Sea Of Treason, Pirate's Bluf...

By Trombolii

When Whitley winds up on the top of a pirate hit-list thanks to her con-artist father, she must hide her iden... More

There Is Treason At Sea
A New And Dangerous Town
Illusive Freedom
The Escaped
An Unlikely Rescuer
An Allied Ship
I'll Never Forgive The Sea
I won't let myself love her
A Lady On A Pirate Ship
Son Of A Siren
Secrets all around
The Pirate Experience
The Crow's Nest
Kiss and A Test
A Change In Plans
High Society
A Pirate At A Ball
Betrayal
"Run"
The Wrong Alley
Not so much a victim
"Now, It's my turn to save us"
A Good Plan
River Pirates
The Price Of Piracy
Another Betrayal
More Than Any Pirate Could Resist
Ransom
Ask Me Anything
Plan To Make A Plan
Plan B
Backed into a corner
The Siren's Song
On The Lookout
Liar's Dice
Prove It
How?
Freedom From Freedom
Can't Resist
Hesitation
Collide
A Pleasantly Violent Storm
Afraid To Dream
Dark Paradise
A Crushed Soul
To The Depths
Ripped Away
Fate Won. I lost
A Taste Of Power
Revenge
Controlling The Son Of The Sea
Destroy Them
Repayment
Last Resort
"STOP!"
Worth It
Help
Keep fighting
Letter From A Friend
The End
Sea of Treason is a REAL BOOK!!
Bound by the Depths part 1
Is It Enough?
Slipping Through My Grasp
First Taste of Blood
Monster
Welcome Home
My Fault
They Can't Have Me
An Insane Plan

A Warning

1.2K 71 1
By Trombolii

Bluff

Sweat pours from my face as I dig a hole beneath the trees, hoping if I go far enough I'll find water. I don't actually know how deep that will require. While also knowing if I dig too far, I'll likely come to salt contaminated water. Not drinkable. I've never exactly been stranded on an island like this before so it's all theory to me. I'm just hoping it works.

The only other time I found myself on a small island, I was much closer to larger land, with an entire crew (our ship had run aground) and was able to get a message to another ship via a siren. I'm not exactly on friendly terms with sirens at the moment, nor do I trust them. I don't know what their role is in all of this, but they've implied they too find value in Whitley, so I there is zero percent chance I'd call them. I don't even want them to know where I am. Which makes getting off this island much trickier How do I get a message somewhere without also signaling the wrong people?

The dirt turns to mud as I dig and I can feel victory just on the edge of the thin stone I'm using as a shovel. I just hope it's fresh, not salty.

Wind wisps through my hair gently—a familiar feeling that makes me pause. I listen. Leaves rustle around me. Waves crash in the distance.

Bluff. The wind whispers into my ear.

"What?" I ask harshly. Not in the mood for siren games today.

Tsk tsk. Salty are we? halfway between a wisp and a solid voice now. I thought you'd be happy to hear from me.

I swallow and clench my jaw. "You thought wrong. How are you even here? We're in the middle of an island."

"Just small enough for me to reach you." Her form is still mostly transparent, but I can see her hair flowing like it's under water, her coloring like a rainbow glistening in the sun. That's as solid as she can get, I'm sure, this far from the sea. She can't touch us here—that much is a comfort to me.

"Wonderful." I wonder about the storm then. If sirens can reach me, this far into the island, why was a storm raging here as well? It means my theory of being close enough to the sea is correct. The other option isn't a good one.

I sit up straighter, my heart pounding harder. I long to run to back to the beach to make sure Whitley is safe, but I don't want to expose my fear to my mother. Not yet. Maybe I can still get information from her.

"Are you here to help?" I ask her.

"What kind of help would you like, dear son?"

I roll my eyes. "Don't call me that."

"What? Son? Is it not true?"

"If you cared about me in the slightest, I wouldn't mind. Don't pretend you do."

"I care for your survival. And it's not looking great at the moment, is it?"

"You care for my survival so you can continue to gain from my existence. It's not exactly the same thing. And I'm doing just fine."

"Perhaps. But to answer your question I am indeed sending help. But I am not here for you. I am here for something more valuable."

My stomach sinks. Hands are shaking.

"You can't get to her here." I say more to comfort myself than for her.

"Sweet naive boy." I close my eyes, icy fear filling my veins. "All I need is for her to enter the water alone. Humans are so easy to tempt."

My head whips towards the beach as she laughs. No. No, no. no.

I don't wait another moment. I sprint towards the beach I last saw Whitley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450 157 39
With many secrets complicating her life in her current situation,Nox is trying to keep her identity a secret too. With her father,the Pirate King,dyi...
1.1K 260 16
"Just one more question. Well, two questions. Did the Goddess ever get her voice back, and has anyone met her?" "She did, but no one knows how. It's...
382K 13.3K 29
"You. Yes child come. Aye that's a good lad. Have you heard of the prophecy? No? Well have a seat next to me. I'll tell you. A great treasure has bee...
12.5K 627 23
Of curses and agonizing pain dulling one's heart, forcing them to the shadow. And emptiness and void causing one's continuous search for their fate...