Beatrix

By flawsomek

Since the age of ten, Beatrix Delaney has suffered from depression, negligence, and pain. Her parents aren't... More

TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
¿Q U E S T I O N S?
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TTML~ONE/TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
SURPRISE🥴
NOW PUBLISHED! GO READ
GOOD NEWS
REST IN PARADISE🕊❤️

ONE

34.1K 1.1K 1.3K
By flawsomek

Hi! Thanks for running across my book. Bare with me. The story gets better as well as the character development. ENJOY!

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls give it up for the one and only BEATRIX DELANEY!" The host yelled into the microphone.

The crowd goes wild when they see the young black queen strut onto the stage. Wearing a blue gown that hug her curves and a authentic Fox scarf that rested on her shoulder. Her black long hair flown down her back beautifully.

They viewed her as a goddess. She talked over her larynx which made her sound like a mouse or a toddler. When she sang, she had an alto tune. Sounding just like Toni Braxton.

The crowd start to cheer as she looked over the audience.

BEATRIX!
BEATRIX!
BEATRIX!

💭💭💭💭💭💭💭

She almost drown in her dreams due to the bucket of ice water being poured on her.

"BEATRIX!" Ginger, her elder niece, yelled. "Get yo stupid ass up and clean up! You think you just gone sleep in like you pay bills!"

Beatrix chest heaved up and down as she wiped the water from her eyes. Everything was drenched with water.

"Man, clean this shit up," Ginger said in a disgust tone and threw the bucket at hers. "Retard."

Beatrix took a deep sigh before getting up and slowly walking to the bathroom. She knocked on it, and her great niece, Winny was already inside.

She snatched her wet sheets and comforter off the bed and threw it in her clothes hamper. Winny was out the bathroom and shot Beatrix a look before leaving.

It was three of them with one bathroom, so she ran to the bathroom with her hygiene products. She wasn't about to give up that opportunity for the next person to be inside.

Her mother, Faith, died in a fire caused by her father's jealousy. He was now serving life in prison and she still visited him, which was suspicious to her family, so they treated her differently.

Her big sister, Everly, hated Beatrix and her father because they ruined her life and happiness. Their mother had Everly at thirteen. Though, her parents were still together and raised her until her father found out about her mother's affair with Beatrix's father, Orion.

Everly haven't seen her father since she was thirteen and is still hurt by that. Faith and Orion ended up getting married and having Beatrix. Everly felt like she was a mistake child since her mother had her at forty.

Everly had three children who grew up being snobby, selfish and mean. Ginger was the oldest and took Beatrix in only because the benefits and Beatrix checks. She was ten years older than Beatrix.

West was her first son. He had his mind on the streets and was very cruel towards people. He ran Detroit streets as if he created them.

Her youngest son, Princeton, was three years older than Beatrix and you can say he was the nicest out of them all. He just felt like everything revolved around him and he was spoiled rotten.

Ginger was selfish, West was mean, and Princeton was snobby.

"B, me and the twins about to hangout, so you better find you something eat," Ginger said peeking inside.

Beatrix only nodded. She had to be at work at five anyway. She was used to them leaving her out. It didn't bother her, she liked being alone.

"Oh and Prince is coming over with his company so you better not get in his way or be fast in front of his friends or imma kick yo ass," she threatened. "Make sure this house is clean before you babysit that stripper, son."

Beatrix nodded again and continued putting her hair in two low Chinese buns. Ginger sized her up and scoffed as she left the basement she was kept in.

Ginger envied her aunt. Beatrix had a golden beige complexion with a button nose and almond shaped brown eyes. She was really skinny and was mistaken to be anorexic. She was only five feet tall and looked like she could be a eight year old. She had long wavy black hair since her mother was Dominican and her father was black.

•••

Beatrix was now straightening up the den since Winny and her twin sister, Wendy, were playing with their toys.

That's when she heard keys jingle and she grabbed her noodles and orange pop off the table and made her way out.

"Wussup Bebe?" Prince greeted with three other guys following close behind. Beatrix gave him a weak smile and quickly walk towards the basement.

"Who is that?" Rylan, Princeton's cousin, frowned. "Ginger housekeeper?"

"Yeah," he lied with a chuckle. "Bitch be on some weird shit."

"I knew it couldn't be family because y'all be dressing and all y'all light bright," Desi, his stepbrother, joked.

"She ain't ugly though," Zane, Prince partner, shrugged while plopping down on the couch. "Just little. How old is she?"

"Seventeen, why?" Prince quizzed and furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't want nobody he hung around with her.

"Just asking, because she look like a twelve year old," he said. 

"That's how the broad sound," Prince laughed. "Watch this...yo Bebe!"

Beatrix came back inside with a ironed white Hanes tee shirt and blue jeggings with fresh white off-brand toms. She looked put together now that she didn't have a cupcake gown and scarf on anymore.

"Bebe what time you leaving?"

She held up her hand indicating five. She saw that all the handsome guys were looking at her, so she looked at her feet.

"Aw well introduce yourself," he smirked. "You was rude for not speaking. Ginger hate when you rude to guests so don't make me tell her."

Her head shot up. She did not want to get beat by Ginger. She still got a bruise on her ass from last week. "My name is Beatrix and—."

They busted out into in laughter, which made Beatrix drop her head, clean her dish,  and proceed to take out the trash. Zane sucked his teeth. He watched as the three guys died in laughter. That's when he saw Beatrix struggling to pick up the garbage bag and ended up falling on her ass which made the boys laugh even harder.  

Zane didn't find anything funny about that. He nudged Rylan's head and got up to help her. When he approached her, she quickly wiped her tears and got up. She waved him off and quickly pick the bag up, only for him to grab it.

"I got it, lil bit," he said looking down at her. Her height made her stop right below his chest. He had an athletic built; thick but muscular. He was 6'4 and covered with tattoos on his torso and arms. He had a honey brown complexion with beautiful amber colored eyes. He had a curly temp fade with a mustache and chin beard.

She sighed and walked back to the basement and closed it. She could hear their whole conversation. She got used to being talked down and mistreated by her family so it rarely made her cry.

Yes, she was bothered. She couldn't understand why everyone was being mean to her. Sometimes, she wished she was never born. She had suicidal thoughts but was always stopped, so she started going to church.

It really changed her life. It's rare you hear about a ten year old girl who wanted to end her life because she felt unwanted and depressed. She would get dressed and walk over to the church that was across the street from her and she haven't stopped going since.

The church showed her love. Supplied her with clothes, school necessities, shoes, a phone, and more. She was taught about her self worth, but she still felt down.

Beatrix stayed in her room/basement and read her summer books. She heard more people come and loud music. She sighed and got up to lock her door but Prince had already opened it.

"You good Bebe?" Prince asked. "I know you wasn't tryna come up here. It's three o'clock not five."

"I was just about to lock the door," she said nervously.

"Awl well don't come up here until it's five," he said. "I'll drop you—."

"No I don't need you to drop me off," she mumbled. "I can get a ride from Dynasty."

"I don't like that bitch," he frowned. "She fake as hell and be using you."

Like you? She said in her head as she rolled her eyes. "How?"

"She only talk to you at church and in private but be a whole new person in public. Then she be having excuses to come over when she know I'm here."

"Well I need a ride so..." she trailed off.

"You so fucking dumb," he chuckled and turned to walk back upstairs. "That girl gone turn her back on you and fuck you up or get you fucked up."

She only closed and locked the door behind him. She didn't want to hear nothing his phony ass had to say. Let her tell it, they're the ones that she needed to stay away from.

•••

"Heyyyyy Prince," Dynasty cheesed.

Prince only nodded. He had a normal face of seduction. He was light with a few freckles and was tall and skinny. He had long wavy black hair he kept in cornrows, which was done by Beatrix. He was really fine but his attitude was hideous.

"Where Beatrix?"

"Where you think she at?"

She sucked her teeth and waved him off while making her way to the basement. She knocked on it and smiled at Zane. She thought he was a sexy ass thug.

Beatrix opened the door with her grey jacket and backpack on. "Let's go please."

"Girl you mean to tell me they having a party and you down here," Dynasty said following behind her. Beatrix only ignored her and quickly walked out.

They got inside Dynasty's Mercedes Benz and took off. The car ride was quiet since Beatrix didn't feel like talking to her.

She looked out the window and watched how they passed the dirty streets of Detroit and made it to the suburbs.

April was living the life she always wanted. A nice four bedroom house in a secluded area with her three year old son, Axel.

"Thank you, Dynasty," Beatrix sighed.

"No problem," she shrugged. "What time am I coming to get you?"

"Ten, since his father get off at ten."

"Alright, see you then," she said driving off. She didn't even bother waiting until she got inside the house.

She made her way to the door and rang it twice. April opened it with a smile. "Hey Beatrix, Ax been asking about you all week."

Beatrix smiled and walked inside the beautiful house. She followed April up the stairs and into Axel's room.

"BEBE!" Axel yelled and hugged her legs.

"Hey Axel," she giggled. April smiled and shook her head at how crazy he was about her. "I thought we said no more pacifiers."

Beatrix picked him up and he laid his head down so she wouldn't take his pacifier. She took it anyway but he didn't retaliate.

"Girl he acts a fool without that thing," April chuckled. "But he's a whole new person around you."

After April told her the rules, she locked up and went back to Axel's room and played with him. They sang, watch tv, draw, and more.

•••

Ginger came back home with a messy house. She was heated and didn't hesitate to call Prince.

"Nigga who left this big ass mess and why is my vase broke!" Ginger yelled.

"Shit I don't know," he lied with an attitude. "You calling me, when you need to be checking in with Bebe ass. She stormed out like she was mad. She's most likely the one who did it."

"Ooo Imma kill that bitch!"

•••

When it hit eight, Beatrix took Axel a bath and sang him a lullaby to sleep. She had time to do some more reading so she was satisfied at the silence.

"Spsss..." Kace leaned on Axel door and smiled. Beatrix head shot up and she waved. "You gotta let me in on this secret to put him to sleep without his binky."

She laughed and shook her head. She put all her books back in her backpack and got ready to leave since  Dynasty was around the corner.

"Yo folks been treating you good?" Kace asked just to spark a conversation. He loved hearing her talk.

She nodded slowly but deep down she wanted to say no. It wasn't like she wanted to stay with Ginger, but it was because she needed to. Her father was locked up in Detroit and she didn't want to be put in the foster system and leave Michigan.

"Well I don't see anymore bruises so I guess they treating you alright," he sighed. "Ready for school?"

"Yes," she said lowly.

"Stay consistent...Consistency gets you far in life," he lessoned.

She nodded and took in his words of wisdom. Kace was a wise guy but she just didn't understand how he ended up with young April.

•••

Beatrix made it home around eleven. She was tired and all she wanted to do was sleep.

POP!

The blood gushed out of Beatrix mouth as her fragile body hit the rug. The pain didn't stop there. That's when the belt powerfully whipped her skin.

"Bitch how dare you leave my house recking shit like you mad at the world!" Ginger spat. Beatrix balled up like a fetus and cried. She felt her skin bleeding.

After the whips, Ginger kicked her a few times and punched her.

"You get in here and you clean this fucking house up!" Ginger yelled. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

Beatrix nodded and Ginger rudely stepped on her as she made her way to her master bedroom.

She sat on the floor and rocked back and forth as tears that were held back cascaded from her eyes. After crying, she blankly stared out in space.

Thoughts about dying didn't sound bad at the moment. She was in deep thoughts and contemplated if she should do it or not.

Beatrix made her mind up. She was taking her life before the sun comes up. She figured no one would notice or care. She wrote her suicide note and she needed to go to the corner store and get her some razors and pills.

She quietly limped outside and walk slowly. She knew where she stayed was bad. High crime rate and the hoodrats was out at night.

She hoped someone snatched her up or killed her but people acted as if they didn't see her pain which made her feel worse. 

She finally made it to the corner store, not caring about her appearance. Her hands shook as she grabbed the razors and medicine.

The cashier hesitated about scanning her stuff. He just shook his head and handed her the thank you bag.

Beatrix was on her way back to a dark alley until she heard someone say...

"Lil bit!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...
84.8K 6.5K 60
In Phi, you don't get a choice. You fight and you kill until it kills you. After running from the only home she'd ever known, Cassie is out to get r...
801K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...
7.4K 307 16
Did you ever believed in faith? That there is something or someone waiting for you? Cause when loneliness fulfils you entirely your brain starts to c...