It's Gotta Be You

By 1Directioner13

Gracie Dixon has been spending the two years working on her career as a singer. With her debut album about to... More

Synopsis
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-

-37-

2.5K 29 2
By 1Directioner13

"We are here with Louis and Liam of One Direction, as well as the lovely Gracie Dixon, on 98.4" Greg, the radio host said.

We all smiled at him.

"So you're on your, you guys are clearly used to it, but Gracie, how is the experience treating you?"

"It's been such a great experience. I've learned so much, and I hope one day I can headline my own tour sometime"

"Now your album was released last week, how's that feel?"

"I still can't believe that this is my reality. It feels like yesterday that I was recording all these songs, but here I am getting to perform them. It's unreal"

"What about you guys, how is this tour treating you?"

"This tour is great and we've gotten to perform for the best fans out there; nothing can be better than this" Louis said.

Things had been easier with Liam and Niall, but still a bit tense. At least we were able to carry on conversations without going at each others throat. 

"We are going to take a quick break, but when we return, we will be back with Louis, Liam, and Gracie. Until then, here's the the latest from Maroon 5" he took his headphones off "It really is great having you guys on the show"

"We're glad to be here" Liam said.

I took a drink of my water and saw Liam smiling at me. 

After about ten more minutes of songs, we got back to the interview"

"You just performed in Austin, but you have a concert tonight in Dallas; are you looking forward to it?"

"Yes, we love it here; it's been the hottest place so far, but some of the best food" Liam said with a  laugh.

Greg turned to me "Gracie, you're touring with five of the most wanted men in the music business; are you attracted to anyone in particular"

I felt a lump in my throat but forced a laugh "They are all extremely attractive, that is a given, and any one would be lucky to have them"

"Yeah, but do you like any of them?"

I smiled "If I did would I actually say so?"

"Fair enough, but if you wanted to date one; who would it be?"

"Well if we're playing the 'what if' game, I'll have to say that I don't know who I'd choose. They all have such great qualities, but at the end of the day, we're all just friends and I can't really picture myself in a relationship with any of them at this time"

Greg nodded "Alright, I get it"

He went on to ask Liam and Louis questions, while I just kind of blanked out. I hated questions like these. 

---

It was four in the afternoon, and the boys and I were at a magazine photo shoort for some teen magazine. 

I was getting my hair and makeup done, which seemed to take forever, because the makeup artist didn't seem to like working with my face.

The stylist had picked a loose fitting dress that seemed to almost match my style, but it was just so loose. 

I watched the boys during their photo session and smiled as they ran off from the white set up.

"Well you look nice" Louis said.

Honestly the whole look wasn't me, but it was what the magazine wanted, so I didn't have much of a choice. 

"Gracie, you're up" the photographer said. 

People from the magazine were looking at me and whispering as I walked in front of the camera.

I did a few shots that were all serious, before they had the guys return, wearing new clothes. I was taken back to get changed into a new outfit, which really was uncomfortable to wear. 

Hayden ran up to me, looking me over "This is so not you" she frowned "And it clashes with your hair"

"Are you having fun?"

She nodded "Yes, come watch the guys; they look so adorable"

"Go ahead without me"

"You sure?"

I nodded and leaned against the dressing room wall.

"I can't believe we're having to spend all this time trying to make that girl look presentable. She clearly looks miserable" a girl from the room said.

The other girl laughed "I know, basically seems like a diva in training"

"We only have to spend a few hours with her, but the real talent have to spend six months with her; I can't imagine how awful it is"

"And we're just trying to help her appearance, which she clearly needs. What kind of pop singer dresses like that?"

"I feel worse for the editor though; he's going to have to work so hard on her photos, and we'll probably get blamed for it; as if we didn't try"

I looked down at my appearance. Did I really look that bad?

Louis and Harry ran up to me and pulled me back on set.

"Your turn, love" Harry said.

I put on a fake smile and stood in front of the screen.

"Okay, give us a fun and flirty smile" the photographer said.

I forced a smile and the guys watched me. Liam looked concerned at my attitude. 

On the way back, everyone was talking about the shoot, while I was fearing how the magazine would make me look. 

---

After getting back to the hotel, I went straight to my room and closed the door. This wasn't the first photo shoot I had done, which made me curious. 

I pulled up pictures of my other magazine photos and realized that almost all of them had removed my freckles and made me look like someone else. 

Is this seriously how people want me to look like. I searched my name on Twitter and looked at all the comments being made about me. I was shocked. I've never searched my name before and for a first time experience it hurt like hell. 

I was reading things like "Why would five sex gods want to tour with an ugly girl like her, she's such a fat whore, people think she can sing? She sounds like a dying cat, look at the way she dresses it's so ugly, she's talentless, fat, ugly, pathetic" the list just went on and on. 

I felt somewhat confident about how I looked, but seeing all this, I didn't see beauty anymore. I just saw flaws. 

There was a knock at the door. I didn't want to see anyone right now. I put on my hoodie and pulled the top over my head and got my I-Pod out. 

Harry walked on it, like it was no big deal and closed the door behind him. 

"Get the ear buds out, something is bothering you and you're going to tell me" he said, sitting down. 

He looked down at my laptop  that still showed the comments "What the hell is this?" 

"This is how the world sees me" I muttered, watching as he looked at the photo shoot pictures 

"They got rid of your freckles. Why did they do that, and they made you look unhealthy" he said. 

I shrugged "Apparently they thought they were doing me a favor by making me look better" 

"Making you look better? Gracie don't freak out but you're hot!"

I scoffed. "Apparently not, I mean everyone seems to be saying the opposite" I said, going back to the comments.

"Don't tell me you searched yourself" he said, picking up the laptop and reading through "You know none of it's true"

"Then why are so many people saying the same things?" I asked. 

"Because they're ignorant and jealous of you" he said, keeping his eyes on the screen "You are not fat, so don't get any ideas" he said, glaring at the screen "And you sure as hell don't sound like a dying cat"  

He shut the laptop, angrily and looked at me.

"Please don't listen to any of it" he said. 

I looked down. That was easier said than done. 

"Look I know how you feel" 

"But you're the Harry Styles" I said, mockingly. 

"Yes and very sexy at that, but when we first performed 'What Makes You Beautiful' live I thought I completely messed up my solo at the end and it took forever to get over it. I even isolated myself and searched my name and read all this negative stuff" he said. 

"It just doesn't makes sense why people would say such hurtful things and not even know who we are" 

"I know. As I've said before, I always wanted to be that person who didn't care what other people thought, but I'm just not. Because fans are amazing they love us cause they love us, but haters don't know us and yet they still spread hate. The most we can do is rise from it and express the emotions in a positive way" he said, smiling at me. 

"Thanks, Harry"

"I know from experience how it is the first and well now, but we have to stay strong" 

I smiled "I don't know how you do it"

"It's a superpower you get with curls" he said. 

I laughed "Well I've got curls" 

"Yes, but not my curls" he said, patting my head. 

I pushed his arm away and pulled him in for a hug. 

He hugged back "See and they say divorce ruins people" 

"I completely forgot about all that" I said, continuing to laugh. 

"You do realize that since you're no longer my wife, you're Louis' right?"  

"I need to find a balcony to jump off" 

"Hurtful!" Someone shouted from the hallway. 

Harry and I burst into laughter, as Louis walked in with a pout on his face. 

"I know you're having a heart to heart with Harry, but you're such a mean wife!" he said, jumping on the bed, next to us. 

He picked up my laptop and looked at it confused "Is this what they did to you?" he asked. 

I lightly nodded. 

He laughed "They clearly don't know natural beauty when they see it" he said, hugging me. "Awe, Louis!"

"Does this mean the marriage is still on?" he asked. 

I laughed and nodded "Yes Louis, I will be your wife" 

"Ha! Suck it, Hazza! She doesn't complain!" Louis said, getting in Harry's face. 

"And why aren't you complaining about him?" Harry asked, defensively. 

"Because I'm better in bed" Louis said, winking.

I hit him on the back of his head. 

"Ow! Abusive much!" he said, holding his head. 

"Don't make me go back to Harry" 

Harry laughed "Clearly you just don't have the right touch"  

I started laughing. "You two are insane, but I love you" 

"Awe!" they both yelled and tackled me into a hug. 

These boys really have changed my life and I don't regret this tour one bit. They were some of my best friends and real friends at that. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 561 27
Ava goes to see One Direction on the Today Show, just so she can see them. She doesn't even really care if she talks to them or touches them. She jus...
9M 68.6K 51
Harry and Liberty were childhood sweethearts until Harry became part of a world famous boy band One Direction. His attitude for life changes complete...
6.2K 89 40
Hey my name is Gracie and I use too live in Wolverhampton,England and I use too date this amazing guy named Liam Payne we where so in love until I ha...
107K 1.6K 15
After The Kind Niall Helps Liam's Broken Heart In More Than One Way Liam Starts To Feel Different And Niall Notices It. But All They Both Have To Do...