Shattered Memories

By Shadow-the-hedgehog_

Someone wants Shadow dead. Or at least for his mind to be 'reset'. Shadow was returning home late from stayin... More

**Notes and Warnings**
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Prologue

275 9 1
By Shadow-the-hedgehog_

(Normal POV)

A man found himself lying at the bottom of a cliff, his body was numb. He can't remember how he got there. He felt cold and couldn't move a muscle. 'Have fun remembering' was all that echoed in his mind. What did he have to remember? He tried to think but nothing came to.

'My name.. Is..' The man thought to himself but he couldn't even remember his own name. The sound of talking and flashes of lights suddenly rushed to the man.

His ears twitched as he heard rescue coming. The man couldn't find his voice as he wanted to plead for help. All the man could do stay still and let the people find him.

A blue haired male ran up to him, panicking at the state he saw the injured male was in. The blue haired man called over the others and tried to stay calm for the other. He took off his hoodie and pressed it against the injured man's chest.

The man just stared at him with a dazed look, nothing felt real at the moment. Voices were muffled and echoed as they sounded so far away.

"I-It's gonna be okay Shadz... Just hold on" The blue male said as the others finally started to surround them.The man thought to himself, 'Who is Shadz?...' Did he know this blue haired guy? Just what did this all mean.

As the other began to move him, the man screamed out in pain. It felt as each time he was touched or moved, every nerve in his body reacted negatively to it. The man cried out, trying to beg for them to stop, yet nothing was coming out. They tried to calm him down as they managed to carry him back up the cliff side.

The man choked on his own blood, groaning in pain. The blue haired man helped carry the man out and onto a stretcher. All the man could do was let them do their work to save him as he cried out in pain. Only to feel the world fade away once again.

Voices echoed in the man's head as he slowly faded away. Names and events slowly faded, along with people faces. Faces that he knew, were now blacked out as he forgot them. As he forgot who he was.

-Hours before-

The same man was at work, dressed in an army suit, as he worked on paperwork at his desk. He just wanted to get home. He had spent all day training and doing paperwork all day in his shared office. Only now did his co-worker appeared from her very long break, walking over to her desk.

"Hey Shadow. Why are you still here?" The woman asked, fixing her outfit. She proceeded to walk to her partners desk, leaning on it.

"Finishing up your work that they gave me. You can't keep doing this Rouge." The man, now know as Shadow said, rubbing his temples. He groaned as he gave the his co-worker a nasty glare."

"I never said you had to do it. You could've just left it for me." Rouge rolled her eyes. "But you're not like that. I told you that to leave it for me, yet you do it anyway." She put her hands on her hips. "Just go home you grump. You've had a long day." Shadow sighed, closing the folder he had in his hand. He did just have a long day, it was already nine at night as he's been working since six in the morning. To him, it felt like this day was never going to end.

"Fine. But, you have to finish these tonight Rouge.." Shadow stood up from his desk, stretching. "Understood?" Rouge nodded as Shadow walked for the door, grabbing his things.

"Understood, Captain Grumpy Pants" Rouge laughed to herself as she collected to paperwork from Shadow's desk. He scoffed before walking out of the room.

Shadow made it out of the G.U.N base, heading towards his motorcycle. He decided to stop by a cafe that stayed open late. It was his favorite place to go for some coffee.

As he walked in, the barista waved over, asking 'the usual?' Shadow nodded and she started working. He sighed as he was just wanting to go to bed to end this long day. As the barista finished, Shadow paid for his coffee and left the small shop.

Shadow decided to walked over to the small park across the street, as it had a patch of woods next to it. No one was out as it was late as Shadow prefered nobody to be around. This was helping soothe his headache as he watched the scenery around him.

As he was walking around, he found a man stumbling around as if he was injured. Shadow instantly caught the guy and helped hold him up.

"Sir. Sir, calm down." Shadow helped the man sit down down, kneeling down to his level. "Are you okay, sir? What happened?

"T-There's this robot in the w-woods." The guy stuttered. "It j-just started attacking me." Shadow was checking over the guys wounds and saw that they weren't that bad.

"Alright, I'll go check it out. Just stay here." Shadow set down his coffee next to the injured man before walking off.

Shadow walked into the woods, looking around slowly, until he found a robot. He couldn't quite see it's numbers just yet, but he knew it was a e-series model. Just the robot itself looked familiar to Shadow though. As Shadow grew closer, he set his hand on his gun just in case if the robot was rogue. The robot slowly turned, finally showing his number to Shadow.

"E-123?....Omega. Wait, you attacked someone?.." Something felt off with the robot. Shadow knew this robot wouldn't attack a human. Just as Shadow was about to pull out his gun, as omega lift up his arm shooting it's hand at Shadow's shoulder. Shadow's left arm was torn off with the blast, blood spraying out. Shadow screamed out in pain, holding where the arm was torn off as blood was gushing down his side.

"Mister..?" He heard the voice of the guy that was attacked behind him.

"N-No, stay ba-" Shadow panicked as he turned around, only to be punched in the gut. Shadow coughed up blood as he was staggering backwards. The 'injured' man just laughed as he slowly pulled of his hoodie.. Shadow watched in horror as the man's face change into someone he knew, his wounds instantly healing. Shadow's eyes widen as he was walking backward, bumping into a tree and used it as support.

"Miss me Shadow?.." The mysterious man smiled creepily at him. Crystals slowly started to form all over the man as he laughed.

"M-Mephiles.. Y-You were dead." Shadow mumbled in horror, groaning as his shoulder throbbed in pain.. Mephiles just walked closer to him, cupping Shadow's face and smiled

"Oh dear Shadow. My sweet, sweet Shadow... You can't kill me." Mephiles smirked, slashing Shadow's cheek with his nails. "Now, let's play a game. It'll be fun."

"I-I'm not going to play your games Mephiles." Shadow was feeling weaker by the minute, but at least he felt the blood slow down from flowing out. He just had to wait for his moment to escape.

"Don't worry Shadzy. It'll be fun!" Mephiles voice almost sounded like it was someone else Shadow knew, but it just had to be his mind playing tricks. "So, how about you try to run away while our corrupted robot buddy tries to stop you. Sounds like a fun game, hm?" Shadow snarled as he spit blood at him, only for Mephiles to slam Shadow's head against the tree. "So, I'll take that as a no. But you have no choice." Mephiles threw him to the ground, his face looked completely dead as he showed no emotion. "Run."

Shadow gasped as he struggled to stand, shaking from the sheer amount blood loss. He held his shoulder as he stumbled backwards, staring at Omega. He wanted to run, just the sound of Mephiles voice telling him to run scared him. Hell, he wanted this whole thing to just be a dream. None of this felt real to him. Not a single thing about this felt real..

"O-Omega... You know me.." Shadow tried to reason to with the robot, begging for him to come back. Omega only raised his hand, turning into a machine gun. Shadow's eyes widen, quickly turning to run away. He ran as fast as his legs could carrying him, dodging trees the best he could. Shadow was breathing heavily as his vision was blurring, he didn't know how much longer he could keep this up. Yet Shadow continued running, tripping on branches and roots.

Gunfire sounded off and Shadow felt this piercing pain shooting up his right leg. Shadow collapsed and struggled to even stand. His whole body was aching as he managed to crawl before standing up by using a tree. The robot was getting closer and Shadow took off again, nearly cursing everytime he took a step on his right leg.

As he was running the edge of the cliff appeared in sight. Shadow slowed to a stop, looking over the edge of it. He had nowhere to go, he ran himself into a corner. Panting, Shadow slowly turned around to find Mephiles and Omega walking up. The robot pointed his gun at Shadow. Mephiles laughed as he grew closer. His smirk grew as he saw hold defeated Shadow looked.
"I'm surprised that you're still alive Shadow! Good job but too bad this little game of ours has to end now." Mephiles snapped his fingers, the robot started shooting, hitting Shadow repeatedly in various areas. His chest, stomach and arms, all covered in bullet holes or scratches.

Shadow coughed up blood as he stared off, he felt like the world was fading away. Shadow stumbled backwards as Omega stopped and went into a resting position. As he was about fall, Mephiles caught him by holding him by his bloodied and torn uniform. Shadow was choking on his own blood, as his eyes slowly shifted to Mephiles. Shadow's eyes were unfocused and everything was a blur, not even details could be explained.

"Have fun remembering this. I'll have someone find you soon enough." His voice sounded so far away from him, so echoey and quiet. With that Mephiles dropped him, causing Shadow to fall off the cliff.

Shadow's body slammed against the rocks, getting thrown down like a rag doll and ended up landing on his back. Shadow choked on his own blood, not being able to move a muscle. The pain was too intense for him to even make a sound at the slightest.Then the pain slowly turned to numbness and Shadow had gone limp.

Shadow only saw blackness as he started to forget what just happened to him. He seemed to just forget everything he known. Only 'Have fun remembering this' echoed in his head. Remember what? What did he need to remember...? Who told him this? Nothing was making sense to him. Why couldn't he move?

All he could do was look into the night sky, feeling nothing. Until something blinded him, flashing in his eyes. Shouting followed soon after, Shadow groaned in pain as the pain started to come back. A blue haired male came running over, gasping at the shape Shadow was in. The guy called over help, scared to even touch the injured male. Shadow tried to focus on the new guy, trying to remember who he is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 2.8K 49
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
590K 18.1K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
1M 40.2K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
382K 14.4K 44
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹