Wonder of My World [TodoDeku...

By meli2cm

[IN BETA READING PROCESS: Anyone who want to help is highly appreciated!:D] Izuku is a lonely mage living in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 [Midoriya]
Chapter 2 [Midoriya]
Chapter 4 [Todoroki]
Chapter 5 [Todoroki]
Chapter 5 [Midoriya]
Chapter 6 [Todoroki]
Chapter 7 [Midoriya]
Chapter 8 [Midoriya]

Chapter 3 [Midoriya]

228 6 2
By meli2cm

Midoriya P.o.V

"Hey, Midoriya, have you gone out to meet someone secretly?" Kirishima's random question made me realize what fate had cruelly thrown at me. I didn't even know when my red string suddenly had been connected to someone.

But I couldn't lie that I didn't feel happy about this. All this year I had thought that I was a useless kid with no magic that even fate wouldn't let me tie to anyone.

But the reality was even crueler now.

Now that I finally got my magic only to be told that I couldn't live as long as normal people. Now that I had decided to cut all my ties, fate decided to show me that there was a pitiful soul in this universe that shared a bitter fate with me.

Kirishima kept bugging me all day and teasing me hard to try trailing where the red string end. At first, I just brushed him off, but being constantly reminded of it made me snap at the third day.

"Kirishima, could you stop?" I said as calm as I could. Even if it was annoying, I couldn't bring myself to get angry at the red hair.

Kirishima seemed to sense my distress. "Sorry, Midoriya," he apologized. Looking at him he was genuinely regretting it.

I laughed and patted his shoulder. "It's okay, Kirishima," I said. "Honestly, I'm as curious as you to find whoever is at the end of this string. But..." My voice cracked. I couldn't seem to finish my sentence like there was a lump blocking my throat. The fact that my life was timed once again being screamed right on my face.

I shook my head. Not doing anything wasn't doing me any good. As always. "Is there any mail from the Kingdom?" I asked Kirishima in attempt to change the subject.

"Oh, yeah!" Kirishima exclaimed as he rumagged his pants pocket. "A mail came when you went out collecting herb. I almost forgot about it." Kirishima scratched the back of his head.

I smiled at his silliness. "Thanks, Kirishima." I took the small golden envelope from my friend's hand. The familiar shining Yuuei's kingdom seal was apparent at the front envelope. No doubt, my first work as a 'One for All' mage for this kingdom officially started today.

"Don't push yourself too hard, Midoriya." He looked at me for a moment, hesitant to continue his sentence. Though, it was clearly shown in his expression. Stay alive.

I smiled at him reassuringly. "Don't worry, Kirishima. Even though I looked weak, All Might said I'm super tough!"

"Okay. I will make the dinner while I wait for you," he said.

"Erm, Kirishima kun," I called out to him stopping him from going toward the kitchen. "Please refrain from making the food too 'manly'," I said. Remembering the kitchen condition after Kirishima made the so-called manly food still made me shudder.

The red hair raised one of his eyebrows before laughing loudly. "We men have to do everything manly, Midoriya my friend!"

"B-but, Kirishima..." Kirishima ignored my pleas and kept walking toward the kitchen. I sighed. Seemed like tomorrow would be the kitchen cleaning day yet again.

After Kirishima left me alone, I walked toward All Might's workshop. After discovering it, both I and Kirishima cleaned the room. Now it was a lot more presentable, heck this was even better than my own workshop at home.

My hand slowly put the golden envelope on the table. I tried to remember which spell All Might had shown me to open this kind of envelope. My lips turned into a sad smile. All Might was the greatest mage of Yuuei's kingdom. That day when I accidentally met him. When he said that I could be a mage too. He had saved me.

"Enthüllen"

The envelope became warm until a small flame licked the edge of the envelope. I remembered how much I freaked out that I had ruined important document when All Might taught me this spell for the first time.

The golden flame disappeared not long after that along with the envelope. Golden ink started to fly out of where the flame disappeared. It danced around for a bit until it formed sentences in mid air right in front of my face.

"Dear One for All Mage. We ask you to strengthen the barrier around the western part of the kingdom, especially around Hosu village. A Nomu has been reported to be seen there. Further investigation is needed," I read it out loud. King Nedzu signature was at the end of the message. Not long after that, the ink disappeared into thin air, leaving a bit of gold dust that I cleaned immediately.

"Nomu, huh..." I mumbled as I walked toward one of the shelves. I took out an old looking map of the kingdom. It didn't take long for me to find the small village in the western part of the kingdom. Why did a Nomu appear in that peaceful part of the kingdom?

I took One for All magic book and quickly flipped the pages until I found the one I was searching. "Moondust, Griffin feather, a drop of Valkyrie tear... All Might should still have those ingredients in his shelf," I mumbled. Not wanting to waste any more time, I immediately searched for all the ingredients needed for the protective spell. My hands worked to grind all the ingredients just like how All Might taught me. "And a drop of my blood." I pricked my fingertip, golden blood oozed from the small wound. It was still strange to see how my blood was no longer red like the other. A cruel reminder from reality that I was not normal anymore.

I laughed dryly remembering how hard I tried to not get hurt when I learned about this special condition of mine. I didn't like attention. Not being gifted with mana in a world where all people can practice magic was giving me unavoided attention already. And with how All Might suddenly decide to give me his magic and all this change that happen afterward...

I shook my head. If my train of thought went deeper than this my gloomy switch would turn on. And that's bad. I should just concentrate and finish the first part of my job.

"Schützen"

As the magic word slipped from my mouth, a big magic circle formed on my feet. My head was throbbing and I felt fainting in amy moment, but I had to finish the ritual.

With all my might, I took the bowl filled with the golden magic liquid. Somehow One for All magic just made everything turned gold.

I slowly poured the golden liquid to the Hosu Village's part of the map. The moment it touched the map, it dissapeared with a bright glowing light surrounding the little village on the map.

I exhaled the breath that I had held and let my self fell to the ground when the magic finally finished casted. "First part done."

I wiped some beads of sweat that formed on my forehead. My legs were still trembling but I pulled my self up. Eventhough I felt like water slime, the smell of roasted meat that filled the air was tempting. And beside I needed to tell Kirishima for the second part of the job.

I walked slowly toward the kitchen, stopping once in a while to catch my breath. If Kacchan ever saw me in this state he would mock me none stop. Maybe he would said "What a fucking weak deku you are!"

I smiled seeming to be able to hear the blonde angry voice.

The thought of home immediately made me regret. I had to stop doing this again and again.

"Oh, hey, Midoriya! Finish already?" Kirishima asked me. I looked up and found the red hair still busy in the kitchen. I gave him a small nod.

"That's great then!" Kirishima gave me his bright toothy grin. "Just wait for a while, the food is almost ready!" He turned back toward the kitchen as a loud explosive sound could be heard inside the kitchen.

"You okay there, Kirishima?" I shouted.

"Nah, it's okay. Just the egg screaming how delicious he is!" the red hair shouted back. Another loud crashing noise could be heard. "Just the meat frying!"

I gulped. Hopefully nothing destroyed or burnt. I think I have put safety spell to all the sharp utensils so Kirishima wouldn't accidentaly got stabbed by it. Eh, but I haven't protected the kitchen itself with anti fire magic... will everything be okay?!

I tried to gather all my power left, but even with that I could only move my fingers. I really wanted to go toward the kitchen but my body wouldn't listen to me at all. I just hope nothing too serious happen there.

I let my head rest on the wooden table surface. The coolness was calming. I was about to be soothe to sleep when I remembered I had something left to do before that sleep I really need.

"Oh, yeah, Kirishima," I shouted.

"Yeah, Midoriya?"

"We are going out tomorrow."

And with that I let my mind wandered to the dream land.

A.N.:

Hi guys!!!:D
I can't even believe that I can keep to my word to update each Saturday. Hopefully I can keep the rhythm from now on...

I'm sorry if the pace of the story is kinda slow, but I don't want to rush their meeting... I want to build the world around them more and give a strong standing for the story setting... but suggestion and critiques will be really helpful! Don't be shy to comment or just chat me!!^^

So, hope you enjoy the chapter and see you next time!
-Meli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.8K 25
Izuku Midoriya had always had the short end of the stick, wether it went from tripping in public or he's quark or lack of quark he always got the sho...
8.4K 286 11
!! FIRST STORY WARNING !! ๐Ÿ’™Records:๐Ÿ’™ #13 in KatsuDeku (EEEEEEEEE!!!) #168 in '#fairytale' (out of 17.5K!) ๐ŸŒŸ'"T-take me.... Instead..." Izuku told...
70.7K 2.5K 57
Izuku Midoriya, son of All for one, grew up within the League of Villains. His mother died when he was young. Izuku is extremely smart and can trick...
206K 5.9K 68
A Todobakudeku story ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "W-what do I h-have to do?"he asked "You'll be our personal little maid"I said and his eyes widened "you will not...