The Choice

Galing kay Abha3006

Meet Tarun Mehra, all his life he had enjoyed the appreciation and adoration. Blessed with looks and physic o... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Epilogue
Cast & trailer

Chapter-9

12.1K 902 79
Galing kay Abha3006

Praveen found himself at crossroads, he couldn't decide which way to go. Talk to Kajal and convince her to stay back , sort things out with Tarun or go and smack Tarun. He didn't know the exact matter but his instinct could guess it easily. He ran to the place where the friends had gathered, his feet halted at a distance hearing the words, it took him just a second to conclude, ''Tarun , you should have stood up for your choice.'' Zenab preached and Praveen clapped

''Do you really think this man is capable of standing up for anything? Can you Tarun?''

Traun frowned at Praveen's sudden question. ''Ignore him, he is a waste'' Sejal interjected

Praveen laughed aloud, he was aware Kajal must have left by now. Moving to Saqib he gave him a firm hand shake, ''I applaud you for marrying such a venomous female.'' Zenab was about to retort but Praveen had enough, ''Shut up! Both of you. And Tarun Mehra, Congratulations! You are free of the unwanted choice your mother pushed you too. Your wife...'' He shook his head , ''Correction....Kajal, just walked out on you. The Traun Mehra got rejected...and rest of you Applauds for breaking your so called idol's marriage even before it started.'' Praveen was sarcastic in a way that none had guts to open their mouth.

''That's her loss''

''Shutup! Will you? Do you have any idea what you girls have done.'' Saqib was mad at his wife and Sejal. He loved Zenab and ignored her pricey attitude taking it to be her childishness but now he felt miserable for not stopping her before, ''Sejal if you are dreaming to be his wife, let me enlighten you after this episode Devyani Aunty won't even spit on your face, let alone glance at it.'' Turning to Tarun he added, ''What are you doing sitting here, go stop her.''

''She is gone, and Tarun you just lost the most precious thing of your life.'' Tarun couldn't move. Blood drained off his limbs, he had come here to spend some good time with his friends. He wanted to Kajal to get comfortable with them, but life took a different turn. He didn't know what to say and how to react.

''Sir, you asked for a cab.'' The voice of the bell boy broke the deafening silence.

Praveen nodded, ''yes'' Turning to his friends he smiled, ''I am leaving too. I don't want to waste my time and energy with people like you.''

''Praveen, please stay he needs you.'' Saqib requested

Praveen shook his head, ''No, he is better off with that false praises and people like them. I am no more his friend, he disappointed me too much this time.'' Praveen gave his childhood friend a pity full look before leaving the place. ''Tarun go, even if means following her to world's end. She is your wife.'' Saqib shook Tarun, but to his annoyance Tarun sat there all frozen and disoriented. Saqib dragged Zenab away giving her an earful and slowly others too walked off, leaving Tarun alone with his misery

With lot of effort he lifted his body up making his way to the room which was now  just his. He couldn't think, he never expected or wanted Kajal to hear those unkind words. But who was he kidding, deep down in his heart he knew he was at fault

Swiping the key, he unlocked the door and moved in, the emptiness came as a slap. She didn't find him worthy enough even for a confrontation, she just walked off. He swallowed the dryness as his palm wiped his sweaty forehead. He hoped that she chose to go back to their house and wait for him, pulling his phone he quickly checked for flights. All for the nights and morning were full, he was forced to book one for next day evening. ''I will talk to her, she will listen to me. She isn't unreasonable, she can't just walk out of a marriage.'' He consoled himself gaining a temporary relief, but his hopes shattered when he found her ring next to his pillow. He picked it up, staring at it for long couldn't she leave a note? He questioned, but who was he to ask for answer when it was him who had put a big question mark on their relation. Throwing his body back on the bed, he held his head in his hand. Why life had to take his route?

***

Kajal could manage to get an early morning flight, she didn't mind spending the night at the small airport than spending with the man who made their relationship a joke. She knew she could have easily confronted Tarun or given back to his snobbish friends, but she didn't, and why should she when her husband declared her to have been a forced choice.

Leaning back on the chair, she stared at the white ceiling contemplating on next steps. Going back to her mother's place would give her parents a panic attack. But she had to tell them the truth, argued her mind. They had the right to know, she was aware that families would ask her to sought things out amicably, but she wouldn't. It was a small thing for others as world goes by 'it happens in marriages ...adjustment is the key.' Not for her, she was being betrayed and on emotional front, she couldn't forgive that so easily. Kajal closed her eyes once and opened them again, she knew what had to be done.

***

''Kajal? But you were in Goa?'' Devyani was shocked to find her daughter in law standing at her door in morning with her eyes and face wearing a dull expression.

Kajal placed her bag on the floor and turned to her mother in law, ''Mom, I won't take long. Just answer this, was I being forced on Tarun. Did he marry me under some pressure?''

Devyani and Jatin looked from one to other, it wasn't difficult for them to understand what would have happened. ''Tell us everything'' Devyani said

With a sigh, Kajal narrated all, ''I know you might take this as an immature step...'' He words halted when Devyani kept her hand over Kajal's , ''No, it is not. Whatever your decision would be I am with you.''

Kajal hesitated, ''I don't want to be in this marriage. Its like mocking a sacred bond. I am moving out today and will file for an annulment soon.'' The older couple couldn't say a word. Their son had created a mess which they did know how to sort out. Without wasting a minute Kajal left the place. She had clear her stuff from Tarun's apartment and soon. Kajal went straight to her parents and told them their decision, Sheela wanted to protest but Arun stopped her. He knew it wasn't the right time, Kajal was hurt and broken. Any suggestion given to her right now have an adverse effect. Arun decided to support his only child. He knew when and how to talk to Kajal

It was in late evening when Kajal woke up, the emotional turmoil had taken toll on her and she just wanted all to forget all. The time made her jump out of the bed, she wanted to collect her things before Tarun returns.

Kajal unlocked the door of her apartment and her heart clenched. She had started dreaming about making this as her home. Her eyes started welling up, she cursed herself for ignoring those warning signs that rang in her head during the wedding. Wiping her cheeks, she moved to her room and pulled out her large suitcase and started throwing her clothes into it.

''Thank god you are here'' Tarun's voice froze her. She didn't react, neither she turned to face him. Resuming her work, she started throwing her clothes in to bag all the way more furiously. Tarun walked to her, he stood at a distance behind her, ''Kajal, talk to me.''

She ignored and moved to the other shelf to pack her work-related stuff. Tarun watched all with patience and when he couldn't take more he turned her around with a jerk, ''Talk to me.''

''I am moving out and filing for an annulment, you will be free of this forced choice soon.'' She said turning away again. He grabbed her arm, pulling her to him. His heart constricted watching her tear laden eyes, ''Kajal.....'' This was all he could say. She tried pushing him, but he couldn't let go, ''Listen to me, I am sorry you had to hear all that. I will make them apologise to you.''

''Then what? We will go back being a couple. Tarun I care a damn what they feel or think about me, but it hurt to know that man I have taken as my partner couldn't stand up and defend me.'' She was breathing hard, sniffing once she added, ''Why did I even expect you to fight for me when you couldn't do to for himself. I don't know the reason which made you marry me nor I am interested in knowing it, all I want is to be free of this unwanted trauma.''

''This is marriage and it cannot be broken just like that.'' Tarun reasoned

''Oh! Why not, because that would be a dent on your reputation just like I am. But what about me, did you even think of my feelings. No, you just wanted to be a good son and an idol to your friends. You accepted your mother's will and then dumped the blame on her infront of your friends pretending to be a sacrificial lamb, Tarun Mehra the owner of all things beautiful had to settle for ugly Kajal, right? I am sure they must be pitying you for marrying a simpleton like me. Guess what Tarun Mehra, I am leaving you because you don't fit the expectations of my ideal husband. ''

She zipped her bags , pulled them down ready to leave but he blocked her path, ''Give me a chance, give us a chance.''

''I made a big mistake a month back, I am not making another one trusting you again.'' She walked past him , but halted when he grabbed her wrist. ''I am not done Kajal, this doesn't end here. I have committed myself to this relationship and I will bring you back.''

''why? and for whom? I am not in love with you Tarun, and after what happened in Goa , I can never be in love with a weakling like you. We have no reason to stay together''

''Marriage is the reason enough''

She laughed, ''Are you kidding me? Just because I took 7 vows infront of the crowd and made promises I should be taking shit on my self respect. No, marriage isn't just vows, its more than that. I wish you could have understood that and it would have saved all of the us the current pain. Good Bye Tarun.''

Jerking his hand she walked off, the anger and pain was too much to contain within. Dumping her stuff in the car boot, she took the place at driver's seat. But couldn't drive away, tears came down her face again. Her eyes turned in the greed of having a last glance at her house, but they met his. He stood at the portico watching her. Turning her eyes away that moment, she pressed the accelerator and drove off, away from him and his life.

Tarun stood at the same place for long, even the cloud of dust that her vehicle left had now disappeared. Turning around he moved back to his apartment and crashed on the couch. He had never felt so tired and exhausted. His friends tried reaching him, but for the first time he ignored  all. He wanted Praveen to guide him today, but the guy had blocked his number. He wanted his parents to intervene, that door too was closed. His mother had expressed her disappointment very clearly. He could hear that in her voice. He got up and moved into the room, he needed a nap to freshen his mind. Picking his night clothes he moved to changed. There, on the dressing table was her bracelet that sparkled back at him. He picked it up reminiscing the past month. They did have some good moments, he wasn't sure what he was going to do, but one thing was sure he would not divorce her at any cost

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how was it, do drop in your comments and don't forget to vote.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.1K 165 28
To everyone who thinks they have the best frictional boyfriend.. You guys didn't met rafael yet..! Male lead: This is a story of a dr who is also the...
508K 25.3K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...
1M 70.7K 49
"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am co...
23.8K 886 18
"I will break your ego by marrying you and leaving you alone,I will see how you will face the world" he said. And he did what he said. After some t...