Tom Riddle X Reader | ✓

By bravemoongirl

Join hogwarts for a mission to change the fate of Lord Voldemort, when he was still the mysterious, two-faced... More

Part 1 When Albus Calls | Edited
Part 2 A Fresh Start | Edited
Part 3 New Friends | Edited
Part 5 Surroundings | Edited
Part 6 Lunch | Edited
Part 7 Diagon Alley | Edited
Part 8 Tom | Edited
Part 9 Library | Edited
Part 10 Sirius Black | Edited
Part 11 Potions | Edited
Part 12 Defiant | Edited
Part 13 A Challenge | Edited
Part 14 Obey | Edited
Part 15 Belligerence | Edited
Part 16 Amends | Edited
Part 17 Rest | Edited
Part 18 Oppression | ReWritten
Part 19 Hogsmeade | Edited
Part 20 Duel Training | Edited
Part 21 The Feud Of The Students | Edited
Part 22 The Feud Continues... | Edited
Part 23 Warmth | Edited
Part 24 The Griffin Incident | Edited
Part 25 Halloween | Edited
Part 26 Sleepy Mentoring | Edited
Part 27 The Slug Club | Edited
Part 28 Winter Delight | Edited
Part 29 Dark Plans | Edited
Part 30 A Request To The Dance | Edited
Part 31 The Ball Before Christmas | Edited
Part 32 Pathetic Fallacy | Edited
Part 33 Lifeless
Part 34 An Invitation
Part 35 Xmas Dinner part 1
Part 36 Xmas Dinner part 2
Part 37 Deal
Part 38 The Diary
Part 39 A Monster.
Part 40 Avoid
Part 41 Conflict
Part 42 Abandoned
Part 43 Valentine's Day
Part 44 Myrtle
Part 45 Lies And A Hero
Part 46 A change
Part 47 Bloodlust
Part 48 Secrets
Part 49 Demise
Part 50 Family Reunion
Part 51 Broken
Part 52 Devious
Part 53 Evil Within
Part 54 Graduation & Riddles' Becoming
Part 55 THE REAL BEGINNING
Part 56 A Sinful Desire
Part 57 An Ambush
Part 58 One Night
Part 59 Means of A Ring
Part 60 Poison
Part 61 Charm
Part 62 Punishment
Part 63 Fright Night
Part 64 Danger
Part 65 Azkaban
Part 66 After
Part 67 Under the Moon
Part 68 Order Of The Phoenix
Part 69 War
Part 70 Finish This, Sirius
Part 71 When Albus Recalls
Part 72 Lily
Part 73 Before
Part 74 Alive
Part 75 In His Arms
Part 76 A Strong Friendship
Part 77 Or Is It.
Part 78 Take My Hand
Part 79 I Do.
Part 80 Despair
Part 81 A Prophet
Part 82 Trapped
Part 83 Legilimens
Part 84 Here Comes The Lord
Part 85 The Battle Of Dark Wizards
Part 86 A Calm Before The Storm
Part 87 CHOOSE
Part 88 Troubled
Part 89 The Fall
Part 90 Again
Part 91 Unforgivable
Part 92 Has It Really Been That Long
Part 93 Mine
Part 94 Only Mine
Part 95: The Final Battle Begins
Part 96: Beginning Of The End
Part 97: It All Ends Here. The Reader's final choice.
Part 98: ENDING A
Part 99: ENDING B

Part 4 Target | Edited

107K 3.7K 7.5K
By bravemoongirl

There was an elder gentleman at the opposite end of the class, who appeared to be part-goblin. He waved his hand towards you two as soon as he heard the thud of the door.

"Ah! Lily Evans, you're late!" - his voice squeaked as his eyes jumped at you "You must be <___>! No need to be shy, come forward"

As Lily lowered her head and dashed for her seat, you trekked towards the professor, feeling heads trail your every footstep.

The seating in the room was odd. There was one, long pathway in the centre of the room leading to either the professor's desk or the door directly opposite. On the right side of the class, house Gryffindor had been seated in the front row. Just behind them, by the wall, sat house Ravenclaw.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the footpath, the front row on the left was occupied by house Slytherin. Which meant that Hufflepuff sat just behind Slytherins, in the second row.

Once you reached the charms master, he shook your hand "Professor Filius Flitwick"

"Pleasure, sir" - you replied, releasing his pale hand

"Why don't you introduce yourself to your new classmates?" - Flitwick smiled, he was trying to be friendly.

"Oh... err--" - you looked at the majority of the students who were silently viewing you, and you couldn't tell what was possibly going through their thoughts "Well I'm <___>, a transfer from Ilvermorny, so I'm a new student here"

Nobody in the room even seemed to fidget, they continued to watch you blankly. In-between some faces, you could see Lily's comforting smile.

"Well done, see it wasn't that bad" - the teacher smiled at you

You sent him a fake smile then whispered to yourself "Haven't soiled my trousers like that since that one time in the mexican buffet and the food turned out to be expired"

Flitwick, hadn't heard your murmurs, proceeded "There is a free seat next to Lily, why don't you sit there, please"

Your feet clattered against the floor as you rushed to sit down next to your new friend as soon as possible.

You could still see some people in front of you who were facing you, a.k.a. some students from slytherin and Hufflepuff still observed you. It made you feel quite uncomfortable. You didn't know who to look at either as you had no idea what Tom Riddle looked like before he turned into a snake looking, bald creature.

"Now, everyone" - Flitwick's squeaky voice echoed between the walls "Grab your wands and repeat after me!" - he flicked his wrist delicately at the screeching raven in front of him "Silencio!" - the black bird let out no sound from its open beak - the animal had gone completely mute.

You grabbed your wand and waved it at the bird in front of you. Your voice got lost among the chaotic efforts of other students who were silencing their ravens at the same time.

It took you a few flicks but your bird quickly fell mute. Majority of other students were struggling, among them, now curious Lily, whose hand hovered in the air as she glimpsed at your raven

"Wow! How did you do it so fast?"

"It's not as difficult" - you showed her the movement of your wrist for the spell "All you have to do is wave your wand a little more"

Her emerald eyes pierced back at her current objective, she cleared her throat and mimicking what you just presented her, she uttered "Silencio" - and succeded, feeling proud of herself as she smiled at the mute animal in front "Thank you!"

You watched Flitwick help out the ones who were struggling with the spell, some of their ravens had fallen either quiet but not mute, or nothing worked at all.

Meanwhile, you knew that Tom Riddle had to be present in the room and you knew he'd be sat somewhere among Slytherin. This was set 1, and Riddle being as smart and ambitious as he was, it was a definite he'd be here.

And that's when you heard Filius's high-pitched voice again "Well done, Mr. Riddle! If you could please show that to Mr. Avery"

You looked towards the distant right, at the opposing front row, spotting a young slytherin boy beside an already silent raven. His jet-black hair had curled, his skin was pale and smooth, his eyelids dark, shadowing over his green, captivating eyes. This boy was one of the most handsome ones in the room. He looked charming and mysterious.
He glanced over at the blonde boy seated next to him and appeared to be whispering something, following Flitwick's request no doubt.

Next to you, Lily sighed "Don't fall for it."

As if you had snapped back to reality, your head turned at her "Sorry?"

"Tom Riddle. He is shallow" - she replied "I saw the way you looked at him"

"What? Oh, I was just... I mean..."

"He's a terrible potions partner. One time when we had to work together, he didn't say a word and didn't let me do anything, just kept sneering. Not to mention the fact he has an actually cruel personality." - she scoffed "Meanwhile all other girls ever talk about is how dreamy he is, can you believe that?"

You glimpsed at his handsome features again, responding "Well... I can see the reason behind the fuss"

When you looked back at Lily, you noticed she had been frowning as if asking whether you were serious through her eyes.

Since now you identified who he was, you were able to plan out your first move.

"Now" - Flitwick stood by his desk, addressing the whole, now quiet, class "Let's step it up a little" - he flicked his wand at the bird, turning it into clear glass. And then he pointed at it again, "Aguamenti!" - water leaped in out of nowhere starting at the bottom. His eyes jumped back at the students and he instructed everyone to use the accio charm or transfiguration to get a glass and then summon water.

You decided to accio it. Which flew over from the corner of the room instantly. Some students gave up with their enchantments and just went to grab a glass each, physically, themselves.

Summoning water felt like more difficult of a task as you struggled to get it in your first tries.

Meanwhile, Lily successfully casted the aguamenti charm. As she noticed you struggle, she playfully grinned "You just have to move your wand a little more"

"Aguamenti!" - you and half of the people in the room yelled out.

When it finally appeared, Flitwick had already instructed everyone to turn vinegar into wine.

So you waved your wrist repeatedly but it would not turn. It was a spell that must have hit a weak spot.
After minutes, Lily watched your liquid turn red before hers did, but she quickly prevailed after.
Some of the transparent solids had ice in them rather than wine, which was one of the results from failing at this charm.

As all of the students stood to help clean up and put away equipment, you flicked your wand to get rid of the tableware. But since you forgot to get rid of the wine first, your glass flew into the air, then dashed into the nearest passing by student. Poor victim was trying to sort out a new notesbook from the teacher at the time the glass hit their chest.

Embarrassed, as it was obviously your fault, you ran over to the person.

"I'm so sor---" - you then noticed their shocked, enraged face looming over you. Yep. Tom Riddle.

"Are you daft?!" - he yelled, his expression grim "It's a simple cast-away spell!"

"Technically.... I succeeded... Here, let me help" - You were about to twirl your wand

But he stopped you "Forget it. Do not need more of your incompetence."

"I said I was sorry"

"If I had known that splashing wine on students was part of the course perhaps I would have summoned an umbrella" - Tom bitterly said.

You decided to just leave it for now and return to your seat.
All students appeared neutral, except for now that one guy who kept giving you shivering, resentful stares.

So much for first impressions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.2K 50
Harry Potter. The Boy-Who-Lived, Hero of the Wizarding World, Master of Death. He was loyal to his friends. He would even sacrifice his life to save...
58.1K 1.7K 59
"You're very charming," she said quietly. "Not just charming, but beautiful in the sense that the world could almost pardon you for your sins." Tom...
461K 13.4K 61
◦•●◉✿ A Tom Riddle Fanfiction ✿◉●•◦ ( characters, places and some scenes belonged to J.K Rowling ❤️) "Because I loved him too much, a bit too much...
99.7K 4.1K 16
Everything about him was poisonous, his looks, his power and, most of all, his magic. And yet, she knew she would never want him to change, because...