Why Not?

By ArsonBros

After the events of Be More Chill, Rich and Jake are back to square one. Forgiveness is difficult for some o... More

🔥Rich🔥
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
🔥Rich🔥
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
Jake
Rich
A one singular shout out
Jake
🔥Rich🔥
Third Person

Jake

1K 29 167
By ArsonBros

We all come up from underwater, rubbing our eyes and laughing. We all look at each other, smiling faces all around.

I turn to Rich and he is full on belly laughing. His laugh is cute. Full of life and energy.

Shit. I'm staring. Hey, He was staring at me earlier. It's only fair if I stare back. Right?

IS THAT WHAT A NORMAL HUMAN DOES!?

Well, we all climb up onto the dock. Fuck stairs, right. Wait, dock? Deck? Who gives a shit!? They're the same.

Everyone splits into their own group.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Michael creeping up on Christine. Ohhhh Yeah!!

I turn around, watching as Michael shoves Christine into the water. Full force.

He was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall off.

Rich and I snickered along with everyone else on the dock. Even the girls were giggling and they would kill anyone who dared to hurt their precious Christine.

She climbed back up onto the platform to face a howling Michael. Mell thought this was so funny.

"WHAT THE HELL MICHAEL!? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" She screamed, hands balled into fists at her sides.

Michael didn't seem intimidated or scared in the least. "Please, Christine. It was funny. Everyone laughed. Raise your hand if you laughed."

Everyone on the dock proceeded to raise their hand, an uncomfortable look on their faces. Nobody liked it when they fought like this.

"I thought you guys were my friends!!" She growled.

"Yeah. You thought." He shot back, folding his arms across his chest.

Jeremy looked the most uncomfortable out of all of us. "I-uhh.. Guys!" He managed to spit out.

Christine and Michael both looked at Jeremy but Chris was the first to speak.

"Jeremy!! Michael's always so mean to me! Tell him to stop." She whined, eyebrows upturned.

Michael was ready to stand up for himself. He always was. "Jeremy. I've been your best friend for thirteen years. Remember everything you've told me over soda, pizza, and video games. You're not happy. You never were!!" He yelled, looking so sure of himself.

Jeremy looked between them.

The girls, Rich, and I were incredibly silent. No one wanted to be a part of this.

Jeremy nervously looked between the two of them. His eyes always seemed to soften when he looked at at the red clad boy, and fill with an unrecognized emotion when he looked at the dramatic girl.

He sighed, the tension dissipating from his shoulders. The stress held in those skinny little arms seemed to transfer to everyone else. Including Michael and Christine.

"Christine. I think we need to talk." At that, the skinniest teen jumped off the dock and started swimming for shore.

The moment those words escaped from Jeremy's lips everyone collectively sighed. We all knew this was coming.

Christine looked around at the faces of her friends before slipping off and following her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend.

Our eyes landed on Michael who looked fucking ecstatic. It was like Christmas in July for him.

"Guys.. I think.. I'm going to ask Jeremy out today!!"

Chloe and Brooke screamed. Jenna let out the biggest fucking gasp.

Rich and I turned to each other. He had the biggest smile ever.

"I'm so happy for him Jake! I really want this to work out." He spoke hopefully, eyes shimmering as he spoke.

"I hope it works out too. Michael's always been there for Jeremy. And, to be honest, Jeremy and Chris are not the best match." I rubbed the back of my neck.

The whole dock was buzzing with the exited chatter of everyone on it.
But it all fell silent when Jeremy and Christine climbed back up onto its wooden surface.

"Christine and I... are no longer together." He spoke with an awkward smile on his face.

On the other hand, Christine looked hurt and angry.

Michael was sitting on the edge of the dock, smiling to himself anxiously. Jeremy sat next to him. Their voices were too quiet to be audible.

Rich and I were speaking excitedly about new music that was coming out. AJR, TØP, Panic!'s new album.

The girls were trying to comfort Christine.

Then we heard Jeremy's and Michael's whispers cease and a surprised him from Jeremy.

We all turned to them, only to see the two kissing on the dock.

It was pretty cute. They looked so happy together.

The girls, by which I mean Chloe, Jenna, and Brooke, were fangirling together. They seemed to have completely forgotten their original objective as they focused on their two friends kissing.

The two finally pulled away, looked at each other for a moment before laughing. Jeremy was nodding excitedly.

"HE SAID YES!!" Michael yelled, hugging Jeremy.

We all started clapping. All except Christine.

"What!? Michael asked you out the same day you broke up with me!?" She shrieked.

Michael shrugged. "Chris, I've been pining for years. I think I deserve this happiness."

Our little group nodded in agreement with Michael, much to Christine's displeasure.

She was acting as if we had all chosen a side when, in reality, we were simply supporting our friends' relationship.

Christine jumped off the dock, swimming to shore. We all assumed that she was just going home.

The remainder of us just shrugged it off.

"If she wants to go home, so be it. The rest of us can deal with this later. We want to have fun now and celebrate our friends' gay relationship!!" I yelled, much to Rich's delight. I could tell he liked my short speech as he shouted.

"JAKE IS RIGHT!! CONGRATTH JEREMY AND MICHAEL! LET'TH FUCKING PARTY!!"

God, thank you for sending me this tiny ball of sunshine and energy.

The rest of our friend's cheered. Jeremy's and Michael's yelling was drowned out by the girls' screaming.

The rest of the time we were at the lake we were swimming and jumping and playing around. You know, like normal friends.

Like a couple of friends who are gay for each other and one that has a gay crush on another and three that just like having fun together.

Fuck. Did I seriously have to mention my crush on Rich?

The moment after I thought that Rich started dancing when there was no music. The only noise was the blowing of a ship's horn. He was acting like that horn was music.

Holy shit that's adorable. Please, let me die in peace.
I can die happy now that I have seen the beauty of this boy in front of me.

•••••••••••••••
Word count: 1100

That's not a joke

And yes, I know. My uploads have been super fucking quick. This is the second chapter I've written in 24 hours. I haven't slept in 3 days!!

But I hope you all enjoyed and I also hope you have a lovely day/night/evening/morning!!

I will look forward to reading your comments!!

Shout out to
SmolDeadlyChild ((my gf))
-brookie-lohst- ((for commenting))

Edge:Out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 200 24
Literally what the title says. The characters of Be More Chill react to Be More Chill. BTW this is the Two River Theatre cast! May have triggers, you...
20.2K 583 35
The squip is finally gone. Rich is finally free. Now what? What does he do? How does he behave? Who is he? His insecurities are back. So is his stutt...
14.3K 886 28
boyf riends fanfiction, lots of angst. love who you love, just know that nothing is perfect. 32207 words :enjoy whatever this is:
44.9K 879 38
My first book ever, so don't judge too harshly😂. Just a bunch of fluffy one shots, will take reccomends, and I actually encourage reccomendati...