Game On | Lance x Reader(Harr...

By Calybear7

You attend your first year at the new and improved Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. New teachers... More

Play Dirty | Prologue
I Am Not | Chpt 1
Blue | Chpt 2
Try Outs | Chpt 3
Kalteneker | Chpt 4
Are You Okay? | Chpt 6
Love Potion | Chpt 7
Family | Chpt 8
Tech Time | Chpt 9
Fair Enough | Chpt 10
Bludger | Chpt 11
Conquer, Not Admire | Chpt 12
Alone | Chpt 13
Mondays | Chpt 14
Bonding | Chpt 15
A-DAMN | Chpt 16
Date | Chpt 17
Stick It Out | Chpt 18
Headmaster | Chpt 19
Let Go | Chpt 20
Return | Chpt 21
Axca | Chpt 22
Annoying | Chpt 23
Milkshakes | Chpt 24
The Yule Ball | Chpt 25
Home Wrecker | Chpt 26
Pick-Up Lines | Chpt 27
Happy | Chpt 28
5 Bucks | Chpt 29
Fantastic Beasts | Chpt 30
Complicated | Chpt 31
Hug | Chpt 32
Charlie | Chpt 33
The Very Best Something | Chpt 34
Laugh | Chpt 35
McClains | Chpt 36
Goblet of Fire | Chpt 37
Meant to Say | Chpt 38
Stupid, Perfect Girlfriend | Chpt 39
Help Me | Chpt 40
Keith | Chpt 41
Secret | Chpt 42
Trial 1 | Chpt 43
Trial 2 | Chpt 44
Trial 3 | Chpt 45
Cry | Chpt 46
Blind | Chpt 47
Guilt | Chpt 48
Desserts | Chpt 49
Talk | Chpt 50
Lucid Dreams | Chpt 51
Visit | Chpt 52
Direct Kiss | Chpt 53
You're Really Cute | Chpt 54
Merry Christmas | Chpt 55
Welcome Back | Chpt 56
Krolia | Chpt 57
In My Head | Chpt 58
Worried | Chpt 59
Caught | Chpt 60
Mystery Culprit | Chpt 61
Bad News? | Chpt 62
Ice | Chpt 63
Rainbow | Chpt 64
Dad Knows | Chpt 65
Sweet | Chpt 66
When Did You Love Me? | Chpt 67
Mrs. (l/n) | Chpt 68
Basically a McClain | Chpt 69
Abuela | Chpt 70
Awards | Chpt 71
Cuba | Chpt 72
Brody Stevens | Chpt 73
Comfortable | Chpt 74
Buenos Días | Chpt 75
Perfect Fit | Chpt 76
Great Boyfriend | Chpt 77
The Blue | Chpt 78
Going Home | Chpt 79
My Fault | Chpt 80
Summer | Chpt 81
How It Ends | Epilogue

Enemy | Chpt 5

1.3K 37 36
By Calybear7

Heyo.

This song is v great for this story.

Enjoy~

Lance's POV

2 nurses crowded around her and began fixing up her arm, which was bleeding profusely. Kalteneker had really scratched her. I felt a hand on my back and I jumped slightly.

"If you'd like you can head back for the day or skip class, I know Pidge is skipping." I frowned.

"I'm fine," I said, standing up to match Professor Alfor's stance though he was much taller than me.

"Alright, you can head back to class, your teachers know," he said and I left passing down the rows of beds.

Maybe I should've skipped and stayed nearby. No. Why should I care about her? She'd be fine.

I left for my next class which I had changed. I had Defense Against the Dark Arts with (y/n) and Allura now after I dropped something and my schedule switched.

I entered the classroom and Professor Thace was about to yell at whoever was late when he saw me and immediately dropped it.

"Have a seat Mr. McClain," he said, clearing his throat.

"Hey where's (y/n)?" I looked over at Allura, her wide eyes right in my face. I opened my mouth to say something funny or a pick up line, but my mind drew blank.

"The hospital. One of the hippogriffs freaked out after a kid touched her and she scratched (y/n) by accident."

"Oh my God," Allura breathed and turned from me her face sad now. I just placed my chin in my hand and frowned. Normally I would do anything to get out of class so why was I here?

I glanced down at the empty seat in front of me and let out a breath. I really shouldn't visit her after class, but I really want to. Why? I couldn't tell you.

I just walked out at the end of class, ignoring Allura who seemed like she wanted to ask a question. I don't know, I just don't feel like talking to anyone.

What's wrong with me?

The next class was with Keith. I frowned when I saw him sat in his chair leafing through a textbook. Now he was someone I hated more than (y/n).

If you hate her so much why do you want to visit?

That was a fair question, but I think she's snotty and full of herself. She thinks she's better than me just because she's smarter or good at Quidditch. I hate her for that, but that doesn't mean she's not hot. I'm running out of girls to talk to and Nyma is getting boring.

(Y/n) sort of proves to be a challenge.

Besides, she's being a bit more tolerable this year and so have I. At least I think so. I plopped down in my chair and let out a breath. Keith glanced up and squinted at me.

"I heard some kid in your Creatures class got attacked by Kalteneker," he pointed out and the class started. "Where's (y/n)?" I gave him a look and he connected the pieces. "Oh my God is she okay?!"

"Yeah she's fine lover boy," I sassed.

The one thing that really bothers me about Keith is when he was with (y/n). Just something about them together makes me want to scream they're so annoying together. Not to mention he follows her like a dog.

"Shut up McClain," he muttered.

"Why don't you shut up Mullet head!"

"Lance!" I glanced up at Professor Coran who I had interrupted with my outburst.

"Sorry Coran," I mumbled and sat back in my chair. Today just wasn't a good one. He seemed to soften and frowned.

"Would you like to take a walk?" He asked and I nodded and pushed out of my chair, not caring that everyone, especially Keith, was staring at me. I began to walk along the halls for a good while until I had calmed down.

God I hate that kid.

(Y/n)'s POV

I yawned and opened my eyes, a stout woman staring back at me.

"Oh you're awake dear! How do you feel?"

Right. Kalteneker.

"Fine," I said, glancing down at my bandaged arm.

"Should be all healed by tomorrow afternoon and you can get back to Quidditch." I glanced at the time and noticed practice had ended and it was around 5:30.

"I can head to dinner right?"

"Yes, though you had a few visitors through out the day so I'd check in with them as soon as you could, especially that young boy who carried you in," she said.

Carried me i--

Lance.

"He came in the earliest, right after class, and he seemed out of it."

"Oh, thank you," I said, standing up. That's odd. I held my arm to my body for a minute before letting it hang at my side.

"Oh yes and your arm and hand might be a little numb," she commented. I held up my arm with the other and my wrist flopped over.

A little?

I left and started down the quiet hallway. Everyone was at dinner. I made my way to the dining hall and struggled slightly with my left hand (sry if ur a leftie) to open the door. A good majority of the hall looked at me and noticed the bandage. They seemed to immediately know who I was.

Word gets around fast.

I did an awkward smile and walked down the row to where I spotted Pidge. God it was so awkward. I took my seat and little conversations resumed. I was immediately hugged by Pidge and I chuckled as only my left hand wrapped around her back.

"Oh my God thank the lord you're okay," she said and I smiled.

"Thanks," I said.

"How do you feel?" Allura asked.

"Numb," I replied, waving my limp right with my left.

"Oh my," she said and I nodded.

"She nurse said a little numb, but I can't feel the entirety of my right arm," I said.

"COOL!" Pidge said, flopping my arm around a bit more.

"Pidge, just because she can't feel it doesn't mean you can just throw it around, she's still healing," Allura scolds and Pidge chuckled awkwardly, putting my arm back in my lap with a pat.

"Wow thanks," I said, nudging her. I ate, sort of awkwardly with my non dominant hand and they asked some more questions. Dinner was called and I pushed myself up with my one hand, holding the numb one once I was standing. I can't just have it flopping all over the place.

"Keith was looking for you by the way." Allura said and I nodded, glancing around the dining hall and spotting him. Oh God he had to socialize by himself. I made my way over to him and he spotted me and smiled.

"Hey, glad you're okay," he said, hugging me voluntarily.

"Wow a hug?"

"Hey, for all I know you could be dead," he said and I laughed.

"Well, I'm not," I said, "next time."

"Oh my God, no more times," he said and laughed.

"I can't promise anything," I said.

"Go rest, I'll see you tomorrow," he said and I nodded. I glanced over and spotted Lance who had been staring. I caught his eyes and I could see him panic and practically speed walk out of the crowd. I frowned and started after him.

"Excuse me," I said and people almost immediately parted for me on account of the arm and I was able to see Lance again. "Lance!" He ignored my call as I caught up with him. "Lance!" I caught his shirt with my good arm and let the other one fall. He finally stopped and the people in the hallway filtered out to a few people. "Why are you running away?"

"What do you want?" He asked, his tone sharp.

"I just wanted to thank you for carrying me all the way in here," I said and he tugged at his robe.

"Yeah whatever," he said and started to turn again when I caught his shirt again.

"What's up?" I asked and he frowned, yanking his shirt away and I grabbed my arm. His eyes flickered to the bandage for a minute before he scowled.

"None of your business," he hissed and took off down the hall.

What was his problem?

I just don't understand why he hates me so much. It's like he was upset at being nice to me and carrying me inside. Does it really bother him that much to be nice to me?

God I hate him.

I just don't get why we can't get along. Why he hates me so damn much. It's the worst. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked back to my house. It was like nice, flirty type this morning and total jerk now.

Sure the flirty stuff sucked and it's annoying, but I really hate when Lance is really mean like that and I don't know why he does it.

I don't know why I care so much.

He's an asshole bottom line.

He would've carried anyone and I need to get over myself. He was just being courteous and I should let this acquaintance thing go.

Lance is just an enemy.

Oooooooooo

Stay awesome!

~Calymari

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 4.3K 40
Okay, you have no IDEA how much time it took me to try and make up a title or write a description. Please, before reading this description, note that...
200K 5.3K 30
"S-Stay, p-please," Keith mumbled, hiding his face in his pillow. Lance nodded climbing beside the small boy. Keith turned to face him, his face flus...
48.7K 1.1K 15
Transferring to a new school can be scary, but this time was different. Almost instantly I made friends, and they basically knew nothing about me. We...
408K 15.7K 79
#1 Severussnape March 17th 2019 #1 HarryPotter January 5th 2020 "Because what I want to do is wrong... and I don't trust myself enough to be seen wit...