A Dark Dance (A Fire Emblem A...

By MMZelda

"This is not your - your fault... Promise me you'll escape from this place... Please, go..." That fateful day... More

Note
Prologue: Invisible Ties
Chapter 1: Family Bonds
Chapter 2: Unease Rises
Chapter 3: Twins
Chapter 4: Aversa: Puppet of Darkness
Chapter 5: Mother: Queen of the Mysterious
Chapter 6: Black seeps
Chapter 7: Caught in a web
Chapter 8: The mask
Chapter 9: Beginning of an end
Chapter 10: Dark Flames
Chapter 11: Excuting the Plan
Chapter 12: Betrayal
Chapter 13: Mother-Daughter Realationship
Chapter 14: A Good Cry Can Heal
Chapter 15: Hatred and Power
Chapter 16: Stories from the Pain
Chapter 17: Till Death do Us Part
Chapter 18: Acts and Flames
Chapter 19: Rings and Swords
Chapter 21: Companions and Conspiracies
Chapter 22: Descend into the Vault
Chapter 23: Naga
Chapter 24: Shadows Surround
Chapter 25: Rise and Fight
Endgame: Safe in my Arms

Chapter 20: Escape Act

180 7 1
By MMZelda

Lucina's POV

"Well, this is an predicament."

We, the Shepherds, stood in Khan Flavia's chamber. I sighed and nodded my head. I had just told her all that had happen since the beginning of the Ylisse-Plegian War. About Morgan and Alex's betrayal, where Robin was this whole time, and the rise of Grima. Surprisingly, it felt good to get it of my chest. Though painful, having someone other than the Shepherds to talk to felt good.

"You said you had your brother held captive, right?" Flavia confirmed.

"Yes," I replied.

"What exactly is your plan for him?"

I paused. I knew my reason for keeping him and not killing him, but would it really matter? Everything he does making my head do flips. I sighed. "Well, if we keep him like we have been doing, it subdues the threat that he is. But, Grima still has a hold on him. If could, I would want to release him. He's still my brother."

"You sound just like your parents."

"Huh?"

Flavia laughed. "Chrom would do anything for family, and Robin always thought logically, but still cared about everyone around her. They truly were two halves of a greater whole. Together, they were unstoppable.

"But, now, we are up against Robin's brains and Grima's power. If Grima was able to break Robin, then, his plans and schemes also make him a formidable foe. To be honest, with all the Risen and Grimleal, I don't know how we are going to break through and defeat Grima. The only thing I can think of is try and get something out of Morgan. Can we bring him here?"

"Sure." I turned to one of the soldiers that was with us. "Can you bring Morgan here?"

"Yes, your Highness," the soldier said bowing. He hurried out of the room.

"How do you think you would release Morgan from Grima's grip?" Flavia asked.

"I have no idea. Naga said that it would have to be before Grima was resurrected..."

"But now, Grima's back."

"Exactly, but Morgan confuses me. One minute, he acts like he will kill me; the next like he's my little brother that loves me. I can't tell if he is doing this conscientiously or he is switching between the two people with no control over it."

"Maybe, he wants you to be confused. Has he mentioned Grima at all when he being nice."

"Now that you mention that... he always avoid anything about Grima and remains silent if he is brought up." I pondered this, but my thought process was interrupted when the door slammed open. The soldier I had sent out to get Morgan ran in and was out of breath.

"Morgan's... escaped," he huffed out.

"What?!"

"I went there and found all the soldiers that were guarding him dead, and the chains in the tent were snapped."

"I'm going there, now." I stomped forward towards the door. The soldier ran up beside.

"Allow me to escort you. He might still be around." I smiled at him and hurried over to camp. By the sounds of it, it seemed like the Shepherds followed me, but I didn't turn around to see if this was true. After about five minutes, we arrived at the tent Morgan was being held in, and just as the soldier said, five soldiers were dead, covered in bruises, whelps, and blood.

"What did he use to kill them?" I muttered as I stared at the gory scene. There was no way that he killed him using his bare hands; the wounds wouldn't be as bad. That and the soldiers would have overwhelmed and defeated him.

I walked in the tent and saw the snapped chains, but the clamp at the end of the chain was missing. Likely,  they were still on Morgan's wrists. A small white square caught my attention. It laid perfectly in the center. I picked it up and noticed writing on it.

"Sorry, Sister, but being chained up isn't exactly my style. So, I left, but don't worry. I still love you.

Your dearest brother,

Morgan."

I crumbled up the paper and threw it on the ground.

'I'll find you, Morgan. No matter where you are, I will find you, so just you wait.'

Morgan's POV

I bit into an apple I stole from the food storage as I walked through the light snow. Chains were still on my wrists and ankles, causing a metallic noise, but they didn't restrict me. It annoyed me that I couldn't get them off. 'I wish I grabbed that key.'

At least the chains served as a weapon. I didn't want to use Yggdrasil's Lament, for I didn't want Grima or anyone else to figure out its secret. Using the chains, I killed the five guards outside. I would keep the chains on until my mark healed. They severed it everyday in captivity, so the flesh had gotten used to it being open.

I figured I would find a village, pleaded that I was kidnapped, and get a blacksmith to remove the chains. I wandered through the wilderness until I found a road. I followed the path, and soon enough, I found a town.

"Hey, kid!" a voice yelled. I turned around and saw a merchant. He rode a horse and guided another one that pulled the caravan of goods. His eyes widened, assuming that he was my chains. "Why do you have chains?"

'I need to act like a helpless little kid if want to get what I want.' "Bandits took me away," I cried, faking tears. "I was so scared! A mister came along and freed me, but he was killed by the bad people! I ran and ran, but I still don't know where my family is or my town."

The merchant seemed a little shock that a child just told his whole sob story to him, but he tried his best to "comfort" me. "Shush, I'll help you find your home, but first, let's get these chains off. I surprised you lasted this long with these chains. A small child like you would weary from carrying these chains."

"I just want them off!"

"Okay. Follow me. I'll protect you." He got off his horse and held out a hand. I grabbed his hand, and he put me on his horse. He jumped on and grabbed the reins.  He kicked the horse, and we galloped toward the town in the distance.

Once in town, we went to an inn and tavern.  The man went inside and left me on the horse.  He returned, saying that he had got a room for us.  He helped me off and led me to the room. 

"Now, stay in here," he commanded.  "I'm going to find someone to take off those chains."  I simply nodded my head, and he was off. 

"What to do, now," I wondered out loud.  I looked around the room.  It had two windows and two twin beds.  There was a small table with chairs. 

I sat down on the left bed and sighed.  My gaze wandered as I spaced out.  Something caught my eye out the window.  Children playing without a care in the world, but soon enough, their parents came to gather them up.  I noticed something similar in the tavern; that it was like everyone forgot about Grima.  I looked at the tainted red sky - though not as red as the day at the Dragon's Table. 

Their world was falling apart, and they didn't care.  Maybe, they thought they were going to die no matter what, so they were living life to the fullest.  Perhaps, because they were in Ferox, they thought they were far enough away.  Either way, they were carefree and a tad reckless. 

I took off the bandage that was wrapping my right hand and stared at the mark for a long time, my mind lost in a dream world.  The ring was there, and the mark was spilt down the middle.  After what seemed like a long time, I put the bandage back on, laid back on the bed, and took a nap.

I awoke to a sturdy hand, gently shaking me.  I grabbed the wrist and opened my eyes.  Realizing it was the man, I dropped the wrist and mumbled an apology. 

I sat up and noticed a man with a bread sitting on the other bed.  He smiled at me. "I'm Theo," he said, holding his hand. "And, you are?"

'Oh crap, I can't just say my name. Who knows how infamous I am? They could know.' I mentally scratched my head and said the first thing that came to mind. "My name is Raven." I stood up, grabbed his hand, and shook it.

"Well, Francis here," 'Francis! That's his name!' "told me about your predicament, so I'm gonna take those nasty things off. Sound good?" I smiled. "Alright then, follow me."

We walked through the streets of the town that were bustling with kids, shoppers, and vendors.  Though a small town, it reminded me of Ylisstol.  All the sounds echoed and surrounded me.  It was like I was a little kid again, running and playing hide and seek in the city.  Those were my most vivid memories - full of joy and bliss. 

Five minutes later, we arrived at a building with smoke rising out of a chimney, Theo's shop.  The smell of iron filled my nose.  It was hotter in here than outside due to the furnace in the corner of the room. 

"Come here," Theo beckoned, standing at a table.  "Let me see them."  I put my arms on the table.  He looked at the clamp of the chain, especially the keyhole.  Then, he grabbed a bucket, full of a mysterious white liquid and poured the liquid in the keyhole.  He stuck a metal stick into the liquid.  "Stay still.  It has to dry.  Then, we can turn it and open up the chains."

We waited about fifteen minutes before he tried turning it.  The top part of the makeshift key broke off, leaving just the metal stick and the bottom half.  It turned and clicked.  I removed the chain and shook out my hand, relived about the freedom that my wrist had.  Theo pulled out the key and used it for the other three chains. 

"There you go," Theo said, "all better now."

"Thank you," I smiled. 

I noticed his gaze turned toward my hand.  "What happened?"

"They stabbed my hand everyday while I was in captivity as a form of punishment and torture.  I..." I was interrupted by a scream.  Theo and Francis ran out the door to see what the commotion was.  I followed them and saw a small brigade of Risen. 

Women brought children in houses while men grabbed their weapons.  Francis and Theo did the same.  Francis told me to go inside, but I stayed put.  Not that I wanted to fight Risen, but I wasn't just some child.  I could hold my ground. 

I watched as three knights rode out and attacked the Risen.  It was ten to three, but the knights were holding their ground.  They took out two of them, but then the Risen scattered and raced toward the town.  One was headed straight for Theo and Francis.  Before they could react, the Risen raised its axe.  It swung and hit a wall of darkness.  I looked in awe, just like my company.  Even the Risen seemed surprised, realizing that it was the power of Grima.  It look me dead in the eye and cried out.  It turned and ran, and all the others followed it. 

Theo and Francis stared at me.  I looked down at my hand that shone purple and was not bandaged.  The Mark of Grima showed itself and was whole again. 

"Just who are you?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 212 7
When the daughter of a nobleman goes missing in the run-up to Sir Amias' Day, Robin turns from tactician to detective in a race to find her. Amid the...
11.3K 366 10
The holy festival of Divine Day is a foreign concept to Robin. Luckily, Chrom is determined to make her first experience a perfect one. But it's just...
837 10 7
Princess Lucina was born in the castle of Ylisse, One day when her mother passed away. Her father Chrom forbid to leave her castle under any conditio...
189 4 7
Robin: awakes in a strange land with no memories. Somehow recognizing the Prince of Ylisse she manages to make many friends and go on missions with t...