MCU Imagines

By blackwidowisbae

A collection of one-shots staring you with various superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe More

I Only Wanna Talk to You (Bucky/Reader)
Can't Help Falling in Love (Loki/Reader)
As Time Goes By (Steve/Reader)
City of Stars (Natasha Romanoff/Reader)
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Loki/Fem!Reader)
Lost In the Moment (Steve/Reader)
Gasoline (Bucky/Reader)
Don't Fear the Reaper (Bucky/Fem!Reader)

Thunder (ThorxReader)

422 2 3
By blackwidowisbae

Dating a Norse god had its positives and negatives. Sometimes the negatives were overwhelming, such as when Thor had to leave you for weeks at a time to attend to Asgardian politics with his father. Thor had been absent from the Avengers tower for over a month at this point. Not that you didn't love your teammates, but you missed Thor.

You had joined the Avenger about 6 months after the Battle of New York. You had been trying to keep the streets of Chicago clean after your incident. Lighting had struck your apartment building causing a power surge; you had been plugging in your computer when it happened. You woke up almost an hour later with the ability to control electricity.

You still don't know how SHIELD had gotten word of your work, but they did. Nick Fury had shown up at your apartment one day, asking if you had ever thought of increasing the scale of your operations. You had disagreed at first, you loved the life you had made for yourself in Chicago, even if none of your friends knew that after you finished grading your student's papers, you were out fighting would be rapists, robbers, and the other scum of your city.

Nick Fury showed up at your apartment a week later, this time with Thor in tow. He had figured that if you talked to Thor, someone who had similar powers to yours, you would be more convinced. You and Thor had talked for close to 2 hours when you finally agreed. That's when you realized there was more to the god of thunder than what the news showed. He was brilliant, compassionate, and funny as well as powerful and handsome.

You had fit in with the Avengers rather well. The only one you had been slightly hesitant about at the start was Natasha, but both of you became fast friends as you were the only women on the team. Tony had also become a fast friend of yours. The billionaire was his own breed, but you wouldn't have it any other way. You fought often, but the fights were always over something stupid and it was always resolved in a matter of minutes.

Thor was always coming and going, but it seemed as though whenever he was residing at the tower, he spent a majority of his time with you; be it working on your powers or just watching a movie. You appreciated the god spending so much time with you, as he was the one you first met and the one you felt closest to. But soon, it turned in to something else; you realized that you were falling for him.

Falling for one of your teammates was bad enough. But the fact that he was immortal and obviously wouldn't look at you twice, was so much worse. You tried to will the feelings away so many times, it helped that he was absent from the tower so often, but then he would come back and you would fall for him all over again.

The thing was, Thor liked you too. He knew you liked him, being alive for millennia gave you intuition about things like that. He had finally decided to do something about both his and your pining after months of you dancing around each other.

Out-of-the-blue, Thor invited you to spar with him. You weren't the best with sparing, as you didn't have any training before you had gotten your powers. You typically relied on your powers, but you had learned enough to be able to defend yourself if you couldn't use electricity. You didn't typically spar with Thor, he was much bigger and stronger than you, which increased your chance of getting injured. But, you accepted that day, wanting to spend time with the god before he had to leave for Asgard again.

Thor had pinned you against the floor at one point during the sparring, but he hadn't gotten off after you called defeat. He had stayed on top of you, straddling your legs. His pupils had dilated slightly and the next thing you knew, you were making out with the Crown Prince of Asgard.

That was one of the pluses of dating Thor. Along with being the god of thunder, you learned that he was also the god of fertility and he deserved that title just as much. But even that didn't override how you felt when he left for weeks, or even months at a time.

You and Tony were having your usually evening spat over a bottle of Scotch when an unnaturally loud roar of thunder had shaken the tower. You look up to the ceiling, smiling slightly, Thor was finally back.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" Tony waves his hand in front of your face. You had drifted off in the middle of a snarky comment about his choice of alcohol.

"I think I might have to cut our fight short." You stand up, downing what was left of your drink, "Because if I'm not mistaken, our in-house god is back." As if on cue, the elevator doors open and Thor steps into the living room.

As soon as he sees you, a grin forms on his face. He drops his hammer as you walk over to him. You can vaguely hear Tony complaining about the two of you, but that was not what you were focused on. When you reached Thor, he raised a calloused hand to trace your jawline before bringing you towards him for a kiss.

When you finally pulled away to breathe, Thor spoke, his baritone voice sending shivers down your spine, "Hello, my love." He places his forehead against yours, "I have some news that you will be happy to hear."

You smile slightly, looking into his blue eyes. You reach down for his hand, "Well, don't leave me hanging."

"Father has allowed me to invite you to Asgard. There is a grand feast in a day's time to celebrate the yearly harvest. I thought you might wish to attend." Thor pulls back his head, looking at you with love in his eyes. He knew you had always wanted to go to Asgard, but he had to get permission from his father to allow you there. He had been trying since the day you expressed interest in going and had only now convinced his father to allow it.

"I think I'd have to be crazy not to accept an invitation from the Crown Prince of Asgard." You were hiding your level of excitement. You didn't want to give Tony something he could hold over you, he already had enough things to as it was.

"Well then, we shall leave in the morning." Thor raises your hand to his lips, pressing a kiss to the back of it. He looked past you to see Tony sitting on the couch, watching the two of you with a raised eyebrow, "I hope you have not gotten (Y/N) into trouble while I was gone."

"Me? Point Break, I'm offended that you would even suggest such a thing." Tony looks mildly offended but then drops the act after he takes another drink from his glass, "No, we didn't do anything. I wanted to prank Barton, but I was told I wasn't allowed to." He gives you a pointed look before continuing, "Go to your floor lovebirds, I don't need live entertainment tonight."

You stifle a laugh before grabbing Thor's hand once again, "Come on, I think we need some time to get reacquainted before we leave tomorrow." You ignore Tony's sputter as you lead the god to the elevator.

He picks up his hammer and steps in after you, "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea." The doors close and he pushes you into the wall, kissing you roughly. You weren't going to be getting much sleep tonight, you knew that for sure.

You had never seen anything like Asgard. Everything was beautiful; from the golden palace that you were staying at to the cobblestone streets that lined the city, not one thing was out of place. Although, the second you arrived, you felt as though you were out of place. Thor had put those thoughts out of your mind the second he was able to tell you were thinking them;

"You are the most beautiful thing here. You are worthy of this; my people, on the other hand, are not worthy to see you."

Thor had taken you to the palace straight away. You met his father, Odin, and his mother, Frigga. Both were kind towards you and you could see both of them in Thor. You had made an offhanded remark about Loki, hoping that there would be no way you would interact with the god who had wanted to take over your world, and you were reassured that he was locked away.

You were then lead away by a group of servants, who had been instructed to prepare you for the banquet. You had never been through anything quite like what they did and you weren't sure if you wanted to experience it again, but by the time they had finished all their preening and had dressed you, you had never felt more attractive.

The servants had dismissed themselves from the room, leaving you to look around. It was a large chamber with a balcony overlooking the gardens below. The room had an overarching color of gold running throughout as to match the palace itself. There was a king-size bed pushed against one wall with fur blankets thrown across. There was a dresser with various perfumes and colognes on top and a bookcase next to it. You had opened one of the books, but were unable to read it; it was written in what you assumed to be Nordic Runes.

You were about to open one of the drawers in the dresser, curious to see if there was anything in them when there was a knock at your door. You strode over, opening the large, heavy door to reveal Thor.

His hair was down, but it had intricate braids running throughout and his beard had been trimmed. He was wearing what looked to be ceremonial armor with Mjolnir attached to his belt. When your eyes reached his face again, you realized that he seemed to be doing the same thing to you.

A few seconds later, Thor speaks, offering an arm for you to hold onto, "You look beautiful, (Y/N). Asgard has never known such beauty before." He leans down to capture your lips in a kiss as you were putting your arm through his.

You blush, not knowing what to say in return to such a statement. You decide that thank you would have to suffice.

Thor smiles at you, his eyes sparkling, as he leads you away from your chambers towards the banquet hall. You were growing nervous and by the time you reached the doorway, you were beside yourself. You had never done anything like this before and you were being introduced to literal gods. It didn't help that you were dating their future king and that you were a mortal.

Thor senses your worry; you tend to fidget when you start to get anxious, "I am here with you, (Y/N). Do not fret, all will be well. My people already know much about you, as I do tend to talk about you often. They are eager to meet you." He cups your cheeks and leans down to kiss you softly. He pulls back slightly, looking you in the eyes, "If we need to leave early, just say the words and I will have us in my chambers in no time."

You let out a breath that you didn't know you had been holding in as you nod. Thor was right, you had him and as long as you had him, everything would be alright. Thor takes your nod as consent, so he leads you into the banquet hall. The chatter dies down a bit as everyone notices your and Thor's arrival, but it quick to pick back up again. Thor leads you to the head table, where his family and friends were situated. Soon, you felt just as comfortable as you did at the tower, jesting with Fandral as you would with Tony and sharing looks with Frigga and Sif and you would Natasha.

The feast passes by rather quickly. The food was some of the best you had ever had, even though you didn't know the names of half of the things you were eating. The alcohol was flowing freely, which you were happy to take advantage of. You had never tried mead before and you were happy to say you would try it again; although you were sure that human mead wouldn't even compare.

The dancing had started soon after the feast ended. You were not much of a dancer, you had never been, so you were happy to observe the Asgardians as they danced and laughed and overall had a good time.

Soon, your table was empty; the only people still there being you and Thor. The boys had wandered off a while ago in search of a partner for the evening. Sif had been invited to dance by another man and had accepted. Odin and Frigga had bid everyone good night, they enjoyed the feast, but the festivities were turning more towards the younger Asgardians.

Thor was watching you observe the dancers when he stood. His movement grabbed your attention, so you turned to look at him, only to be met with an outstretched hand and a mischievous grin, "May I have this dance?"

You snort slightly, ready to decline in favor of watching but when you look at Thor's expectant face; The god wanted to dance and help you integrate with his people and who would you be if you ruined his excitement. You stand up, taking his hand, "You're lucky I love you."

Thor grasps your hand, leading you to the dancers with a large smile on his face, "Indeed I am. If you did not, this would be rather awkward." You shake your head in amusement as you reach the dance floor. That's when you realized that you had no idea what kind of dancing the others were doing. Thor draws your attention away from the others as he speaks again, "Just follow my lead, my love, and everything will be fine."

You do as Thor says, letting him lead you in the various dances. The banquet was still in full swing by the time you were growing tired, but as Thor had said earlier, if you wanted to go, you only had to say.

Thor had gotten the both of you out of the hall with no problem and now you were both in his chambers. It was not much different than the room you had been in before, although it was obviously lived in. There were books and papers scattered on a desk and weapons leaning against the walls.

Thor handed you the small bag you had brought, filled with clothing and necessities. You changed into your pajamas and brushed your teeth in the grand bathroom. By the time you were finished, Thor was just getting out of his armor. He threw on a simple tunic as you climbed into the ginormous bed, watching him.

He joined you rather soon after and you both got under the covers, getting comfortable. Thor was spooning you, his arms wrapped around your waist. Your back was pressed against his firm chest and your legs were tangled together.

Thor presses a kiss to the top of your head, "I hope Asgard has lived up to your expectations."

"I think it passed my expectations within 3 seconds of my being here," You reply, a slight smile on your face. You were growing tired and it also didn't hurt that this bed felt like a cloud, although knowing Asgard, it might be.

Thor pulls you somehow even closer to him, burying his nose in your hair, breathing in your scent, "I am glad you came. I know you have wanted to see my home since we met. I was worried that you would be disappointed."

You turn your body around, wanting to face the god of thunder, "I couldn't be disappointed. You talk of here with so much fondness and love, that even if I hated it, I wouldn't be able to because you love it so much."

"Thank you," He mumbles. You watch as his eyes slip closed, "You are too good for me."

"I would've said it was the other way around."

Thor chuckles, opening one of his eyes to look at you, "Sleep, my love. I have much I want to show you tomorrow." You nod, even though Thor's eyes had already closed again by the time you did so.

A few minutes pass and you were close to falling asleep, but you had one more thing to say;

"Thor?"

"Hmm?" His eyes open slightly, he looked tired, so you wouldn't keep him awake for much longer.

"I love you."

"And I you."

You were asleep soon after, dreaming of the wonders the Asgard held with Thor by your side to show you them all.

I kissed you

the moment the lighting

struck.

I wanted to know,

with bright certainty,

that for the rest

of your life

every time you heard

thunder,

you would taste

my lips.

-Tyler Knott Gregson-

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel. If I did, Avengers 4 would already be out.

Title inspired by the song Thunder by Imagine Dragons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 45 14
A collection of my one-shots (mostly Loki) that I write when I should be sleeping. Most of them are mature because the more tired I am, the more sick...
682 4 6
Just a bunch of oneshots with many characters from all of Marvel. I hope you all read and enjoy my first book.
1.5M 24.7K 138
a little collection of oneshots about - ↳ tom holland ↳ sebastian stan ↳ chris evans ↳ peter parker ↳ bucky barnes and ↳ steve rogers i hope u e...