With You┃Dylan O'Brien ⓵

By PrincessNoamy

Anita Burns has just moved from rainy Washington to sunny California where everything is different. With grad... More

support my writing
Chapter One : Welcome to the Warmth
Chapter Two : Lockers Lunch & Learning
Chapter Three : For the First Time in Forever
Chapter Four : Getting Acquainted
Chapter Five : The Truth
Chapter Six : The Sun of the Beach
Chapter Seven : Day & Night
Chapter Eight : Finding the Right Words
Chapter Nine : Thanks to You
Chapter Ten : Go For It
Chapter Eleven : Remain Unspoken
Chapter Twelve : So Much About You
Chapter Thirteen : A Week to Remember
Chapter Fourteen : Nine, Ten, Eleven
Chapter Fifteen : Something to Smile About
Chapter Sixteen (Pt. 1) : How Unexpected
Chapter Seventeen : A Jealousy & A Conjecture
Chapter Eighteen : Lifeguards
Chapter Nineteen : Bad News Now Good News Later
Chapter Twenty : Fantasy
Chapter Twenty-One : Monica & Claus
Chapter Twenty-Two : W.T.A.F.
Chapter Twenty-Three : Happy(?) Holidays
Chapter Twenty-Four : Castles & Kisses
Chapter Twenty-Five : Perfect Two
Chapter Twenty-Six : Christmas Day
Chapter Twenty-Seven : Another Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Eight : Hearts & Numbers
Chapter Twenty-Nine : That's Not True
Chapter Thirty : New Horizons
Chapter Thirty-One : Keep Going
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
Chapter Thirty-Two : A Bad Start
Chapter Thirty-Three : Making the Most of the Worst
Chapter Thirty-Four : Blood Sweat and Tears
Chapter Thirty-Five : Trouble in Paradise
Chapter Thirty-Six : Never
Chapter Thirty-Seven : Don't Leave Me
Chapter Thirty-Eight : The Diagnosis
Chapter Thirty-Nine : Ever After
Epilogue
surprise!
A Preview of "Without You"

Chapter Sixteen (Pt. 2) : This is New

11.4K 271 141
By PrincessNoamy

We leave Las Vegas on Sunday morning, at freaking eight o'clock in the morning. I like to sleep in on the weekends! I guess I shouldn't complain, though, because it just means I get see... my boyfriend... earlier.

I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that Dylan and my boyfriend are the same person. They are synonyms, now. Boyfriend is now added to the list of things I can call Dylan O'Brien, and I don't think anyone understands how happy that makes me.

The four hour drive home feels more like ten hours because here I am, sitting in the back seat with Dylan. A single seat in the middle separates us, but it might as well be a freaking wall. I mean it's not like I can just reach over and cover with him my kisses even though that's all I want to do.

We just keep glancing at one another and sending each other suggestive looks that often make me giggle. His facial expressions are just too attractive and hilarious at the same time. When this happens for the third time, my dad takes notice.

"What is going on with you?", he asks, looking through the rear view mirror. "Got a bad case of the giggles?"

"Sorry," I say insincerely. "People on Twitter are just really funny this morning."

My dad nods and simply turns up the hardcore country song playing on the radio, turning his attention back to the road. I steal another glance at Dylan and he's stifling a laugh of his own. I pull out my phone and send him a text.

How is my *boyfriend* doing this fine morning?? (:

Pretty splendid, on account of some very exciting events that took place last night.

I giggle again and reply, You're welcome(: And also thank u bc wow u r a really good kisser

It was my pleasure ;) So how is my *girlfriend* doing?

Pretty good other than the fact that um, her parents r in the car so she can't really kiss her bae rn even though she really wants to

Aw, well if it makes her feel better tell her that I'll be sure to give her lots of kisses later.

Yessss, I'm so looking forward to that. U kno I think I might sleep now bc I want "later" to come quickly.

But what if you miss The Neighbourhood again?

I won't, this is the country channel

There's a first time for everything.

Oh I know(; See you when I wake up! *kiss kiss kiss* (phone kisses will have to do for now)

Emphasis on "for now".

I wake up when we're just five minutes from reaching good old Dylan's house. My mom isn't in the car anymore, and I find out that she was dropped off at her office. I find it kind of redundant that we're dropping Dylan off because I know that I'll be seeing him again today, eventually.

It's barely one in the afternoon. Of course, my parents don't know this, so it's not like I can tell them. As we slow to a stop, he gets out of the car with all his belongings. He thanks my father for the ride and for 'allowing me to come to your mother's party', like the sweet, polite gentleman he is.

As he walks into his house he glances at me over his shoulder and I try my best to be discreet, blowing him a kiss. He smiles widely in return, but then my dad says "hey!" which gives me a miniature heart attack.

"What?!", I ask wildly, turning forward to face him.

"I saw that," he says as we pull away from the house.

"Can I not flirt with him?"

"That's what you call flirting nowadays?"

"Hey, if it works it works."

"You don't have to flirt with that guy, he already really likes you. Pretty obvious."

Oh dad, you have no idea.

~

"I need to see you," I tell Dylan over the phone, an hour later.

"Why? I saw you like an hour ago."

"I really hope you're joking right now."

"Definitely. I want to see you too."

"I have to warn you, I got some questions for you."

He pauses for a minute, "W-what? About what?"

"Let me come get you and you'll find out."

"Um, okay. Pick me up in like twenty minutes... Should I be worried? Because I'm worried."

I chuckle, "You worry yourself too much, honestly. There's nothing to worry about. I am your girlfriend, after all."

When I pull up outside of his house, Dylan is already sitting outside on his front steps. As he walks up to my car, his mom waves to me through the window. I smile and wave back, immediately wondering if maybe he'd told her about us. Once he's buckled up and the door is closed, I continue on down the road.

"It's really funny to see you driving this car," he says. "You know, because it's so big and you're like, a midget."

"A midget?! I know I'm short but, wow, what a low blow."

"Aw, come on. You know it's all in good fun. Besides, it just makes you cuter."

I smile at him as I take a left turn, "First question I have for you: did you tell your mom that we're dating now?"

He shakes his head vigorously, "No, I don't think I will for a little while."

"Okay. I was just wondering because she waved at me and looked really happy to see me."

"She just really likes you, that's why," he explains. "Did you tell your parents?"

"Yeah, right," I answer sarcastically. "I think if I told them that you asked me when we were alone in the hotel last night..."

"Yeah, I see what you're getting at. Good call."

We finally reach our destination, which I had predetermined to be a children's playground that lies near this brilliant forest. It's a million shades of beautiful greens and seems profuse, awakening the adventurous part of me. The two of us exit my car, slam the doors behind us, and walk over towards a wide opening to the forest.

As we enter the trees, the opening narrows and the leaves begin to intersect, several feet above our heads. A clear dirt path stretches far before us, winding and turning and descending into unknown and undiscovered grounds. Side by side, we begin our journey through it.

"You know," I begin as dry leaves crunch beneath our feet. "You never gave me a 'hello' kiss."

Dylan looks a bit surprised, "I forgot I can do that now."

I laugh, "Well, now that you remember..."

He takes the cue and stops me from walking further. He turns me to face him and gives a cute little grin before bending down and placing a sweet kiss right onto my lips.

I smile up at him, "Just remember: you can do that all the time now."

"Whenever I want?"

"Whenever you want. Within reason, of course."

"But... What happens if I kiss you at a bad time?"

"Remember what I told you about worrying too much?", I laugh lightly. "You have good judgement, okay? I don't think you'll ever kiss me at a bad time."

He grins again now, "I'll definitely remember that. And take advantage of it."

"I look forward to it."

We continue walking along the path as it twists this way and that, careful not to trip on random branches or rocks or thorny vines. Lots of birds chirp and sing in the distance as I begin to question him.

"So, my questions..."

"Oh," he says, still seeming a little worried. "Yeah, your questions... what are they?"

"First thing, did you plan when you were going to ask me to be your girlfriend?"

Dylan looks surprised for a second, "Uh, no. Not at all, actually, it was a spur of the moment thing. Kind of like a gut instinct. Actually, you know what it was that really made me do it when I did?"

I shake my head, interested in the answer.

"Okay, well, first of all it's probably been obvious, but whenever I am with you I just have always thought 'I can't wait until she's my girlfriend', but anyway..."

Dear God, he is the best person ever. I can't even, what the--

"When you were singing, something inside me just went off, like I couldn't take another day not making you... mine. Also looking at you, you know, because you're pretty but also you were that different kind of pretty last night."

"You are the sweetest person ever," I tell him with a wide smile, leaning into him briefly. "You know, I almost asked you out myself because I wanted you to be my boyfriend so badly."

"Did you really?"

"Yeah," I say with a laugh. "But you beat me to it! And I'm glad you did."

"Me too," he smiles easily.

We continue walking down the path and, behind us, the opening is no longer visible. After a few minutes of silent walking, Dylan slowly takes my hand into his, our fingers intertwining perfectly. Our fingers lock and I smile up at him.

"This is okay?", he asks quietly.

"More than okay."

After a good thirty minutes of adventuring deep into the verdant forest of trees and subsequently finding our way back, we're back at the playground. The silver chains of the swings creak as the two of us sway back and forth minimally.

Just then, my phone begins to play sound and vibrate simultaneously. Pulling it out of my pants pocket, I see that it's... Adrian? This should be interesting.

"Hello?", I query after putting the phone to my ear.

"Anita!", his cheerful voice sounds through the speaker. "How you doin' this fine day?"

"Um, pretty well, thanks. What's up?"

"It's my birthday next Saturday, sooo I want you to come to my birthday party. At my house."

"Oh, totally! Is it a big party, because I don't know how I feel about big parties."

"Nah, not at all. It's nothing like Cassie and Ivy's party, if that's what you're worrying about," he says with a chuckle. "Just my ten closest friends, hanging out and having a good time."

"Awesome, sounds like fun. Count me in, for sure."

"That's what I'm talking about! Alright, I'll text you my address and all that good stuff later. Hope you're having a good weekend."

"I am! Hope you are too. But not too good, if you know what I mean."

He laughs, "No such thing as 'too good', girl."

"If you say so," I laugh back. "See you later!"

"Who was that?", Dylan asks from the swing beside me.

"Adrian. He's such a weird-o."

"Can't argue that. What was he calling about?"

"He was inviting--"

Before I'm able to finish my sentence, I'm cut off by the sound of Dylan's phone ringing. He pulls it out of his pants pocket and smirks at the screen before turning it towards me to show who's calling: Adrian.

I laugh a little just as he answers the phone, and all I hear is his side of the conversation. It's enough for me to confirm my suspicions that Adrian is calling him for the same reason he called me. When he hangs up the phone, he grins over at me.

"I got invited, too," he says.

"It's kind of amusing that he called each of us separately."

"Would you expect him to assume that we're together?"

I shrug, "Kinda. We're together pretty often."

"Yeah, but we're the only ones who really know that."

"Good point."

"...Can I ask you a question?", Dylan looks at me with uncertainty and curiosity, his eyebrows lowered and his mouth in a straight line.

"Always," I tell him tentatively. I have no idea what's on his mind, but based on his tone and facial expression, I'm sure it'll be interesting.

"Since we're dating now... that means you like me, right?"

Because of the entirely serious face and attitude he has about this whole thing, I try incredibly hard not to laugh. It's just that the question is so ridiculous, to me anyway, that it's difficult for me to take it seriously.

I nod, "Of course, I mean... Shouldn't that be obvious?"

"I guess so. I guess I don't really understand why you like me."

I stare at him for a moment and at my silence, he looks at me.

"Dylan, there are seriously so many things to like about you, it's unbelievable. And so far, the only thing I don't like about you is that you don't just live with me, but, you know... Look, one day I will write down in detail for you the various and countless things I love about you. For now, though, just know that you're the one person in the world who makes me want to stay in it."

As soon as the words leave my mouth I begin to think about exactly what I'd just said. It's true, it's all true. This boy I've known for three months has somehow and inexplicably come to possess the ability to change my mood in a matter of seconds, simply by being himself.

It's rather mind-boggling to think about the power he has over me and my emotions. Whenever I'm around him I'm happy, and when I'm not, it feels like a big part of me is missing. I don't know how this has happened, but... I think I love him. I love Dylan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 1.1K 46
The drama never ends. Taking forward the show "One Tree Hill", let's see what happens to their kids. Hey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
18.7K 293 30
no mountain, nor sea, no thing of this world could keep us apart, because this is not my world... you are bella stone is the girl who loves doing s...
16.3K 715 22
This is a Percy Jackson OC insert. All rights to the Percy Jackson series go to Uncle Rick The cover art belongs to Joshua Johnson. Garden didn't re...
304K 6.3K 200
Jess is offered the opportunity of a lifetime to photograph Greta Van Fleet on their upcoming tour but is blindsided by how quickly one can fall in l...