Vertigo ( the 100 Bellamy Bla...

By Nina-Maire

Valery Kane has always been know as a shy and dreamily person. Until she reached the age of 16 and was caught... More

Prologue
1. Send to Earth.
2. Disunion
3. Into the woods
4. The hare
5. The hanging man
6. The Cabin in the Woods
7. the bird that fell out of the sky
8. The Search
9. Contact
10. The Grounder
11. "Unity" Day
12. The trade
13. The Fight
14. Reinforcements
15. Camp Jaha
16. Council Member
17. Lexa
18. Justice
19. The village
20. Training
21. The Mountain men
22. The village in flames
23. Mount weather
24. A familar face
25. Betrayal
26. Heda
27. Arkadia
28. Back home
29. The attack
30. The commander's spirit
31. The new Heda
32. The Queen
33. Take it or leave it
34. Ascende superius
35. Both sides now
36. The King ascends
37. Heavy lies the crown
38. Lies
41: The mission
42. Snow white's coffin
43. A new hope
44. The conclave
45. Praimfaya
46. Whatever it takes
47. Life and death
48. The Arena
49. Spitting image
50. The Route
51. Reunited
52. Sorrow, pain, anger and grief

40. Negotiations

772 12 1
By Nina-Maire

Valery was walking through the corridors, her head up high and ready to strike a blow if someone would cross her way. She made her way down to the stables, followed by her guard Horus. "Saddle two up, now." Valery ordered him. "My Queen?" Horus asked carefully. "You are going to take me to Arkadia, I need a word with a someone." Valery said irritated. "The King-"

"-The King can drop dead and so can you if you don't ready those bloody horses!" Valery said angrily and drew her hood over her head. Valery did not had to say it twice, and within ten minutes they rode out of Polis, to Arkadia. They rode in gallop to Arkadia, Horus hardly keeping track with Valery. "My Queen, it is not for me to judge but Skaikru-"

"-I know what they did, and that's why I want a word!" Valery said back to him. In the distance, she saw a man bend over someone ying on the ground. "Help!" The man shouted. Valery stopped abruptly and narrowed her eyes to have a better look at him. "My Queen, this is not-"

"-I recognize him." Valery replied and she dismounted her horse. "Oh shit..." The man mumbled. "My Queen." He replied. "Trishanakru, how did you find her?" Valery asked calmly, looking at an unconscious Octavia with a huge belly stab wound. "I was on my way home from Polis when I found her." He replied.

"Okay, get her on your horse, and follow me." Valery said with a sigh. With the three of them and a still unconscious Octavia, they made their way to Arkadia. In the distance, Valery saw the fences of Arkadia and the Ark rising above it. It made her feel a little anxious and sad but not enough to control her temper. They dismount their horses and walked to the gate.

"I have a wounded woman!" Ilian yelled, holding her. "Oh, and the Azgeda Queen!" He added quickly. The gates opened and Valery removed her hood. "It's Octavia Blake!" Ilian yelled as he was running inside the Ark. Valery saw Harper following Ilian.

"Damn, that's Val Kane."
"She married the Azgeda King."
"She's on the other side now."
"Man, she really looks like shit."

Several people were staring at her and whispering about her. Valery stopped and looked around, looking for a familiar face. The one who walked up to her none other than Jaha. "Valery Kane, how are you? For what do we owe this pleasure?" Jaha asked. Valery looked serious at Jaha. "Octavia's half dead. She was on her way to warn you. we found her and brought her here."

"Warn me? For what?" Jaha asked. Valery did not reply and walked passed Jaha, towards the Ark. She took a deep breathe and Valery kicked the door open, walking in. Octavia got taken away on a crash cart and everyone looked panicky at Valery when she appeared.

"Valery? What's going on? Is Roan marching towards Arkadia?" Clarke asked her. "Yes, he is." Valery replied. "Well, did you try to stop him?" Clarke asked. "I did not even know he was planning to attack it, just like I didn't know about this whole Ark thing you guys are working on!" Valery snapped.

"But Roan is on his way here with his army? Octavia told us." Clarke asked. "Yes he is and he has Kane and Bellamy as hostages!" Valery replied. "Oh no, what?!" Clarke asked panicky. "Well you can't blame him Clarke, I am also pretty pissed off! I had the right to know!"

"Well if it makes you feel better, you were on the list." Harper said stingy. "What list?" Valery asked confused. "Only a hundred people can be on the Ark, Clarke here made a list of the people worth living." Harper replied. Valery looked confused at Clarke and Harper. "Okay we will draw names now! But that's not the main issue now!" Clarke said irritated and looked at Valery.

"Why are you here Val? Truly." Clarke asked. "Roan is holding Kane and Bellamy as hostages. I don't know what Roan will do to them. Echo killed Stephens. Take me as a hostage here too, I know Roan would want me back. And I could maybe try to change his mind." Valery said with a sigh. "Val, why would you do that? Why would you go back to Roan? Stay with us. With Bellamy." Clarke said.

"I am pregnant Clarke. Roan doesn't know yet so it might help our case. He'd want his heir to be safe. Even if Azgeda gets their hands on the Ark, it'll be useless because they cant even count to ten and will all be dead within a week." Valery said indifferently. Horus grunted and Valery looked up at him.

Clarke nodded. "Okay." She said. "Harper, hey look at me, convene the guard. Miller's dad is ranking officer. If Azgeda's coming, we need to plan our defense, okay? I'll be there as soon as I can." Clarke said and walked away. "Niylah, I need your help." Clarke added. Nilay followed Clarke, probably to check up on Octavia.

"Val, could you come with us?" Monty asked. "You know more about the Azgeda army than we do." Valery nodded and followed Monty and Harper to the 'plan room'. The whole guard was looking a bit sheepishly at Valery, their eyes fixed in her crown, that kept sliding off when she bend over the map.

"Okay, we station gunners along the wall. That way we can thin their numbers before they get a chance to close the distance." David Miller said. "And when they get close?" Harper asked. "Hydrazine. We buried what was left in the engines when we landed. It's being dug up right now. We are going to pour it into the trenches."

Valery raised her eyebrows, startled, thinking about her 'subjects' being burned up. Clarke came into the room, telling Harper Octavia was fine. "Listen. All we have to do is spread it in front of the outer wall. When the army gets close-"

"-We light them up." Another guy finished David's sentence. "You want to light a fire outside the ship? That's quite risky." Valery said. "Exactly. We just spend the last month getting it ready." Monty said. "Month?" Valery asked alarmed. "Any word from Kane?" David asked.

"Valery told me Kane and Bellamy are being held hostages. I- I need to talk to Roan myself. There's only one way from here to Polis. I'll ride out with Val and meet him myself." Clarke said, Valery nodding in agreement. "No, absolutely not!" David shouted.

"Actually it might work." Monty said. "Monty, what are you talking about?" Harper asked. "The Ice Nation thinks they have the element of surprise but thanks to Octavia and Val, we do. Pike showed us how valuable that can be." Monty replied. "You're citing Pike?" Hrper asked with disbelief.

"As awful as that sounds, yes." Monty said. "I suggest Clarke's taking me there, while you and some others will hold your guns, back us up." Valery said to Monty. Monty nodded in agreement. And so, they made the plan.

Valery was standing outside of the room, thinking about what all had happened. She understood both sides and they had good motives, but why didn't they tell her? Yes, she is a bit spying for both sides but she just wants to keep the peace. Peace is all she wants. And if the Ark works, great but that won't solve a thing. And if Abby's plan works, okay even better.

Valery got woken up out of her thoughts by Clarke. "Val?" Valery looked up to Clarke looking exhausted. "I uh, thank you for informing us and helping us." Clarke said. Valery nodded. "I am not doing it for you Clarke. I don't really care about Azgeda, they don't even like me. But they are people, my people somehow and they deserve the same chance as us. Just like the other clans. And you guys not telling me about the Ark and Luna... I mean, I know I went to Azgeda but-"

"-Val, you will always belong to us. And whether or not we will survive this, you will be with us. We choose not to tell you not because we don't trust you, but if Roan would find out somehow we wanted you to not know anything, to protect you." Clarke said seriously and she grabbed Valery's hand that was resting on her stomach.

"How far are you?" Clarke asked. Valery looked up to her. "Four weeks." Valery said and smiled sadly. "Even if we die in six months, this baby would have made it further than..." Valery stopped talking and took a deep breathe. Clarke hugged Valery tight and together they prepared for their journey.

Clarke tangled Val's hair, to make her look a bit messy. She tore Valery's dress and smudged some dirt over her. "Ready?" Clarke asked. Valery nodded. Clarke tied Valery's hands behind her back, put a cloth in front of her mouth and put a hood over her head. Monty and co. brought Clarke and Valery to the valley, where they'd meet Roan.

Clarke stood down with Valery, placing Valery on her knees on the ground. Marching footsteps were approaching but suddenly stopped. "We need to talk!" Clarke shouted. "Little late for that." Roan replied. Roan shouted something about attacking Clarke but Valery figured he had seen Monty and the rest.

"Your move Wanheda." Roan said. Valery felt the hood being yanked off her head. She blinked a few times, adjusting her eyes to the light. When she opened them, she saw Roan on a horse next to Echo, with her father and Bellamy tied up in front of them. "Ten minutes is all I ask." Clarke said and she cut Valery's ropes loose. Clarke put the crown back on Valery's head and she walked away. Roan stepped off his horse.

"Wait. Where is she going?" Echo asked. "What if it's a trap?" Roan looked back at Echo. "It is a trap, we are already in it." Roan replied. Roan walked up to Valery first and helped her up. "Did you warn them?!" He whispered sharply. Valery nodded. "I had no choice, Roan. You had all the right to come up here with your army. I am angry too. But hear her out, please." Valery insisted.

Roan sighed and shook his head. He followed Clarke to their meeting point. Valery walked back to Azgeda's side, and stood down next to her father and Bellamy. Echo looked fiercely at Valery. "You are not my Queen, I will never bow to you. You are a liar and a traitor." Echo said to Valery. Kane and Bellamy looked both at Valery waiting for her response.

"You are right Echo, I am a liar and a traitor. But if you are still here in 7 months, it is me and Skaiku to thank." Valery said to her. "We will see." Echo replied with gritted teeth. Valery looked back to the front. "Val?" Bellamy asked. "Octavia? is she alive?" He asked hoarsely. "I found her, there was already someone helping her. She'll be alright." Valery replied.

Kane and Bellamy sighed out of relief. "How are you Val?" Bellamy asked. "I am feeling great, Bell, thanks." Valery replied sarcastically and she sat on the ground. She crossed her legs and looked to the ground. Bellamy moved a bit to the right and sat down next to Valery. "I miss you Val..." Bellamy whispered.

Valery looked at Bellamy and smiled faintly. "I miss you too Bell." She replied and she shook her head. "What a load of crap huh?" Valery said and she started to giggle. "Yeah shit." Bellamy said and together they laughed. "These folks don't even like me. I don't blame them though. I am smart and cool; civilized. These people don't know shit." Valery whispered and they grinned again.

"About what can you two be possibly laughing? We are at war!" Kane hissed angrily. Valery exchanged looks with Bellamy and shut up. Suddenly they saw someone walking from behind the rocks. "Hey stop! I am unarmed." Monty said with his hands up high. "I need to talk to whoever is in charge."

Bellamy and Kane looked both at Valery and she stood up. An Azgeda man grabbed Monty and threw him in front of Valery's feet. "One of our people has moved out of formation. I've reason to believe he's trying to kill the King." Monty said to Valery. "Why are you telling us this?" Echo asked. "Why do you think he's telling you this? He's trying to stop a massacre." Bellamy replied.

"Who is it?" Valery asked. "Riley." Monty replied. "Riley? He shouldn't even be here." Bellamy replied confused. "Yeah that seems to be the consensus." Monty replied.

"Echo, you and two others go after the King." Valery said to Echo and she bend over to Bellamy. She cut him loose. "What are you doing?" Echo asked alarmed. "If the snipers see archers on the move, they'll open fire, right?" Valery asked Monty. "Yes, those are our orders." Monty said.

"I will not allow my king, your husband, to be assassinated!" Echo said angrily to Valery. "He doesn't have to be, that's why Bellamy is joining you. He knows Riley, so he comes with you." Valery said. "Do you think I am a fool, Valery?" Echo asked Valery.

"No I don't think you are a fool Echo. I just think you are the most boring, annoying and sickish person to have ever walked on this earth. And I'd love them to shoot every bullet available in you. But that's not my top priority at the moment. My priority is my husband to return here safe, your King. So use Monty's damned radio and let Kane tell them you two are working together to find Riley, and they'll let you pass." Valery replied with gritted teeth.

Echo grabbed the radio out of Monty's hands and gave it to Kane, who grabbed it. "This is Chancellor Kane." Kane said. "Sir are you alright?" David Miller replied. "Listen to me. Bellamy's working with one of theirs to find Riley You let them through, understood?" Kane said. "Copy that." David replied.

Echo grabbed the radio out of his hand and attached it to her belt. "If I am not back before sun goes down, you kill the hostages." Echo said and she walked away with Bellamy. Monty and Kane exchanged looks and looked up to Valery. "I don't think so." She replied. After half an hour, Roan, Clarke, Riley, Echo and Bellamy returned.

Roan walked up to Valery and kissed her. "What did you discuss?" Valery asked. "If the Nightblood won't work, we will share Arkadia." Roan said. Valery sighed out of relief and she hugged him. "I have some good news too, Roan." Valery said and she smiled. "I am pregnant." She said with a faint smile.

Roan looked at Valery, emotionless. "That is great Val." Roan said and he kissed Valery quickly. Valery smiled and turned around, looking at a shocked face of her father and a more even shocked Bellamy. "Bell..." Valery started but Bellamy turned away from her. There suddenly was a huge explosion and in the far they could see smoke rising up.

"It comes from Arkadia!" Valery yelled. They started to move towards Arkadia and when the night had fallen they arrived. The whole Ark was on fire. Several people were running aground, screaming. "Octavia? I have to find Octavia!" Bellamy said to Clarke. They walked towards the Ark, and suddenly Ilian came out with Niylah and Octavia.

"O!" Bellamy yelled and took her over from him. Another explosion came out of the Ark. Valery covered her mouth with her hand, looking terrified at the view. The Ark, her home, broke down in front of her. The pace where she had so many memories, the good and the bad ones. Kane stood down next to her and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they watched the Ark burning up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 1K 25
COMPLETED [ BOOK ONE ] "Welcome to the new age." 2 years ago, I picked up the gun that had killed my father and used it to shoot the man who had sho...
1M 27.4K 42
Having been ripped out of her mother's arms right after being born a minute later than her twin, Wren Jordan was sent to the Sky Box on the Ark. Cons...
18.3K 319 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
Warrior By Maddie

Fanfiction

215K 4.1K 31
A story in which a twelve year old girl on the ark, locked up for secrets she has yet to reveal, gets sent down to the mysterious earth with 99 other...