From the Ashes

Por WolfishTendencies

It's been three years since the Battle of Hogwarts. Hermione returned for her final year and graduated. Now... Mais

01 - A Spark in the Night
02 - In The Cellar
03 - At the Ministry
04 - One Step Too Far
05 - Friend or Foe
07 -Number 12 Grimmauld Place
08 - A Cryptic Warning
09 - The Meaning Of It All
10 - Dark Discussion
11 - Ron's Grave Mistake
12 - Dearly Departing
13 - Locked Away
14 - Through the Forest
15 - The Raven
16 - Following Breadcrumbs
17 - Quick Thinking
18- A Moment For Tea
19 - Another Time

06 - The New Regime

270 8 0
Por WolfishTendencies

"What the hell?"

Ginny stood in the kitchen staring dumbstruck at the five figures that had just apparated into her living room.

"Sorry, Ginny. I didn't know where else to take them." Hermione said, dropping Draco and Narcissa's hands and walking to Ginny's side.

"Where did you find them?" Ginny asked giving the Malfoy's and Astoria a distrustful looking over.

"Malfoy Manor. The Prophet gave me the idea. They were in the cellar..."

"Oh." For a moment Hermione and Ginny stood in silence, then Ginny turned to the shaken family in her living room, "Would you like a cup of tea?"

Narcissa and Draco exchanged looks and Lucius shifted slightly, looking around the room and the modge podge of pottery and moving photographs. Astoria was the first to speak, she stepped forward, placing a hand on her husband's arm, "We would love one, thank you."

"I'll put on the kettle." Ginny turned and went to prepare the tea. Hermione glanced at the others.

"Might as well get comfortable. You might be here a while."

"I suppose they'll be staying for dinner then?" Ginny called over the filling kettle.

"I would say so," Hermione said. She was eyeing the family, finally getting a good look at them. They looked worn. Nothing like their imposing photographs in the manor. Fallen from their former glory. Draco had deep bags under his eyes, his hair fell to his shoulders and thick stubble lined his jaw, his resemblance to his father was uncanny. Narcissa was paler then normal, if possible, and her hair was white instead of blonde, her husband was much like their son, deep circles under the eyes and an unruly mane of hair. Astoria was the only one who looked remotely composed. Her hair was braided down her back and she held herself with pride.

The Malfoy's were eyeing her again, but none of them spoke.

"Look I need to know what happened to you, but it can wait till Harry gets here," Hermione said, flopping down into the closest armchair and removing the tight clip from her hair. Her curls feel around her face and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"For now why don't you sit down and try to relax." She smiled. As much as she disliked this family it had been years since the war and they had clearly suffered a great deal since then.

Astoria accepted and sat, pulling Draco down beside her. He pulled Astoria closer, protectively holding her against him. Hermione felt a pang of longing at the gesture but shook it off, she switched her focus to Lucius and Narcissa. They still stood, but at her gaze, they reluctantly sat on the loveseat across from their son.

CRACK!

Harry appeared in the center of the room, he took in the sight in front of him and met Hermione's gaze.

"My place? Couldn't have gone to the ministry?"

"We're not sure who's responsible, it didn't seem safe. Plus we had dinner plans so I knew you'd be here." Hermione said, she rose and hugged Harry and then returning to her seat.

"What happened? How did you find them?" Harry asked glancing over at the Malfoy's.

"She read the Prophet," Ginny said, placing cups on the coffee table and giving her husband a kiss on the cheek.

"They were at Malfoy Manor. Harry, there were at least five of them there." Hermione said, "They attacked us on our way out. Well actually two found me when I entered and I stunned them, then I found them," she nodded at the four figures on the couch, "and when we started to leave more were arriving. We disapparated and this was the first place I thought of."

"Death Eaters?" Harry asked.

"No idea." Hermione said, "Either way, they were up to no good."

Crack!

"Hermione! Are you alright?" Ron grasped Hermione by the shoulder, pulling her out of the chair into a deep hug.

"I'm fine Ron," Hermione said, letting him hug her. Ron let go and cleared his throat.

"Good. Now why in the hells did you bring them to my sisters!" Here we go...

"I'll remind you it's my place too," Harry grumbled from the other side of the coffee table. Hermione crossed her arms.

"It was the first place I thought off. I figured we could figure out a better plan as a group."

"As you aren't technically an Auror you should leave it to us," Ron said. "You've put my sister in harm's way."

"Oh sod off." Ginny said, rolling her eyes, "I'm right here and have been in much worse trouble. They're unarmed and shaken. Why don't you sit down or bugger off." She crossed her arms and glared at him. Ron glowered but accepted his sister's words, glancing at the Malfoy's for the first time.

"Well, at least you look like hell." He said to Draco.

"Back at you," Draco said, unable to resist. Ron did indeed look like hell. Hermione couldn't help but feel at fault for that. Only a week earlier she had asked him to leave. He was now crashing at the Burrow in his old attic bedroom. His hair was shaggy and stubble was growing in patchy.

"Guys come on." Harry put a hand on Ron's chest. "Will you sit down."

Ginny came over with a full pot of tea.

"I've got some biscuits too." She said, placing the pot on the table.

"Thank you," Draco said, he had been taught manners.

"You're welcome," Ginny said, giving him a pursed smile.

Harry poured the tea and handed it around.

"So tell me what happened. How did you end up trapped in your own cellar?"

There was silence for a moment and then Narcissa spoke up.

"We are not entirely sure. We've been staying out of the public eye, keeping to ourselves for the most part. But then the other night there was a knock at our door. Draco," she glanced at her son. "Draco went to get it, then there was shouting and three cloaked figures entered and stunned Lucius and I." she paused. "Draco was stunned immediately upon their arrival." she glanced at her daughter-in-law. "Astoria was upstairs and came down to see what was going on and they took her too." she took a sip of the tea. Ginny had returned with the biscuits, she placed them on the coffee table and came to sit with Harry.

"Then I woke in the dark. Draco wouldn't wake up but Astoria was awake already. She was sitting with Draco in the corner, and Lucius was nowhere to be seen." Narcissa swallowed.

"It seems they were looking something. The Elder Wand."

At this Harry put his tea down and spoke.

"I snapped it, there's no way for them to use it." He sounded unsure, in the Wizarding World there was always a chance of magic being recovered. The wand was not likely the exception. "Even if they could it would be impossible to locate it."

Narcissa didn't respond, instead, she continued to flesh out their imprisonment.

"They tortured Lucius and Astoria but did not glean what they needed from them and then Granger showed up and helped us escape." she nodded to Hermione.

There was silence as they sipped their tea.

"Well...We'll have to find somewhere safe for you to stay till we figure out who they were." Harry said. "Did you recognize any of them?"

"No," Narcissa said.

"I did." Draco said, he looked uncomfortable but continued, "The figures who followed us out of the manor. One of them was Pansy Parkinson." He sounded bitter and worn out. "I'd recognise her anywhere. Her hood slipped as we disapparated, she had a mask, but it was definitely her."

Astoria grasped Draco's hand. Pansy had been Draco's long-standing girlfriend. It came as no surprise to Hermione that someone as foul as Pansy Parkinson had joined the new regime.

"Anyone else?" Harry asked.

"No," Draco said.

"Well, that's at least a lead. The Parkinson's also vanished after the war." Harry leaned back in his chair, "Hang on. Why did they torture you?" He was eyeing Astoria with deep curiosity.

"I don't know. Possibly because of my father. He's been studying wand lore for over four decades, he's no Ollivander but he knows a thing or two." She paused. "They mostly wanted to know about the Elder Wand." she fell silent. Hermione felt a slight pull of irritation. Somehow she felt that this was not the full truth.

"I think we should split them up. Astoria and Draco can stay at my place, and Narcissa and Lucius can stay here." Hermione said, "If that's alright with Ginny."

Ginny nodded.

"No." Harry said, "They'll stay at Grimmauld Place." He glanced at Hermione. "You should stay there with them. Your place isn't safe. Ron too." He added, glancing at Ron.

"No way," Ron said.

"It's your job, you'll do it," Harry said, pulling his seniority into the discussion.

"Fine."

"I'll stay with them," Hermione said she was honestly quite happy for the company, no matter who it was, her place was quiet and lonely, and after the Dark Mark and the fire, she had been unable to sleep. Her home had layers of protection but even then she felt unsafe.

"It's agreed then." Harry said, "Now then. How about we have some dinner?"

Ginny grinned, "You're all in luck, I made far too much. I'm still used to cooking for the whole family."

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter please vote, comment, and share!

All rights, references, and characters from Harry Potter belong to J.K.Rowling.

Image rights reserved by Unknown.  (If you know who drew it please pm me so I can assign proper credit. Pintest was very unhelpful.)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

35.5K 879 35
The war has ended and the Golden Trio has come back to Hogwarts to complete there 7th year, since they missed it while finding Horcruxes in their bat...
1.1K 56 31
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...
815K 13.9K 32
When the war survivors from the school of Which Craft and Wizardry return to finish their remaining years, everyone seems to have different feelings...
43.9K 780 36
Eleanor Granger, Hermione's half sister, is placed into the wrong house at Hogwarts. But is it really the wrong house for her? Or is she destined for...