Temptation Of Grey

By Lilith41

Reylo fanfic based on ideas for Episode 9 The rebels could first flee to a safe place and start rebuilding th... More

Chapter 1 - Rescue
Chapter 2 - First Conversation
Chapter 3 - The Jedi Books
Chapter 4 - Jedi Robe
Chapter 5 - The Nightmare
Chapter 6 - Proximity and Distance
Chapter 7 - Training out of control
Chapter 8 - Discoveries
Chapter 9 - Lessons
Chapter 10 - Collaboration
Chapter 11 - Liquid Heat
Chapter 12 - Agitation
Chapter 13 - Confessions
Chapter 14 - Unexpected Sights
Chapter 15 - Longing
Chapter 16 - Bloodbond
Chapter 17 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 18 - Letter from the Hereafter
Chapter 19 - Truth
Chapter 20 - Breakthrough
Chapter 21 - Fate and oath
Chapter 22 - Awakening
Chapter 24 - The soul of the darkness
Chapter 25 - The soul of the light
Chapter 26 - Soul Merge
Chapter 27 - Encounter
Chapter 28 - The Circle Closes
Chapter 29 - Fulfillment
Chapter 30 - Visions
Chapter 31 - On the Way
Chapter 32 - Revelations

Chapter 23 - Harmony

2.9K 74 20
By Lilith41

Rey did not look back to see if Ben would follow her. She was still a little embarrassed about the misunderstanding regarding the "physical activity" question. Besides, she could not wait to leave the cave and train. Being together in the small cave and this constant tension between her and Ben made her yearn for movement and distraction. She stepped out of the cave entrance and looked around for a suitable training place. Right next to the cave there was no possibility, as the rocks mostly led downwards and would offer just little space for combat training.

She looked up to see a larger ledge a few feet above the cave entrance. She looked around at Ben, who had also stepped out of the cave and said, "There could be a larger area up there that we can use." He nodded and both started the short climb. In fact, when they had passed the lead, there was a flat platform in front of them, providing enough room for both to safely perform complex exercises.

The view was breathtaking. The sunlight and the clear air made sure that the wild and beautiful landscape in the valley was well visible. Rey could only marvel at so much lush greenery and water.

Ben stood next to her and also looked across the wide horizon. "It's very nice, isn't it?" he asked her. Rey said nothing and he continued thoughtfully, "I wish I could remember more about my childhood and life here, but the memories are somehow faded, blocked ... whatever."

Rey looked at him and replied, "There is probably a deeper reason why your memories are so sketchy, either Snoke made sure that everything that reminded you of the good things about your parents disappears, or you have hidden your memories of yourself so as not to be vulnerable or to make it easier for you to leave everything." He looked at her with those dark eyes, in which the emotions always threatened to explode. That look made her want to hug him again. "Maybe you'll remember, if you let it go, one day." Instead of hugging she took his left hand in hers and squeezed it short but determined. The storm in his eyes instantly diminished and he nodded hesitantly.

Then he straightened his shoulders and said, "Well, I already know from our fight in the throne room that you are extremely strong in the force by natural instinct. But I think it would be helpful if we first check how your knowledge of levitation is through the force really, because there is so much more possible for protection if you use this knowledge wisely. Are you going to demonstrate something to me?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Master Luke told me being a Jedi has nothing to do with whether or not you can float rocks ... but I've at least once brought an entire rock face to float on Crait when I had to." He raised his eyebrows and replied, "Well, that sounds promising. Show me!"

Rey began concentrating on a boulder about the size of BB-8, which was close by. She raised her hand and extended it in the direction of the stone to channel her force. Promptly, the big stone began to rise and after a few seconds hovered at shoulder height in front of them.

Suddenly she felt Ben come into her head to read her mind. Instinctively, she tried to shut herself off. However, the connection to the rock was broken and he fell with a loud crash back on the rocky ground. Angry, she turned to Ben and hissed, "Why are you trying to use my concentration to penetrate my thoughts?" He smiled diabolically and replied, "I wanted to see if you could still keep the connection in distraction. Well, that did not work so well."

She crossed her arms slightly annoyed and replied, "Let's go, Ren, I want to see what you can do." He smiled and raised his arm in the direction of the rock without interrupting her eye contact. Rey says out of the corner of her eye that the rock had risen in a fraction of a second. She started an attack on his thoughts and turned on him. But he somehow managed to seal off part of his concentration.

She penetrated deeper into his soul, wanted to see if that would affect him, only to find a moment later a picture of them both half naked and tightly wrapped in black satin sheets. The satin bed was on a spaceship, because you could see space through a huge window on the top of the mattress. However, she did not care about the environment when she looked at their two sweaty bodies, while Fantasy Ben and Fantasy Rey loved each other tightly.

He noticed it as soon as they shared this fantasy and the rock brook gave way in the air and threatened to fall to the ground. "Out of my head, Rey!" he commanded harshly and urged her back without losing control of the big stone.

He set the rock controlled again on the ground and glared at her, his jaw clenched and his nostrils flared. "I thought we agreed that we would no longer look so deeply into our souls unless we specifically get permission?" Rey blushed to the tips of her hair as he approached menacingly, "Ben, I swear, it was not intentional, I ..." she stopped, for he had overcome the short distance between them and now stood directly and furiously before her.

She raised her head to defend herself, then paused. She looked embarrassed and then she asked him, simply because she could not hold back, "Will we talk about what we just shared?" He stared at her in disbelief, then he could not resist a grin and shook his head: "Rey!... Woman! ... If we ever share these situation again, we should not do this, by talking about it."

At these words, an ironic and slightly suggestive smile fell over his face and he lightly touched her chin with his hand. Enough to add more color to Rey's face, if still possible. She cleared her throat: "Mmhh, ok ... I understand."

"Alright" she tried to push the fantasy out of her thoughts that did not want to disappear. "Show me how to focus more on the things to be moved, how to concentrate." The next few hours, they spent moving objects around and interfering with each other, but without delving too deeply into each other's thoughts. First, they let rocks, lightsabers or old wood of the few existing trees float. When Rey managed to preserve some of her concentration to the objects even when she were disturbed, they began to laugh and taunt each other with the floating parts. Until Rey tried it with Ben himself.

He struggled only slightly so that she managed to get him an arm's length in the air. then, however, he did the same with her and both floated weightlessly in the air. "Do you trust me?" he asked floating before her and she replied: "Yes, I do." His eyes burned in hers and he said, "Then let's join forces so we can see if we're really stronger together." She dived into his intense gaze, searching for the spot where her two forces would meet. When the connection came, both of them trembled under the pressure of power.

Immediately all loose objects in the air rose around them and began to fly around them at an ever faster pace. The mountain itself also made low-pitched noises, as if he, too, was feeling strained to go into the air. Rey's hair whipped around her face and she shouted, "Ben, that's scary, that's too much, I think we should not overdo it."

He also seemed more than impressed by their joint action and replied, "You are right, but can you feel the unlimited power that permeates us?" She took a deep breath and then smiled at him through the deafening noise and said silently in his head, "Yes, don't be afraid, I feel it, too." His eyes widened at those words he had once said to her without actually knowing exactly why he did it. If all that had happened they had both inevitably brought to this point? Was it all destiny?

He could not say for sure, but he knew with increasing assurance that Rey was certainly his destiny. His whole body vibrated with the connection with her and he knew that she was the same. "We should try to finish this whole controlled." he called to her. Both closed their eyes as if on command and gave the mental order of rest to their surroundings. After some moments, the rotation of the floating objects slowed down, and gradually they all floated back to the ground. Finally, Ben and Rey. When it was over, both could just look at each other in disbelief.

"We should be exhausted after this action, but I have the feeling I could still move mountains!" Rey said in surprise and Ben confirmed her statement with a nod. "It's incredible." he said fascinated, "but we should not neglect the lightsaber training." He replied directly afterwards and Rey agreed with him. "Let's do some exercises, one is always the leader and the other has to mentally guess the movement, so ideally we're in sync."

The task was initially difficult, as the different lightsabers left completely unknown movements. But after some time the movements of the two became more and more harmonious and unified, until both seemed to flow in an elegant dance.

As the daylight began to gradually decrease, they completed the exercises, both sweaty but satisfied with the training and climbed the small slope down to the cave entrance. There Rey stopped, staring into the sunset, and said softly, "Are you ready know to let me in, Supreme Leader?" He stepped behind her so that her back and his strong chest touched lightly and replied, "I can promise you that I will do anything to make it possible, but what's with you? Will you let me into you, Scavenger?" She said nothing for a long time, then replied, "I think, I'm ready for it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: The title picture of this chapter is  from kasiopea-star-wars.tumblr.com and it gave me a few inspiration 👌🙄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 307 33
(AU) Luke is gone. Kylo Ren is the new Supreme Leader. The Resistance is all but decimated. Now, all responsibility falls on Rey to balance the Force...
24.4K 757 29
Do not read if you don't want spoilers from The Rise of Skywalker! Ending after the defeat of Emperor Palpatine, Rey is hoping to start a new chapter...
20.2K 520 20
When Luke, Chewie, Rey, Finn, Poe, and newly turned Ben Solo are visited by the ghost of Anakin Skywalker and he tells them that they can prevent his...
105K 3.4K 200
Immediately following the events of The Last Jedi, the battle for the galaxy continues between the First Order and the last of the Resistance. As the...