The Bodyguard (A Monsta X Fan...

By seastarssaki

Inspired by the completion of the Bodyguard (An EXO Fanfiction), I have decided to make a similar story line... More

Chapter One: A Cover Up
Chapter Two: Coming Home
Chapter Three: First Time for Everything
Chapter Four: Person of Interest
Chapter Five: Fated Encounter
Chapter Six: Thanks for the Meal
Chapter Seven: Call Back
Chapter Eight: Moving In
Chapter Nine: First Day
Chapter Ten: A Day in the Life
Chapter Eleven: Pranks
Chapter Twelve: Vendetta
Chapter Thirteen: BBQ and Ideal Types
Chapter Fourteen: Let's Work Out
Chapter Fifteen: Vacation
Chapter Sixteen: Taking Flight
Chapter Seventeen: Paradise
Chapter Nineteen: Fins
Chapter Twenty: Party Time
Chapter Twenty One: Hoes in Different Area Codes
Chapter Twenty Two: Octopi and Coffee Dates
Chapter Twenty Three: About Last Night
Chapter Twenty Four: Sushi
Chapter Twenty Five: Stalker
Chapter Twenty Six: Think Again
Chapter Twenty Seven: It Doesn't Translate
Chapter Twenty Eight: Terms of Service
Chapter Twenty Nine: Hiding Place
Chapter Thirty: Kiss and Tell
Chapter Thirty One: Duel
Chapter Thirty Two: Leaving Paradise
Thirty Three: Coffee Prince
Chapter Thirty Four: Barriers
Chapter Thirty Five: Unknown Caller
Chapter Thirty Six: Walk of Shame
Chapter Thirty Seven: A Plan
Chapter Thirty Eight: Revenge
Chapter Thirty Nine: Club
Chapter Forty: See You Later
Chapter Forty One: London
Chapter Forty Two: Amsterdam
Chapter Forty Three: Madrid
Chapter Forty Four: Chicago
Chapter Forty Five: Newark
In Need of Inspiration
Chapter Forty Six: Dallas
Chapter Forty Seven: Spending the Night in Jail
Chapter Forty Eight: Coming Clean
Chapter Forty Nine: Fall Out
Chapter Fifty: Dinner and a Show
Chapter Fifty One: Choi's Anatomy
Chapter Fifty Two: Interview
Chapter Fifty Three: Wanderer
Chapter Fifty Four: Encore
Chapter Fifty Five: Fly Little Bird
Chapter Fifty Six: Scars
Chapter Fifty Seven: Useless Praise
Prologue: Home Again
Prologue 2: Where You Been?
Prologue 3: Back and I'm Better
Prologue Four: Lights Out
Wonho
Wonho 2
Hyungwon
Hyungwon 2
Changkyun
Changkyun 2
Changkyun 3
Shownu
Shownu 2
Kihyun
Kihyun 2
Minhyuk
New Story!!
Thanks for 50k!
A Sad Day For Monbebe

Chapter Eighteen: Beach Time

2.6K 114 38
By seastarssaki

Buckle in, this is a long one

_____________________________________________

I woke up facing the window to see the beautiful Hawaiian ocean view. I sat up in my bed, wanting to admire the view even more, when I saw Wonho standing by the window. He had opened the curtains to wake us all up.

"Rise and shine!" Wonho cheered.

I glanced over at the other bed to see Hyungwon and Shownu groaning at the sudden light.

"What time is it?" Hyungwon grunted, pulling the blanket over his head.

"9 am." Wonho smiled, "Way too late to be waking up in Hawaii!"

"I'm tired!" Hyungwon argued, "Ten more minutes..."

Shownu finally gave up, sitting up in his bed. He looked dazed, staring out in front of him as if he was contemplating the meaning of life.

"I want to go to the beach today!" Wonho exclaimed. "Who wouldn't want to swim in that beautiful water?"

"Me!" Hyungwon yelled, "I want to sleep!"

"Well, me and Jiyeon are going to the beach with or without you guys." Wonho taunted.

"Huh?" I turned my head in Wonho's direction.

'When did I agree to that?'

"Fine, I'll go." Hyungwon sighed.

"I'm going to put on my bathing suit." Wonho smiled, disappearing into the bathroom.

I got out of bed to go to the balcony. Our window overlooked the pool of the resort, and I could already see tourists already swimming.

'This place really is paradise...'

"It must have been great to go to college here." Shownu said, standing next to me. Now that the sun was up, the ocean seemed to glow under its rays.

"Yeah..." I agreed, but then I remembered that I was supposed to have gone to college here, "I mean, yes! It was amazing. I went swimming every day!"

I laughed, trying to compensate for my nervousness. I walked back into the hotel room just in time to see Wonho come out of the bathroom. He was wearing just his swimming trunks, his six pack on full view.

I blushed, Trying not to stare. I grabbed my bathing suit and hurried into the bathroom.

Once I was on my own and could breath freely. I stared at myself in the mirror.

'Come on, you weren't this nervous around him just a day ago. Why are you being like this?'

I washed my face and applied sunscreen before changing into my bathing suit.

"I'm not nervous, I'm just excited to go swimming!" I lied to my reflection.

I decided to wear a bathing suit that I had splurged on while in California. It was a bikini with metal heart details. I was going to get a hell of a tan line, but it was super cute so it would be worth it.

Once I was dressed in my bikini, I put on an oversized t-shirt as a cover up and emerged from the bathroom. Shownu and Hyungwon had already put their swimming trunks while I was in the bathroom. 

"Ready?" Wonho asked, smiling from ear to ear. The other guys had put on t-shirt as coverups, except for him.

"Yeah." I smiled, trying to look anywhere but at his abs.

Jooheon, Minhyuk, Kihyun, and Changkyun met us in the hallway. They were already in their bathing suits, Minhyuk holding onto a floatie.

"Let's go!" Minhyuk cheered once we opened the door, skipping down the hallway towards the elevator. Wonho skipped after him while the rest of the guys and I just followed slowly.

"They always get so excited about things..." Hyungwon sighed, still tired. He was clearly annoyed that he had to wake up so early.

"It's cute." I smiled, still a little tired myself.

Hyungwon looked down at me, confused, "Cute? I don't know about that, maybe annoying."

We stopped in front of the elevators.

"I think you should let loose a little more." I smiled at Hyungwon, elbowing him playfully, "You don't know what you're missing out on!"

Hyungwon stared down at me for a moment before I walked into the elevator. All eight of us crammed in.

"I'm excited to collect some sea shells." Jooheon said, "I've always wanted to have, like, a jar full of them."

"I want to see some dolphins!" Minhyuk said, "I've heard they can be really friendly."

I had seen my fair share of dolphins while in California. But I hadn't been so lucky as to interact with one. Dolphins have been known to be playful with swimmers. I had a fantasy of riding one into the sunset. Hopefully that would happen today.

"What about seals?" Jooheon added, "They're like the dogs of the ocean."

The elevator stopped at the third floor and let on two girls. They were thin, attractive, females that eyed the guys as soon as they saw the elevator doors open. They spotted me and scoffed before getting in.

'Rude.' 

The one girl with blonde hair turned to me while the elevator took the slow trip to the lobby.

"Are you guys together?" She whispered to me in English.

"Uh... meaning...?" I asked.

"Well-" She started to say.

But then the girl's friend cut in, "Are you guys going to the pool?"

"No, we're going to the beach." Changkyun replied in English.

The blonde one smiled, exchanging glances with her friends.

"Really? Can we join?" The brunette asked.

I scrunched up my face at the thought of having to go to the beach with two thirsty females tagging along. Hopefully the guys would decline.

"Yeah! Why not?" Jooheon said. 

I sighed. The guys might have been too innocent to8 know that these girls were clearly trying to get laid.

The elevator doors opened and the girls glommed onto our group.

"My name is Lilly." The blonde one smiled.

"I'm Alex." The brunette said. 

The guys all introduced themselves too. Lilly and Alex seemed especially interested in Shownu and Wonho.

"I'm-" I started to say.

"Anyway, where are you guys from?" Lilly asked Wonho, both standing on either side of him.

"We're from South Korea." Wonho smiled.

'They must not listen to k-pop...' I thought, but that was a good thing. I had a feeling if these girls knew the guys were famous, they'd be even more into them.

"Oh, and how do you know her?" Alex asked, pointing at me. It made sense that they thought I was out of place. After all, I was the only one out of the group that didn't look Asian.

"She's our-" Shownu started saying.

"Cousin." I cut in. "I'm their cousin."

The girls absolutely could not know that I was the bodyguard, that would lead to too many questions. I didn't want the girls getting drunk on the boys' fame.

Shownu gave me a look and I said to the guys in Korean, "Just trust me on this one."

Lilly and Alex narrowed their eyes at me before we continued along. We walked through the pool area and to the beach. We each grabbed towels from the resort before running along the sand.

I followed behind the group, keeping an eye out for any fans. But then I noticed Lilly pretend to trip so she could have an excuse to grab onto Wonho's bicep muscles.

"Wow, you're so strong." Lilly said, squeezing his arm.

I almost vomited over how cringey she was acting. Instead I just laughed.

Changkyun noticed volleyball nets and pointed to them excitedly. "We should play!"

Wonho and Minhyuk's faces lit up at the idea of playing volleyball.

"I'm in!" Lilly and Alex said in unison.

I rolled my eyes.

'I bet they don't even know how to play.'

"I'll play." Jooheon suggested.

I was going to consider playing as well, but since the teams were even, I decided to sun bathe instead. I set out a blanket and took off my t-shirt. I laid down facing the game, watching as they split up into teams. Lilly, Alex and Wonho ended up on one team while Changkyun, Minhyuk and Jooheon were on the other.

Alex and Lilly played close to the net, I noticed they were desperately both trying to get Wonho to look at their butts.

Usually I found this stuff funny, but now it was just annoying.

I couldn't help but stare at Wonho, looking for any sign of him even glancing at the girls.

"They're kind of annoying." Hyungwon said out of the blue, setting his towel down right next to mine. He sat down next to me, looking bored. "I wish they hadn't shown up, this is supposed to be our time."

Finally, someone that agreed with me.

"Well, we can still do stuff without them." I said, trying to distract myself. "Want to go swimming?"

Hyungwon glanced at me before nodding slowly. He grabbed onto Minhyuk's floatie and the two of us walked into the warm water.

"Can you swim well?" I asked Hyungwon. He was pretty skinny and I recalled him passing out after a short while of weight lifting. I wasn't so sure he would last long in the ocean.

"Of course!" He replied, seeming a bit offended. "I can swim better than Usain Bolt!"

'Now I know he was trying to reference an Olympic swimmer, but...'

I laughed uncontrollably, Hyungwon giving me a confused look. "What?"

"Never mind, let's get going." I said, walking father into the water until it was up to my waist. Hyungwon followed after me, floatie around his waist. As if he was trying to prove me wrong, he paddled out pretty far. "Wait up!" I yelled after him, relying on the swimming training I got while in the FBI to catch up to him.

I admired the clear ocean water, looking down to see some small fish swimming around. The farther out we got, the bigger the fish seemed to grow.

Hyungwon stopped after a while, floating along.

"See! I got very far!" Hyungwon sneered at me.

I tread water next to him, "Well, you have that floatie, I'm just relying on my own skill." I joked with him. 

Hyungwon scoffed slipping out of the tube. But he kept an arm on it so it wouldn't float away. I looked back out at the beach, Wonho and the others were still playing volleyball.

Hyungwon seemed to notice me staring. "You don't like those girls do you?" He asked.

I tried to laugh it off, "What? No! I don't know them..."

"Well I don't like them." Hyungwon sighed, "They're trying way too hard. I seem to be the only one that sees that."

I turned my attention back to Hyungwon, not wanting to think about it anymore. "We should head back." I said.

"You're right..." Hyungwon sighed, starting to paddle towards the beach.

'Wait, what's that...'

I spotted what looked like a fin swimming towards Hyungwon. 

Hyungwon seemed to notice it too. "Is that a..."

"Shark!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1.2K 32
All Han Jisung has known is life in the mafia. From stealing on frozen streets to living the high life of a talented informant, he's been able to tak...
44K 2K 29
"They kissed. Messily, but so desperate to feel something." Minho is a corrupt secret agent. There is nothing more that he wants than to finally bre...
2.8K 78 15
When your mother decided for you to move to your father in South Korea, you got the most dangerous job. It wasn't planned for it all to be like this...
15.5K 363 49
A Stray Kids AU Fanfiction. ﹒⪩⪨﹒Themes !! • Zombie Apocalypse ° Mafia Groups and Rivalries • Romance, Thriller, Horror ° Stray Kids FanFiction AU!! ...