The Most Powerful (The Wrath)

Bởi WarrKatstud231

Book 6: Everything is falling apart. Life as a Chosen One is becoming an everyday struggle to live. While God... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 (The Act Of Carelessness)
Characters Looks (Book 6)
Chapter 2 (A Whole New World)
Chapter 3 (The Silence Of My Good Deeds)
Chapter 4 (Missed The Heart)
Chapter 6 (The Shaky Grounds We Walk On)
Chapter 7 (The Final Peace Offering)
Chapter 8 (Hidden Beneath The Surface)
Chapter 9 (Proposal Of A Lifetime)
Chapter 10 (The Hated One)
Chapter 11 (The Enemy In The Mirror)
Chapter 12 (Hopeless In The Eye Of The Enemy)
Chapter 13 (The Fallen)
Chapter 14 (To Hell Willingly)
Chapter 15 (The Spark From One)
Chapter 16 (Your One And Only)
Chapter 17 (Enemy Looking In)
Chapter 18 (Mark Me Once)
Chapter 19 (Work Towards The Run)
Chapter 20 (Up In Flames)
Chapter 21 (The End Of A Legend)
Chapter 22 (Destiny Comes In Unfimiliar Forms)
Chapter 23 (From Low To High)
Chapter 24 (The Wrath)

Chapter 5 (Betrayal Is Not A Friend)

7 1 10
Bởi WarrKatstud231

Candice Floamboatia

"Sit," Carrie sat me across from Parker like this was some kind of therapy session. "Now, I'm leaving the two of you to talk. There is no killing allowed," she shamed mostly me. I sighed and looked over at the boyish figure. As soon as she left, I got to business.

"I don't want to get involved with you anymore than you want to get involved with me. If I can't kill you, then how about we just go our separate ways?" I offered as kindly as I could. "If not, then we'll have to result to something much more violent."

He nodded as I watched with suspicion. I could tell he was a sociopathic liar, but so was I. I could also tell he wanted his revenge. He landed his gray eyes on me once again, only to start chanting witchcraft. Yet, I was far too prepared. He let out a choke when I gripped him by his throat tight enough to let little air pass through.

"Sweetie," I frowned in fake sympathy to strike a nerve. "You thought you could hurt me? I'm much too ready for anybody that comes my way." I quickly spun out of the way when I felt Carrie's presence behind me. She latched onto Parker's neck with her hand, then threw him aside angrily when she missed her target.

"You're not the most powerful being around here, Candice. You are in fact number ten on the Suggestion of Life spectrum, which makes you last."

"That doesn't matter," I couldn't help but to laugh. "I'm still more powerful than every demon and angel, even number one," I teased Carrie by stepping forward. "And don't think for a second you're off the hook. I know you were in the Black Hole, tormenting Angela and I." Her eyes widened at my come back with information. "And you're first."

She transported when I took a step towards her. I busted into a chuckle when she ran like a coward. Parker chanted yet again from behind me. I was officially fed up with him. And so, I ripped his tongue from his throat and watched as he died a painful death. And I would kill him ten times over again, until he reached his last of eternal lives, and I'd meet him in Hell below where he truly belonged.

Carmine

Micheal said nothing of his breakdowns, but he didn't have to. I knew they were to occur at some point out of the blue. I mean, he obviously has many mental health issues, including post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, and possibly schizophrenia.

I came back to the apartment after leaving him alone when I went to a job interview to try to fit in with this society. It's no wonder people around here are insane; they don't even know what a normal life looks like. And I left him for literally an hour and a half.

When I walked in, our stuff was thrown all over the room. The dresser with a large mirror still in place yet bare with objects, the mirror smashed to bits. I found Micheal rocking back and forth in a fetal position in the corner of the room, hidden behind the bed.

I tried to comfort him, carefully placing my hands on his head to lift it. He let me as tears rolled down his cheeks, staring numbly in a daze. I tried to kiss him, to hopefully heal him of mental pain. But that was never said to be the case of the True Love's kiss.

His eyes focused on me, his blue flames staying at the same level. I watched his reaction towards me, appreciating the beauty to him, the flames considered deadly yet obviously so fragile that it could take only a second to break them.

"I can't do this," he finally whispered. "I can't risk it." His voice quivered to an unfathomable level to where anyone would feel pity, even if he did them wrong.

"What do you mean?" I questioned him calmly, stroking his hair and face.

"I'm not a good person, Carmine," his voice rose. "Do you even know what I've done?" I took my hands away from him, watching as he struggled to scare me off. "I've not only killed people, I've tormented them. And not all of my killings were justified."

I started to shake my head, to which he blew up.

"I've gotten women pregnant, Carmine. And people think the worst thing a man could do is leave them. Wrong," he snarled after taking a stand, now yelling. "I've ripped the fetus from their uterus." I flinched back, tears instantly pooling in my eyes. "Yeah! You still love me now?" He challenged.

But the scariest part was I didn't know if I did. If I love him after hearing details of what he's done. Yet I didn't have to make the decision. He walked out, running from his fear: love. But before he left, he said something that broke my heart into billions of pieces.

"I'm a Devil. We do not love, and most certainly will never be loved. I can't love, Carmine. And I can't be one with God's people, but I also can't be with Satan. So it's best for everyone in the world that I'm dead considering the destruction that traces my path."

Chambers

I gathered most of the Chosen Ones to train them in preparation for the Enemies. It was my task to teach them how to fight, and how to be mentally capable of the defeat and torment that may come to follow. They didn't know of the trials they would have to endure, the tragedy I was ordered to place on them by my brother. But it wasn't my place to deny him. He was God, I was a God. I was his Angel of Death.

"Katherine Warren, Carmine, and their lovers are not attending our training session today," I announced, most of them groaning unenthusiastically.

"What if we don't want to be here?" Candice challenged me, crossing her arms like a spoiled brat.

"You don't get a choice. This is destiny, not a democracy."

"What if I do this?" I instantly prepared for Candice, catching the throwing blade she flung at Parker Kalpishka.

"Why do you keep trying to kill me?" Parker snapped when I caught the knife directly in front of his face. "I haven't done anything to you, just out of curiosity."

"It's more like what could happen. You see Parker, we're written in the stars," she mocked, pretending to be amazed as she explained. "We're the new Romeo and Juliet. And we're meant to be one because of destiny, which the God created," she scoffed. "This is just some messed up fairy tale. And maybe the only reason it is messed up is because of the people he's chosen."

She was right. I saw less hope as each minute grew by. My brother had them legendary for years, and never actually followed out with the plan. This was a disaster waiting to happen, and that was because they were disasters all on their own. These are not the people my brother made them out to be.

"I mean, look at this," Candice gained attention and made everyone grow more doubtful when she marched her way to me, and reached out a hand. I instantly moved away, and not just because she was a royal bitch. "Our leader won't even touch us because we're too unholy," she sneered, looking to the crowd as she tried to prove a point.

"I don't let any being on this planet touch me," I excused myself calmly.

"Really? Because you sure as hell didn't stop yourself from touching Angela when we were in the Black Hole." I held my anger back but she made it almost impossible with her facial expressions. I wanted to at least cuss her out, put her in her place. But I couldn't. It is impure to swear.

"Sit back and shut your mouth," I complled Candice, to which she did unwillingly.

"You never really had any class, did you Chambers?" I froze in my tracks, the recognition in that voice almost setting me off. The look on Candice's face ensured me in who they were. Angela. "Hello, Candice." Candice sustained this careless expression I didn't know of. But she had a hint of rage, so at least I knew she wasn't completely gone.

"Angela," I said, turning around to face the girl I once loved. "Never thought I'd see you again."

"Oh, I'm sure you didn't," she growled, her gaze falling on Candice. "How have things been without me?"

"Grand. Just grand," Candice rolled her eyes.

"Wait, how do you all know each other?" Dylan Winesten asked.

"You don't get to ask the questions," I started, the Chosen Ones starting to join in on the curiosity.

"Chambers and I loved each other," Angela started, and there was no point in stopping her now. "Until Chambers, the only person Candice and I knew in that hell-hole, tortured us with our worst nightmares, and we never saw him again." Alll eyes fell on me. I simply averted their eye contact. I had been trying to forget all of the horrible things I had to do.

"Yeah, and we were best friends," Candice pointed to Angela. "Until you became a backstabbing bitch and left me for dead."

"Hey, I wanted out of that hole just as badly as you did," Angela laughed. "You would have done the same to me the second you got the chance."

"No," Candice snarled. "Back then I was true. You took that from me the second you stabbed me in the back. Well," she shrugged. "Actually from the front."

"The past is the past, right?" Angela smirked mockingly, Candice flashing a fake smile. I knew what was going through Candice's head. She wanted revenge on everyone that has done her wrong. She wanted her justice, and wouldn't stop at anything to get it. She wanted revenge on Carrie and Satan for locking her in pure darkness for centuries. She wanted revenge on me for the betrayal that caused them pain. And most of all, she wanted revenge on Angela, therefore the only soul she trusted. The only friend she'd ever have, which turned out to be fake.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, all of the Enemies emerged from the woods, Angela grinning like a ghoul for the damage she was about to cause.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

37 5 25
An unlikely friendship develops between a Demon and Angel, but after a misunderstanding they became estranged. Meeting again when they are older, Lle...
299 7 23
Book 4: They have lost the original Chosen Ones to a torturous dimension of self hate against their own reflection. While Katherine's group still sur...
71 0 11
Struck with the truth, Valor Unmei betrays the organization he once worked for. This results in him getting hunted down and killed by his one true fr...
8.8K 366 26
Books 7 & 8 of The Reckoning. Though Satan now has his precious vessel, things aren't going to plan. He must keep a clear head-but his heart has othe...