Trollhunters: Tales of Baniar

By Just_A_Lonely_Girl3

||OCxJim|| A SORCERESS dead, but not gone AN HEIR unwilling, but strong A BEST FRIEND lost, but hopeful A HUN... More

Note
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen

Part Ten

272 8 0
By Just_A_Lonely_Girl3

I sometimes wondered what my mum would think of my life, if she would have hated it or loved it. Would she have had supported my decisions? Would she still defend me when dad got mad? I hoped she was proud of me. Still, I doubted even my mum would be able to help me get through this Spanish lesson.

Spanish was certainly not the last lesson I wanted on my Monday, which was already a day where my patience bore thin. It didn't help that people were giving me odd stares, but I wasn't sure if those were for the fact that I was distancing myself from West or for the appearance. I had seen the difference in the mirror this morning.

The stress had been catching up to me, and I found it difficult to get a full night's sleep. I was paler, and grey bags had formed lightly under my eyes. And yet, I felt as alive as ever. I knew that as soon as this tiresome class finished, I would go back to Jim. I would go home. Undoubtedly, I liked staying at Trollmarket much more than my own home and as long as I knew it wasn't any trouble, I wanted to stay for longer.

Food, human food, hadn't been a problem. The forest had heaps of berries and fruits, with wild animals that I would eat. Of course, the school still offered food so I would buy that, but Jim would always help me get food.

Jim. The beautiful, blud-eyed troll. I had only known him for a week, and yet it felt like I had been with him for an eternity. He had been my first kiss, and I longed to see him once more.

"Señorita Caster?"

I turned my head sharply to see Señor Sãnchez giving me a pointed look. I ducked my head to cover my heated face, knowing that my blush would be bright pink.

"Los siento, Señor," I apologised hastily, mumbling into my arms.

I looked up slightly to see the teacher nod stiffly, and continue his lesson. I hadn't been paying attention, but I could tell we were still on our previous topic of countries and where everyone was from. I wasn't, at all, good at the subject. I didn't really have much of an interest for it and the infuriating teacher simply fueled this. But at least I had memorised how to apologise in Spanish due to the amount of times I have had to do it.

This particular lesson seemed to drag on impossibly long, and it made me even more impatient when I remembered that it was still only the first day of the school week.

Clearing his throat, Señor straightned the glasses perched on his nose and took a seat at his spot at the front desk.

"Now, the homework," he declared, luckily speaking in English. "How many of you decepciones didn't do it and are about to give me some excuse?"

The homework. I cursed silently, having forgotten about it completely. I had been too preoccupied and was going to complete it this morning before school but it had slipped my mind. I wasn't too concerned, however, as most of the class didn't ever do their homework. I wouldn't be singled out.

My heart sank as I realised only two other people hadn't completed it. The teacher slowly walked over to the first student, waiting for a reason as to why. It was no secret that Señor Sãnchez was terrifying, and I wasn't surprised when the kid answered with a squeak.

"I-uh my mum had to go to the hospital," he answered, but the teacher's eyes didn't soften as we expected them to.

The teacher countered. "Was there no waiting time? Your madre, I'm sure, had to wait a while to get help. Couldn't you have completed the task then?"

"Y-yes sir," the kid, who I now recognised as Jeremy, sighed.

Jeremy was short, with wavy brown hair. He was ordinary, but I knew he had a crush on Harriette. I was still meaning to talk to her, to apologise for my behaviour. I refocused to see the teacher walking over to me. My breathing hitched as he gave me a cold glance.

"Do tell, Señorita Caster, why haven't you completed the work?"

I ran away from my abusive father to a colony of trolls existed and learnt that I had magic.

"I just- ran out of time," I told him, knowing myself that the answer was shameful.

The class was silent for a moment, before the teacher let out a long breath. "Since this is you first time, no detention. As for the other two, detention for two weeks."

While the two boys let out a groan, I breathed out in relief. I had enough on my plate, and I could do definitely without Spanish homework or detention. Detention always went for an hour after school and was held by one of the worst teachers in the school, Mr. Hans. He didn't allow anything. No talking, no doing work, no looking around. If he caught you doing practically anything, he would hand out more detention. I don't think anyone in the school liked him, and I was glad he taught years younger than my own.

I glanced at the clock, rubbing my face in frustration when I realised we still had twenty minutes of class left. It seemed my luck had run out.

"Partner up," Señor instructed, "and ask your partner what they like about where they are from."

Immediately, the class located someone to pair up with, and I was left sitting alone. I didn't mind being alone, in fact I enjoyed it more than being in the company of some people, but I had nobody to complete the task with as there was an uneven amount of people.

I looked back at the front to see the teacher giving me another pointed look.

"Are you the last one?" he groaned, and I glared at him.

He was as unhappy as I was, because now we had to work together. I wasn't even sure why he ever became a teacher, because he hated almost everyone.

"Por qué yo?" Señor cursed, before sighing deeply. "Just sit there. I don't care."

Silently, I thanked him. I gazed out the window, sighing deeply. The school window gave a beautiful view of the oval, which led to the forest line. I enjoyed the Autumn season, where a mixture of green, red, orange and yellow filled the streets. Even in our small town of Baniar, the town was thriving. My eyes swept around the view, and I was glad that we were in the second story of the building. It was one of the only two-storey buildings, and the fact that I sat near the window was the only thing I enjoyed about Spanish.

My mind went to Westley, and my heart ached. I hadn't confronted him on what he had said before Jim had appeared, but I was terrified to do so. He liked me. If this had been confessed before I had met Jim, I would have been happy. I remembered the way my heart would flutter at even the site of West smiling, and the way he held my hand. And yet, after meeting Jim, those feelings had vanished.

And just like that, the bell rang it's loud and irritating sound. I immediately sprung up from my seat and gathered my things, ready to leave. My heart raced at even the thought of seeing Jim, which only fueled my excitement. I still had to get my things from my locker, and then I would get to go there. Home. Home, where Jim would be waiting for me, and we would go off on some adventure for hours until dinner. Home, where I belonged.

Señor dismissed the class impatiently, and I was among the first to exit the room. My locker was only down the stairs and along the hall, so I got there quickly. When I opened the locker, however, a note slowly swayed to the floor. Frowning slightly as I put away my things into my bag, I picked up the note and unfolded it.

Meet me behind the school.

What? It couldn't have been from Jim, as he wouldn't have been able to get into the school like that. Could it have been from West? The note had been scratched harshly with a black pen, and I didn't recognise the handwriting, but I slowly made my way to the back halls. The school had only the one main exit at the front of the school, but there was a mostly unused door at the back. Only a few kids went that way, so I wasn't surprised that the halls became empty around me. I was meaning to talk to him, despite how much I wasn't looking forward to it, but I was glad that I would have this chance to explain.

"West?" I called out as I slipped down the stone stairs.

At the back of the school was a small stone area where bins sat, as well as a gate further forward. The door closed with a loud clatter behind me. However, the section remained silent after that. Was Westley really doing this?

"West," I groaned at his games, folding my arms impatiently, "this isn't funny. Come out. I have places to be-"

A hand clamped harshly over my shoulder, and I was spun around. I gave a muffled cry at the person who was there, but they silenced me by putting there hand over my mouth.

The man laughed darkly. "You're coming with me."

My dad shoved me forward. The last thought I had was of Jim, before my head hit the hard pavement.

I awoke to a pounding in my head. It wasn't the hangover type of pounding that would usually be the problem with teenagers these days; instead it was pain. I went to lift my hand to wipe my face, but found that they were tied back. I opened my eyes slowly, wincing at the darkness in the room. I was tied to a chair, with my hands tied together and my feet to the seperate legs of the chair. I could feel the dried blood on my forehead.

I struggled in the bonds, looking sharply around the room. It looked like a dusty basement, with a single window that showed it was night outsidenear the ceiling. Wooden stairs led to a closed door, and around the room were the general tools. I was in the centre of the room, and I gulped. What had happened? The last thing I could remember was walking outside the school, before I had woken here. I didn't recognise the room.

"Glad to see you're awake," a voice jeered, and my head spun around to see my dad entering from the stairs.

He looked dirty, yet pale with bags under his eyes. His dark hair was disheveled, his clothes filthy. I barely recognised him.

I swallowed my fear. "What do you want? This-this isn't you!"

He laughed, and I flinched at the sound. My dad walked up to wear I was held, and ran his finger over my cheek. I pulled away at the his touch, but couldn't do much.

"You have been staying and helping the wrong people, Romera," he spat, standing back. "Don't you want to help those that can't do it themselves? Having the eternal night would benefit us all."

"What?" I cried.

He knew? How would he have any idea about the eternal night? I wasn't even sure how he knew I was staying with the trolls.

He chuckled one more. "Don't be so clueless. Of course I know, silly child. You're mother knew, and now she's dead. You are destined to do many things, heir of Morgana."

"Mum died of lukemia-"

He leapt forward, tugging my hair sharply so I would meet his eyes. They flashed a strange yellow colour, and I let out a cry of pain.

"No, insolent human! She died protecting you from your destiny!" He pushed me back, slapping me hard. "She couldn't accept what you would do!"

Tears welled in my eyes. My mother. She had only died a few years ago, but the ache in my heart was still strong. She had died protecting me, and I hadn't found out until now.

"What are you?" I sobbed, and my dad stood upright.

A yellow light quickly flashed, and my dad was gone. In his place was a green troll, who had two protruding horns and a large green nose. He had a short tuft of hair, and was dressed simply in shorts and a cloak. The top of the cloak held sharp talons, and I shrunk back from him in shock. My dad was a Changeling.

I couldn't speak. My dad, even before he had become violent, was a troll. He was apart of the people that killed my mum.

"Now, you're going to tell me where you're staying with your little troll friends," he ordered, and he pulled one of the talons from his coat and ran it over my cheek making me hiss in pain, "and I won't kill everyone you love."

I barked a laugh. "But you can't kill me, even if you wanted to. I will never do what you want me to."

Instead of being fazed, my dad turned to the door. It opened shortly, and a body was thrown inside which tumbled down the stairs. I frowned as Zach, my dad, walked over to the body. He wasn't my dad anymore.

Zach kicked it hard, and the body gave a loud groan.

"Looks like we have some incentive now," he declared, and I suddenly recognised the person.

West. I tried to jump out of the seat, struggling against the ropes, but failed.

"West," I sobbed, and he looked weakly up at me, "I'm so sorry. I dragged you into this-"

"I-it is okay," he softly assured me, but the tears didn't stop.

West didn't look good. His head was matted with blood, and there were bruises all over his arms and legs. I longed to hold him tight, to give me a tight hug like I once did. I missed West, despite avoiding him. He was my best friend.

"Now," Zach growled, dropping West's body with a loud thud, "for every minute that you don't tell us, another cut will go on his body. And if he dies, the blood is on only your hands."

I sobbed loudly, closing my eyes. I wished that everything would just go away. I couldn't tell Zach where Trollmarket was, but I couldn't let West get hurt. He was near death as it was.

"Just hurt me, leave him alone!" I begged, but West protested.

"N-no-" West coughed up blood, "Don't hurt her."

Zach rolled his eyes. "How cute. There isn't any negotiating, your little boyfriend is taking the cuts. We can't have you showing up dead, heir, now can we?"

He grabbed another talon from his cloak, and suddenly slashed down hard over West's leg. I let out a cry and struggled forward, but the ropes held me tight. West screamed, and I flinched at the sound.

"That's one," Zach said, "let's not make it anymore. Tell me where the trolls are!"

"I can't, I can't!" I sobbed, unable to meet their eyes.

I was causing this pain, and Zach was loving it.

He chuckled darkly. "This will all stop if you just tell me."

Instead of telling him what he wanted, I tried to distract him. "What did I ever do to you? Why would you hurt me like this?"

"I loved her, I loved Irene." Zach said, glaring at me. "She died protecting you, because you weren't ready to accept your destiny. If she had just let you go, I would still have my wife."

"She wouldn't love you now," I spat at him, and his eyes flashed angrily. "She would hate the man you've become!"

Zach had had enough. He threw the talon sharply at me, and he landed in my leg. I let out a cry of pain, as blood flowed from the wound.

"Whoops," Zach said, before laughing.

He laughter was over after only a few seconds, and my dad glared at me. "You know nothing about your mother! She married me!"

"You changed! A-and now, she wouldn't ever marry you!" I growled, trying desperately to destract myself from the pain in my leg. "I hate you! And she would to!"

Zach hit me hard, and dark sports appeared in my vision but I shook them away.

Zach turned to West, and a dark smile appeared on his face. Blood that had spattered from West was over his cheek, and he grabbed a talon from his coat. Making sure I was watching, Zach lightly scratched Westley's skin over his heart.

"No, no!" I cried, desperately trying to go to my best friend. My brother. My saviour.

West looked up at me, and he was also crying softly. "I love you, Ro. Don't you ever forget that."

As the knife was plunged into his heart, my screams filled the night.

Westley Castle. My best friend. My brother. My saviour, and my guardian. I closed my eyes in a sob, and wished never to wake again.

I wondered what my mum would think of me now, of my life. She was dead and, maybe when everything was finished, I would be with her. The thought brought a smile to my face. I would be with West and my mother one more.

Words: 2967
I'm sorry (don't hate meee). Hope you enjoyed the longer chapter. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.5K 114
On Jim 6 birthday he was in a terrible accident which caused him to go blind. But with the loss of his eyes his other senses started to increase. He...
86.8K 3.6K 69
๐“๐€๐‹๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐‘๐†๐€๐๐“๐„: ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐ˆ - ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐๐ข๐š๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ก๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ "๐‘ซ๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•." - Jim Lake Jr...
33.6K 1.2K 23
Trollhunters does not belong to me. โ–ชโ€ขโ–ชโ€ขโ–ช Having a song stuck in your head is annoying. It's very similar to having an unheard phraise that comes at...
10.4K 228 7
Short stories and trailers with Jim and some others as your companion! Request will be accepted soon! DONT request yet or I will decline them immedia...