Hamilton One Shots (x reader)

By thatstoreonthecorner

*reads title* highest ranks: #762 in fan fiction #12 in hamilton #38 in oneshots More

Suggestions?
Lafayette x Reader [1]
Hercules x Reader
John x Reader
Jefferson x Reader
Lafayette x Reader [2]
Philip x Reader
Daveed x Reader
Alexander x Reader
James x Reader
Oak x Reader [1]
Oak x Reader [2]
Washington x Reader
Oak x Reader [3]
King George x Reader
Burr x Reader
John x Reader [1]
John x Reader [2]
Face Reveal
Alexander x Reader
Lin x Reader
Philip x Reader
Lafayette x Reader
BE MORE CHILL
Anthony x Reader
Philip x OC
Thomas Jefferson x Reader
Daveed x Reader
Lin x Reader [1]
Lin x Reader [2]
Eliza x Reader
Hercules x Male!Reader
Ham Fam Short Story 1
Jefferson x Reader
Angelica x Female!Reader
Aaron Burr x Child!Reader
Anthony x Reader
Lafayette x Reader
Peggy x Female!Reader
Philip x Reader [1]
Philip x Reader [2]
Philip x Reader [3]
Philip x Reader [4]
Lin x Reader
King George x Reader [1]
King George x Reader [2]
King George x Reader [3]
Ham Fam Short Story 2
Jefferson x Reader
the end.

Philip x Reader [5]

5.5K 217 434
By thatstoreonthecorner

A/N: much angst and much fun to write. enjoy the finale my loves

Y/N would say without doubt or falter in her words, that last night was the best sleep she had had in her life. She fell asleep amongst a family and a boy that she trusted whole heartedly. Where she knew positively she was safe. Although Y/N was a stranger in the Hamilton house and in Philip's bed, she had never felt more belonging anywhere else. It wasn't just the memory foam mattress, or the big fluffy pillows. Being present there had given here a sense of assured security the teen had never felt before in her life.

Waking up was confusing, at first. The harsh sunlight bled through the crack in Philip's patterned curtains, shining in Y/N's eyes. The light woke her up immediately. Squinting and moving her limbs against the sea of blankets, she managed to uncover herself and sit up on the familiar bed. Taking in her surroundings, she discovered quite quickly that she had fallen asleep during last night's Harry Potter movie. And that Philip had left her to sleep in the comfort of his bed, meaning he had probably taken the couch.

Slowly fixing her tangled hair with her fingers, Y/N stood from the bed and opened the bedroom door. She peeked around the corner, easily seeing Eliza cooking in the kitchen downstairs. Not only could she see the middle Schuyler sister, but also the sleeping teen on the longest couch of the three. His hair was no longer in the messy ponytail it found itself in last night, but instead his curls messily lied around him in a heap. His legs dangled off the couch. Despite him sleeping on the biggest one it seemed he was still too tall for its figure. So to say the least, Y/N could tell he was uncomfortable, which made her feel guilty for stealing his bed.

"I can't tell if you're pondering whether or not to go downstairs, or just staring at my brother."

Y/N's spun around at the sound of the voice, and was greeted with the familiar brown eyes of Angie Hamilton.

"Angie you startled me." The older teen put a hand to her chest. "And I'm doing neither of those. I'm simply wondering why Philip didn't just wake me up last night, so he could sleep in his own bed."

Angie gave her a look that said 'really?' As if Y/N should know the answer to her question. When Y/N only gave her a look of confusion, Angie sighed and dropped her look. "I have to go wake up John and William. But it smell's like my mom is making pancakes, so, help yourself."

"Thank you Angie." With a nod and a smile, Y/N watched as the 14 year old walked off towards another room. Assumingely the one her younger brothers shared. Y/N looked forward once more and walked down the stairs.

At the sound of approaching footsteps, Eliza Hamilton turned around to see a sleepy Y/N. She gave her a smile and set down the pancake batter and spoon. "Good morning, Y/N. The first batch of pancakes will be ready soon. Go ahead and sit down."

"Thanks Eliza."

The woman gave her a smile in return. Silence resumed in the kitchen, the only sounds heard being the sizzling of pancake batter on the pan. Y/N waited until Eliza had finished the next array of pancakes before speaking. "Should I wake up Philip?"

"Go for it. Pancakes are his favorite so.. maybe he'll wake up easily."

"If he woke up easily, mom, we both know it won't be for the pancakes." Angie giggled, making her appearance at the table. Baby William was at her hip, and John held her hand.

Y/N's brows furred in confusion at what Angie meant, but smiled anyway and walked out of the kitchen to the living room. Smirking slightly at the boys sleeping figure, she shook him gently.

"Freckles." She murmured, watching as he stirred in his sleep. "Your mom is making pancakes." Philip mumbled something incoherent, resulting in Y/N shaking him some more.

"Philip. Angie and I will eat all of the pancakes if you don't wake up."

His hazel eyes fluttered open, blinking multiple times before actually staying wide.

"Come on," Y/N pushed him playfully, loving his sleepy state. "come eat with your sister and I."

"Alright." He spoke, his voice an octave deeper due to his tired state. He slowly sat up and ran his and through his mess of curls multiple times. "How did you sleep?"

"Great. Thank you for letting me sleep and taking the couch. That's super kind of you." Y/N took this as a chance to thank him. She knew that if she had scolded him, he would most likely list the reasons he didn't regret moving to the lumpy couch. So, a thank you was much simpler.

"Anytime." Philip stood, leading the two into the kitchen Y/N was previously at. He pulled a chair out for her, earning a red cheeked smile as a thank you. Philip sat down next to Y/N, just as a stack of pancakes was placed in front of both of them.

The teenage girl did not hold back her excitement at the sight of her first home cooked meal. Grabbing the syrup from the center of the table before anyone else, she poured it across the buttery cakes. Philip watched in amusement at Y/N's actions, smiling to himself at just how adorable this girl can get. He snatched the syrup from Y/N once she was (finally) finished with it, and then passed it to Angie who passed it to Eliza. Eliza then helped the younger boys with their food. And although the center of the Hamilton family—Alex Jr. and James— were not present, Eliza couldn't help but smile at the fact that they were having breakfast as a family for the first time in a while. She also had no doubt in her mind it was the mysterious girl who brought this family into the light. And for some reason, Eliza believed she was helping the Hamilton family in more ways than just getting them all together for a breakfast.

As if the morning couldn't get any better, none other than her husband, Alexander Hamilton stepped out of the shadow of the hallways, and into the light of the kitchen. Eliza should've known it wasn't to join them for breakfast.

"Y/N I think it would be wise to continue our conversation from yesterday now, for I've already pushed pack my work schedule a few hours to do so." He spoke, ignoring the strong gaze of his wife.

Before giving the girl a chance to respond, Eliza scoffed, causing every head to turn in her direction; even the babies' didn't dare make a sound. "And to think I thought you were joining us for breakfast." She shook her head, and turned towards Y/N, who's fork was halfway to her mouth. "At least let the poor girl finish her breakfast."

Philip turned towards Y/N who obviously didn't know how to react in this situation. Heck, even Philip himself didn't know what to say. He could tell from Angie's face that she was shocked too. His mom and Pops had never been so passive aggressive towards each other. Recently though, it seemed like their entire family was on edge. But despite the harshness that settled in the air, never had Eliza snapped at any of them. Y/N slowly put down her fork, resulting in Philip placing a comforting hand on hers. She gave him a tight smile.

Philip was aware that Y/N knew something he didn't, but it just dawned on him now that that something may be what's causing the distance between his parents and harshness in the air. As much as he wanted to question it right then and there, he didn't want to expose whatever it was in front of Angie and his mom. He trusted Y/N more than he liked to admit in such a short amount of time. Y/N glanced at him with that said 'I'll tell you later' and that's all he needed.

She removed her hand from under his and looked up towards the couple. "It's okay Eliza." Y/N spoke, despite the fact she so desperately wanted to finish the delicious pancakes. The two broke their stare, eyes on her. "We can talk now, if that's what works best for you, Alexander."

Everyone at the table picked up the first name basis Y/N had with the Secretary of Treasury. Eliza shifted in her seat, knowing the pair were definitely hiding something.

Aware that no one else was going to speak, Y/N thanked Eliza profusely for the breakfast and followed Hamilton to his office. Letting the door slam loudly behind her. She crossed her arms as he continued to walk and plop down in his desk chair.

"Did you have to make a scene?"

Alexander scoffed and put his feet up onto his desk. "That was hardly a scene. Eliza knows something is up, she's just unsure as to what. It's been like that all week, today is just the first time there's been tension in front of the kids."

"We need to fix this." Y/N said softly, calming her temper and sitting in the chair across from him.

"I know." The tired man ran a hand down his face. "What do you got, kid?"

Y/N smiled softly at his question. "You need to start by telling your family."

"No-"

"Yes." Y/N cut him off with no issue, speaking sternly. "I know you wish to reveal to the public your scandal.  Which is smart—exposing yourself before your enemies can— but imagine the heartbreak your family will feel. You need to tell them personally, not through an article, or whatever you decide to publish."

Alexander shook his head as she said each word. He could not face the woman he loves and tell her that he cheated. None the less, continued to do so even after her return and paid Maria's husband just so he can do so. Never before had Alexander felt so stupid, so regretful of his actions. The worry lines on his face had deepened tremendously, the bags under his eyes carried more bags. But the worst was more than just his appearance, it was the feeling. The gut clenching guilt he carried in his heart every time he looked at her. How could he stare the most perfect woman in the eye and tell her what he'd done?

"I can't." He finally spoke, flinching once his voice cracked.

"It is the first step in a series of many to make this right. Yes, Eliza is going to be pissed and heartbroken. But it will be much better than hearing it through anything else but you. Then, we can deal will Jefferson and Mr. Reynolds."

Hamilton inspected her words, knowing undeniably every single one was right. Y/N carried more wisdom and maturity then she knew.

"Why are you here? Why are you helping me?" Alexander said.

"Stop changing the subject! You know why I'm here, we went over this. I am trying to help you, Alexander." Y/N rose in her seat without noticing.

"No, Y/N." Alex mocked. "You are here strictly because you have nothing better to do with your pathetic life. I do not need the help or pity from an orphan who thinks she knows what's best for me. If anything you are the one who needs help, not me. I can handle my own problems. Maybe you should handle your own!" Hamilton was standing by the end, knowing fully he had raised his voice drastically. He looked down at the 16 year old, just in time to see the single tear fall down her face.

His heart dropped and face softened instantly. There he went again, acting without thought and hurting someone he cared about. Hamilton knew unquestionably that he was the one at fault, that he had made the huge mistake. But, there he stood, insulting the single person who had tried to help him. Never more did he understand the phrase your actions have consequences. Y/N didn't wipe the tears that followed the first, making Alexander's heart break more.

"You know you're right." She sniffed, more tears following the next. "I am a helpless, broken, orphan and I try to hide that but it seems you know everything. I should just go back to my old foster family!" She shouted. "Yeah. I'll go back and this time I'll just let them hit me!" Y/N's voice cracked and quieted at the end of her sentence.

Out of everything Alexander had ever done, and he had cheated on his wife on several occasions. But even including that, never had Alexander felt more guilt than he had now staring at the shattered girl below him. He had no courage to reply, the impact of her last sentence too great.

"You know, you are impeccable, Alexander Hamilton. You do everything without imperfection." With no emotion in her voice whatsoever Y/N finished.

"Just do whatever you want."

And without another word she stood up and made her exit, quickly before any more tears could escape. Hamilton watched with heavy eyes as she walked away, the door closing behind her. He exhaled and slammed his fist into his desk, sitting down and letting a few tears of his own leave his eyes.

///

Y/N stormed out of Alexander's office still trying to process what had just happened. She felt dizzy trying to go over the situation in her mind and held onto the wall to keep her balance, letting several small sobs escape her lips while doing so.

Philip was the first to hear her whimpers and ran downstairs to find her barely able to stand. Concern filling his eyes immediately, he ran to her aid, letting her fall into his arms.

Y/N sobbed into the neck of his sweatshirt as he rubbed her back, whispering multiple encouraging things in her ear. He knew now was not the time to ask what was wrong. Simply watching her fall apart in front of him was enough to know that his father had done something.

Eliza and Angie rushed into the hallway moments later to find that Y/N had called down, but was still shaking and not speaking. Scooping her small figure into his arms, Philip carried her to his room, nodding to his mother on the way. She knew he would care for her.

"Angie will you return to your room please? And, oh- bring the boys with you too. I need to speak to your father alone." Eliza said softly knowing her daughter would comply without issue.

"Sure." Angie nodded and walked away without question.

With a deep breath Eliza walked into the office her husband had spent most nights in. Alexander's head immediately shot up at the sound of the door, and he wiped his tears hastily.

"What did you say to Y/N to make her cry like that?" She whispered, the sound of the teen's sobs ran through her head. And all she could feel was shock that her husband had caused whatever sadness Y/N was feeling. But at the same time Eliza Hamilton had never been more perplexed in her entire life. Although she was too blinded by anger to question it,  why had Alex needed to speak with Y/N a second time when all she was doing was interviewing him?

She watched her husband's face meticulously, as he very clearly was having an argument in his mind. It was only after a moment of thought he spoke.

"My dearest, there is something I have to tell you."

///

Y/N had never had a good cry in her life. Actually, she never had a lot of good anything in her life. Never had she gotten a time to sit down and just let it out. And although it may not have been the most appropriate location to do so, Y/N cried into Philip's arms. The rest of the world was a blur around her as she contemplated just how pathetic her life was. Just as Hamilton said.

The crying had slowed to a minimal, and embarrassment immediately set in. She had never shed tears in front of anyone before. Philip probably thought her a baby. This trip was full of new experiences. Once Y/N had calmed down enough she immediately started apologizing, looking at the tear stains on Philip's sweatshirt.

"I'm so sorry, this is so stupid." She found her way out of Philip's comforting arms. "I should just go, I'm no help here." She stood up and grabbed her purse and umbrella from beside the door of his room.

"Y/N, it's still raining. You know you can't leave."

The teenage girl spun around.

"And you never told me what you were actually here for."

"I know but it's not my place to say. I can't take that confession from your father no matter how much he refuses. Just know I tried helping him, and he turned me down my insulting me."

"What did he say to you?" He murmured, the concern possibly shining brighter in his eyes. As if, the freckled boy were to cry himself. Y/N could not help but to collapse her walls at Philip's state. With a shake of her head she put down her belongings and sat next to him on the bed.

"He said I had a pathetic life. And stuff along the lines of he doesn't need me." She sniffed. "And it sounds really stupid now, but it triggered something in me and it really hurt."

"I'll kill him."

Y/N put a hand on his shoulder. "Philip, he means well-"

"No! You can't sit here and defend him after he insulted you-"

"Stop." She said street, guiding him to sit back down, for in his anger he stood. "You're starting to sound like an over protective boyfriend, Freckles." She chuckled. He slipped a smile at her words and brought her in tight for a hug.

"As long as you're alright." He murmured.

"Of course I'm alright." Y/N have him another squeeze and released the hug. Unsure of what to say afterwards, the two sort of stared at each other. Not awkwardly, no, more a stare of full admiration. Maybe even lust, which was entirely unknown to the both of them. Distracted in the moment, neither of realized how close they were. So close, that Y/N could see every freckle plastered on his face, and his own breath on her lips.

"Philip?!"

The couple broke apart faster than a speeding bullet, right as Eliza opened the door. Y/N instantly forgot about their almost kiss. By taking one look at the woman anyone would know something was wrong. Her hair that was secured in a low ponytail was slightly more frizzed than previously, as if she was running her hands through it. The small amount of mascara she wore daily was poorly rubbed off her cheeks.

"Mom?" Philip furred his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

When Eliza made eye contact with Y/N, she couldn't conceal her guilty face. Tears already threatening to fall.

Alexander told her.

"Your father and I are going to explain everything downstairs." Eliza broke the eye contact with Y/N. "Just know everything will be okay."

Philip's scared expression made Y/N want to hug him right there. Hug him and tell him everything was okay like he did to her. But instead Eliza eyes met hers once more.

"Y/N you are welcome to join us."

"Yes ma'am." Y/N spoke, resorting to the polite manner she used when she first met the Hamilton's. Y/N felt as if she didn't deserve to be on first name basis with the woman. Eliza should be mad at her.

Philip didn't speak as they walked down the stairs after his mother. Y/N did not urge him to either.

There sat at the large dinning table was the entire Hamilton family, with Alexander at the head. It seemed even Alex Jr. and James were called home from their sleepover— the only members of the family Y/N had yet to meet. Only baby William wasn't present, he wouldn't understand the situation anyway.

Y/N sat down in the last empty seat beside Philip, and held his hand once his father started speaking. Everyone was silent as Alexander spoke, soaking in every word. He started from the beginning, from when Maria approached him. Then to where Mr. Reynolds came in, and eventually Y/N herself, with the pickpocketed file. Hamilton spoke highly of her, calling the teen multiple times his hero. He told his family all the lies she had against them, about Y/N's past and goals.

"And I am so so sorry." Alexander finished, finally meeting the eyes of the people he loved. He gazed across the table, his eyes taking individual time to stare at each of his children. And when his deep brown eyes met Y/N's he faltered.

"You did the right thing." She mouthed, smiling at him gently.

"But it was entirely Y/N who pushed me to tell you all personally. I know what I did was wrong, and I'm not expecting forgiveness right away."

Everyone looked towards him, still in dismay and unsure of what to say. Even 6 years old John who, didn't understand everything entirely, knew his father had done wrong.

\\\

The rest of the night was a weird one. Everyone retreated to their rooms, and no one returned even for dinner. Everyone was mourning the situation in their own way. It was true everyone was angry, and ashamed that that man was their father. It would be that for a while. Each of his children would probably lash out at him on their own time.

But then there was Y/N who had never felt more out of place— and she lives by herself. Quietly grabbing her things and opening her umbrella she opened the door to make her exit.

"Y/N, wait."

Y/N sighed and turned around, closing the door to stop rain from entering. Eliza's form stood behind her.

"Where will you go?"

"Back to my old life. My apartment—if I haven't gotten kicked out, and my life pickpocketing. I can manage on my own."

"I never said you couldn't." Eliza murmured.

"I've done my job, Alex did what was right. I know it's not what anyone wanted to hear but he had to admit it. Even his career will be damaged once it goes public."

"So you're telling me you're ready to walk away, from us, from Philip because you've finished your job?"

Y/N sighed. Eliza was right. She wanted nothing more than to stay and help Philip through what he was feeling. "No."

"Then stay."

Y/N mouth opened slightly.

"You have a home here. I cannot stand here and watch you retreat to an awful life. You've helped this family in more ways than I can count. It's our turn to help you."

"If you insist." Y/N grinned, running into the sweet woman's arms.

Two Months Later

Philip grinned as he kneeled above Y/N's sleeping figure, pillow in hand. He held no hesitation in bringing it down on her face in a firm smack.

"Wake up!"

Y/N mumbled a lot of complaints before she opened her eyes. Taking in the sight of Philip with his pillow at arm, she ripped it out of his hand and hit him right in the face with it. He pretended to be hurt, to which Y/N held no pity.

"What time is it?" She asked the boy above her.

"10:00 sleepy head." He brought his face closer to hers and stole a peck on the lips.

5 obnoxious knocks pounded on the door, Philip let Y/N free and they both stood up.

"Stop making out in there and come eat breakfast!" Angie shouted, making the couple grin at each other. Hand in hand they walked down stairs, practically beaming just from happiness. Their relationship had started a week prior and let's just say, nobody was mad about it. After the Reynolds Pamphlet drama died down, everyone was happy to see a joyful relationship created.

"I made your guy's favorite." Eliza spoke once they arrived downstairs, referring to to Philip and Y/N. "Pancakes!"

Y/N gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Sounds wonderful."

They all sat down and Y/N fed William small bites of pancakes as he clapped his hands to something on the TV above them. Alexander joined the buzzing family moments later, stealing a kiss from Eliza and placing one on William's bald head.

Just as she was about to place another bite of food in the child's mouth, Philip dived in and bit it right off of the fork.

"Philip!" She smacked him on the head. "That's for Will!"

"I know." He winked. "But now it's mine." Philip opened his mouth to show the chewed up pancakes. Y/N covered her eyes instantly.

"You're so gross!"

"You're relationship is gross." 10 year old James said, sticking out his tongue. Y/N rolled her eyes at his behavior, smirking nonetheless.

"It was your mother, James, who approved of them sharing a room." It was Alexander who spoke, looking towards his wife.

"They have separate beds!" She defended herself, siting down to join the family. They ate in silence besides the occasional coo from William when he got a bite of pancake. Y/N smiled at the boy.

"William is adorable, Eliza. You should have another." The teen spoke.

"I think we have enough." Hamilton chuckled, eyeing his children.

"Well actually.." Eliza started, causing Y/N's jaw to drop and Alexander to drop his fork.

"I'm pregnant." She did a small cheer with her hands, and Angie squealed.

"You've got to be kidding me." Hamilton said, running a hand down his face.

\\\

A/N: AND THATS A WRAP ON THIS FIVE PART SERIES! I hope you followed along and enjoyed this story, I'm so proud of it and had SO much fun writing it. Leave you thoughts in the comments!

When I truly enjoy writing chapters, it shows. Hence why this series was so well written and long!

Make sure to star ⭐️ if you want me to keep writing more series like this. They're a lot of fun!

Love you all ❤️

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 13.7K 38
❝THE FEELINGS MUTUAL, SUNSHINE.❞ ☼ Highest Ranking: #238 in Fanfiction ☼
46.4K 1.4K 16
You met Lin at "Hamilton" auditions, and since then, you've had a huge crush at him. Then, you're introduced to your best friend's new boyfriend... a...
132K 1.8K 54
A book of Johnny Orlando imagines!! Highest rankings: #23 - johnnyorlando #1 - orlando, jvoimagines, johnnyvincentorlando, jvo & johnnyosings #39 - j...
36.9K 457 16
A collection of hamilton characters x reader imagines