Beatrix

Od flawsomek

Since the age of ten, Beatrix Delaney has suffered from depression, negligence, and pain. Her parents aren't... Více

ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
¿Q U E S T I O N S?
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TTML~ONE/TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
SURPRISE🥴
NOW PUBLISHED! GO READ
GOOD NEWS
REST IN PARADISE🕊❤️

TWO

24.2K 1K 3.5K
Od flawsomek

"Lil bit!" The deep voice called out. Beatrix thought the voice would stop if she ignored it and kept walking. Instead, the voice followed her and caught up with her.

"Go ahead and kill me," she mumbled with her eyes close. "Do it."

"Damn lil bit. Who the fuck did this to you?"

Beatrix furrowed her eyebrows and opened her working eye. "Leave me alone."

"I'm tryna help yo half dead ass and you talm bout leave you alone?" Zane frowned. He observed all the blood and bruises she had then his eyes traveled on the bag. She quickly put it behind her back.

"What's in that?" Zane asked pointing at the bag.

"Food," she lied and gripped the bag tighter.

"I'm not gonna take yo food so stop holding it for dear life," he chuckled. "Why you in this alley anyway? You housekeep at night?"

She gave him a confused look. "I don't housekeep."

"Then what was you doing at Prince sister house?"

"I live there...well I used too," she mumbled. "It was nice seeing you but I have somewhere happy and quick I need to be."

"Who did this to you?" Zane frowned.

"It doesn't matter," she shrugged and tried limping away but he pulled her arm making her razors and pills fall out the bag. He looked down at them and furrowed his eyebrows.

She quickly picked up and tried passing him but blocked her. "Are you tryna commit suicide?"

She started crying again and dropped her head. He brought her into his warm embrace and for the first time in a long time she felt secured.

"You gone stay with me for awhile," Zane said.

•••

For a twenty year old, Zane was living lavish. He stayed in a decent apartment that had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. He had a spiral staircase and his decor was black and yellow.

Beatrix felt way too comfortable with Zane and started pouring her little heart out to him as he cleaned her bruises.

"My mother died in a fire and father is serving life. Ginger and Princeton are my niece and nephew. Nobody wanted to take me in, but Ginger. She needed the benefits and my monthly checks. So for seven years I've been beaten and mistreated and I'm sick of it...if I killed myself nobody would care but my father. He'd probably be the only one at my funeral," she boohooed.

He listened to her and it made him feel bad. The only thing he would do is rub his chin beard or shake his head. "Why they treating you like this?"

"That, I don't know. But they always said I was weird or off."

"That's fucked up," he mumbled. "Imma talk to that nigga Prince."

"No!" Beatrix stopped. "He's the reason I got beat. If you tell him, Ginger is going to come after—you know what...I gotta go."

She hopped out of his bed and opened his door only for him to close it. "Lil bit what are you doing? You ain't leaving into you get those thoughts out yo head."

"I live there and all my things are there," she cried. "If I don't go home, the police are going to get involve and knowing her she's going to lie on me."

Zane thought about it for a minute. "Imma take you over there, but only to get your stuff. I'm gonna talk to that broad."

•••

"Why the hell you putting your hands on that lil girl?" Zane asked calmly.

Ginger was a little frightened and fully turned on. "S-she was being disrespectful. She messed up my house because she was mad I didn't take ha ass with me."

"She left at five and it was a party thrown over here. What are you talking about?" He frowned. "You just wanna beat her. For what though?"

"I don't like her," she shrugged. "She's the reason my granny died and every nigga I meet always worried about her like they wanna fuck her."

"Well you ain't gotta put up with her no more. She gone stay with me until she graduate. You can keep the checks and benefits or whatever," he shrugged. "I'll take care of her."

"Uh uh!" She remarked. "Who gone clean my house and cook my food? She staying here with me."

"If I didn't find her in that fucking alley she wouldn't be staying on earth period!" He snapped. "You need to get yo priority straight. She ain't yo damn slave. Now you know me and you know I got dirty cops. Don't make me hit they line up."

Ginger stepped back and then she started crying. Beatrix slowly walk over with her three bags.

Zane snatched while giving Ginger evil glares. Beatrix went to the car quickly.

•••
T H E N E X T D AY

"Zane," Beatrix whispered while shaking his shoulder. "Zannnnneee."

He stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. She shook his head and called his name louder but it was still soft. "Zane!"

He furrowed his eyebrows and his eyes fluttered over to Beatrix. Her swelling was going down and she was still looking beautiful. Her caramel skin was kissed by the sunlight. She wore a floral flare dress and some white hard bottoms. Her wavy hair was placed in a halo braid.

"What do you want," he mumbled in a raspy voice. "Don't wake me up out my damn sleep."

"I'm sorry but I just wanted to see if I'm allowed in your kitchen," she said softly.

He fluffed his pillow and plopped his head back down. "You woke me up because of that?"

"Yes I'm not allowed in other people's kitchen unless I ask."

"Do you...I don't care," he yawned waving her off. She rolled her eyes at him because he had an attitude in the morning.

She made her way into his small kitchen and went right into the refrigerator. She grabbed his eggs, bacon, butter, and pancake mix. She grabbed her seasons and went to it.

The smell of the food woke Zane back up. He made his way inside the kitchen and saw Beatrix eating. He was about to fuss about her not fixing him anything, but he look over at his plate, which she filled with food.

He smiled and brought his plate over to the table. She stole looks looks at him while he devoured his food. She realized how attractive the guy was plus his generosity.

Beatrix cleared her throat. "Since I'm staying with you, do you have any rules I need to abide by?"

He wiped his mouth. "Yeah...clean up behind yourself, not me. Don't touch anything in my room or that is secured. No roaming off and tell me where you go before going. No niggas, and tell me what female gone be here. When I have lady friends over, don't cockblock."

She rolled her eyes at the last part and got up with her plate. "Are you finish?"

He jerked his head back. "No nasty attitude either lil girl."

"I wasn't," she frowned. "I was asking if you were finish with your plate so I can wash it."

He was a little embarrassed. "Oh, well...didn't I say clean up behind yourself not me."

Beatrix sighed and went back to the kitchen to wash her dish. She froze when Zane reached over her and grab the dish washing liquid from the cabinet. She quickly scrubbed her dish and went to her room.

She laid in the twin size bed and got on her phone. She had messages from Prince, Dynasty, and Ginger.

Ginger: I can't believe yo hot ass. When that nigga leave you out on the streets once he find out about your little attitude, don't be tryna come back over here. @1:34AM

Prince: you tried to kill yourself? Why would you even do that? @9:21AM

Dynasty: answer your phone bee. Is it true? The streets are talking. @10:45AM

Beatrix sighed and laid on her back. She looked at the stars placed on the ceiling. She figured he had a child but never had he brought it up. She drifted off in her thoughts.

She wanted to be a lot of things. She wanted to sing and draw. She wanted to be an entrepreneur. She wanted her father to get out of jail and live happy again. Beatrix wanted to make it out of Michigan and be a star. She seen how guys drool over the big booty and big breast girls in her neighborhood. She wished she had all that, but she had to appreciate what god gave her.

"When school start back?" Zane asked interrupting her thoughts. She swung her head in his direction and glared at him. He was bold for coming in with a towel wrapped around his lower half.

"Two weeks from now," she sighed and tried to drift back off.

"Well you need some new clothes," he said. "Imma send my girl over to pick you up and take you to get some clothes."

"Thank you, Zane," she dismissed. She heard him snickering so she mocked him. "I can't help the way my voice sounds."

"Why you talk like that?" Zane smiled while taking a seat beside her on the bed. She scooted over nervously.

"I talk over my larynx so it makes my voice sound like a baby, but when I sing I sound normal," she explained.

He looked at her in interest. "Sing then."

She hesitated but did as told. She cleared her throat before doing so.

🎶Take care of me...
Talk all day then at night, fall in deep🎶

He furrowed his eyebrows then smirked. "The fuck? Damn you gifted."

She giggled and hid her face. That's when she realized she was uncomfortable with him being half naked on her bed. "May you put on some clothes please?"

He licked his lips and nodded. When he got up, he gave her a once over and shook his head. She was really pretty but got treated like she was dirt. He felt like her family was just jealous of her looks. Ginger never bought her anything and abuse her because she wanted to stay on top.

His phone started ringing while he thought about Beatrix as he changed in the bathroom. "What's good?"

"Bebe with you, if so bring her over to my crib," Prince answered.

"Man, she ain't staying with none of y'all evil ass. She staying with me," Zane said. "I thought you said she was yo sister housekeeper."

"You would lie too if she was family. Would you want a nigga fucking with yo family?" He shot back. "Bring her over or I'll come get her."

"She ain't gone be here," he shrugged. "Why do you want her anyways. To mistreat her and dog her in front of everybody?"

"Nigga why do you care about her? She ain't shit but a teenage girl and you twenty three. You tryna fuck or some?"

Instead going back and forth, Zane hung up. He didn't want to hear shit he had to say. He heard yelling and door slamming so he just knew his baby mother was with the shits today.

"Zane! Who the fuck was that stick ass bitch in Ziyana room!" Reagan, Zane's baby momma, yelled while storming in his room. "What I tell you about hoes being here!"

Zane furrowed his eyebrows. "The fuck you mean was?"

"Nigga I kicked her dusty ass out," she shrugged.

B🌻E🌻A🌻T🌻R🌻I🌻X

Beatrix sighed and caught her bags that was thrown at her by Reagan. She stayed there for a minute and then left. She pulled out her phone and called Dynasty who picked up on the first ring.

"Where are you?!"

"Pick me up at Ocean Parks," she said lowly.

She walked down the steps and waited on the bench. She fiddled with her fingers until Dynasty's car pulled up.

Beatrix looked up at Zane who was calling her name and shook her head. She hopped inside her car and Dynasty took off.

"You know my father stayed up all night praying for you and my mother was balling her fucking eyes out!" Dynasty lashed out. "Was you doing this for attention?!"

Beatrix rested her head and looked out the window. She couldn't get rid of that tired feeling. It felt like she was just done with everything. She was there but her mind wasn't.

"Beatrix do you hear me?!"

She nodded and closed her eyes as Dynasty nagged. I guess she didn't know that you don't suppose to talk to a person like that who was having suicidal thoughts.

Dynasty finally stopped when she realized the bruises on her face and body. "Who did that to you?"

"You know who did this to me so don't even do that," she mumbled.

"I know Ginger ain't do it. She might get on yo ass but she'll never do that," she denied. "Are you lying for a nigga?"

Beatrix looked up at her and squinted. "Stop the car and let me out."

"Bullshit," Dynasty chuckled. "We in the middle of nowhere."

"I don't care!" She lashed out. "You don't care! Let me out now or I'll hop out while this car is moving!"

Dynasty sighed. "You're fucking weird. Imma tell my daddy I can't be nice to you anymore. Shit is dead."

Beatrix shrugged with an attitude and got out. She knew Dynasty was force to hang out with her. She began to walk back to Zane apartment, knowing it was about to be far.

She was in luck, Zane's yellow Lamborghini Urus pulled up to her. She didn't bother looking at who it might be though. She kept walking and humming a gospel song.

"Lil bit!" Zane yelled. "Get in the car!"

Beatrix furrowed her eyebrows and turned around. Her face softened and she looked at him with watery eyes.

"Who did you get in the car with?" Zane asked as she got in the car.

"This girl from church," she mumbled. "Zane I'm not going back to your house for your mother to throw me out again."

Ziyanna got offended. "That's my mother. What you tryna say lil girl?"

Beatrix didn't realize the five year old in the back. Ziyanna had the same complexion as her father with long sandy brown hair and hazel eyes. She had her hair braided into two long ponytails and pinks beads at the end. She had on a pink Ralph Lauren polo dress with some clear jelly sandals. Beatrix knew she was bougie due to her wearing her heart shaped sunglasses and a ring on each finger with her legs crossed.

"Oh I'm sorry," Beatrix said nervously and turned around in her seat.

"What I tell you about that mouth of yours, Ziyanna Marie Allen?" Zane said sternly.

"Sorry daddy," she mumbled and dropped her head.

He sighed and looked to see Beatrix reaction. She just picked at her fingertips and tuned them out.

"Excuse my daughter," he said. "She can be snappy like her mother sometimes."

"I'm sorry I just thought she was your mother. I should've said lady," she said.

"You straight," he shrugged.

"Daddy who is this girl?" Ziyanna said in disgust. She thought Beatrix was weird and ugly. She had no type of fashion at all.

"She a friend that's gone be staying with me for a while, are we gonna have any problems?"

"No sir," she smirked. "How you think Joncia gone feel?"

"You gone have to stay with me a lot," he chuckled. "You being messy just like your mother.....Joncia ain't gone feel nothing because she know about Beatrix."

"Who?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.

"Her name is Beatrix, but you can call her Lil bit," he said.

"Humph, can I call her Trix?"

"Don't be smart."

•••

They were back at the apartment and Ziyanna didn't allow Beatrix in her room so she had crashed in the den. She didn't mind Ziyanna because Ginger's twins both acted the same way as her.

She watched Teen Titans Go, which was her favorite show. Zane had went upstairs to take a nap since he was off today. She just chilled until she heard a knock on the door.

She was about to get Zane but he said not to wake him up. The knocking continued so she got up and headed for the door. When she opened it, a pretty Hispanic girl stood. She was thick and taller than Beatrix. She had on a lace bralette and red jeans with some high heels. Her thick hair was in a slick ponytail to the side.

Beatrix was glaring at the girl in admiration but sadly the girl wasn't at her. She thought Beatrix was ugly because of her grandma attire and how skinny she was. Let's not forget the bruises. She felt like if you didn't have a fat ass and big breast you were nothing, especially if you didn't dress fashionably.

"Umm, who are you little girl?" The girl pointed at Beatrix in disgust.

Ziyanna pushed Beatrix out the way and hugged the lady. "Hey Perla!"

"Hey Bonita," Perla smiled. "Who is that?"

"I don't know," Ziyanna said waving her off. "She basic so ion fuck wit'a."

Perla laughed and rudely pushed pass Beatrix to sit down. Ziyanna threw her bags off the couch to sit down.

Beatrix sighed and picked her bags up from the floor. She had put it in the closet and sat at the table since she didn't want to intrude. She drew in her notebook to kill time.

Zane came down shortly and frowned when he saw Perla and Ziyanna playing. "What you doing here?"

Perla looked up at him and smirked. "I came to see you."

"Yeah? Why you ain't inform a nigga?" He asked.

"I didn't think I had too," she shrugged. "And who is that poor looking girl. Your sister?"

"If she was my sister I wanna been kick yo ass out for talking down on her like that."

She sucked her teeth and walked over to hug him. "I'm sorry baby."

"Stop doing that and my daughter right there," he said in her ear. She tried kissing him when Beatrix walked in but he smoothly turned his head. "Don't act different."

He walked into the kitchen and Perla grimaced at Beatrix. "So who is that?"

"Don't worry about it," he shrugged. "Is she bothering you?"

"Uh yea with that 1935 ass dress on," she joked. "If that's one of your hoes then you should do better."

He snapped his head in her direction. "Say one more fucking thing about her and watch how fast I throw yo ass out."

She frowned and stormed out the kitchen. "I'm leaving....you're so grosero."

"Shit, I didn't ask you come yo ass over here in the first place," he shrugged and drunk his beer.

When Perla left, he picked up Ziyanna and sat her on his lap. They talked about any and everything. Ziyanna was his best friend.

"Where Lil bit?" Zane asked.

Ziyanna rolled her eyes. "She's outside on the phone."

Zane furrowed his eyebrows. "Get up right quick."

He pulled his sweats up and made his way outside quietly.

"Yeah I'm okay. I'm just ready to graduate so I can be something and get out of Michigan...of course I'm going to visit you and I most definitely will keep in touch with you. Hopefully I'll make a lot of money when they decide to open your case back up....please don't do that, let god deal with them...really? it feels like we only talked for three minutes...alright I'm going to visit you soon." Beatrix ended her phone call and turned around to a mad Zane.

"Who the fuck was that?" He frowned.

She placed her hands on her hips and looked at him sideways. "Do you pay my phone bill?"

One thing he hated was a nasty attitude, especially if he's doing you any favors. He snatched her phone and threw it over the balcony. She watched as the car ran it over.

She looked at him with a crazed expression. "You're gonna make my father break out of jail if I don't answer his call! What is wrong with you?!"

"Well you need to chill with the attitude," he shrugged.

She sighed and walked back inside the house. She knew Zane was too good to be true. That nice guy act flew out the window.

Ziyanna sized Beatrix up in disgust and scoffed. "You know my daddy would never be with a girl like you. I don't see why he even got you staying here, but that all is going to change because—."

"Because I'm leaving," Beatrix finished while grabbing her bags. "You don't have to worry about me staying here anymore."

She made her way to the door but Zane blocked her. "Stop acting like a child. I'll buy you a new phone. You acting like you bout to die over that small ass minute phone."

"Move out my way," she mumbled.

"You ain't got nowhere to go, so you might as well sit down."

"I have to go to work," she said.

He twisted his mouth to the side and cocked his head to the side. "Where you work at then? I'll take you."

"I'm a baby sitter and she lives close, so I'll just walk," she said. "Now excuse me."

"Knucklehead go put yo shoes on so we can take Lil bit crazy ass to work."

"When we drop her off, can we go shopping?" she smiled putting her shoes on.

He nodded and put his slides on his feet. Beatrix folded her arms and watched as they both approached her. Zane swapped her hands. "Girl lose the attitude."

Moments later, they made it to April's house. Zane thought the house look real familiar.

"I'll be ready at ten," she said getting out.

He nodded and waited till she got in. He raised his eyebrow when he seen April. "Poppy?"

•••

"You didn't have to beat her like that," Everly said. "I don't like broad but I would never put my hands on her."

"You the reason she act like that, ma," West mugged Ginger. "I don't even understand why y'all treat her so bad. She wasn't the one who lit the match and killed Gigi."

"First of all, that bitch visit her father—." Ginger started.

"So!" Prince retorted. "Our dad use to beat on moms but you still talk to his hoe ass!"

"Y'all need to watch y'all mouths," Everly sighed.

"Let me tell it, all y'all in the wrong. Momma you raised us to be hatred towards Bebe, for what? She didn't ask to be in this world and get mistreated. I've come to my senses and I'm starting to become a real man. Yeah, I kept my distance and mugged her every time I seen her but now I know that she doesn't deserve any of this. Ginger you jealous as fuck and Prince you fake as fuck. I didn't raise you to be like that but momma did. You genuinely like Bebe but you like to dog her in front of yo friends because you know she won't do anything. If y'all don't like her, don't be around her. Instead of taking her in, y'all should've put her in an orphanage or some shit."

They were quiet for a minute. West always made them feel bad. He was mean and blunt about everything. He didn't care if he hurt their feelings, he wanted them to feel like shit. He simply got up and left.

"He right," Everly cried. "I should've raised y'all better than that. Shit, I should've raised my lil sister better."

Ginger was beyond hurt. Sadly, it wasn't because she mistreated Beatrix but because her mother was crying. She loved her mother dearly.

Prince scoffed and left. He did take in what his brother said though. She wouldn't answer her phone, but he knew she was with Zane. He didn't like Zane but that was who he worked with. That was West's right hand man.

Prince was gonna let West know wussup with him.

•••

"ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTUV...WX...Y and Z. Now I know my ABC's, next time want you sing with me," Beatrix and Axel sang then cheered.

"You ready to take a bath?" Beatrix smiled while picking him up. He was almost bigger than her but she still felt the need to hold him.

"Uhn huh," he nodded.

She grabbed his pajamas and headed to the bathroom. She watched him wash off and sometimes helped him. She had flashbacks of when her mother used to do the same thing.

Faith's smile was the image that kept Beatrix going. Her running in the field of sunflowers in her sun dress and bare feet.

"Mantente al día, Bebe," Faith giggled. "Your father is coming, vámanos!"

Beatrix tried her hardest to run but her father picked her up from behind and showered her with kisses. "Gotcha!"

Faith laughed and walked over and stole a kiss. Her smile and laugh gave you heaven on earth. She was beautiful in every way. She had commitment issues but you couldn't lie like she didn't bring you happiness.

"Beatrix," Faith smiled. Faith repeatedly called her name until her thoughts faded.

"Beatrix," Kace said tapping on her. She was startled and quickly looked up at him. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," she said and looked down at Axel who had fell asleep in her arms while wrapped in a towel.

Kace grabbed Axel away and smiled. "There's a yellow truck waiting for you outside."

How long was I out? She thought. She knew it wasn't good to drift off like that. She could've left Axel in the tub to drown.

"Alright," she said standing up. "I'm sorry I didn't put his clothes on and in his his bed."

"Oh you have nothing to be sorry about," he smiled. "Wait a minute so I can give you your weekly check."

She nodded and packed her books up. After Kace put Axel to bed, he took out his wallet and pulled out two one-hundred-dollar bills. "Here."

She stuck it in her backpack. "Thank you, Mr. Holman."

"You're welcome," he said. "Oh and you don't have to work next week because we're going out of town."

She stopped but soon nodded. She didn't want to deal with Zane 24/7 nor Ziyanna.

She sighed making her way into Zane's truck. She didn't bother speaking, which gave Zane a reason to argue.

"So you telling me you lost all yo damn manners," he nagged. "A quick hey or thank you daddy or some would be nice."

She look at him like he had loss his mind. "Why are you trying to start with me?"

"I'm just saying. You need to learn some damn manners. Ion even recall you saying thanks for letting you stay with me."

"Thank you, Zane," she said waving him off. "Happy?"

"No, I don't hear the passion in your voice. I need a little more feeling. Give me Shakespeare....shit."

She started cracking up from that statement. He didn't understand why she was so tickled to the point she had tears in her eyes. He only smiled and handed her a Sprint bag.

"What's this?" She chuckled trying to stop laughing. She opened it and saw that it was an iPhone 8 Plus. "You got me a phone?"

"Yeah I apologize for doing that to yo ugly ass phone," he shrugged.

"Well, thank you," she said smartly and flipped the phone back and forth. "How do you even work this thing?"

"I'll show you when we get home," he said.

45 minutes later...

"Stop," Beatrix whined as she reached over to get her phone.

"Nope," Zane smirked. "You keep ignoring me."

Reaching for her phone, she accidentally pushed her hand on Zane's lower half while stretching her arm for her phone with the other.

"Ight chill," he said moving her hand and giving her phone back. She smiled and went back to downloading music.

He low key eyed her but he pushed the freaky thoughts out his head. She was really pretty and prettier when you got to know her. She had on one of Zane's Black Pyramid shirts that she wore as a night gown.

"Ziyanna sleep and I'm bout to roll out. You can crash in here but don't go roaming in my shit," he said. She nodded and bent over putting her phone on the charger, giving him a clear view of her white grandma underwear.

He snorted and shook his head. He couldn't believe he was turned on by her at first. She was super young and pure to be sexy. He didn't like younger girls anyway. They were too much to deal with. He liked women; grown women.

Reagan was the only older woman that worked his nerves. She was thirty three and still acted like she was in high school. She tried to fight every hoe that Zane messed with.

"What's funny?" Beatrix smiled and got under the covers.

He shrugged and put on his shoes. "Ian expecting nobody so don't answer the door."

She nodded and turned the lamp off.

•••
2 W E E K S L A T E R

Beatrix had met Joncia and she's been nothing but a breath of fresh air. Joncia was Zane's best friend. He was a little jealous of how close they got but he was too busy working in the streets.

They bought different types of designers clothing. Joncia took her to get pampered and get lash extensions. She even got a sew in and cried in pain the same night. Zane didn't know what to do. She got long nails to match her long Indian hair. She was really pretty just like she dreamed.

"Bebe you wanna go to the basketball tournament in Oakwood Heights?" Joncia asked. "Yo boo gone be there."

Beatrix smiled and looked over at her. "Who is my boo?"

"Enzo," she smiled. "Don't act like you don't remember his fine chocolate thug ass."

"I only met him once," she shrugged. "But...I would like to go to the tournament with you. I like basketball."

"We not going to watch basketball, we going to watch the niggas there."

Beatrix laughed at her. "Let me put on some clothes."

"Girl you good," she stopped. "Knowing you, you might put a dress and shit on and make me feel underdressed."

Joncia had on black tee shirt that was tied in a knot so it could be crop top and some red drawstring shorts. On her feet, were red retro 11s. Joncia was dark skin with dark plump lips that she always kept drowned in lip gloss. She was skinny and short like Beatrix, but had a big booty and the thighs to match.

Beatrix had on a Nike sports bra and some gray Nike Pro training shorts. The ones that were real tight and look like boxers. On her feet, were some comfortable white Air Max 90s. Her long Indian straight hair was in a low ponytail.

They exercise that afternoon since Beatrix was frail and wanted a bigger butt like Joncia.

"Okay let's go then," Beatrix shrugged and put on her reflective windbreaker.

The car ride was nice. They held up a decent conversation and listened to the music play.

When they pulled up, Beatrix sighed. She never wanted to be in this area again. It was crowded and full of kids, teens, and young adults. Beatrix couldn't help but to smell the barbecue and it made her mouth water.

"Girl I just realized I'm starving," Joncia said. Beatrix laughed and they both waited in the long line for the barbecue.

"Hey baby talk," a sexy ghetto voice said behind the two girls. They both turned around at the same time with a frown. Then they both softened up their frown. "Y'all twins or some shit?"

The laughed and shook their head. Joncia and Beatrix looked related and also act related even though they've known each other for two weeks.

"Hey Enzo," Joncia smiled. "My girl couldn't stop talking about you."

Beatrix snapped her head in her direction and Enzo smirked. He saw she had a fat cameltoe but had a small frame. She looked up at his tall frame noticing him eye fucking her. She smiled shyly and moved up in line.

"A nigga couldn't stop thinking about you either," he said in her ear making the hair on her neck stand up. He smelt so good and looked edible.

He was a brown skinned slim and tall eighteen year old with a few tattoos. He had waves and a crisp lineup. He was wearing a black polo shirt with the purple logo and some basketball shorts.

"Enzo don't get my lil sister fighting yo hoes out her," Joncia yapped. "Cuz we gone have a problem."

"Too bad I don't have no hoes," he smirked while snaking his arms around Beatrix's tiny waist. She gasped then blushed while looking at him.

Beatrix got a smoke sausage with barbecue and coleslaw on it with a sprite. Enzo volunteered to pay for both of their food and he sat with them on the bleachers.

"I like yo voice, fuck what them other hoes say," Enzo said waving it off. She did a cute giggle since she was still nervous.

As Enzo and Beatrix chopped it up, they didn't realize that they were being watched by two crazy and jealous niggas. Zane and West.

"Who is that nigga?" West growled while wiping the sweat that poured down his face. "He better step off."

"Man, I don't know who he is," Zane frowned and threw his shirt over his shoulder. "I'm just tryna figure out why she wearing that short as shit. She don't even like that."

"Look who she hanging with," West scoffed.

Zane sucked his teeth. "Chill on best friend, Ight? You just mad because she didn't let you fuck."

West laughed and pushed him. "Man fuck you. Yo baby moms didn't hesitate to bust that shit open for the kid."

Zane held a straight face then laughed. "Whatever nigga...let's go shut this little relationship down right quick."

They made their way over to Beatrix and everyone gave them a pathway. Beatrix looked up and sighed, knowing it couldn't be good. "I'll call you tonight, but can you leave?"

He looked up at the two buff guys and sized them up boldly before leaving. "Ight Beatrix...nice seeing you."

West did his infamous mug and turned his attention on Beatrix who looked at her long orange coffin shaped nails. He grabbed her chin and eyed her sternly.

"Stop talking to these goofy ass niggas," West said. She swapped his hands.

"I'm your auntie, don't be talking to me any kind of way," she laughed. West chuckled and sat beside her.

"You need to go home and put some clothes on," Zane frowned at her. Beatrix stopped smiling and rolled her eyes at Zane. "Who you rolling yo eyes at?" He raised his eyebrows and hiked his shorts up.

"Zane gone fuck yo ass up one of these days," West chuckled. "Wussup with you?"

She shrugged. "Nothing. I'm trying to meet new people and maybe find love but y'all don't want me to have that."

Zane laughed. "That nigga probably got kids and baby mama drama."

"All bullshit aside, You do need to go home because the sun going down," West said.

Joncia sucked her teeth. "She just got here. Leave her alone."

He sized her up in the disgust. "Was I talking to you? And if you must know, Bebe go to school tomorrow."

She waved him off and turned back talking to a guy. West only shook his head. "Take ha home. Shit, I'm going home myself."

"I feel you," Zane nodded and collapsed hands with him. "A nigga tired."

•••

"Uh uh!" Beatrix stopped Zane. "Go sleep on the couch."

He sucked his teeth. "Mane, I'm tired of sleep my big ass on that love seat ass couch. This is my bed and I fucking miss it."

She got up and headed for the door. "I don't have a problem crashing on the couch."

Zane sighed in irritation. "You can sleep in the bed if you want to. It's not like I'm tryna fuck or cuddle."

She thought about it and slowly walked back to her side of the bed. They both got under the covers and quickly fell asleep.

•••

Beatrix eyes fluttered and darted her eyes around the room. She found it difficult to move until she looked down at Zane snuggled up under her.

She rolled her eyes and nudged his head. "Zane get off me."

"Um um," he mumbled no sleepily.

She grabbed his head and made him open his eyes. "Zane look who you laying on."

He furrowed his eyebrows and blinked a few times. He wasn't shocked that he was under her, but he slowly moved.

She got up and stretched her aching body. She then went inside her drawer and grabbed something to wear after she take a shower.

After taking a shower in the guest bathroom, she took care of the rest of her hygiene and slipped in her clothes. She wore a flare peach midi dress with a light jean jacket and brown Micheal Kors slid-in sneakers.

She took out the pins in her hair, since she did pinup curls last night. She put coconut oil on her face to give it shine and she was ready to cook.

She cooked breakfast sandwiches. Waffles with cheese, syrup, eggs, and smoke sausage inside. She made one for herself and two for Zane since he was a big man.

They ate and Zane couldn't stop glaring at Beatrix. After him and West helped her get a new wardrobe, she looked like she was alive and happy now. He didn't understand why he got jealous if he saw her with a guy and he knew he would never mess with a seventeen year old. Then again, you might not know what type of joy a teenager would bring a older guy.

Fun Fact: Beatrix means bringer of joy😁

Beatrix felt his eyes on her so she looked up with a smile. He would've thought he'd stop staring, but it was like his eyes were glued on her.

"You gotta staring problem," she chuckled and got up from her seat to wash her dish. He licked his lips and got up to wash his dish as well.

She rolled her eyes when he reached over her to get the dishwashing liquid. This time, she felt his third leg press against her back. She didn't know what it was, so she shook it off.

"I need personal space," she mumbled and pushed him away. "Thank you."

"You look and sound like the sweetest person, but really feisty as hell," he mugged her. She just shrugged her shoulders and went inside their room.

He shortly came after, and took a shower. Beatrix left and went downstairs to watch cartoons.

He came downstairs and saw that Beatrix full attention was on the television. Her mouth was open and she was leaned over.

"Ayo, I'm ready," he nodded at her. She grabbed her backpack and followed him to his garage where his Lamborghini was safely placed.

The drive was quiet since Beatrix fell asleep on the armrest. Zane had stopped at a red light and looked over.

"Lil bit, get up...you gone mess yo hair up," he said moving her hair out the way. She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

They made it to the school house and Beatrix sighed. She was bullied so bad last year, she never wanted to come back.

"Who's picking me up," she yawned.

"I am," he said. "Either me or West."

She nodded and looked out the window. He furrowed his eyebrows. "You gone get out?"

She shook her head and started to cry. "I'm scared."

Zane clenched his jaw and looked the other way. He never wanted to see Beatrix cry again. "What you scared for, lil bit?"

"Of getting bullied like last year," she hiccuped and wiped her tears. "Things been going good for the past two weeks."

"Get out," he sighed getting out the truck. She hesitantly got out and he grabbed her hand leading her inside the building. Everyone made a pathway as they saw the mug on Zane's face.

He led her to home room and she stopped, so he gave her a gentle push. "Go inside. The day would be over before you know it."

She went inside and look back at him. He nodded at her. "Call or text me when you need to."

He rushed outside to see if someone was fucking with his truck. Gladly, everyone knew it was his and didn't mess with it. He got inside and took off. He had too much shit to do.

•••

"Yeah, she fucking Zane," a girl said to her friend in fourth period.

"Girl hell nawl. Zane don't even fuck with teenagers. He wouldn't even give me a chance and I know damn well he ain't giving her lil stick ass a chance. I look way better than her."

Beatrix felt like people talking about her was better than them jumping and pushing on her.

"Damn is that Beatrix," Dynasty whispered. Beatrix knew that annoying voice from anywhere so she rolled her eyes.

Dynasty made her way up to where Beatrix was sitting at. "I guess Ginger had a change of heart."

Beatrix looked up at her and was too afraid to roll her eyes so she just looked the other way.

"You still mad?" Dynasty chuckled. "Girl I was just frustrated with you. Ian mean to talk down on you like that."

Beatrix phone lit up and she looked at who it might be. Meanwhile, Dynasty held a confused expression. "You got a iPhone now?"

Beatrix smiled when she realized it was Enzo that texted her. Dynasty grew mad. She didn't like how her puppet wasn't entertaining her. She used Beatrix. Beatrix was very vulnerable and let people walk over her, but not this time.

"I don't know why you acting like you better than everybody Mighty Mouse," Dynasty said loudly and made everyone laugh. "You still a beat down bitch from the street that nobody fuck with."

"Out of my class now, young lady!" Mr. Grayson said sternly.

Beatrix eyes started to burn but she never shed a tear. She took a deep breath and just sat there. She didn't even bother texting Enzo back.

•••

"Nigga this four hundred dollars," Zane frowned. "Where's the rest?"

"Uh...Ian sell it yet," the young guy staggered.

"Ight," Zane nodded. "Give it to me, because it's a couple of people who I can sell it too."

"Ian got it on me right now," he said nervously.

Zane observed the teenager. He was shaking and had cotton mouth. His eyes were bloodshot red and his smell was deadly. "Say, you getting high on yo own supply?"

"N-n-no," he stuttered as he slowly backed up. "Listen...this bad ass bitch begged to suck my dick if I gave her a hit. She been doing it for a while and now I gotta pay her debt."

"Yeah, now you gotta pay my debt. Imma be back on this corner tonight and you better have my other six hundred."

"Thank you man," he sighed. "I gotchu."

"Mhm Whatever," Zane said getting in his car. He was on his way to visit his parents.

He was already in the area, so why not. He slowly drove into their neighborhood with his windows down. He was blasting NBA Youngboy and nodding his head to the beat.

"Hey Zaneee," a set of ghetto but sexy twins said. He licked his lips and made a mental note to scoop them up and have fun.

He pulled up into his parents driveway and got out. He missed his old house a lot. It was a two story blue house with a garage. He liked coming home to all the noise, so he can instigate.

He walked in and heard his parents arguing over nothing and it made him laugh. "What y'all fussing bout now?"

"Yo momma tripping dog," Roland sighed.

"Oh I'm tripping," Vicky chuckled. "So who ate my veggie burger, huh? Zane doesn't live her, Eshé doesn't live here, O'Shea is out of town, and Tatum doesn't like veggie burgers."

Vicky was a white lady with blue eyes. It's true, black don't crack, but Vicky didn't either. She was forty-four with blonde hair that was in a pixie cut. She was short and small but didn't take shit from nobody. That's why Roland married her, she always kept it real.

Roland was a dark skin masculine man. He was bald headed with a gray goatee. He was the same height as Zane and also built the same. Roland had a permanent straight face that intimidated a lot of people. He was actually the nicest but the meanest person you'll ever meet, if that make sense.

"Vicky," Roland sighed in irritation. "Do you want me to get you another one?"

"No," she said waving him off. She turned her attention on Zane and cheesed. He had deep dimples like his mother but rarely showed them. "Hey sweetheart."

He wrapped his arms around her while she grabbed his neck. "Wussup double OG."

"What brings you by?" Vicky asked sitting at the table.

"I was in the neighborhood and wanted to see y'all," he shrugged and sat beside her.

She gave him a warm smile and grabbed his hand. "You know Joncia told me about the girl you took in. That was really kind of you."

He didn't respond. His mind drifted off and thought about how shaken up Beatrix was this morning.

"I heard she's really sweet and humble...." she continued.

Zane looked up at his mother and smiled because he knew what she was doing. "You want to meet her, don't you?"

"Whaaaaat?" She smiled and held her chest. "I never said that, but if you insist...."

He laughed and shook his head. His mother was a real character. "I'll bring her over. You don't mind if she stay awhile, because I gotta handle some business."

"No, not at all," she smiled. "Tell me about her."

His mother was an evident person to talk to and she held a lot of secrets of his that she was going to take with her to the grave. She felt really sorry for Beatrix and it hurt her feelings that she was going through that.

"Let me go pick her up from school," Zane said getting up. Vicky got up as well and hugged her overgrown son again.

"Alright love you," she said kissing his cheek.

•••

Beatrix was still being talked about like she was nothing. She just wanted to be in Zane's king sized bed and cry herself to sleep. Now, she didn't want to be around Zane anymore because he was the cause of why people were talking about her.

She was walking down to the rotunda so she could leave. She saw Zane looking around and waiting. A smile crept up on her face but soon dropped when somebody pushed her, causing her to fall.

Zane saw everything and was heated. He walked over and blocked the girl from leaving. He gave her a glare that was scary yet seductive but the seduction was thrown out the window. "Pick her shit up."

Dynasty gulped and look back at Beatrix getting up. She walked over and picked her books up. "Sorry, I didn't see you."

Beatrix was about to tell her sorry as well but Zane snatched her backpack. "Don't let it happen again or imma send my girl up here to straighten this shit out."

Beatrix felt sorry but she knew Dynasty was gonna handle her. She knew she would probably get jumped, because she sent her sugar daddy to fight her battles.

She rolled her eyes hard and stormed to the car. She slammed the door and crossed her arms as hot tears, she kept in the whole day, escaped her eyes.

"The fuck is wrong with you?!" Zane frowned. She cut her eyes at him then rolled them. He sighed in irritation. "You be on some weird shit."

"Just take me home," she cried. "I don't wanna talk to you or anybody else."

"First, don't tell me what to do," he sassed. "Second, I'm not begging you to talk to me or anybody else. I'm not taking you home because I know you. You gone hop in that bed and cry yourself a pool or just stare at the ceiling."

She threw her head back and let the tears roll down. Sometimes she wish she had the ability to be invisible. Being a teenager and going through depression wasn't good for her. She wanted to escape the world's bullshit.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.8M 43.4K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
491 191 38
May my words leave you as hollow as you had left me. When a girl who has always been second place to her brother becomes the pawn in her brothers gam...
1.4K 111 31
Meet, Ezra. A teen who's been waiting for her Dearly Beloved to take a look at her. She's been in love for years but now that he's finally begun to t...
63.1K 1.9K 43
• a romance thriller • "Break my heart, I give you the permission Maia Oberain." Levi whispered. « ¤ » "You are like the first ray of sunshine reac...