The First Charm | ON GOING.

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

Ruby's fate in love shattered when she was a sophomore. While living through the worst year of her life, she... More

0.|Homecoming.
1.|Dreams
2.|Stalker.
3.|Kitten.
5.|Twins.
6.|Encounter.
7.| Good night.

4.|Selfie.

1.1K 58 6
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

Sometimes, you get a feeling that someone's watching you, your every move, your every word but when you turn around, there's no one.

Whole day, I was paranoid about someone watching me. I had my doubts on certain someone but didn't want to accuse him without any solid evidence. I might be wrong.

Dominick West was in four of amongst the classes I was in- Maths, biology, English and P.E. He didn't need to introduced himself because apparently every soul in school knew about him, but some freshmen were an exception.

My chat was filled with Dustin's messages, as he took it as his sole duty to message me every chance he got to snap a picture of Dominick. He made sure to informed me in every text, how he didn't care even if the picture was blurry or how terrible the shot was as long as Dominick was in the shot.

I wanted to help Dustin with the first project for his newspaper club but I couldn't do what he was asking me to do. It wasn't something I can do. I was finding ways to be miles away from him not linger around him to click his pictures. It was not possible.

Dominick didn't approach me nor did he talk to me, making me doubt for a second if I had indeed mistaken him as my rapist. If anything, Dominick was well behaved and was always accompanied by Kaiden and Jace.

The bell went off indicating the end of school hours. "You have practice today, right?" I asked Jen as I kept my books inside my backpack.

With a sigh, Jen nodded solemnly. "Yeah, you want me drop you home first?" She asked, tilting her head as she held her books by her hands over her chest.

"It's okay, I can wait until you're done with the practice." I told her. "Mama wouldn't be home anyway."

She smiled at me in understanding. She knew everything about me and my family. Even knows how much I hate being alone, because of which she sleeps over my place even on weekdays.

Slinging her arm over my shoulders, she pulled me towards her. "My baby, I will show you my awesome skills." Jen said smugly.

We walked out of the classroom. The hallways were packed with students, pushing and shoving at each other to get out of school building. We started making our way towards the lockers when someone yelled Jen's name. We looked around to find the source of the voice.

Amongst the hundreds of students, we found a familiar face who was waving at Jen. Pamela, one of Jen's teammates pushed her way through the mob of students. She was a panting mess when she reached us. "Jen... coach is... looking for you...now...volleyball court..." She said in between breaths.

"Oh shoot." Jen panicked slightly when her coach was mentioned. Mrs. Hensy can be scary at times despite her petite frame, just like Jen.

"Go on." I jerked my head towards Pamela who was breathing normally, yet panic in her eyes.

"My books-"

I snatched the books from her hands and gave her shoulder a light push. "I will keep these in your locker and join you soon. Go now."

Thanking me, Jen walked away with Pamela before they broke into a sprint towards the P.E hall.

Our school was well funded in every field, especially in the sports department. We have a volleyball court inside the school building, along with a basketball court. I usually stay back and wait for Jen's practice to be over, quietly minding my own business sitting alone in the bleachers or help when needed.

Squeezing my way through the mass, I finally made it to the lockers unscratched and alive. Perks of being small.

I put in the combination for Jen's locker and when unlocked, placed the books inside it. Then moved on to my locker where I kept a few books and took out some to take it home with me which had homework.

The hallways were slowly by slowly becoming less crowded, until a handful of students were left. Adjusting my backpack over my shoulders, I was about to make my way towards the hall where Jen was, when my phone went off.

Releasing a frustrated breath, I leaned against the lockers and fished my phone out of my pocket, knowing really well who the caller would be.

As expected, it was Dustin.

With a sigh, I pushed myself off the lockers and turned around to face my locker before placing my head on it as I accepted the call.

"WHERE IS MY PICTURE? SCHOOL'S OVER, DID YOU GET ONE?"

I groaned, pulling the phone away from my ear. "Don't scream." I scowled.

"Picture, picture, picture..." Dustin started chanting ignoring what I said.

"I didn't take any of his pictures."

"What? How could you to do this me? Me, your beloved best friend, your favourite cousin, the only charming, handsome man in your life..."

"He's like a celebrity. He's never alone, everyone has got their eyes on him, how can I take a picture like this?!" I whisper yelled into the phone, not wanting to take any risk about anyone hearing me.

I could imagine a pout on Dustin face as he said the next words. "But, don't you love me? My dream to debut as a president of the newspaper club with Dominick's picture, can be seen going down the drain... If only I have someone who really understand my passion and dream..."

I closed my eyes briefly, catching onto Dustin's motive to blackmail me emotionally and get his way.

As much as I hate when he did that, I always fall for it because he had always been there when I needed him, without me having to say anything.

"Urgh...fine!" I hissed into the phone. "I will try to get one tomorrow."

"Yessss..." Dustin cried. "I love you so much." He screamed into the phone before making a kissy sound. "Muahhhhhhhhh..."

I chuckled at his antics. "I love you too. Bye now." I had a small smile on my face. Talking to him always makes me feel good.

"Don't forget the picture." He reminded me.

"Yes sir. One Dominick picture coming right away." I joked making him laugh. We said our final goodbyes and hang up the call. My phone went into the confines of my pocket.

I pushed my forehead away from the locker and shook my head at my stupid cousin/ best friend. Remembering our useless conversation, a chuckle escapes from me as I turned around.

All traces of smile vanished from my face as a surprise gasped escaped from my mouth when I saw a familiar figure leaning at the wall opposite of me.

A lazy smirk was playing on his lips, his arms crossed, eyes set on me. Dominick.

The hallways held a deserted look with only two beings still lingering around, that's him and I.

We kept staring at each other, him in amusement while I was biting my nails on the inside praying he didn't hear any part of my conversation with Dustin which was solely about him. And also dreading to be alone with him.

I waited for him to say something, maybe tease me or mock me or play the trick he played on me a couple of nights back and show his true colour.

Somehow, I was not as terrified of him as I thought I would be once I found out he was the same person from that night.

It was stupid of me to not run when I had the chance instead I opened my big mouth.

"H-How long were you standing there?" I was nervous to hear his answer.

At my question, an amused smile took over his face. He pushed himself off from the wall and took a couple of steps towards me. I took one back instinctively only to hit my back on the lockers.

"Don't you wanna know?" He fired a question at me instead. He seemed to be enjoying the reaction he was getting from me.

He probably heard the part where I used his name and picture in the same sentence . My cheeks flushed when that thought crossed my mind. Embarrassment washed all over me.

Dominick invaded what people call the personal space and was too close to me for my liking, there was hardly two steps distance between us. I was pushing myself more into the lockers as if that would create some distance between us.

"Can you not take any further steps?" I whispered, not meeting his eyes but gazing at his clothed chest.

I saw his right hand twitching before it lift up and moved towards my face. My eyes followed his hand's movement and widen in alarmed when he was about to place it over my face. As a reflex, my face moved sideways, letting his hand touch the air.

It was then I realised, I could move away from him but seemed like he saw the wheels reeling in my head as he blocked my escape path with his left hand placed beside my face, his other hand still mid air.

My eyes hurriedly went from his left hand blocking my path to his face to find him staring at me intently. His right hand moved forward towards my face.

Fear gripped in me, my heart started thumping wildly. He was the same person who attacked me that night, was he going to finish what he started that night?

Closing my eyes tightly, I waited for his hand to reach its destination.

"Scared, are you?" His deep voice reached my ears but i was too scared to meet his eyes.

Despite being scared, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction that I fear him, so I shook my head vehemently, eyes still shut tightly as I waited for his touch.

And I didn't have to wait long. But instead of feeling repulsive of his touch which I dreaded to be harsh and unmerciful, it was a soft, light touch as if I was a delicate being who'd vanish with a mere touch, i welcomed his uncannily familiar touch.

"I don't want you roaming around that alley late at night anymore. It's not safe." His gruff voice had me blinking my eyes open and stare at his deep pool of grey irises. When his words registered on my mind, my eyes popped out of its sockets.

"Eek..." I squeaked at his words. Was he concern? "It's not safe because of people like you who follow young girls." I grumbled under my breath.

My ears were rewarded with his amused filled chuckle. "I was just trying to talk to you but you mistaken me for a rapist."

Unable to help myself, I scoffed not believing him. Then as if realizing our close proximity, I pushed his hand away and shoved him back with a hand over his chest.

He took a step back and gave me my much need personally space. "I am serious Kitten, I don't want to see you walking that way again." A serious look took over his face, his eyes hard.

My reaction got out an amused look on his face. I probably looked comical to him. "Is that a yes?" His tone was demanding and challenging.

Automatically, I nodded my head vigorously without a second thought before squinting my eyes at his chest as his question replayed in my head and I shook my head.

Who was he to boss me around?

But who was I kidding? I was not going to walk out of the house alone late at night. I never do but that day was an exception and my reason was valid too.

"No?"

"No..." My voice took a high pitch tone. I was both nervous and embarrassed. "I...I won't roam around late at night." I rushed the words out, wishing he'd leave me alone and go where he was supposed to.

"Such a good girl." Dominick smiled down at me, his smile was anything but friendly, full of malice and wickedness. I strained my neck to meet his eyes- warm yet a tinge of warning in them. He leaned down which made me push myself more into the lockers and lolled my head to the side not taking the risk to mistakenly touch his lips with mine.

My first kiss was a blur or perhaps it was a figment of my imagination and I never had a first kiss. But whatever it was, I'd rather acknowledge a sober kiss as my first kiss than a drunken kiss.

His lips touched my earlobe, which had me as stiff as a card board, swallowing hard I willed myself to push him away but my hands laid idle beside me, unable to move, push him away.

My hands was formed in a tight fist, his closeness set in a nostalgic feeling in me. He seemed oddly familiar yet I've never seen him in my life until today.

His cologne hit my nostrils, it was the same scent that I got a whiff of a couple of nights back in the alley, which was probably our first meet though today was my first time seeing his face. Or perhaps not.

His lips hovered over my ear, and my breathing accelerated in anticipation of his next words or actions whichever came first. His hot breath blew over my ear and he whispered his next words out. "Be a good girl, Kitten." Saying this he teasingly bit down on my earlobe which brought me back to reality.

With a surprise squeal, I pushed at his chest and kept him at an arm distance and he obliged with a smug smile on his face.

"My name is...not Kitten." I frowned at him. I never liked people giving me nicknames without me approving of them.

And kitten? I was not an offspring of a cat!

"I know." Dominick answered. His tone amused, his eyes laughing at me. "Kitten." He added before a smirk took over his face when my frown deepened at his word.

His brows furrowed slightly in confusion before he fished his phone out of his pocket. He frowned at the screen before accepting the call. "Yeah?"

As quietly as possible, I was about to make an exit when I was pinned down his stare. His eyes daring me to take a step. I stayed put in place, waiting for his conversation to end. He couldn't snap my neck if he wanted to, and I wasn't very good with intimidating people.

"In school...none of your fucking business...loser...you always are...okay...okay." He ended the call and his eyes were back on me.

"I will drop you home." He announced, was there a question somewhere.

"Erm...i am not going home." He quirked an eyebrow at my statement. When I replayed my own words over my head, it sounded wrong. "Um...i am waiting for a friend. She's in...practice...volleyball...Jen...i have to go." I tried to correct myself but I ended up embarrassing myself more.

"Give me your phone." He eyed my pocket where my phone was.

"I am not giving you my number." I squeaked, my hands shielded the pocket where my phone was as I took a step back, eyes narrowing on him.

When I saw him rolling his eyes, I realised I have made a fool of myself, again.

"I don't want your number." He reassured me when he saw my dubious stare. He stretched his hand out, an impatient look on his face.

Biting my lip, I contemplated whether to give him the phone or not. He said he didn't want the number, then.

"Kitten..." Dominick literally growled, making me shiver at the tone of his voice. There was a warning somewhere.

With a sigh, I handed him my phone, wanting to get this over with as peacefully as possible. I don't wish to have my blood splattered on the floor and walls of our school.

He took the phone from my hand with a pleased look on his face. He swiped the phone screen and be looked more pleased when he found no lock on my phone. "Just so you know..." He started to say, eyes on my phone away from my peering eyes. "...I already have your number." His eyes met my wide ones.

"Wh-"

"Come on, now smile." He cut me off, pulling me towards him by my shoulders. A squeal of surprise escaped from me, as my body collided with his chest. He had the camera opened, and was preparing to take a selfie.

"What are you doing?!" I was astonished by what he was suggesting. One shock agree the other, my brain couldn't keep up.

"Taking a picture." He said in a duh tone. "Now look in the camera and smile." He gave my shoulder a light squeeze urging me to look at the camera.

"But-"

"One, two, three..." Click.

Dominick let go of me almost reluctantly. He typed something over my phone and I heard his phone ping. "Send the picture to your lover boy." He said throwing the phone my way. His eyes hard yet a malicious smile on his face.

I panicked a little as I shuffled to grab my phone thrown at me but successfully held it by my chest. A sigh escaped from me, I may not like gadgets but they still were important, at times.

"See ya." Dominick walked away arrogantly, throwing a wave at me with his back towards me.

When he was out of my sight, and I was over the fact that I saved my phone, his words registered on my mind. Send the picture to your lover boy.

Lover boy? What did he mean by that?

Waving away the useless thoughts, I turned towards the direction of the hall and broke into a sprint. I ran pass the vending machine, now I have to take a corner and ran straight until I reach my destinati-

"Ow..." Both of us cried in unison but I was the only one whose butt was planted on the floor by the impact while he stood unfazed but slightly surprised, rubbing his chest where my head collided.

"Sorry, didn't see you there Ruby." Ryou chuckled amusedly, as he offered his hand for me to take.

"Why are you still standing?" I grumbled, accepting his hand. Ryou easily pulled me up and got me on my feet.

I scrunched my nose at the sight of Ryou, he was sweaty yet he looked extremely good in his gym clothes- white shirt and blue sweats.

"Don't give me that look." Ryou laughed when he saw my slightly disgusted expression.

A sheepish smile overtook my face as I stared at the him.

"Jen?" He asked, not elaborating his question but I understood.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Lemme grab a few drinks for the guys. We'll head back together." With a wicked smirk on his face, he made a move to put his arm over my shoulder. Letting out an eww, I shuffled away from him.

Ryou threw his head back and laughed at my usual reaction. It was a norm for him and I.

He thinks its funny to tease people when he's all sweaty and stinking.

"Such a girl." He clicked his tongue at me before jogging towards the vending machine.

Ryou Kasukabe, was half Japanese, half American and the captain of the male volleyball team. He was really handsome, straight out of anime looks. He had a lean build, yet tall and really charming.

He wasn't hard to notice, with his anime like looks and being active in sports, he was conspicuous. I first him in one of my many visits to Jen's practice, in junior year. They practice in one hall, one courts each both boys and girls volleyball team. A ball hit him in the nose which resulted in him bleeding during practice and that's how we started talking.

Like i said, i help the volleyball with whatever i can when I stay back to wait for Jen so I act as a helper or nurse whatever the situation needs.

"Don't just stand there, help me." Ryou grumbled trying to balance eight cans of coke.

How was he even able to do that was beyond me but he was clearly struggling.

I grabbed four, keeping one on top of the other and held two each on both of my hands.

"Thanks." He breathed out heavily.

"No, that's not what I want to hear." I complained.

Rolling his eyes at me trying to appear annoyed yet a small smile on his lips gave him away. "Arigato." He said softly then sighed.

"You're like a real life anime, did i ever mention it to you?" Excitement was evident in my voice.

"Yes, maybe three or four..." He said with thoughtful look on his face. "...million times." He ended giving me a stink eye.

Chuckling at his cute expression, i bobbed my head. "Because you are."

"Sometimes, i doubt your friendship. You're probably friends with me because of my good looks." He said trying to appear melancholic. I doubt if he wasn't carrying the cans of coke, he'd held his chest to complete the act.

"How did you know?" I gasped playing along with me.

"You're supposed to say, you're not only good looking but have a personality of a noble man." He feigned a disappointed look.

Shrugging, I put on a serious face and said. "Nobody gave me the script."

Ryou let out a laugh at my serious expression, almost dropping the cans he was holding.

***

Soooo RYOU's character is mixed into the story.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF RYOU?

HATE/LOVE/IDC?

DROP DOWN YOUR THOUGHTS.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7M 235K 35
Angel Harper has had a tough life. At fifteen, she lost her parents and little brother to a tragic car accident that will forever change her. Her aun...
141K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
861K 24.4K 30
"They always say that a bad boy is like a fire and he needs snow to tame him and calm him down. Some may call me the snow to his fire. But that's not...
231K 17.9K 48
[FREE STORY w/ bonus paid chapters] When a scandal hits perfect seventeen-year-old Rose in the run-up to an election, she starts to believe that her...