My Husband, Whose Heart Belon...

By Mercy198

Christian Hendrix's story (straight out of Coffee And Papers) * * * His heart was broken by the rejection fro... More

Author's note.
1. I can blow a BUBBLEGUM.
2. CHOCOLATES are exquisite
3. CHIPS are crunchy
4. I so hate FUDGE.
6. PEANUTS, just the thing I need.
7. The possible life of a MAIZE.
8. BUTTERED quite good.
9. CAKES! Can't believe this is happening.
10. MACARONS, a foreigner's desert.
11. COTTON CANDY, they call me crazy.
12. HOT-DOG. Who says two is equal to one.
13. PIE, a whole new difference?
14. FRENCH FRIES please
15. SCONE, for me!?
16. The PUDDING we know.
17. I say POTATOES, you say potaHtoes.
18. Someone make me a PASTA.
19. I need a mighty BURGER
20. FAIRYBREADS are definitely not fairies.
21. PEACH perfect
22. One hell of a COOKIE.
23. MARSHMELLOWS won't hurt, would it?
24. ICE-CREAM, cold and soft.
25. TEJUINO, my new best friend.
26. Smooth with a SMOOTHIE
27. RICE KRISPIES for breakfast.
28. Red as a TOMATOE
29. One slice of that PIZZA, please.
30. PUMPKIN PIE.
31. CHAMPAGNE, perhaps a new beginning
32. When WHISKEY could solve nothing.
33: BONBONS.

5. Wouldn't it be nice to get a PANFORTE?

49.8K 2.5K 451
By Mercy198

Harieth

I smack my lips together and pout my lips a few times while staring at my reflection in the mirror. I took a few steps backward to view a full image of my reflection in order to access my attire. After all, Christian Hendrix did say wear something fancy and that was exactly what I did. I will have to admit the fact that picking out a dress became a little hard as I have no idea exactly what event I was dressing for. If only Christian left a little more information about what exactly this was all about then it would have been easier. Fancy was the only keyword he left.

I slightly turned to have a view of my back before turning back to my normal position. I did it. I look stunning in a peach, long, embroidery stitched mermaid gown. The embroidery stitching stopped just where the tail of the dress starts. The tail itself was made of peach coloured satin and formed a train behind as I walked. It had just a long-sleeve attached to it. The other remained sleeveless or strapless. It's a good thing I shop all the time. Who knew this dress would come in handy someday? It has been lying in my closet for... gosh, I can't recall but it's a great thing I finally get to wear it.

My make-up was neither too bright nor too light. The highlight of it all was my lips that shone with a vibrant dark red lipstick. My gold jewelries were not too flashy, just classy and exquisite. A clear definition of simple but yet expensive. My hair was packed into a sort of messy bun, a few strands stuck out in the front and back but it was alright. My purse and a pair of sandal heels was a shade of dark red as well.

I sigh.

Gosh, I hope I'm not overdressed. Well, if that turns out to be the case then I'll just have to presume that I'm better than everyone... what am I saying? Christian is to blame if such situation arises. I took a look at the time on my wristwatch. It's 5: 50 p.m. I smile. Who say women take long to dress? I'm done and on time at that. I dare Christian to arrive late. I'll surely not let him hear the end of it and he'll have to apologise.

Suddenly, a knock came through through door.

"Come in." I ordered and a second later, a mid-thirties woman walked into my room dressed in the official maid uniform.

"Ms. Harieth, your father has asked me to let you know of Mr. Hendrix presence." She reported and my eyes slowly widened.

"Christian is here!? Already!?" I asked more of to myself. She gave a light nod before speaking up.

"Yes Miss." She replied. Here, I was thinking of the possibility of having my revenge but now, it's all crashed down.

I sigh.

"Fine. Let them know I'll be down in a minute." I told her and she gave another nod before turning and leaving the room.

I sigh once more before hastening my steps towards my dressing table. I picked up my favourite perfume and sprayed on the nape of my neck, body and then my wrists. I practiced my smiles a few more times in front of the mirror before walking away and picking up my purse as well as mobile phone from the bed.

I took in a deep breath to calm any sort of nervousness and replace it with booming confidence before opening the door and walking out of the room.

Christian

"Here, have some." Rockwell offered a glass cup half filled with scotch.

I looked away from his face and to the cup in his hand stretched out to me before looking back up to his face. I shook my head at him.

"No, thank you."

"You don't drink, Christian?" He asked as he returned the glass cup offered to me back to the table he got it from.

"I do." I replied as I take a look around the study room without moving an inch.

"Then I must be the reason you're not drinking today." Rockwell stated as he turn to me, his own glass now close to his lips for a little gulp.

"No, not you."

"Hmm... you'll neither have a seat nor accept my offer of a drink. I'm pretty sure something's wrong." He made another conclusion to his theory.

I stare at him. If only there was a way to make him understand that I just wasn't in the mood for all this. Sitting, drinking and having a good time. I can't remember the last time I did that.

"No sir. I'm attending an important event with your daughter. I'm sure stench of alcohol in my breath would leave a bad impression on the guests, don't you think so?" I replied quite sharply with my eyes directly at him.

Rockwell stare back and after what seems like a while, a wide smile grew on his face which eventually turned to a light laughter.

"Right. You're right. I don't know what I was thinking." He states as he walk up to me then he place a hand on my shoulder. I slightly take a look at his hand before shifting my eyes back to his face.

"This marriage between you and my daughter is important. A lot is riding on it and so publicity acceptance is also great... It's good to know my son-in-law to-be is giving this his all." He stated with a smile on his face but all I did was blankly stare at him.

"Christian."

Harieth

"Christian." I called from beside the door into dad's study room. Both dad and Christian turned to my direction. I took a look at each of their faces, searching for the right reaction any woman in my position would expect.

Dad put up a simple smile and I replied it with one of mine. Shifting my eyes to Christian expecting a word or at least the same reaction from dad but I got nothing. Not even the slightest bit blown away by my beauty. Really? He's not going to comment. I spend three hours getting ready for something I know nothing about and yet he can't compliment me? Say something Christian Hendrix.

He turn his body away from dad and towards my direction. Good, He's finally doing the right thing. Say it. Say just how smitten you are by my beauty.

"You're a minute late." He states as he take a look at his wristwatch.

What!?

"Let's go." He ordered and my brows slowly furrow at his so lack of being a gentleman. I got ready to give him a piece of my mind as he walked towards the door.

"Christian." Dad's call interrupts my plan as well as stop Christian for a moment. He slightly turn to dad.

"Harieth will be out with you shortly. I just need to have a word with her." He explained and my brows even furrow further. A word?

Christian gave a light nod before walking further and right out of the room, sparing me no glance.

I scoffed right after his disappearance.

"Harieth." Dad called as he walk up to me. I rose my eyes up to meet his. He smile as he placed both hands on my shoulder.

"You're my little girl, aren't you?" He asked and I hesitated for a second before giving a light nod.

His hand lightly touched my cheek.

"Make me proud." He added before putting up a wider smile and although I didn't quite understand what exactly he meant by that, I managed to put up a smile as I nod.

I stepped out of my home that evening and as expected, Christian's car was parked right in front.

I let out a sigh before taking hold of my dress, slightly raising it up for easy movement then walk forward towards the car. I stopped only when I got close enough for him to know of my presence. Although, the glasses of the car were dark tinted therefore disabling anyone from seeing anything inside, I understood Christian was in. I stood waiting for him to do the gentleman thing of stepping down and opening the passenger's seat just for me to get in. A few seconds later, nothing of that sort happened and my feet was starting to kill me due to the heels I had on. Frustrated as I am, I took a few steps forwards and placed a few knocks on the glass. I looked away quite irritated as I heard the sound of the glass automatically drawing down.

I slightly bent to take a look inside just to be sure the same man I've been expecting is the same one seated inside. My brows furrow in contempt as I realised the person inside is exactly the person i've been expecting.

"Aren't you going to be a gentleman?" I asked regardless of the fact that he stared ahead and not at me.

I waited for a reply of some sort but nothing came through. Really?

"Look mister, I have tolerated... "

"Make a choice." He interrupted before shifting his eyes to me.

"What?"

"Are you getting in or not?" He asked, his tone of voice sounding a bit innocent. Innocent? Is he trying to make me sound insane?

"What on earth makes you think you can talk to me in such a manner? I'm not just any ordinary woman..." He started his car which took me a little unaware but I wasn't going to show the fact that I was becoming a little worried.

"... I'm a woman of high class society..." Suddenly, he drove forward taking me yet by another surprise and I had to immediately  jerk backwards for fear of my safety.

What the hell!?

My eyes widened still in shock at the very unbelievable act. I look forward and he had come to a halt. The back lights of his car remained on, signalling the fact that the engine was still running. Is he threatening me as of the moment? Is that it? My hands folds into a fist as I stare at the car loathly. He spoke so highly of respect but this very man wasn't giving me the least bit of that.

Screw this! I don't have to take his insults. I'm Harieth freaking Gryffin! I can get any man I want.

I turn away to take a step towards my home only to catch a sight of dad peeking a little through the windows.

"You're my little girl, aren't you?"

"Make me proud."

I recall the exact words he used a few minutes ago. Damn it! Am I really going to be emotionally blackmailed here? Staring at dad as he stare back, I realised he might have seen the whole scene that took place. Now, If I walk away from Christian, he would presume nothing he said got through me. He would think I don't care about our future when actually I do, a lot but if I walk up to Christian, it will mean accepting defeat. I might even have to endure his attitude for the rest of my life.

I watched as dad's brows slowly furrow before one of it slightly raises. Great, now he's doing the thing without speech where he asks me if I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing.

I sigh before lightly biting my lower lip.

"Fine." I'll just give in once again. I turn away from my home and hasten my pace towards Christian's car. I took hold of the door handle and pulled the door to open before getting in. Sparing not a second more, Christian drove off.

Quite fuming mad with the whole situation, I take a look at him but he seems so relaxed. He dressed and looked like the perfect gentleman but is acting nothing like it. This pissed me off. The fact that I can't get things done the way I want. I turn my head to him, ready to say something I've been holding in.

"I don't like you very much Christian Hendrix."

"Glad to know the feeling's mutual." He replied quite quickly while his eyes remained on the road ahead.

Unbelievable. I sigh quite filled with contempt.

"Why did you agree to this marriage when nothing about me entices you?" I asked the one question that had recently began bothering me.

"This marriage is the start of a business contract. More money for your family and more money for mine." He gave a short and quick reply. My brows cease up. Okay, sure it sounded a little cold, heartless and also the fact that I wasn't expecting that exact reply from him but at least he told the truth.

I stare at him for what seems like a while, meanwhile, his eyes remained on the road and looked not once at my direction. Finally, I look away from him and unto the road ahead. Truthfully, Christian is the first man I've met who isn't the least bit smittened by my beauty. Most men like him are either married or very much in love with someone. Well, we're at the verge of getting married so it's understood that first option is now cancelled then that leaves option two. Love. The one feeling that seem to only exist in the movies.

I shift my eyes back to him. Are you in love with someone, Christian Hendrix and if yes, who is this woman? Why are you marrying me and not her? What exactly happened to you? What exactly happened to your relationship with her? Is this the reason for your cold attitude?

I sigh.

Someday, I'm going to have an answer to all my questions. Just watch Christian Hendrix. Just you watch.

The car slowly came to a halt as Christian parked at a strange secluded corner. I take a look around the surrounding. Nothing the likes of a party venue was to be seen.

"I think you might have missed your way..."

"Give me your hand." Christian ordered and I turned my head back to him. His eyes were on me for the first time since I got into his car.

"My hand? Why if I may..." He ignored my words and took hold of my right hand taking me a little by surprise but before I could contest to his attitude, I felt something forcefully slid down my fourth finger.

Slowly, I look down at my finger. My eyes slightly widened. A simple engagement ring laid on my finger. It was silver ring with a little leaf-like engravings done round it and finally, a small diamond stone settled at the top.

This is so confusing.

"It'll get people to talk but we'll leave no reply for now. The press will talk as well for a while before we officially make a statement... It's called being realistic." He explained and slowly, I look up to his face. His face held no expression but I'm pretty sure mine held a lot. Okay, this just got pretty real. First step to telling myself that this is really happening.

"You could have just said so than forcefully put it on my finger." I quoted the obvious and he looks away from me to start the car once more.

I stare at the ring before raising my eyes back up to him.

"By the way, you have a horrible taste in jewelries." I added and he stayed still for a second before shifting his eyes back to me.

"You don't like the ring?" He asked, the tone in his voice suddenly a little caring.

"Yes." I reply with confidence.

"Good." He replied quite immediately and without wasting a second more, he drove out of the parking space and back on the road.

I stare at him with contempt for a while before looking away. Someday, I might just stab him myself and end both our miseries.

The rest of the drive was in silence right until the car came to a stop in front of a hall. My eyes widened a bit as I stare at the paparazzi present but kept in line by the security guards, a red carpet was laid on the floor leading right up to the white painted hall. A slow but sure smile formed on my face. Thank goodness, I really didn't dress up for nothing.

"You do know you have to get off, right?" Christian's voice interrupted once more. For a second there, I forgot I was with a grumpy old man. I rolled my eyes away from the reporters and then to him. I put up a brief but fake smile enough to make him know I understand everything. He looked away from me and then to his own door. Of course, just like earlier, he's not going to open the door for me. Thankfully, a guard did so.

The familiar noise, clicks, flashlights and wave of popularity hit me. Quickly, I drew up a smile as I took hold of the guard's hand in offer of help before stepping down from the car. I smile a little broader. Where's Christian? He's supposed to be by my side right about now. I slightly take a look around only to find him handing out his car keys to a man in uniform before walking up to my side.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand slid on my back. I slightly flinched for a second as my smile downed but before anyone could notice, the smile was back up once more. It turns out, Christian had his hand on my back. Why? Perhaps, to look a little more... like a couple. Two people into each other. Well, he could have given me a head start then I probably wouldn't have fallen as surprise as I did. He drew me closer than i've ever been to him. Uncomfortability, settled in. I couldn't even move away. People were watching. He slightly turned his head to me so his lips were a little closer to my ear. I blinked faster, more than usual at him being this close. I was so not liking this.

"Let them see the ring." He stated the unexpected and my eyes shifted to meet his. The ring? This was just for the ring? Christian shifted his eyes back to paparazzi, trying his best to cook up a smile but wasn't doing a good job at that. I felt a light push from behind. His eyes slightly shifted back to mine.

Fine. I get it. Act. Therefore, my broad smile returned. If he wants acting, I'll let him know my middle name in high school was the drama queen. I locked my arm with his that had been at my back. The slight furrow in his brows as he stare at me ensured me of the fact that surprise had taken over him. I clenched tightly onto his arm like my dear life depended on it while my smile broadened. Eventually, he looked away from me and played along. We walked forward together and just like he ordered, I let them see the ring but in the process, made sure not to make my act obvious.

Once within the building, Christian took hold of my hand on his arm and brought it down then created a space between us. I stare at him for a second before looking away. I turned back to him.

"I did great, didn't I?" I asked a little bubbly, deciding to ignore his attitude.

Christian walked ahead after taking one look at me. I took in a deep breath as I watched him walk on. This is a little stressful but there's nothing I can't handle. I can do this. I hastened my pace after him.

Christian handed me a pamphlet that he got from a man standing a little close to the main entrance into the hall. The rest of the guests collected a share of theirs as well as we all headed the same direction. As I read through the first page, my eyes slowly widened. I place a hand on Christian's and immediately come to a halt causing him to do the same. I rose my eyes up to him. My brows furrow in the process. He stare at me with a little confusion in his eyes.

"Opera!? We're here to watch an opera!?" I asked quite shocked by the fact that not only am I going to do something I've literally never done in my life but I also missed all the possible signs.

Not in my wildest dream did I expect this.

Please don't forget to vote and comment to show your supports. I'll try my best to update quite sooner than later. Love you guys! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 10.4K 53
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . Victoria Kalie Maurice, despite having a terrible truth about...
141K 5.6K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
168 14 13
Rayanne-Rose Constantine didn't get much from her addict mother before she overdosed two years ago. Unless you count her long first name, which is a...
104K 3.7K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...