French Teacher

By Imtheone16

Okay, so there's five things that you need to know about me; 1. My name is Penny Ray and I'm 16 years old... More

French Teacher
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.1
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 17

2.2K 61 28
By Imtheone16

Throughout the years I've known Kim, I've always thought that she never really liked her hair. She had natural straight black hair, but since a year ago, she began dying it to all kinds of colors. From brown, to ash brown, to pink, to lime green, red, you name it. I think it had something to do with her self-esteem, or more so—the damage on what her ex did to her.

But surprisingly, today, her hair was black again.

At first I had to rethink whether I was dreaming or not, but then she gave me this look of concern, almost as if she wasn't doing anything unusual.

I was never really a fan of the hair coloring thing. I've always told her to stop but I guess I didn't really had the position to tell her what to do cu'z she never really listened. But then again, this does make it even for us. Kim, aside from telling me off to where more girly clothes, had always nagged me to grow my hair longer, which was almost impossible since I've always preferred shorter hair.

I realized, it was an equal nagging thing for our friendship.

"What?" Kim said, almost as if she had been keeping it in for too long.

"Your hair." I answered. "It's black."

"Yeah." Kim raised a brow. "And?"

"It's just—it's not dark purple, pink orange, purple blue, indigo black--"

Kim raised her hand. "Okay. I get it. I get it."

"What's with the sudden raven hair?" I asked. I sounded more investigating than I originally intended.

"There's nothing wrong getting back with my old color hair."

"I didn't say there was. I was just asking why."

Kim shrugged. "I guess I just missed it."

"You said you hate your black hair." I pointed out. "You said it's too boring for your style."

"Well I'm wrong." Kim said. "I miss my natural black hair."

I paused, then I studied her movements and eye rotation. And in that moment, I knew something was wrong.

I looked at her doubtfully as I planned to make her spill the beans if there were any. "Did something happened?"

Kim pulled her head back as she glued her brows together. "No."

I wasn't not convinced.

"Kim." I said with a sigh. "You're not telling me something."

Kim made a defensive look. "Yeah cu'z there's nothing to tell."

"Kim."

"Honest, there isn't anything wrong!" she declared. "Penny, I swear, everything's fine."

I still squinted my eyes at her ever so motherly; as though she was daughter who were on drugs or something. I smelled something fishy and I didn't like it. And she knew how I was on to her; I made sure of it. I was making this look that she was definitely familiar of. I made sure she'd remember how I get overprotective sometimes, how I didn't like her keeping any secrets from me.

"Kim." I said again, warningly.

Kim raised her right hand at me. "I swear."

My tongue touched the tip of my teeth and I intended to blink my eyes once just to show her I was dead serious about this.

It wasn't easy believing Kim, especially when it comes to an okay state. She had never been genuinely okay since Matthew. I knew it, and so does she. I mean, it'd only take a complete idiot to not know that.

Kim gave me the puppy eyes, which made me look at her left fist if it was clenching to her skirt. She was, and it made me giggle in my breath secretly. Kim had always looked cute when doing this, it gave her the innocent look, which brings back the old memories of her being one.

It took a while, but I decided to trust her on this.

"Fine." I let out a breath. "But it better be."

It only took us a couple of moment of silence before something blocked my way. I was currently facing a man's chest. I lifted my head and saw Shay.

"Hey." I said, trying to sound confused.

Typically, he stilled looked like one of those typical popular jocks that ruled the school. He had two friends at his back and they were equally as good looking as he was. But of course—something about Shay just glowed dominance and the better looking one regardless of who was against him.

His chocolate hair looked different, it was messy but not in the usual 'hot' or 'effortless but still looks unresistable' look. Nope, it was just plain old messy.

Somehow his freckles was more visible than usual. His eyes remained confident and his whole demeanour still radiated a childlike stupidity.

And, with this distance, I could smell women perfume on him.

"Penny." he said.

"Shay." I took a step back. "Want anything?"

"Actually I do." he tilted his head.

I shrugged, not really caring but tried to show it as little as possible.

"And what could that possibly be?" I asked.

His reply was a smirk, which I immediately didn't like one bit and took as a bad sign. His smirks were the absolute sign of an upcoming bad news I learned a few days ago.

Some would've  surely melted witnessing these infamous smirk by Shay White, but me? Oh boy.

I pulled my head back, already not liking where this was going.

But, to make it clear though, Shay and I were actually pretty cool now. It took me a couple of times to realized that he wasn't really as bad as I make him out to be. He was an airhead, of course, but he was a good guy. We even text sometimes and but never call.

There is this one thing that he still couldn't pick up that really does get in my nerves. He still doesn't get the 'S' text.

Which meant 'studying', for short. Do not disturb.

My three best friends; which were really the only people who actually texts me, knew about the infamous letter text. It wasn't even that hard to pick up, regardless if we were close or not.

I already explained this to Shay but something tells me his little brain capacity still couldn't take a hint. Well, it's either that or he was just doing it on purpose just for the heck of it.

"I'm here to inform you that I, Shay White, am going to be your partner in Med Class."

I pulled my head back. For a second I laughed, indicating I was already taking it as a joke and how I was already waiting for his killer punchline. Moments went on as he still remained a settle eye contact with me, it clicked to me there wasn't going to be one anytime soon.

"You're kidding." I said. "You're not my partner. Carlus is. I picked him in case you've forgotten."

This morning we had Med Class and we had to do a project with a particular someone. We had the permission to pick and I took the opportunity to choose the best option I had at that time, which was Carlus Peterson. You see, we were required to pair with the opposite gender. I didn't really get the beneficial of the concept but that held the chances with me and Kim pairing up pretty impossible. Lloyd wasn't in my Med Class, so I really had no choice but to choose someone.

If you didn't thought about this; but it was absolute torture for me.

Shay was there in my Med class though, but it didn't really cross my mind to pick him, supposedly because I knew in my gut that he was really not partner material. I'd probably end up doing all the work if I did.

Carlus was obviously the best choice so to speak. He planned to become a nurse or a doctor someday so the pros were already laying on the table.

Thinking about it now, I do remember an overwhelmingly feeling that someone was glaring at me intensely as I called out Carlus' name. I guess that one was from Shay.

"Not anymore." Shay said, matter of factly.  "I talked to Carlus and he was cool with it. Turns out, he was willing to exchange partners with me."

Duh. Cassidy Willow picked you.

No one was surprised when the hottest girl in our Med class picked the hottest guy. I couldn't help but feel slightly offended thinking that my partner had easily given me up for a much better model, well, physically that is. I did consider Cassidy's side though, and I was sure that whatever offence I was taking, the offence was double for her. Shay had just traded her over so fast that half of the day haven't even started yet.

"That A-hole," I muttered to myself, thinking of Carlus.

I pushed my thoughts about him aside, and decided to focus on the real problem here; the true mastermind of the whole thing.

"Why would you do that though?" I snapped my head at him, realizing that he was the one who pushed the exchange thing through. Stress had finally kicked in; a little irritated that the whole point on why I picked Carlus was that I wouldn't have to do the work alone nor did I have to work with someone who was be a little bit incompetent. Kim had already placed right her hand infront of me, already knowing how the vibe was starting to tense. She knew I had just realized something that could affect my grades.

"Well why didn't you picked me?" he questioned me evenly.

I narrowed my eyes. "What?"

"I expected you to pick me."

"Do you plan to go to Medical School?" I questioned.

"No."

"Then that pretty much answers your question."

Neither Shay and I, including Kim, looked over at Shay's friends when they began laughing on their own like a bunch of idiots.

"You're my friend. You should've choosen me, it would have been a nice gesture." he said.

"Shay." I took a step. "You need to know, that in my book, studies will always come first."

"It's true." Kim spoke, saying it in a way like it was the tragic truth.

"Penny. Aren't you happy about this?" Shay asked, sounding a bit negotiable. "We're partners. What's so bad about that?

"Are you going to help me with the project?"

He cocked his shoulders. "Course."

I made a look. "Shay."

"I will." He raised his hand. "Honest."

I studied him first.

His freckles distracted me like they always had. I don't know why but I always had a thing for freckles. It just looks cute to me and I loved how it gave people the natural look.

I hate it when people try to hide it most of the time. I mean, no, don't do that. Freckles are cute and they actually look kind of nice. Especially when it's all over your cheeks.

I first noticed his freckles a week ago. There were only few so I never really noticed them up until I actually gave him my full attention.

Once I saw those light, little freckles on his nose, the impact couldn't be more obvious.

"You're staring again." Kim whispered to me.

My stomach made a jump feeling as I realized what she meant. I closed my eyes and tried to erase that fact from my head.

"Okay, fine." I raised my hand. "Fine, fine, fine. But you better help, Shay, I'm serious."

"I will."

"So when are we going to start?" I asked.

"I was thinking about my place after school."

I nodded. "Okay." I agreed. "See you after school then."

So with that, Shay and his friends went off.

I was going to say something to Kim but her slap on my shoulder beat me to it.

"Holy--" I hissed. "What was that for?"

"Are you seriously going to Shay's house?"

I looked at her first before replying. "That was the plan so yeah."

"Penny, are you serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're actually going to Shay White's house and--"

Just now, I realized where she was getting at. I can't believe I didn't get it sooner. With Kim's vulgar thoughts, it's no doubt that she could think of the most inappropriate things at times.

"We're doing a damn project, Kim." I cut her off, giving away a warning look.

"Still!"

"Don't be a perv, Kim. Nothing's going to happen."

Kim grabbed my shoulders. "But Penny, this is a boy's house."

I scowled. "Big deal. Do you have any idea how many times I went to Beck and Lloyd's place? The sleepovers are uncountable."

"It's different." Kim still disagreed. "Shay's not one of your childhood friends. If anything, you don't even know Shay. You two became friends just a couple of days ago so how could you trust him so easily?"

"Kim." I dropped her name. "What I do know is that he's unfortunately my partner and how we both need to do a damn project together. I'm not going there to do anything funny; I'm going there purely for the sake of my academic life. So just drop it and believe me when I say that nothing is going to happen, do I make myself clear?"

Kim turned her jaw, then dropped down her hands to the side as she let out a breath.

"Geez." I said. "Kim, come on, it's not like he's going to rape me."

Kim slowly grinned at me, then winced. "Maybe you'll be the one who'll do the raping."

I nearly puked.

"Kim, hell, don't say that." I said disgustedly.

She shrugged playfully. "You do love people with freckles, you know."

"It's not a major addiction for me to pull off a rape case!"

This time, Kim chuckled. "Let's just get into class." She wrapped her arm around mine and pulled me to walk.

Things you put up with for the people you love...

-----

"What?!"

So that was the reaction I got when Kim told Lloyd about my upcoming visit to Shay's house.

I closed my eyes and looked for a clearer explanation to calm him now.

"Lloyd, it's not a biggie dealie." I rubbed my temples.

"Penny!" Lloyd objected. "This is Shay White!"

"A.K.A hot dude." Kim innocently pointed out.

Lloyd and I looked at her. "Thank you, Kim." we said at the same time. After that, we gave each other our attention again.

"Penny, this is a fucking bad idea."

As you could already tell; Lloyd's inner protective side is acting up. If there's something I'm really trying my best to get use to, then hell it's Lloyd's overly dramatic protective act. Don't get me wrong, it's something I know about him for a very long time but you couldn't really blame me for getting annoyed sometimes.

"We wouldn't do anything!" I strongly affirmed.

Lloyd tsked, annoyingly."Who knows what that dude has in that house."

I rolled my eyes.

"Lloyd, nothing's going to happen."

"How the hell are you so sure about that?"

"Lloyd, stop overreacting." I sighed tiredly. "I'm not a child."

Hell, I'm three months older than you.

"It is wrong for a dude to get worried about a friend whose clearly a girl?"

Oh please.

"Could you please learn a thing or two from Beck? He's also a friend but you don't see him getting all worked up."

"We're different, Penny."

"What is the big deal?!" I spat. "Why are you always like this? What do you view me as, Lloyd?"

"Clearly a girl."

"Push that." I retorted. "Yes I'm a little petite but I'm no damsel in destress. If you haven't noticed, I have brain, Lloyd."

"I didn't say you don't have one." Lloyd was in the verge of spating. He was this close in rubbing his temples. "I just don't support this hell of an idea."

"You don't support any ideas that has something to do with other boys!" I gestured my hand to our surroundings. "I'm not Sanya; don't act like my overproctive brother. I'm not stupid and I know what I'm doing. Get your mind out off the gutter and just stop worring all the freaking time."

And that's all that took for Lloyd to shut up.

"Shit." Kim longly said.

Lloyd obviously couldn't believe what I just said. Heck, I was too. Lloyd was sinking this in, but he didn't make it that obvious. He was thinking of a respond, and in my opinon, he was having a hard time.

He was debating on whether to act cool or mature.

"Fine." Lloyd shrugged. "Go."

Cool it is.

I shook my head disappointedly at him. I couldn't believe this.

"Gee, thanks." I said.

If he didn't catch my sarcasm then he's probably the most clueless person alive.

It didn't occured to me that I already walked away from them until I realized that I was already at a certain hallway.

People kept passing me.

And when it finally registered to me what just happened, I repeated what Kim said moments ago.

"Shit."

------

Shay's house is extremely average that it's shocking. It's a plain blue second floored house that looked similar to any other houses around it.

Shay took the lead through his yard and I simply followed. From the moment I got inside his house, my eyes immediately scanned the place for many objects were laying on the ground. It wasn't too messy, it was just alittle unorganized. And being the slightly clean freak that I am, I instinctly took a book from the ground and placed it on a near by table. This went on until I already placed atleast seven objects on a more organized location.

"Are you cleaning up?" Shay asked. I didn't notice he was watching me the whole time.

"Ah--sorry." I dusted some imaginary dust on my jeans. "I'm usually the one who does all the cleaning in my house so--I guess this is just an instinct."

"Really?" Shay beamed. "Then I wouldn't mind you living here."

I pulled my head back. "Wish on a star, White."

He gave me a chuckle as I continued to scan his living room.

"Don't worry, my brother will clean this up once he gets home." he said.

I looked at him. "You have a brother?"

He nodded. "Older. He's working till two in the morning."

I thought about it; and after a few seconds, there was something that I just realized.

I looked around the room and searched for a thing that should be here.

"Where's...your Mom?" I asked, actually searching for anyone else in the house. "Or parents or whatever."

Shay also looked around. "Not here I guess. My Mom, I mean. She's probably out working and my Dad is actually at Australia."

"What time will your Mom arrive?"

"Probably..." Shay looked up. "I don't really know. But surely late. Always like this."

I gave the surrounding a boyish nod. "Alrighty."

Judging by the aura this place is giving, not much usually happens here. Like, sure parties had occured here but in family occasions, it's a nope. There's only little hints that love could be felt here (In a family connection kind of way).

To my observation, the place gives a pretty lonely vide.

When I turned to Shay, I saw a mused smile on his face.

"What?" I suspiciously asked.

"You're not concious." he answered, smiling and pressing his nose bone.

I raised a brow. "On what?"

"The fact that we're alone in my house."

Instantly, I puffed and restrained myself to laugh. More so, to roll my eyes. "Oh please. As if."

I moved my way and passed Shay. "Where's your room? Let's just get started."

"All right." he said. This time, it's his turn to walk pass me and move up stairs. I followed.

When we got to his room, the place was exactly what I imagined it be; blue walls, clothes on the floor, open cabinets, computer on a slightly messy table and a bed for two. His room's a little wider than mine and contains a lot more expensive stuffs. Judging by his laundry, all his clothes are branded. His mac computer is the lastest model, which made me concious of my lenovo laptop. Shay got shelves, with actual books and actual trophies on them. Well, he is the best football player out there, literally, no one can beat him.

"Nice room." I commented, stepping insided and feeling his clothes on my feet. "Where do you--"

Shoot!

I tripped. What did I just stepped on? I looked around and saw a bunch of laundries that are piled up into a pyramid. Still on the floor, narrowing my eyes, I removed the clothes one by one and saw a huge broken piggie bank.

I looked at Shay. "Shay, really?"

In respond, he raised his hands. "Hey in my defence; you didn't watch your a step."

I scanned his room again and this time, when I saw a particular clothing (that I'm sure that doesn't belong to Shay), my eyes grew bigger than ever before.

"Shay!" I pointed at an expensive looking hot pink victoria secret underwear. "Why the hell is that in this room?"

Just the thought of it makes me want to hurl.

Shay looked to where I pointed and not soon after, realization filled his eyes. "Ah. Diane must have left it."

Gross Gross Gross Gross!

"Shay, seriously?" I held a disgusted tone.

He just shrugged. "Sorry?"

"Urgh!" Unawarely, I scanned the room again.

This time, I saw a molded sandwich.

"Shay!" I hopelessy covered my face. "Oh my God."

"What is it this time?" Shay tiredly asked.

Shaking my head, I know I couldn't focus, let along work, in this condition. When I let out a breath, I stood up and folded my brother's swearter's sleeves up. Then, I folded my jeans.

"What...are you up to?" Shay confusingly looked at me.

"Get out." I ordered. "I'm going to bloody clean up your room."

Shay raised his brows. "Penny, can you just--"

"GET OUT!"

------

This is unbelievable.

The room is a mess. Majority of his clothes weren't washed yet and three particular, or five spaces in this room has an unknowm strain.

Shay was waiting outside his room, probably arms folded over his chest I guess.

"Shay!" I shouted. "All your clothes aren't washed yet! Where the hell do you find clean clothes to wear for school?!"

"From my brother's closet." he slightly yelled back. "I'm guessing we're not that different at all, huh."

I rolled my eyes. "I do clean them afterwards, you know."

"Still."

My God, how could a person be as good looking as Shay, could be this messy? Could be this careless?

I mean, how!?

How could he sleep in this condition? Doesn't he feel the slightest bit concious that his room is like this?

Unbelievable.

I kept complaining in my breath, cursing and making it sound like Shay forced me to do this but in fact, my OCD self did.

"You don't have to do this, you know." Shay said.

"Shut up." I sternly answered. "I'm already doing it so just shut up."

I heard him sigh, but didn't really paid attention.

After I was done, I collected his unwashed clothes and headed outside.

"Where's your washing machine?" I grumpingly demanded at him.

He raised a brow and froced back a chuckle. "What?"

"Where the heck is your washing machine, Shay." I repeated, with more demand in my tone.

This time, he couldn't hold back his boyish laugh anymore. His blissful smile wasn't fake, it was cute and mildly intertaining to look at actually. Then, he pressed his nose bone. "You're going to wash my clothes?"

"Bloody duh."

He cooly moved his eyes to mine. This kind of caught me off guard cause it made me hold my breath for a moment.

Woah.

I almost forgot how inhumanly gorgeous Shay is.

Especially with his cute freackles.

"Penny, you don't need to." he said with a smile.

I turned my jaw. "Your washing machine, Shay."

He amusingly shook his head. "Downstairs, just right next to the kitchen."

I didn't give a reply. I just swiftly turned my back on him and went downstairs.

I washed his clothes. His jeans, his football uniform, his shorts, his beanies. Hell, I ever washed his underwear.

"I can't believe you're actually doing this." I heard Shay's voice. I looked through the corner of my eye and found him grinning at the scene.

I wiped my forehead from sweat while taking my breath.

"Do you always do this at other peoples houses?" he asked.

"No." I flatly said. "Other houses weren't as messy as this so I didn't really need to."

He puffed. "Thanks for the compliment."

"Pleasure."

While washing his clothes, Shay and I talked. It wasn't a heart to heart conversation; it was just small talking. Where were we born, birthdays, favorite TV shows, etc.

It's amusing, cause I almost forgot how Shay is just a regular dude. A little more attractive than regular basis but still normal. He grew up normally, except with a very few emotional contact with people, but could still be considered as a boy like any other boys in the world.

After I was done, I heard a grumble from Shay's stomach.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

Shay touched his belly. "Not really."

I watched him, and heard another grumble. After so, I dusted my attire and washed my hands.

"Come on." I said. "I'll cook you something."

Shay's eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I mean, you are hungry, right?"

"Sure...but. Isn't this suppose to be at the other way around? You are my guest."

"Do you know how to cook?"

Shay blushed. "Not really."

"Then that answers your question. I'm cooking."

Just when I was suppose to walk in the kitchen, Shay suddenly blocked my way.

I looked at him. "What?"

"Penny." He looked into my eyes. "You cleaned my room, washed my clothes and even my underwear, and now, you're going to cook for me?"

I shrugged. "Yeah."

Shay starred at me, then rolled his head and took a breath. He was in the verge of laughing but ended up with a chuckle instead.

"Oh Penny." he said, scratching the side of his nose.

"Oh Shay." I mocked him.

Shay looked at me, but this time, his eyes sparkled. "You'd be a perfect mother."

"Geee thanks." I said, only slightly being sarcastic. "Now will you please let me pass?"

He did.

When I gladly passed him, he followed behind me as he said. "Just marry me already."

-----

I cooked mac and cheese. Shay and I are eating it together on the dining table, not speaking a word.

"You know," Shay started. "you're the very first girl who came over here that didn't bang me, but instead, you cleaned my room, washed my clothes and cooked for me. Now isn't that new?"

"And I will never." I replied, without lifting my head to look at him. "Not in a billion years."

Shay chuckled. "Me neither. I mean, not too long ago, I just said you'd be a great mother. So like, if I were to bang you, it'd be like banging my own Mom."

I dropped my fork and closed my eyes. "Shay."

He laughed. "Just saying,"

"Are you done with your M&C? Cu'z I'd love to start our thing for Med Class now."

Shay lastly took a big bite. "Yep."

"Good, let's go."

-----

It only took us five minutes before Shay got completely distracted and forgot how I was showing him the correct way to cover up a bloody wound.

"Jesus Shay!" I exclaimed. "Could you please listen?!"

"Can we just not do this?" Shay whined. "Let's just do something fun."

"No!" I deadpanned. "This is the reason why I came over so this is what we're doing!"

"Can we just talk like what normal friends do?"

"We'll do that after we're done with this."

He groaned. "Let's just go to a bar or a club or something."

I rolled my eyes. "Shay."

"Come on." he rolled his eyes too. "This is boring and anyone would prefer to do actual fun stuff."

"By anyone, am I included?" I raised a brow. "Cu'z clearly I'm not."

"Obviously."

I held my breath from curses. Then, I stood up and head towards his closet.

"What are you doing now?" he asked, leaning his back to the wall.

"I'm looking for a thin towel to freaking show you how to cover up a wound."

When I casually opened his closet, I jumped in a huge surprise from what I unexpectedly seen.

"Shay oh my God!" I freaked. "Why is there a porno magazine in here?"

He snorted with a smile. "I'm a growing boy." he said. "What do you expect?"

I brushed my hair up as I let out a tired breath. I can't believe this.

"You are such a boy-girl, Ray."

I looke at him. "What do you mean?"

"Just now, your gesture was so boy-like. Heck, you nailed it. Are you even aware with those gestures?"

I sat down on the bed. I took another breath before pulling myself to look at him. "Am I really?"

He nodded. "Figures." he said. "You're not aware."

"Is it really wrong if I'm boyish like what you people say?"

He shook his head. "Not really. But it's alittle cute. It's new."

I raised my brow. "Happy to know."

Not really...

------

"Come on, let's just go to a club already!"

It was getting so late, but Shay hadn't talked about anything other than ditching the project and head to a club.

The tired sighs I let out are countless.

"I told you, Shay," I said for the last time. "I'm not going. More so, we're not going."

"Have you ever gone to one before?"

"No."

"Then let's go."

"No, Shay. No."

"Yes, Penny. Yes."

I scratched my forehead. At times like these, I just don't know what to do.

"Have you ever drank before?" he asked, while I was figuring things out with this problem.

"Never." I blankly said.

"Why not?"

"Because I'd rather not. I've seen how people get drunk and I don't really like the sight."

That, and how my acholohic system is extremely weak. I learned that when I went to one of Beck's cousin's wedding. I only drank two cups of wine and my body became immediately jelly like. I spoke unstop and I puked until nothing was left in my stomach anymore. I literelly lost three kilos with that single night alone.

"Oh please." Shay stood up.

"Hey." I looked at him, wondering. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to get us some drinks."

"Shay, don't." I said. "You're just using this as a distraction. Sit down."

"No, don't worry. This will only take a minute."

And before I could reprehend, Shay went out the door and shut it.

Great...

Scratching my head aggressively, I laid my back on Shay's bed and hugged his pillow.

To think, the countless of sex happened on this bed..

Wait....

Oh my--!

The thought made me jump, and literally grossed me out big time. I fell from the bed and dusted my clothes all over.

Gross!

Moments later, Shay returned with four bottled beers in hand. My eyes widened and my jaw eventually hung opened.

"What the hell are you doing?" I demanded.

"I told you, didn't I?" he smiled. "We're drinking!"

I ignored that smile on his face and raised my hand at him. I was trying to find my inner peace before talking. "Shay, put that away and let's just get to work, shall we?"

Shay made a look. "Just one drink, Penny."

Before I could reply, Shay went up to me and sat down.

"Shay, I'm serious." I tilted my head at him.

"Penny, don't be a party pooper. A drink wouldn't hurt."

"It would hurt you!" I retorted. "Cause if you don't put that beer down--"

Shay placed his point finger agaisnt my lips, stopping me from finishing my sentence.

"Could you please?" he leaned towards me. "Just one drink."

With this distance, I immediately smelled something funny in his breath. The same smell that came from Lloyd's breath whenever he came from a party. The very same scent that came from people's mouths at Beck's cousin's wedding. It's the same smell that made me puke my throat out and gave me a massive headache the following day.

The smell of alcohol..

Oh no...

-----

I didn't even put on an effort anymore in stopping Shay in drinking. I knew he wouldn't stop even if I told him to. Even if I cursed his ears out or punch him numerous times, he still wouldn't give a shit. He was already drunk and everybody knows no one can stop a drunk person.

I'm not proud, but being a boyish girl that people say that I am has it's perks. I don't even feel threatened that Shay might accidentally rape me. Want to know why? Becase from the past hour, Shay had been smacking my back non stop in a very bro-ish way. He didn't even see me as a girl, even in a drunk condition.

Typical...

Hopelessly, I allowed Shay to drink his mind out as I quietly did our report myself. I knew this would happened.

While Shay kept talking and laughing by himself, I allowed myelf get drawn to the report that we supposedly should've done together.

I was just about done when I suddenly heard a thump sound outside. I lifted my head and stood up. I went to Shay's window and looked outside.

Shoot, it's raining.

"Holy mother." I said.

"What is it?" Shay asked, looking red from all the alcohol he took.

"It's raining, Shay." I said. "I better head out before it gets worst."

"Already?"

I took my bag from the ground and the paper works I worked on. "Yeah. I'll just do the rest at my place. Drink some water and just rest, alright? I'm leaving."

Just when I was on my way to the door, Shay grabbed my leg which led me to an outbalance, causing me to eventually fall on the floor.

"What the hell, Shay?!" I angrily yelled at him.

"Just stay over." he said with a insisting tone.

My face wrinkled angerily with a mix of confusion. I looked at him like he just suggested the most craziest thing. "Like dream big!"

"Like you said, it's raining so just stay over so you wouldn't get wet." He face pressed agaisnt my leg.

I tried to shake him off but he was unfortunately too heavy. "Shay are you crazy? Let go. Before the rain gets wrost."

"I'm not letting go." He now hugged me. My leg, I mean.

"Jesus Christ, could you not!" I tried pushing him by the back. "If the rain gets worst then--"

The thunder thumped louder this time. I paused, and listened to the rain as it got stronger.

I pushed him stronger this time and I successfully removed his grip on my leg. When I was free, I stood up and went towards his window. I looked outside and my theory was right.

From rain, it became a storm. A really strong one too.

I snapped my head at Shay and glared at his what-I-told-you look.

"See?" His shoulders shot up. "What I tell ya?"

I pressed my lips together, holding my temper in as I looked at Shay with a slightly blurry vision. I formed two fist with both hands. I was trying to keep my cool, knowing letting my anger out at a drunk person would look stupid.

I didn't really hate the idea of sleeping over, I just didn't like the thought of a drunk person giving me the what-I-told-you look. But in other cases, I think it just annoyed me seeing Shay giving me that drunk smile on his face. It shows, in some ways, that he's carefree and it practically disturbed me.

When I finally pressed the heels of my hands agaisnt my eyes, I let out a breath and allowed myself to fall on the ground.

"God!" I groaned furiously.

Guess I'm staying for the night then. Darn.

Author's Note

Whatcha think of Penny and Shay? Do they have chemistry? xD lol, please leave a comment on what you think :) I'll be waiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906 16 21
COMPLETED!!! here's a snip bit ! "Hey Belle" he said with a cheeky smile. I look up and give him the fakest smile i can put on "did my constant haras...
280K 8.6K 34
"Are you Gabriel Trudeau?" she said, studying my face. "It's just Gabe." I corrected her. "And you are?" "I'm Aiden, I'm your tutor." "Things just go...
182K 6.5K 54
"So what's your name?" He asks Oh so now he wants to play the game of twenty questions. Interesting! "Do you think I should tell you?" I ask "Answer...
3.2K 52 36
"I am... frustrated." I began. Okay now he was really amused. The fucking bastard; he was grinning like the bitch he was. I rolled my eyes. "I'm sur...