The Product is Faulty, Please...

By SnickeringFox

Reincarnated into a story. Whether it was manga, novel, or game. If you are the villain/villainess, there's... More

[GAME OVER]
Tutorial 2: [Interface]
Tutorial 3: [Enter the Prologue]
Tutorial 4: [Starter Village]

Tutorial 1: [Brave the New World]

892 26 5
By SnickeringFox

The sense of floating enveloped me. There's a subtle yet bright supernova at the back of my eyes. For a moment, I feel weightless. For that second, I feel with a deep certainty that I'm moving, yet I'm still lying on my back.

And then I was falling.

.

.

.

.

FUCK— 

The wind current struck my back viciously. I'm pretty sure something snapped but I can't feel anything apart from adrenaline and the feeling of my body spun wildly.

FuckfuckfuckI'mgonnadiegonnadiegonnadie

.

<Skill Activated: Teleport>

.

"—Hngrk!"

Groaning, my body crashed into solid ground. I stayed still, uncertain whether my bones fractured or not, and dreading the pain. My fingers twitches, and slowly I wiggled my toes.

At least they're not broken.

Next, slowly move my arms to confirm they're fine too. I wiggled my arms around to create enough room so I can move them in front of my chest. After that I grip the cobwebs and rip them apart.

The light almost blinded me but I didn't care because now I am free!

I took a deep breath, the scents of soils and young leaves assault my nose. The sharp smell of decaying woods mixed up with something resembling musk. After blinking my eyes, I could see tall treetops everywhere. This is a forest.

...Shit.

_______________________________________________

After cleaning and disposing the rest of cobwebs that clinging to my body, I sat gingerly on a clean patch of forest floor. Now, I can examine my current situation. Especially when I didn't have a monstrous spider that intent to make a meat-burrito out of me.

Right. I can do this.

Okay. First, what had happened before the spider?

I'm...

Eating. Yes, my mouth tasted sweet. Pastry. I'm eating pastry.

...but before that, what?

...There's a gap in my memory.

(ba-dump. ba-dump.)

Cold already seeps into my blood. My hands tingle with icy air. I could barely wheeze out a breath because my heart speed up crazily.

—No, no. Breath. Calm. Relax. Slowly.

I chokes on breath, forcing my lungs to breath slowly despite black spots already appearing in the corner of my vision. I'm aware I was one minute away from full hyperventilate and anxiety attack even when this is not the best time to do it.

No, no. I can have a meltdown later, when I wasn't in a deadass unknown forest, filled with hundreds upon hundreds chances of me getting killed by animals and plants alike.

Okay, okay. Accidental amnesia can be mitigated with structured question.

First, who am I? I don't know, yet.

Second, what is my gender? After slightly check, female.

Age? Still don't know.

Race? Pretty sure still human.

Appearance? Still don't know, but apparently I have gray hair.

Wait what.

I stared dumbly on gray strands hanging just a touch higher than my shoulder.

...Apparently I'm old woman?

_______________________________________________

Ah, such a pretty, pretty blue... So deep, yet clearer than oceanic Cobalt darkness. Fluff of marshmallow white like stars, fluffy-fluff hanging and grouping and swinging and that's a big, big dragon. Flying like a finely airplane streaking across marshmallow goop, yum, chewy deliciousness— 

Did you know, why when you watching on tv someone trekking through jungle, they never once try picking that one very pretty, and bright looking, and sure was delicious, fruit?

...Because 9 out of 10 chances, that was a poisonous fruit.

And I was the idiot that consumed that very beautiful looking red fruit after mistaking it as red berry.

And that's why, at present, I was sprawling in the dirt, paralyzed and numb, staring into the sky between tree canopies, feeling disturbingly happy.

After that little identity crisis freak-out, I decided to just ignored it for the meantime and went to choose a path to getting out of this forest. I determined the path with following the fall of shadows.

After what feels like 2 hours walking, I was feeling hungry. I did not bring anything when displacement occurs besides the clothes on my body. I began to look around. Forest is a place where food is abundant ... for forest animals, of course.

Meat, I can get it from animals such as rabbits or deer, but of course I have to hunt them myself. And I can't hunt, not yet. I did not have the necessary tools, and do not have the slightest experience in hunting. And even if I'm lucky to find some animals, I can't process and cook their meat.

I saw a lot of mushrooms growing under the large trees, but I'm not sure they were safe for consumption. Pretty sure those neon blue-spotted mushrooms are poisonous. And they have fifty-fifty chances too. Either they have bizarre shapes with one colour theme or rainbow-mixed colour but normal shapes.

This leads me to the third and safer choice, forest fruits.

I gathered some that looked normal, like a mango-like fruit but brown, banana with pinked skin, a few fruit that I was sure was mangosteen, and berries.

First, I try the pink banana. Sniffed it to be extra sure it didn't have suspicious smell. And then I bite into it.

...

...

It...

...was...

surprisingly... bland.

Like, like cookie dough but without sugar.

But at least this one is edible.

When I finished one of the banana, I tried eating the mango look-a-alike.

It...

It was super salty what the fuck.

Staring dumbly, I just... I just stared at it.

...you know what? Fuck it.

So what if it tasted like I drink a shot of salt water? Edible food is edible. I can eat this with bland banana!

When I cut open one of mangosteen, I almost disappointed because the inner flesh already browned. But then I smelled nuts. When I bit into it, well... it tasted like red beans.

Feeling brave because of a fairly edible tastes, I forgot to take precautions with the red berries. I eat one, and it tastes a little sweet. I eat one more, and yes it really tasted a little sweet and not just my imagination. So I eat it all.

Not even a minute later I'm feeling very giddy from something that I can't even remember and vaguely feel my body toppling back.

And yeah. That was why my body feels numb all over still and mind distracted by everything.

A little part of my mind that still sane thought maybe this is how I really died.

.

[Condition has been met.]

[Resist Poison Lv.1  acquired.]

.

Huh?

Right, about this vaguely transparent screen thing that appeared a while ago and has been bothering me.

What the fuck is this?

.

.

  _______________________________________________  

{STATUS — SELF UPDATE

NAME: (not yet available)

AGE: (not yet available) 

RACE: Human

HP/MP : (not yet available) 

TITLE(s): (not yet available) 

SKILL(s):

[Teleport] [Resist Poison Lv.1]

UNIQUE SKILL(s):

[Infinite Teleport <Grade: Legendary>]

EQUIPMENT(s): (not yet available) 

WEAPON(s): (not yet available) }

_______________________________________________

A/N:

I write this story little-by-little. So I can't have scheduled release.

(I'm in process writing my essay so I'm gonna die if I force myself juggling two of them)

But I'm STILL WRITING.

(P.S: please help me beta-ed this story. I'm dying because grammars.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 4.1K 58
After your defeat, sonic decided to spare you.You became something of a anti-hero like shadow and help them on their adventures.The mad doctor now ha...
23.8K 948 14
In the starlit festivities of Penacony, she meets Caelus, a figure shrouded in mystery who shines as a beacon into her enduring night. He was her lig...
39.7K 1.5K 21
you are tanjiro little sister what happens if you died during the events of swordsmith village arc and got a second chance to live it again in the gr...
17.4K 335 10
After being died because of his Differences, he was send to hell and luckily meet the princess of hell & others, together they will make sure everyon...