Don't Judge a Book by its Cov...

By raquel104

[UNDER EDITING] Meggie and her friends are average high school students, hanging out, studying oh-so-hard (no... More

Mom! I gave her cooties!
Robert Hooke
Not the tickle monster
Don't lick the spoon
The Mystery Saga- Part one
Gravity hates you
Assertive
The Mystery Saga- Part two
Taste the rainbow
TIMBERRR!!!!
Play Horses
Rocks Don't Freeze
The Mystery Saga- Part three
You don't look like an ice cream
Blonde Barbie Doll
Spitballing
Wannabe Gangsters
Fake Eyes are all the Rage
The Mystery Saga- Part 4
Yes Sir
Don't judge a Book by its Cover
Cry on me
Right is right
I need Scissors!
Make some noise
Oh, hush
Feed the Ducks
Amazing

Epilogue

234 5 2
By raquel104

Mikelah POV:

I made my way into Mervyn's room. "The twins are asleep now." I said. "I just fed them and put them down for the night."

Meggie snapped her notebook shut before I could see what was in it. "Thank God." she breathed. "Mik, I love you, and I love those kids, but they can scream down the whole house."

"Yeah!" Mel agreed, from where she was sitting... where was she sitting, anyway? I looked around the room and saw her perched on top of the closet. Mel was seven now, and we were starting to see a little lady emerging from the little girl. 

I focused my attention down to Mervyn, and the gigantic suitcase he had open on the floor. "I think that's everything." he announced, and shifted his position so he could look at me and Meggie at the same time. 

"Are you sure you're not forgetting something?" I asked, and picked up his paintbrush set that was sitting comfortably on the desk in front of him.

All three of us laughed. "They're gonna love you in the Big Apple, Mervyn." Meggie teased. 

"Why is it even called that?" Mervyn wondered.

"I wish you didn't have to go." I sighed.

"Me too." Mel agreed. She was rather in the habit of agreeing with whatever we said when she got to hang out with 'the big kids'.

Mervyn gave me a sad smile. "New York has some of the best art schools in the world. I'm lucky they accepted me." He got up to give me a kiss. "And don't worry, I'll be right back here once I have my degree." 

"Promise?" Mel asked. Mervyn grinned up at her, and lifted her down from her perch. He tossed her onto the bed like a sack of potatoes, barely missing Meggie.

"Hey! Watch what you're doing!" she protested. Mel only giggled.

"I promise." Mervyn said, to Mel, and then he turned to me. "I promise." he repeated.

There was something in his eyes, just something intense and smouldering. It made me blush, and Meggie certainly noticed it too. She got up and tugged Mel off the bed. "Well, I think it's about time we gave these two some privacy."

On her way out, she whispered something to Mervyn, and pressed something into his hand. His ears turned pink.

We both looked at the door for a few seconds after it closed. Then I leaned forward into his arms. "I'm going to miss you." I whispered, trying to keep the tears at bay and breathing in his scent.

"I know. I know. I'm going to miss you too." He pulled away, forcing me to sit back up, and took both of my hands. "I love you, you know that, right?"

"Yes, I know that."

"Do you know why?"

"Huh?" 

He pulled me to my feet, and took me to stand in front of his long mirror. "Do you see those eyes?" he asked, standing behind me and making me look at myself. "Those eyes are the eyes that care, that look out for your friends. And that mouth? It's a smile. For all the little freshies that look up to you. You make me believe that a God exists, for every single day that you just breathe. And even though things have been hard for you, it all works out in the end. So you know what? I'm going to come back for you. And I'm going to give you a little bit more than a promise."

I turned to look at him, and he was down on one knee. 

"Mikelah Grace, will you marry me?"

The tears came then, and I threw my arms around his neck. 

"Yes."

******************************

Meggie POV:

I swear to God, I'm not making this stuff up. It's been a really crazy year, and I think I'm ready for things to settle down. A lot can happen in such a short space of  time. I can't believe Mervyn is really engaged. But anyway, I can't spend my whole life sitting here writing this letter, can I? Now you know what's been going on in my life, and I think it's quite enough to keep you occupied for a while. I have to go train now. Big gymnastics competition coming up. So I'll talk to you later, Mom. Bye.

Love, 

Meggie.

It's done! My first ever finished story on Wattpad, and I love it! What do you think? I really hope you love it as much as I do. 

I intend to write a sequel sometime, but not right now. For now, this is it. It's over, and they're happy, and everything's right in the world. ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92K 2.5K 47
Carmela had the perfect friends, the perfect school, the dream life. She was the girl everyone wanted to be and the girl every guy wanted to have. Un...
70 2 13
One second I'm sleeping, in the next instant I'm running down the hall searching for safety. It's honestly unbelievable how everything can turn...
13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...