Reckless Fearless Careless | ✓

De myreadingaddictions

"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to s... Mai multe

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
1-Who Names Their Kid After A Gargoyle?
2-Sorry Sir, Girl Problems
3-It's Disney Time Bitches
4-Don't Call Me Maxi
5-Are You On Drugs Woman?
6-People Do Stupid Things Whilst Drunk
7-It's Not A Wall, It's A Person
8-Green Eyes Is Feisty
9-When Did You Meet That Idiot?
10-I Used My Friend's Green Crayon Without Telling Her
11-I Hope Max And Mason Have Planned My Funeral
12-I Painted Hugo's Room Hot Pink
13-The Big Bad Boy Needs A Nanny
14-I Completely Wrecked Mum's Car
15-Is He Half Robot Or Something?
16-Covered In Popcorn, Butter And Coke
17-Doing More Than Tutoring
18-Disney Is Life
19-The Tutor Code
20-You Only Won Because Of That Stupid Door
21-I'm Everyone's Type
22-Three Girls In One Night
23-A Royal Pain In The Arse
Character list
24-What The Hell Are You Doing In My Room?
25-You Think You Can Take Me?
26-Overly Thorough Directions
27-Dragged Through The Pits Of Hell
28-I Think I'm Going To Puke
29-Threatened By Random Year Eleven Girls
30-Did He Just Ask Me Out?
31-What's The Worst That Could Happen?
32-Why Am I Thinking Of Him?
33-Get Your Hands Off My Boyfriend
35-I Love A Bad Girl
36-You're A Coward
37-Mystery Girl
38-I Dare You To Kiss Me
39-A Lingering Kiss
40-Walking Aimlessly In The Middle Of Nowhere
41-Sleeping With The Headmistress
42-Tearing Off Her Dress
43-How Much Did I Drink?
44-Zucchini Is A Made Up Vegetable
45-I Was His Everything
46-A Disapproving Look
47-I Just Care Too Damn Much
48-He Just Cares Too Damn Much
49-Save Her
50-A Toddler On Crack
51-Strawberry Ice Cream
52-Terrible In Bed
53-I Like You
Epilogue
Bonus #1: The Walls Are Soundproof
Bonus #2: Your Bedsheets Are Funny
New Book

34-Cocky Bastards

13.3K 409 63
De myreadingaddictions

Chapter 34: Cocky Bastards

We made it the rest of the way with only a few minor disturbances which I was grateful for, another blondie was not something I needed right now. Although, she did help me let out some pent up aggression so maybe a few more of them would be welcome.

Just as we arrive at the actual track two cars race past us at incredible speed. Unfortunately, I don't know what makes they are because I don't know much about cars — motorcycles are much more my thing — but I do know that they're expensive models, anyone with eyes would know that.

After a few more tricky manoeuvres the sleek black car passes the finish line almost nine seconds before the red one — for racing that's actually quite a lot.

I start to make my way over to the finish line, tugging Wyatt by my side, eager to see who the person in the black car was. He merely sighs as I force him to follow me with a vice grip on his arm.

The racer steps out of the car but I can't see their face because of the black helmet they're wearing. It's definitely a guy, I can tell from the build; I can also see some strands of blonde hair poking out of their helmet.

As I get closer to the guy I keep thinking that he looks familiar but I can't place him.

"Hey," I start, grabbing the guys attention from one of the people he was talking to. "That was really cool. Where did you learn to race like that?"

He faces me and I can see him smirk slightly at my question. Great, he's one of those cocky bastards.

He takes his helmet off and shakes out his hair. I immediately recognise the person and as I look into his eyes and I can see amusement dancing in them.

Eli?!

"Eli — I — um — what!?" I stutter out, completely shocked. I remember him saying he was a good racer but I never would have imagined this.

"Cat got your tongue, sweet cheeks?"

I quickly regain my composure, refusing to let my cheeks flush in embarrassment. I've managed to stay confident and careless all day, I'm not about to ruin that.

I shrug at him. "Nah. I just never thought you of all people would be able to race like that," I tell him, enjoying the fact that I managed to come up with a backhanded compliment.

It takes him a few moments before he registers the true meaning of my words. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean, 'me of all people'?"

I let out a light chuckle. "I'm only joking, Eli. That was actually really impressive," I tell him honestly.

He lets out a small laugh as well, scratching the back of his neck. "That's, Ari. Wait until you see him race," he says, motioning to Wyatt with a gin on his face.

Wyatt grins in response but it's only a moment before he quickly turns it into a smirk.

When all three of us are about to go sit down so we can watch the next race, the guy from earlier, T, comes up to us, a clipboard in his hand. He looks a bit more serious than he did earlier, he must be in work mode now. "Wyatt you're up in about fifteen minutes, better start getting ready," he says, nodding to all three of us in recognition and then walking away rather quickly.

"Well that's my cue. Green eyes, please stick with Eli, don't wander off anywhere alone. And Eli make sure you look after her. She is your number one priority, alright?" His demeanour turned serious whilst he was talking so I knew I should probably listen. Wyatt's usually quite laid back so when he's not I know it's important.

Eli nods, his expression matching Wyatt's. "Sure thing, don't stress. Just win your race."

Wyatt nods and turns on his heel about to walk away but I stop him by grabbing onto his wrist. He looks over his shoulder and straight into my eyes, the intensity of his blue ones almost too much to bare. "Good luck," I say to him with a smile.

He grins in return and gives me a quick peck on the cheek before disappearing into the crowds of people.

Before I even have a chance to process what just happened Eli is tugging me to where we were originally going to watch the next race, which now is Wyatt's.

Once we're sitting my hand subconsciously goes to where Wyatt's lips lingered for less than a second. Why he did that is beyond me but for some reason I didn't mind it. In fact, I kind of liked it.

Stupid.

What am I saying? Anyway, it's probably best if I don't look too far into this. It was most likely just a spur of the moment gesture and even if it was meant to be something more that's not something I want to deal with right now, I've got enough on my plate as it is.

I've decided for my own good not to overthink things like I normally do. Right now I should just focus on my goals and what I've planned to do. The only problem is I'm not sure what that is anymore.

Do I want to win James back? Of course I do but after what he just did I can't help but hold this burning anger towards him. I love him but I feel like something within me is trying to hold be back from pursuing him.

He hurt you once he'll do it again.

Shit, I'm overthinking again. I think for now it might me best to focus on my deal with Wyatt and see where I want go from there.

I will be reckless, fearless and careless and nothing will stand in my way. That is a promise.

With a new found purpose and determination I lift my head up from its lowered position and turn to face Eli who was giving me a quizzical look. I pretend I don't notice it and instead ask him when Wyatt's race starts and he tells me to look at the track.

I do, and I can see Wyatt getting on his bike, meaning his race is about to commence.

He's wearing his signature leather jacket and a black racer helmet. He revs his engine and I can hear the machine roar to life. Part of me yearns to jump for the vehicle and drive it myself — it's been so long — but the more reasonable part of my brain forces me to refrain. I can't go on that thing more than necessary. I've already broken my promise but I can't completely abandon it even if that means giving up something I love.

I sigh in longing as I watch Wyatt and his competition zoom off from the starting line. They both move at lightening speed but it's clear to see who the better racer is. Wyatt's moves are seamless, each turn precise and calculated, his body in a low, streamlined position.

Everyone watches the race intently, their eyes not wandering for even a second. It appears this must have been a heavily anticipated match. The person Wyatt is racing isn't far behind, in fact they're almost neck and neck with each other, Wyatt just a few inches ahead.

It's clear this person is good but they just don't seem to have that racing edge that Wyatt has. Unfortunately for them, that's not something that can be learned or taught, either you have it or you don't and I can tell it will forever be their downfall. No matter how much they love racing you can tell something is holding them back. You have to become one with your bike. You have to believe in it as much as you do in yourself. It becomes a part of you, an extension of your very being.

Fear is your enemy on a bike and even the slightest hint of it can throw you completely off balance. Until that person can realise and overcome this they'll never be a true racer.

Sadly, this is my problem as well. Ever since it happened I've always had a small fear myself and unless I can get over that I'll never be the same on a bike or in life in general. Although I'm young, riding has been a part of my life since I was a child and it crushed me to my core when it was 'taken' from me so to speak. Part of my promise was that I could never ride a bike again until I got over what happened and the worst part is I don't think I ever will.

At least I can enjoy racing through other people I guess. It's not the same but at least it's not completely gone from from my life.

The crowd is shouting in anticipation, all at the edge of their seats. Wyatt flies by us, completing his second of three laps. He is winning but only just but for some reason I can't see even a trace of worry in his posture. He seems to be completely at ease, confident he'll win.

Both of them are nearing the end of the final lap but by this point his competition has caught up and they're now racing side by side, not a millimetre between the two.

My left hand grips onto Eli's arm unintentionally. He looks at me and sends me a relaxed smile. "Chill, he'll win, just watch," he tells me, his attention now back on Wyatt.

I watch with baited breath as Wyatt turns the last corner, the sharpest turn in the whole track. He leans so low his elbow grazes the gravel but the momentum keeps him sturdy as he passes the tight corner with ease. His tricky manoeuvre gives him the advantage of a slight speed boost and he's now in front.

His opponent is hot on his heels but they know it's over. Within moments the race is over and Wyatt has won.

Most of the crowd cheers in joy, myself and Eli included.

I can feel my throat beginning to go hoarse with the amount of cheering I've done but I don't care because after seeing that race I can feel that I'm one step closer to finally riding again.

~*~*~

Can I just say a massive thank you guys because this book hit 4K the other day — that's insane. It was only a few weeks ago when we hit 3k so thanks sooooo much 💜💜.

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter and it made you smile :)

Also, did Wyatt mean anything by that quick kiss or was it just in the moment?

On a completely unrelated note, I just have to tell you guys that I finally got to go see Les Mis at the west end on Wednesday and it was absolutely freaking amazing. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend it — the singing is just incredible.

Well that's all for now so until next time, byeeeeee xx

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

522 43 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...
His Sunshine | ✓ De pink flamingo

Ficțiune adolescenți

3.2M 79.4K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
Black & White De Ali Cher

Ficțiune adolescenți

108K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
1K 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...