Blueberry Muffins

By oceansandjikook

A Jikook story - "So, Jimin," he said, looking up at me once again, "Would you like to join me at the cafe to... More

01
03
04
05
06
interlude
07
08

02

172 25 2
By oceansandjikook

two ~ a longing look

═══  ゚☆ *.☽  ═══
i'll make you fall slowly
i'll be your reason
═══  ゚☆ *.☽  ═══

Park Jimin

He was beautiful. The more I stared at him, the more I noticed how effortlessly handsome Blueberry was. It was genuinely difficult to tear my eyes away from him and his golden honey skin. It was such a warm and inviting colour and scattered with a few moles that only enhanced the intensity of his beauty. He had large, youthful eyes that held so much energy and life, but also a kindness that drew me in and made me want to be in his presence.

Another day brought another tea drinking session at my beloved window seat. I sipped the warm liquid and held the mug in both hands, allowing the familiar taste to calm me after a long day of dancing at the university. The heat warmed me from the inside out, something that was needed after walking home in the rain after forgetting my umbrella.

But, despite still being able to feel the slight chill on my skin, a smile lay upon my warm lips. It had been a fun and rewarding day of learning new choreography, but I had a feeling that the light, cheery vibe I had was something to do with the man in the window below.

I smiled as he raised a piece of his muffin to his mouth, only to pause when he noticed his phone screen light up. He smiled and picked it up, seemingly eager to type back to someone. I wondered who was lucky enough to know and have such a positive response from the handsome stranger. I wondered if he was special to them, much like how he was becoming special to me.

"Hey there, stalker," came the voice of Taehyung from the front door. I jumped at the sound, having not heard him come in, causing him to laugh at my surprise.

"You're a rubbish guard dog, Jimin. You didn't even notice me open the door."

The upbeat form of my best friend entered the room, moving closer to me and flopping down face first on the comfortable sofa.

Most of our apartment was open plan; the kitchen, dining room and living room were all merged into one small, light, airy space. The walls were painted white and on them hung art that Tae had picked out to decorate our space, as well as some cool photos of his own that he had taken.

The floors were the same pale wooden floorboards that were there when we moved in and the sofa predecessed us too, though we swore it was the most comfortable one in the world. The kitchen cupboards and draws matched the light wood of the floors and the entire apartment featured little splashes of green. Taehyung had insisted on the house plants, as well as the green cushions and ornaments.

It was small and it was plain, but it was home to us. It was our own cosy little space, and we liked it. We tried to keep it tidy and organised, but we were students after all. It definitely got messy sometimes.

"I'm a dog now?" I asked, confused as to why the oddity before me had chosen to refer to me in that way.

"Face the facts, Chim, you're a canine," Taehyung answered, sitting up and counting things off his fingers as he listed them. "One: you dance around all day; two: you're a constant ball of happiness; three: you spend your free time sitting and looking out of a window, and let's not forget number four: the fact that you fawn after and basically drool over this one guy."

I stared, bewildered at my best friend before bursting into laughter at how funny and quick-witted he could be.

"Where in your brain did that even come from, Tae?" I asked him fondly, reaching out towards him and making grabby hands, needing his touch as I hadn't seen him in a few hours.

"The dark room labelled 'The Many Sides of Park Jimin'," he answered, getting up and walking over to stand next to me as I sat in my spot. His hands fell onto my shoulders where he began to gently massage them.

"Are you trying to say I'm two-faced, you cheeky dongsaeng?" I asked, smiling playfully while leaning into his hands as they eased the tightness in my shoulders. He was good at giving massages, and also at recognising when I needed them.

"I'm saying, dear hyung," he began sassily, "You have approximately ten point three million faces, and every single one of them is entirely genuine and amazing." He ended with a softer voice, proving the sincerity of his words to me.

He could be cute when he wanted to be.

"Taehyungieeeee," I squealed quietly, tilting my head up to look at him and moving one of my hands to meet his at my shoulder.

"I know, I'm getting soft. I place all of the blame on you," He said, pretending to be annoyed and flicking my cheek. He could fake it all he wanted, but I knew he secretly liked when his adorable side would come out to play.

I spun around to flick his face back, but before I made contact he grabbed my wrist and soon, there was an all out wrestle war going on.

He always beat me and this time, it seemed, would be no different. Taehyung pushed me down onto my back so that I lay on the windowsill, his knee on my stomach to pin me down and his hands clamped onto my fervent arms to prevent me from breaking free.

"Do you surrender to me, weakling?" He asked, hovering over me and giving me his best 'intimidation face' that was nothing other than goofy.

"Never!" I exclaimed with a bright smile, giving one final push with all of my strength to try to push him off. "Damn, Tae, have you been working out? Since when are you this strong?" I asked, finding that he I was not going to win by using just my strength.

It was time for dirty tactics.

I managed to shake the brown-haired boy's grip off one of my arms and jabbed straight into his sides to tickle him, knowing his weakness. I knew I had defeated him when he gasped and recoiled backwards.

I seized my opportunity and quickly got up, pushing the younger down onto the window seat instead and leaping on top to sit on his stomach. I pinned his arms down for good measure, sitting smugly on the belly of my best friend as he pouted playfully.

I laughed at Taehyung's helpless face staring up at me, still looking confused as to how he had lost so quickly.

"The tables have turned, my friend!" I said, letting go of his arms to do a victory dance on top of him as he laughed at my stupid moves.

"That's best friend to you, hyung, and you may want to take a look below you," Tae smiled, feigning innocence as I wondered what he could be talking about.

I was still waving my fists around in the air and grinning when I glanced down at where he was motioning to with his head. What I saw immediately made my arms cease their movements and my mouth drop open in horror.

Blueberry was staring right at me.

His beautiful face had an amused smile on it as he watched me move my arms around in my stupid, goofy dance that made me look like an absolute nutcase. I dreaded to even think what was going through his mind at that moment. I was so embarrassed.

My eyes locked with Blueberry's, and it was as if he was challenging me to look away first. He had a playful expression on his angelic face and I was floored, unable to process how cheeky and gorgeous he looked like that. I had butterflies in my stomach just from looking at him.

It took a few seconds for me to realise what I was doing, but soon I was leaping off Tae faster than the speed of light and running as far away from the window as I possibly could. My mouth was still wide open as well as my eyes, which were bulging at the fact that I just made prolonged eye contact with god himself.

Meanwhile, Tae was pointing at me and laughing his obnoxious laugh while watching me from the same position on the window seat. I could have murdered him in that moment, but one thing was for certain: I was never going to show my face outside ever again.

Never.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 380 25
Park Jimin X Jeon Jungkook When Jungkook, the super popular kid, started showing interest in Jimin, the blind boy that everyone ridiculed and called...
299 35 1
Caught in the web of shadows and secrets, Y/N's life takes a surprising turn when an elevator mishap reveals the layers of Park Jimin, the mysterious...
243K 7.4K 20
[COMPLETE] "So... you mean the guy I dumped coffee on this morning is actually my boss?" "Well, basically." Jungkook×Reader Jungkook×OC Update: OH M...
128K 7.6K 31
A man waved his hand to make me stop, and although I was wary of the guy, he looked sober though. Standing straight with such handsome business smile...