Marked By a Dragon

De xmidnightstrueLoVE13

The colorful flowers and grass of the field were buffeted by a large gust of wind, as if someone had turned o... Mai multe

Marked By a Dragon
Chapter 2 - Finding His Mark
Chapter 3 - A Dragon's Flame
Chapter 4 - Skipping Along
Chapter 5 - Adrenaline Rush
Chapter 7 - What's Going On Here?!
Chapter 8 - Flaming
Chapter 9 - Kisses Lead To Screams
Chapter 10 - The Sweet Embrace of Familiarity
Chapter 11 - My Dragon
Witch Karma
Chapter 13
This Lag I Have
Chapter 14 - Parents
Hey Hey Hey (Author Note)
Chapter 15 - Happiness
What Happened- Author
Chapter 16
Hey
Whoa

Chapter 6 - Witchy

25.7K 1.1K 120
De xmidnightstrueLoVE13

This starts off in Talon's point of view O:

Yayy :D It switches back though, but I marked where it does!

Hope you enjoyy(:

~~~~~~

(Talon’s p.o.v)

Talon smiled, although in his current form it probably looked more terrifying than anything else. Ashlyn, his beautiful little Flame, was out cold in the crook between his shoulders. He had to admit that he had wanted to wring her neck when she had jumped off him, but the joy he felt coursing through her at that moment was better than anything he could imagine. He sighed in his mind, then made a slow decent into their field. Once he landed, he faced a little problem. I don’t want to wake her up, but damn I need to change back so I can get her home he thought. His tail was flicking absent mindedly behind him, as if it had its own mind trying telling him “Hello! Use me!” I chuckled. Of course I should use my tail! Talon lifted his tail up and wrapped it around Ashlyn as gently as he could, picked her up, and laid her down in the grass. He froze when she rolled over and mumbled something unintelligible, but relaxed when it seemed as if she was still deep in slumber.

He closed his violet eyes, and let the flames of change consume his body. This was one of the things Talon loved most about being a dragon. The way it felt to change was indescribable. When he opened his eye, crystal blue orbs gazed upon Ashlyn, and a small smile graced his lips as he looked at her. Shaking his head, he grabbed his clothes and swiftly put them on before gathering Ashlyn into his arms and walking back to where she had parked her death contraption, otherwise known as her bike. Talon frowned. Why can’t she just drive a car like a normal girl? He questioned himself before laughing, because there was no way you could ever classify Ashlyn as a normal girl. I actually think she would be quite offended if someone did.

Talon positioned Ashlyn on the bike, then slid on behind her and reached around so he could grip the handle bars. Granted he didn’t know how to drive this thing or how to get to Ashlyn’s house from here, but she did. He grinned to himself as he delved through Ashlyn’s memories, trying not to pry and only searching for the information he needed. Once he found it, he stopped his memory searching. All in all he knew that she would be pissed if Talon had pried her brain without permission. Right as he was about to turn on her bike, Talon stopped. He grinned, just now realizing how close and intimate riding on this bike with Ashlyn was. Her body fit snuggly into the curvature of his and sent his mind drifting to places it hadn’t been in a while. He groaned when she moved in her sleep and just pressed herself into him more. This was going to be a long ride.

Sometime later, he found himself parked outside Ashlyn’s home with her still tucked into him tightly, sleeping soundly. How the girl had managed to sleep through the noise of her death trap, he had no idea, but he was glad she did. Maybe it was because he hadn’t stepped into her brain to intrude her dreams like he usually did? Hmm. Maybe I should ask her about that. Shaking his head, talon was quick to get off the bike and pull Ashlyn up into his arms. He smiled brightly when she unconsciously snuggled closer to him, her arms going loosely around his neck and a sigh leaving her lips. I wonder if she’s ever been kissed he thought, then scowled. Of course she has, she’s seventeen already! Another thought passed his mind, causing him to freeze in his trek to the door. What if she’s had sex!?

“Oh god, you’ll be the death of me baby doll.” Talon mumbled, looking down at his sleeping beauty. Wow he sounded sappy. Shaking his head, he continued walking until he had reached the door. Ashlyn’s house was quite nice, not overly large but not small either. He raised his fist, shuffling Ashlyn into one arm, and knocked lightly on the door. When the door opened, he froze in shock. “Selene?!” he asked, shocked.

“Talon! What’re you doing…” Selene trailed off as she looked down, and her eyes widened for a split second before she broke out into a grin. “My daughter is your Flame?” She questioned excitedly, looking at Talon with hope clear in her blue eyes, so much like her daughter’s right eye that he didn’t know how he hadn’t seen the resemblance sooner. Ashlyn had the same remarkable bone structure as her mother, but her pitch black hair must have come from the man that fathered her.

“Yes, she is.” Talon stated proudly, smiling at the witch in front of him. “Does Ashlyn know that you’re a,” He glanced down, making sure she was still asleep before he continued. “Witch?” Selene shook her head, a sad smile on her face. “Well, why not? You should’ve told her.” He stated, taken slightly aback that she had yet to tell her. Selene chuckled before answering.

“I was actually planning on telling her soon, I just didn’t know when the time would be right. Please, come inside. This isn’t a conversation we should have where others may hear it if they choose to.” Selene stated, ushering him inside and closing the door. “Come on, we can go sit in the living room. We have a lot of catching up to do, my dear.” She smiled, forcing him to sit on the couch, Ashlyn still asleep in the cradle of his arms. “Now, please, talk. Explain how my daughter ended up in your arms.”

Talon sighed, then told her how he had sensed her the day she turned seventeen, and had started the dreams. “It was like something inside of me just… bloomed! It was amazing, and I knew it had to mean something, and I was actually looking for you and had come close to finding you when I felt Ashlyn’s spirit graze mine. I thought nothing of the fact that you were so close by when I connected with Ashlyn. I mean, come on there was no way I was going to assume that my mother’s best friend was in fact the mother of my Flame!” He stated a little too loudly, and then let out a curse when Ashlyn opened her eyes. They widened comically when she realized that they were, in fact, sitting on her very own couch, with her mother not five feet from them.

Uhm, Talon, why are we at my house?” Ashlyn’s tinkling voice flicked through my mind, and I smiled widely.

“Well baby doll, it seems I know your mother over there. We’re quite good friends actually. Oh and she has a few things to tell you.” Talon replied out loud, smiling brightly when Selene almost launched herself at him. Ashlyn slid off his lap, causing him to pout slightly. “Why’d you move babe?” he asked in her mind. He saw her jaw clench, and before he knew it, she had punched him in the arm. “Owe! What the hell?!” He shouted, rubbing the spot on his arm. That had actually hurt, a lot. Her only response was to smile sweetly in his direction.

(Ashlyn’s p.o.v.)

I smiled at Talon while he rubbed is arm. The jerk deserved it for calling me babe. Turning, I looked at my mother who was smiling fondly at the two of us. I loved her dearly and wished I had inherited everything from her. We shared our bone structure and on me a right eye coloring, but that was where our similarities ended. Where I had a fair complexion, midnight black hair, and one oddly violet eye, my mother had sun kissed skin and bright golden hair. Her hair was naturally curly, as was mine, and it framed her heart shaped face perfectly. To put it simply, my mother was a stunning woman, and I loved her dearly. That being said, I was confused as to how she knew my dragon. The question must have been clear on my face, for my mother started talking almost immediately.

“Ashlyn, darling, before I tell you how I know Talon, there’s something else you need to know.” She hesitated, looking at me, and then nodded once as if she found what she was looking for. “Honey, I’m a witch.” I was shocked to say the least. Then again, I am a dragon’s Flame, so I really shouldn’t be so surprised to find out there is more to the world than feeble humans and massive dragons. I chuckled lightly, seeming to surprise everyone in the room.

“So, what does this mean for me, mom? I mean you probably know that Talon is a dragon, and you’re a witch. What does that make me? The freak that’s mated to a dragon?” I asked quizzically. Talon laughed, then kissed me on the cheek, causing me and him to both freeze. His eyes got wide and a blush stained his cheeks. My gaze automatically softened, he looked so adorable, like a puppy who was in trouble. I smiled at him then turned back to my mom. There was the ghost of a smile on her lips as she looked at the two of us. “Oh! And how do you know Talon?” I asked, almost forgetting that little piece of information.

“Always, with the questions.” Talon mumbled beside me, causing me to throw a glare his way. He put his hands up in defeat and smiled sheepishly at me. My mom cleared her throat, causing me to look at her.

“Well, for starters, I know Talon’s mother. She’s a witch like me, only she is, obviously, a Flame. We used to raise hell together before you were born.” My mom smiled wickedly at the mention of her younger days. “When Brittney met Kell, everything kind of changed. She was in love with him the moment he kissed her, and he was never too far from us on our quirky little adventures. Then she got pregnant, and had Talon.” Mother smiled at Talon and he returned it. “That’s where I go every time I leave for extended periods of time. Me and Britt either go on some random adventure or go flying with Kell and Talon.”

“It’s wonderful, isn’t it?” I asked in excitement. My mom chuckled at me as I bounced up and down on the couch. “Why didn’t you ever take me?” I questioned sadly.

“I was actually planning on taking you this summer, so you could meet someone who is practically your aunt. Ashlyn, dear, there really is something I need to tell you.” My mom said seriously.

“What is it mom?”

“Now that you’re recognized as a dragon’s Flame, your powers should blossom soon.” She stated matter of factly. My brows furrowed as I became confused. Noticing the question stated there on my face, she sighed. Just as she was about to tell me, Talon butted in.

“Ashlyn, doll, what your mother is saying is that, well, you’re a witch!”

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

564K 17.5K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
63 13 4
In the shadow beneath the mountain Barathon in the land of Caridisia, where the the shadow spread across the hill, corrupting every living thing to r...
92 3 9
Allen Walker(NOT FROM D-GRAYMAN), a 13 year old boy with a dream to become a warrior, just like his Father Argon Walker. And 4 childhood friends will...
608 12 6
[Completed] Alien staggered to her, but then he didn't find it easy to look her. Her face had been blackened and she was writhering in pain, smoke is...