Elements {Severus Snape / Stu...

By xXRainbowXVeinsXx

(UNDER EDITING - PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS ITS QUITE MIND BOTTLING). Lennocelia Kingsleigh has it all. Or, at least... More

New Beginnings ::1::
A Halfblood at Heart ::2::
If Quidditch Were Like Ballet ::3::
The Forbidden Forest ::4::
A Bright Blue Potion ::6::
Quidditch Tryouts ::7::
Just Another Day... ::8::
A Menacing Detention ::9::
Four TriWizard Champions...? ::10::
Into Your Mind ::11::
I Believe You ::12::
Everything that Doesn't Matter ::13::
Homework of Sorts ::14::
The Burrow ::15::
I Love the Smell of Amortentia in the Morning ::16::
An Awful Morning ::17::
Firewhiskey ::18::
The Question Game ::19::
The First Task (Part 1) ::20::
The First Task (Part 2) ::21::
A Shocking Development ::22::
The Daily Prophet ::23::
The Book of Love ::24::
Christmas Eve Day ::25::
The Yule Ball ::26::
The Christmas Egg ::27::
A Rather Large Disappointment ::28::
The Aftermath ::29::
A Modest Proposal ::30::
It's Moments Like These ::31::
This Changes Everything ::32::
The Difference Between Love and Lust ::33::
The Second Task ::34::
True Power ::35::
Give In, Don't Give Up ::36::
The Third Task: Part 1 ::37::
The Third Task: Part 2 ::38::
The Order Rises Again ::39::
The Life and Legacy of Lennocelia Kingsleigh (Epilogue) ::40::
The Real Epilogue

A Day in Hogsmeade ::5::

6.1K 210 55
By xXRainbowXVeinsXx

***Hello! So sorry I haven't been updating as much as I'd like to... My computer recently broke and I had to get a new one... but I've been writing the old fashioned way ;) and now I'll post what I have. Thanks for reading, enjoy! P.S did I mention it's 'R' for a later chapter?***

Liam and Lennox had woken up early, along with every other student third year and up. Today was the trip to Hogsmeade. She was rather excited about it. Just a day to get away and not think about classes or anything else. 

The Dark Forest incident hadn't caused her to feel any better. Plus she and Liam could spend the day hanging out- which was becoming more so a rarity than anything else. She hadn't seen him much. She had been starting to hang around Hermione the past few days. It was rather nice to have a female friend. 

Granted she did have other girl friends BUT none were as intellectual as Hermione, even given her two years her junior. It didn't make one bit of a difference. When they reached the courtyard it was jam packed with other students. It was almost hard to breathe.  

They didn't talk much on the way to the village, but neither of them really minded the silence. They were just simply enjoying eachother's company more than anything else. Then again, it wasn't completely quiet... 

There was idle chit chat amongst the passing students. It was very soon she had realized her time with Liam was extremely short spent. She hadn't really known what was going on for a few moments before piecing it together.

"Ooh! Honey Dukes!" he exclaimed, completely ditching her when they finally arrived. She stood in the middle of the student infested street when he scurried off with two other seventh year boys. She literally did not know what to do.

She only folded her arms across her chest and waited patiently for him to return. He didn't. After much deliberation she left her spot and began to walk away. Where? She wasn't exactly sure... But her plans were completely ruined for the day.

Liam better enjoy himself because Lennox wasn't so sure she could restrain herself from murdering him after this charade. It was only after two minutes she had realized her legs were carrying her to the Shrieking Shack. She had absolutely no idea why this became her destination.

She supposed she just wanted to be alone now that she couldn't spend the day with her best friend... possibly ex best friend. She had reached the barbed wire fence that over looked a hill and then let out a deep sigh of dispare. 

She rested her hands on a wooden post. The warm September breeze enveloped her every now and again as she stood there by her lonesome. She heard leaves crunch behind her and immediately whipped out her wand, spinning on her heel. She was relieved to see it was only Dante Rainy, a sixth year.

"Next time I'll stun you Gryffindor. Don't sneak up on me like that." she growled through pursed lips. He only shrugged and walked closer. His brown hair was blowing all over from the breeze, and his hands were shoved into his pockets.

"All alone I see?" he observed.

'No? Really? Congrats, Dante- you deserve a detective's award! NO DUH I'm alone. Unless you count the Shrieking Shack as a person' she thought to herself... She only nodded slowly and tried to ignore him... but he continued nevertheless.

"I've been meaning to talk to you for ages... but you're always with your friend, or that Granger girl..." he trailed off. What on earth would he want to talk to her about? Wasn't it enough that he was already ruining her peace and quiet? She didn't even dare look at him.

"Well I suppose whatever it is will have to wait. I was just on my way." she smiled briefly and began to walk away, hoping to God he wouldn't follow. Much to her dismay, he did... and that wasn't even half of the story. He did more than just that.

"Wait-" he grabbed her arm. She looked at him dangerously with warning written all over her face.

'Either you don't let me go... or I'll kill you with my bare hands. I could get away with it.' she whispered to herself. They'd never even find him... She pulled away instantly.

"Er... Sorry. I was just wondering-" was he really about to ask what she thought he was? Now was about the time she pick up the pace in her walk. 

"No... no no. Really Dante, I have to go." she  was at a slow jog by this time, but he was a persistant bastard. She had heard about this kid from a lot of Slytherins. He was notorious for deliberately wasting everybody's time, and being annoying.

Then again they were Slytherins. They were annoyed by just about everyone that wasn't in their house... and even eachother at times. Yes... well so far he was living up to her expectations that had already been set for him.

"Please? I just wanted to know if you'd go on a date with me?" she had NEVER been asked out before. Why all of a sudden? She thought it over as she jogged. She had then decided against it. Maybe... when hell freezes over.

"I'm not so sure that's a good-"

"Oh c'mon! Please?" he begged once more. She kept going to ease the awkwardness... it had worked to no prevail. 

"Dante... I really don't want-"

"Why? Just one date?!" he continued in a whiney voice. She started a full blown sprint when she reached the village. Perhaps she could lose him in the crowd. She made a break for it and bolted to the Three Broomsticks. She sat down at a table in the corner and attempted to hide her face.

It didn't work. Imagine that?

"There you are!" he exclaimed as he entered the pub and approached her. She sunk into her chair as he walked over and sat down next to her. She buried her face in her hands. By this point she was bloody irritated more than anything else. 

"Look... I'm sure you're a nice guy and all... but I don't think-" she immediately stopped herself when she saw his face inching closer to hers. He didn't even have time to pucker his lips before her fist collided with his nose. She heard a loud 'PUNCH' and then fully became aware of the situation.

"What's wrong with you?!" he yelled in pain, clutching his nose which was now bleeding to no end. She held back a smirk and then remembered her anger. She stared at him with disbelief. He expected to sneak attack and not get punished? She didn't think so!

"Next time you try that I'll hex you into next millenium. And the blow will be MUCH lower... specifically below the belt." Lennox snarled with defiance. He was breathing heavily, and his eyes grew dark as he looked at her.

"You little-!" 

"Mister Rainy." a deep voice cut him off. As much as she despised the man, she was grateful for his impeccable timing. He couldn't have come at a better time. For once in her life she was happy to see none other than Professor Snape. 

"I think  Miss Kingsleigh has been harassed enough for today. I'm sure a young man such as yourself would agree that bothering a young lady can be quite dangerous wouldn't you agree?" the corners of his lips twitched up into a smirk.

Dante glared, and went off. Probably to visit Madam Pomfrey in the Hospital Wing if she was not mistaken. Her knuckles would surely be bruised tomorrow. She couldn't tell if the blood on them was her own or his. Either way, she was pleased with her work. She glanced up at her black clad professor.

"How much of that did you see?" she asked with an innocent smile. He eyed her fist, not too suddenly replying.

"All of it. I saw him chase you in here. I thought I'd intervene. I saw that surprise attack coming from a mile away. He's been writing your name in his potions notebook for years." a deep chuckle emerged from his chest. She looked at him with shock. Dante's liked her that long?

"Then why didn't you step in sooner?!" she gaped at him. 

"Honestly? I wanted to see him get hit. As much as YOU get under my skin, he is in my top ten least favorite students... plus the object of his affections giving him a blow to the nose... that's priceless." he explained.

She casually made an 'oh' shape with her mouth, looking around the pub absent mindedly. After a moment she realized he was still standing there awkwardly. She bit her lip and thought about what happens next. She mentally shrugged.

"Er... sit?" she suggested. He raised an eyebrow and shot her a look, his eyes scanning the room and recognizing familiar faces.

"Won't you be the talk of the school if people see you sitting at a pub with me?" he asked dryly. It was Lennox's turn to raise an eyebrow at him. How long had he known her exactly? Lennox doing weird things stopped being gossip by second year.

"Since when do I care what people say or think about me?" she countered. He gave her a quick half smile, a rarity for someone like Professor Snape.

"Touche." he nodded, taking a seat across the table from her. There were a few minutes of silence, but surprisingly a comfortable silence. He motioned at her. She gave him a confused look. What did he want?

"Your hand... let me see your hand." she idiotically gave him her left hand. After he shook his head and gave her a look she quickly withdrew it and offered him her right hand. He ran his thumb over her knuckles silently.

He pulled out a cloth and began to wipe them dry of blood. There was a cut on her index finger's knuckle which she then concluded the blood was hers and not Dante Rainy's. He pulled out a small vile of green liquid and poured it over her hand.

"You always carry healing potions with you?" she asked suspiciously. He rolled his eyes and stuck the little glass container back into his robes.

"Once in awhile a fight breaks out among students, I have it to be prepared. Silly girl." he taunted. She pulled her hand away and entwined it with her left hand, resting them both in her lap, and she looked across the table at him.

"Anyways... thanks again... for getting him off my back. So... where do I rank?" she asked suddenly. He looked at her curiously, but then it morphed into confusion. He wasn't aware of what she was talking about.

"You said Dante was in your top ten least favorite students. I'm supposing I'm number one?" she giggled. His look dropped when he realized what she spoke of.

"No." 

"What?!" she gasped in mock horror, "I'm number two?! You hate somebody... more then... ME?!" she teased. He snorted.

"Actually you happen to be least HATED. Perhaps I could say... favorite... if I used such a word... but I do use it lightly. I do withdraw the remark I made about any feelings of contempt I have for you. It was rude, and even I, Professor Snape, have a line that shouldn't be crossed." he spoke.

Surprising much?

"Wow. Good to know you don't hate me and think I'm worthless." she said sarcastically. He narrowed his eyes.

"Hate is... such a strong word. I'll say... severely dislike is more appropriate for the situation." he chuckled. It was a strange noise, something she hadn't heard very often in her lifetime.

"So..." he changed the subject, "have you considered entering the tournament?" he brought up yet another subject. She shook her head vigorously, and bit her lip, letting out a sigh.

"People die in this competition right?" she clarified. He shook his head now. 

"Not generally the idea... but people have died, yes." he explained. She nodded slowly as he got the sentence out.

"Then that answers your question." she admitted solemnly. He gave her a look of colossal disappointment.

"Surely, you of all people aren't going to let a little thing like danger stand in your way." he seemed appalled and genuinely surprised at her answer.

"When there's a chance I could die I do." she reasoned.

"You should know that particular risk lies with any kind of danger." he reminded her. She only shrugged.

"If I was the only person who would be drastically affected by my death I would enter believe me, I live for the danger... but the circumstances are different." she let out yet another sigh.

"Your family." this wasn't a question. She gave a subtle nod.

"My siblings... and Liam..." she continued.

"Not your parents?" he inquired. What? Hadn't he been told...? She thought Dumbledore...

"My parents are dead. Surely Dumbledore told you that." she said. He was extremely confused. What on earth...?

"He told me..." he paused, in deep thought, "well... what he told me certainly wasn't that..." he said vaguely. She didn't even want to know what he had been told. The silence grew more uncomfortable with each passing second. 

"I still think you would have a good chance at winning." he complimented. Now that she thought about it, her powers, not her wizarding powers, exceeded that of any other magical being. A rare gift she has, that the centaurs apparently know of.

But the only people that know about it are Liam and Max... but the stakes are too high. She cannot enter. She will not enter. There was no way. Her family needed to be taken care of.

"I hate to admit it... but sometimes I wonder what you're thinking about when you have that look." he interrupted her thoughts. She looked up at his face, which was expressionless... as usual. She smiled.

"Curiosity killed the cat," she warned teasingly, "but I'm afraid even I can't do this." she told him. He only blinked, continuing to look at her expression as she spoke.

"Life is a funny thing isn't it?" 

"How so?"

"Well... we've been conversing for ten minutes and not one of us has made an attempt to rip the other's head off." I joked. He rolled his eyes and got up onto his feet. I was feeling slightly sad he was about to leave.

"I have papers to grade... promise me you'll think about entering? You're a very clever and talented witch... and it's not every day I compliment people, especially irritating ones such as yourself so you should know your skills are quite significant... and if you've told anybody I said this I will deny it, and fail you." he threatened.

"So you can have me for another year? You wouldn't." she joked, and with that he left. That was the nicest thing she'd ever heard him say about anyone. Maybe he was right... No. She will not put her name into the Goblet of Fire under any circumstances.End. Of. Story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.7K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...
12.3K 388 22
"You have no right interfering with my life, you have made it abundantly clear that I am nothing to you," she spat at him. She took a deep breath an...
20.3K 607 50
Severus Snape: Most students hate him. He is not liked by lots of people. People refer to him as a bully. People describe him as mean, cruel, ugly, c...
4.9K 213 28
SeverusSnapeXReader Yes it's 2023 and I'm writing a fanfic for Severus Snape, so what? --------- Seventh Year in Hogwarts, the storyline starts earl...