Wonder of My World [TodoDeku...

By meli2cm

[IN BETA READING PROCESS: Anyone who want to help is highly appreciated!:D] Izuku is a lonely mage living in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 [Midoriya]
Chapter 2 [Midoriya]
Chapter 3 [Midoriya]
Chapter 5 [Todoroki]
Chapter 5 [Midoriya]
Chapter 6 [Todoroki]
Chapter 7 [Midoriya]
Chapter 8 [Midoriya]

Chapter 4 [Todoroki]

258 6 4
By meli2cm

Todoroki P.o.V

Our kind wasn't that many in number. We tend to hide and keep our presence low. It wasn't like we are weak or afraid. It was the total opposite. As a werewolf pack, we were even a lot stronger than the usual human mage. We could even fight on the same level as the legendary One for All mage in the night of full moon.

We used to live side by side with the human. But it was always in human blood to kill whatever felt like a threat to them.

And to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed, we chose to stay away from human.

Now, to human, werewolf was only one of their bedtime story. One that scares children to sleep. I particularly didn't care what they said about us so long they didn't disturb our peace.

I walked around a bit more to make sure that the area where our pack stayed, for now, was safe. It was part of my night round. Better to be safe rather than regretting it later.

"Todo sama."

My ears perked up hearing one of the hunters in our pack called out to me. I turned around just to see a jet black wolf, Yaoyorozu.

"Is something wrong, Yaoyorozu?" I asked her. It was unusual to see her at this hour. The hunter should be out hunting right around this hour of the night.

She shook her head. "No, nothing is wrong, Todo sama. Both Kaminari and Tokoyami are out leading the hunting tonight."

I looked at her for another minute. A silent question shared between us.

Why was she here now then?

I heard her sigh. Yaoyorozu asked for a permission to walk with me on my round. The moment I let her, she walked quietly beside me.

We didn't talk at all until after we were at the further side of our territory.

"Todo sama, actually Aizawa sama said something this evening," she started.

"Another prophecy?" I urged her to continue. Sometimes her random hesitation like this ticked me off.

"Yeah."

My stare at her became more intense when she didn't immediately tell me what the prophecy was. How long did she want to prolong this talk?

"I will ask Aizawa elder after this," I said after seeing that she wouldn't tell me. "Thank you, Yaoyorozu. You can go back with the other hunter."

She bowed her head before leaping to the forest. Her jet black hair danced with the night breeze. That was tempting, to just leap into the darkness of the forest and pursue our prey. But that had to wait. The thing that Yaoyorozu had told me just now was bugging my mind. I wouldn't be able to focus on hunting with this kind of mindset.

"Hopefully elder Aizawa isn't seeping," I mumbled remembering how hard it was to wake the elder werewolf.

I walked back toward our territory, some children werewolves were playing with each other while older werewolves were bustling here and there with their own business. Some stopped their activities when they saw me passed and bowed to me. It was hard to imagine this kind of peaceful atmosphere around 10 years ago when the All for One priest lead human to attack us and started the werewolf hunting period in human history. Endeavor, my father, was the one leading the pack at that time. He was about to start a full-scale attack on human, but thankfully a One for All Mage was there to stop him and negotiate with our pack to stop unnecessary bloodshed with human from a war. Good thing the pack agreed with the negotiation, though I personally knew my old man wasn't that happy with our decision at that time.

When my father died 2 years ago and let me be the Alpha of the pack, I was kinda relieve. At least, for now, I could keep the peace and safety of my pack, even though that meant that I would lose the freedom I used to have.

My eyes roamed the scenery of our territory. Although my old man agreed to not interfere with the human anymore but he still prepared all the werewolves like we were going to a war. I stopped that kind of preparation immediately after I became the Alpha of the pack.

I walked toward a black tent located at far east part of the territory where elder Aizawa's place were.

"Excuse me, is Elder Aizawa here?" I asked as I walked inside the tent. A sleepy looking jet black wolf slept at the far corner of the room. Looking closely the wolf wasn't really sleeping as he growled and walked toward me lazily.

"What are you doing here, Todoroki?" he asked me. I tried to hold back the sigh I was about to let out.

"Yaoyorozu told me that there was a new prophecy," I told him.

He yawned and then nodded his head. "Yeah."

I growled in my throat, both of them were testing my patience here. "What's the prophecy about?"

Elder aizawa's jet black eyes glared at me for a moment before it turned bloody red. "Are you sure you want to hear it, Todoroki? Sometime ignorance can be better rather than peeking into ones fate..."

The atmosphere of the room suddenly became thicker than before. It wasn't the first time I listened to elder Aizawa's prophecy, but somehow I knew that this was different than usual. That this very prophecy would change the path of fate that I was walking now.

I gulped. But deep down, my instinct told me that I would regret it my whole life if I let this chance slip.

I nodded my head. Determination filled my voice. "Yes."

In the midst of the heavy atmosphere I was about to miss the sad smile on elder Aizawa's face. But before I could ask him, the moon's magic filled the room.

"When the darkness filled the air,
The blood of the child of light will make everything fair.
The claw of fire and ice will break the chain of fate,
But to save what matter the most will be too late."

Elder Aizawa fell silent after the last word were out of his mouth. The latter part of the prophecy kept repeating in my mind.

"Fire and ice..."

"Not everything is all it seem, Todoroki," Elder Aizawa said. "Especially a prophecy. It can mean anything so don't let the it be your shackle."

"I know," I replied to him. "Thank you, Elder Aizawa. I'm sorry for disturbing your rest.

He walked back toward his spot and curled back to sleep. It was my cue to leave the room.

I let the moon magic slipped into my body. My body felt like feather and I leaped into the sky. The night breeze caressed my face, my dual colored fur bathed under the moon light. I kept running and jumping from one tree to the other until I arrived at my hiding spot.

It was my safe spot from my abusive and ambitious old man in the old day. Everything was in the past already, but the memory lingered. This was the place that I would always come to when I needed to sort things out.

And I really needed it now.

I let more moon magic slipped into my body, enough to shift into a human shape. It wasn't like I hate my wolf form. It was my pride, our pride as werewolf tribe. But my human shape hold a special place in my heart.

"You are a monster, Shouto."

My body jolted and I immediately suppressed that memory back into the deepest part of my mind. I didn't need anymore thing to trouble me now. That thing, could be settle one day. But not now.

I walked to the edge of the cliff and let both of my legs hung. My wolf's ears and tail were still there. The moon magic tonight wasn't powerful enough to shift into full human form. But this was enough to calm me down.

As the only one in the tribe with dual nature's magic. I could almost be positive that that prophecy was for me.

Remembering the last part of the prophecy once again made me shudder.

Nothing matter to me anymore in this world since that day...

What would happen from now on?

A.N.

Hey, guys!!
I'm really sorry for the late update... I tried yesterday but I don't have the internet connection and the time to do it...:'D

So, what do you think of Todoroki's point of view? Anyone confuse with how the werewolf work in my story?? So instead of human with the ability to become wolf, the werewolf here is a wolf with more powerful magic than normal wolf and able to shift into human form...

Will be happy to get any feedback. And I'm currently working with the cover for this story...><

So see you guys next Saturday!!:D
-Meli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 2 11
All of Izuku Midoriya's Life, he has wanted nothing more to become a hero just like his Idol, Allmight! Getting a Quirk from Allmight made it so he c...
216K 6K 68
A Todobakudeku story ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "W-what do I h-have to do?"he asked "You'll be our personal little maid"I said and his eyes widened "you will not...
10.1K 332 11
!! FIRST STORY WARNING !! 💙Records:💙 #13 in KatsuDeku (EEEEEEEEE!!!) #168 in '#fairytale' (out of 17.5K!) 🌟'"T-take me.... Instead..." Izuku told...
39.9K 1.1K 18
"... Ka.. cchan..?" "Yes.. That's right, De- Izuku.." It was unfamiliar to him. Or was it? He does not recall such name. But he can say it in such e...