His Angel

By heartsandcrosses_

*This book is currently being completely re-written, the plot, characters etc WILL change. When I began this... More

Characters and Info
00; Prologue
01; Introducing Angel
02; Angel's Family
03; Mini Angel
04; Party Angel
05; Drunk Angel
06; Hungover Angel
07; Angel and The Bad Boy
08; Struggling Angel
09; Sneaking Out With Angel
10; Angel's New Roommate
11; Broken Angel
12; Angel's New Housemate
13; Angel In The Middle
14; Angel's Panic Attacks
15; Angel's Best Friend?
16; Arguing with Angel
17; Angel and Bad Boy Day
18; Poorly Angel
19; Angel's Date Night
20; Angel's Past
21; Lost Angel
22; Angel's First Experience*
23; Scared Angel
24; Naughty Angel
25; Angel's First Love
26; Party With Angel
27; Angel's Risk
28; Angel's Tough Talk
29; Angel's Tough Talk
30; Angel's New Experiences*
31; Angel's Home*
33; Angel Breaking the Rules
34; Angel and The Bad Boy Fight
35; Angel's Broken Heart
36; Angel's New Boy
37; Angel's Play Date
38; Angel's Demons
39; Date with Angel

32; Angel Fighter

290 8 0
By heartsandcrosses_

ESME'S  POV

FRIDAY 27th OCTOBER 2018

        My day had been pretty normal, I had kindly declined a ride to and from school from Kyle because Spencer had wanted to spend some time with me and so he skipped football practise to drive me and Eve to and from school. Spencer was just pulling into our driveway when I saw Kyle's car parked outside of his house and I looked over at Spence. "I'm going to see Danielle and Kyle for a bit," I told him and he casually nodded.

 Dad had spent the day getting my bags from my bedroom so I didn't have to do it when I got home seeing as he didn't go back to work until Monday. I climbed out of the car and slammed the door behind me, waving at Eve before I wandered over to the familiar door which I knocked on and waited for someone to answer. 

 "Essie!" Rose answered the door with a massive smile. "Already missing us?" She grinned.

 "Of course I am you little monster," I laughed and stepped inside of the house. "Are your mom and brother home?" I asked her.

 "Mom is just about to get home to take me to my dance practise so she won't be able to stop and chat but Kyle is upstairs in his bedroom," she smiled and then we both heard a horn beeping outside. "Ah, there she is! Well see you soon Essie, we really miss you around here," I watched her happily skip out of the house and then I found myself walking up the stairs I was so used to.

 I got to the top and heard a high pitch giggling which made my heart sink in my chest. "Kyle, stop it! I don't think I can do that again," a voice shrieked and I wanted to run back downstairs without being seen again but before I could the bedroom door opened and Penny stepped out dressed in only Kyle's shirt and her panties.

 When she saw me a smirk lifted on her face. "Babe, look who showed up to say hello," she giggled and Kyle appeared at his bedroom door a few seconds later wearing only a pair on Calvin Klein boxers.

 "Angel-" his mouth dropped open slightly and I felt tears prick in my eyes.

 "So as soon as I'm out of the house you get her to jump back into bed with you?" I laughed bitterly and felt my voice cracking as tears started to form in my eyes. 

 "Angel, it's not like that-"

 "Don't tell me it's not like that when you're both stood here half naked!" I yelled at him and allowed a tear to fall down my cheek which made Penny hide a smile behind her hand. "Yeah you go ahead and giggle you absolute bitch but you should hear what he says about you when you're not around. What was it you called her? A desperate leech?" I asked him and she turned around to glare at him. 

 "I think he was talking about you babe," Penny smirked at me when she had finally regained her composure.

 "You know what - you two deserve each other," I snapped and then raced down the stairs to leave the house as soon as I could but that wasn't before I heard hammering feet down the stairs as well.

 "Angel please let's just talk," he called after me and I turned around with tears in my eyes.

 "Don't you dare call me Angel anymore," I seethed at him before storming out of the front door and slamming it behind me. 

 I walked back over to the house and let myself back in, not even bothering to stop and wipe the tears that were streaming down my cheeks. He had used me just like I knew he would. He had me in my most vulnerably position with him and then as soon as I was out of the house he started hooking up with Penny again. "What's wrong Essie?" My brother asked as I raced past him and towards the stairs.

 "Nothing, just leave me alone," I snapped and sprinted up the stairs to my bedroom. My room was still all in boxes but I threw myself down onto my bed and shoved my face into my pillow to scream. How stupid could I be to allow myself to be so vulnerable around a guy that didn't care about me one bit?

 "Are you okay Esme?" I looked up to see my father stood at the door with a sympathetic smile on his face.

 "Just leave me alone please dad," I sighed and rested my head down on my pillow.

 "Spending that much time with one person will have an affect on your feelings for them... I'm guessing from the amount you're crying that something bad has happened and I just want to say you're so young Es, you have so much time to find the right one for you. Coming from someone who has just gone through a massive heart break, it's not the end of the world," my dad's voice was quiet but soothing and I found myself smiling at him. 

 "Thank you dad, that's actually really helpful," I wiped my cheeks and sat up on my bed. "Do you want to talk about mom yet?" I asked him.

 "Not yet baby girl, but maybe soon," he smiled at me and then turned around to leave my bedroom. "Just remember you can talk to me if you ever feel low."

 "Thanks dad," I sniffed and wiped my eyes again.

 He left my bedroom and I was alone again to pull the covers over my body and cuddle into the sheets. I knew that Calvin had invited Kyle and I to his small house party that night but I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed and so I doubted I could handle going to a party and so I just opened up my Netflix browser and begun watching The Vampire Diaries.

 I woke up suddenly to the sound of my phone ringing and I looked down at the time to see it was around midnight. I must have drifted off to sleep whilst I was watching Netflix and not woken myself up which would also explain why my laptop was sat open next to me without any charge. I picked up my phone without looking at the caller ID and pressed the green button to answer the call. "Hello?" I grumbled down the phone.

 "Angel," the familiar voice slurred and I rolled my eyes. "Why are you back with him? Why did you ignore me today?" Kyle sounded completely smashed out of his mind and so I found myself sitting up in bed.

 "What do you mean Kyle?" I yawned and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "I'm not back with anyone, I didn't ignore you today either!"

 "You didn't want me to drive you," he stopped to hiccup. "I thought it was 'cos you were back with the assface Wren," he said Wren's name with a mocking high voice.

 I sighed. "I didn't need you to drive me today because Spencer did, he wanted to spend some time with Eve and I seeing as we've been apart for a month. Is that why you slept with Penny?" My heart broke a little when I remembered seeing them coming out of his bedroom.

 "I thought you didn't want me anymore," his voice was quiet and cracking and I sighed again. 

 "You can't just assume I got back with Wren and then sleep with Penny to get back at me. If you were angry or worried then you should have spoken to me and then none of this would have happened!" I sighed and placed my head in my hands. 

 "I know, I'm sorry Angel," he apologised with a whiney voice.

 "Where are you Kyle and why are you drunk?" I asked whilst climbing out of my bed and changing my pyjama shorts into leggings and then pulled on an oversized hoodie.

 "I'm at the treehouse, I went to Calvin's party because I wanted to forget about you and Wren," his voice sounded disgusted when he said mine and Wren's names together. I rolled my eyes and picked up my bag, shoving some necessities into there before I pulled it onto my shoulder.

 "I'm getting a cab to the treehouse," I said and snuck out of my bedroom door, quietly shutting it behind me. I looked around the empty hallway to see that Eve, dad's and Spencer's bedroom doors were closed and so they were all asleep.

 "No-o, it's not safe to get a weird man to take you here at night," he slurred.

 I walked down the stairs quietly and grabbed my house keys from the hook beside the door. "Wait for me by the entrance so you can see me safely get out, okay?" I whispered down the phone and then stepped out of the house. "I have to hang up now so I can call a cab, I'll see you soon."

 "Bye Angel," he sung to me and I rolled my eyes.

 I called a cab straight after we hung up and they got to my house rather quickly seeing as the cab company was only a few minutes away. I instructed the driver the way to go and he nodded along and followed the route before we got down to the familiar dark and creepy road where I had first gone with Kyle. The driver didn't seem to know where he was but he just kept following my instructions until I saw Kyle stood next to the bushes with a smile on his face.

 "You can stop just next to that guy," I pointed at Kyle and we stopped beside him. I paid the man and then climbed out to see Kyle. 

 The cab drove off back in the direction he came and then I looked up at Kyle. "Why did you come here?" He slurred and shoved his way clumsily through the small entrance to the forest. I followed him closely and stayed very near to him due to it being dark and creepy.

 "Because you're drunk and out alone in the forest," I hissed at him. "I thought you didn't drink," I asked him and he shrugged as we walked on. There was a loud howl from in the darkness and I immediately jumped forwards, grabbing onto Kyle's arm. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held me close so that I wasn't as scared which actually did really help.

 "I don't drink," he slurred with a sloppy smile. "This is my first drink since I was sixteen."

 I didn't push him any further because he would most likely regret it if he opened up about something serious when he was extremely drunk and so I just silently followed him into the large opening to the pond and the treehouse. Kyle headed straight for the treehouse and started to climb up and so I climbed up after him. We both reached the top and walked in where I saw the camp bed's covers were all messed up which suggested Kyle had been lying on them.

 Kyle flopped down onto the camp bed and then patted his lap for me to basically straddle him. "We are talking, Kyle. Not hooking up," I sighed.

 "But I want to touch you again," he groaned and I flushed a red colour. "The way you moaned last time-"

 "Stop it!" I clamped my hands over my ears to stop hearing his dirty words and he laughed drunkly before sitting up on the camp bed. 

 "What do you wanna talk about then?" He smiled.

 I walked over to him and sat down next to him on the camp bed. "Why are you acting like this?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

 "I thought you were fucking that douchebag again," he shuddered with a clenched jaw. "I hurt him," he admitted quietly and I snapped my gaze over to him.

 "You what?" I yelled at him and he looked at the floor.

 "I thought you were back with him and I was mad! I saw red and I just started hitting him and I didn't stop, Calvin threw me out of the party and so I walked here," he slurred and hiccupped.

 I wanted to check if Wren was okay but I knew in my mind he would have fought back just as much as Kyle fought him, and then when I looked at Kyle's appearance a bit more I saw some bruises on his arms, bleeding knuckles and a split lip. How hadn't I noticed that? 

 "You need to stop picking fights," I told him quietly.

 He looked at me with teary eyes. "I know. I'm just as bad as him," he sniffed and then laid down on the bed. I watched him lay down and my heart broke slightly to see him in pain, he was like who?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...