Mom! I gave her cooties!

An adorable 5 year-old girl and an equally adorable 5 year-old boy sat at a beautifully set table, swinging their legs because their feet couldn't touch the ground. The girl tugged at her dress, wondering why they had to wear such uncomfortable clothes just because somebody was getting married. The boy stared at the girl, wondering if there was any truth to the idea of cooties. But he had been friends with her forever, and he didn't think he had ever gotten cooties.

He smiled and waved as his mom approached their table. "Hi honey," she said to him, "Mervyn, Margaret, why don't you dance with each other?" They both nodded meekly and stood up, though the boy had to help the girl get off the chair. They were somewhat forced to the middle of the floor, where they held hands and spun around for the better part of two song, till they were both dizzy. Of course, their dance was captured on film and camera by proud parents and other guests who just couldn't resist.

"Miss Mervyn's mommy, can we sit down now again?" The girl asked.

"Sure, but first, smile and wave for a picture!" the boy's mother said in her lovely trilling voice.

They ended up taking about 10 pictures, and were only rescued by their complaints of sore feet. Right before they were sent back to their seats, the boy decided to do something once and for all about the cooties. He swung her round like he saw people do in movies and kissed her, square on the lips. His mother was speechless for a second, and then laughed. Children were so funny.

The boy led the girl back to her seat, helped her up again, and then took his seat and they started to chatter like normal little kids. But after about 15 minutes, the girl turned pale, and then collapsed, falling right out of her chair. The boy jumped out of his seat and ran to the table where his family was.

"Mom!" he yelled, "I gave her cooties!"