The Quarterbacks Kryptonite...

By meerrlliiaa

This is your classic Jock/ nerdy love story... Athena Jacks was always very low profile long haired brunette... More

Chapter 1 (the get to know)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Sequel??

Chapter 11

297 7 0
By meerrlliiaa

"Dude. I know that I said I'd do anything for you to forgive me, but going to a football game and third wheeling you and your new boyfriend I cannot do."

Angie, like she said, practically begged me in the middle of the school hallways trying to get me to forgive her. I mean yes, I might have been a tiny bit agitated. But I have always been a quick forgiver. I've never been able to hold a long grudge. Only one.

"Okay, he most definitely is NOT my boyfriend. And never will be. But I told him that I would because he wouldn't leave me alone. So now I need to go. And I CANNOT GO ALONE!"
I grabbed a fist full of my clothes I was rummaging through and tossed them at her

"Okay okay!! I'll go! But we need to get you into the school spirit!"

She grabbed a piece of clothing out of her backpack and threw it at me.
I unfolded it and held it up to my chest

"There is no way in hell I am wearing this."

It was a jersey type shirt that had the schools colors and the name "HAYZE" printed across the back with what I'm assuming was his number, 33

"Why not? The most popular guy in school has personally invited you to his game. You agreed, so now you need to support him."

"I cannot wear this. Yes I'm going but I'm not his freaking girlfriend. I'm not even his girl!"
I said, using air quotes of 'girl' to reference the conversation Parker and I had earlier.

"But you will be" she smiled widely at me.

"Why do you even have this?" I squinted my eyes as hers just went wide

"And where do you guys think you are going?"
I head spun like an owls and saw Ryder leaning up against my doorframe

"Uhhhh... out?" I replied in more of a question.

"Hell no. The last time you went out, you didn't tell me, and you got drugged"

"But that was at a party. This is a football game." I mumbled

"Why the hell are you going there? You hate football! With a burning passion!" He shouted, clearly knowing my idea on the dreadful sport

"I know! But I told someone that I would be there!" I shouted back at him, making him lean his body back

"Who is he?" Ryder crossed his arms and flexed his entire body

"He's the football star, hottest guy in school. Most popular guy in schoo-"

"ANGIE!"

"Shall I go on?" She smirked, laying herself down on my bed

"Awww nah. Nope, never. You will stay home, locked in your room for-.. till college"

"For Till college?!" I yelled at Ryder

"FOR TILL COLLEGE!" He yelled back

(Authors note: if anyone had a good childhood, you'll know that reference)

"AHHH!!!" I screamed in his face and pushed him out of my room. Slamming the door in his face and locking the door. Pretty damn well too, I even put the chair under the knob

"Okay. You and your brother get mad at each other in the weirdest ways.." ang stood up and held up her hands

"Well. He's going to get even more upset." I started thinking out-loud

"Athie. Don't do anything irrational.."

"Let's go!" I whisper shouted, opening my bedroom window. I hadn't ever done anything like this before. It was freaking crazy!!!

"ATHENA! What the hell are you doing?!" Ang whispers shouts back at me

"I'm going to that damn football game!!" I yelled in my normal voice, probably loud enough for my brother to here it.
I'm in deep shit when I get home. But I don't care.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into the school for a football game was like going to Disneyland on the opening day of a new land. It was stopped traffic.

"Why are there so many people?!" I yelled over the crowd to Angie

"This is a football school! It means everything to them!!"

Ugh.

We finally made it to the bleachers and got the perfect seats. They were right in the middle of the bleachers, and insanely close to the field. We were in the front row as crazy teenagers were screaming and throwing powder, painting each other. This is like an entirely different kind of party.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, let's start this night with bringing out our favorite starters!!"
The crowd cheered and roared loudly as the announcer guy (the principal) started to speak through the microphone

"It's like a freaking concert or something" I muttered

"Let's bring out Tony Burns!!"
The crowd went wild again and continued too as he named off three other guys
"Now give a big welcome to Tommy Langen!!!"

This was the first time I actually started to pay attention to the game
"And now number 25, Jamey Brooks!!"

Now at his name I cheered and one by one each player that was called ran onto the field through that little inflatable tunnel and stood still in a line next to some cheerleader
I hate cheerleaders

"And now! I'd like you to give a big warm welcome to, the amazing, PARKER HAYZE!!"

I think I just went deaf. The loud speakers were even making noises.

Fog from machines turned on and started to flow around the exit of the tunnel, and in perfect timing, Parker started to walk out.

I didn't know if it was just me, but everything seemed slow motion as I felt something wet drip down the corner of my mouth
"Dude are you drooling?!!" Angie screamed at me

I brought my sleeve to my hand as I quickly shook my head at her.
I focused my gaze back on the field to see Parker walking in a different direction than the other players did.
He walked on over to the cheerleaders and stood on those stupid boxes that they dance on.

He brought his hands right over his eyes and started looking through the crowd, his body turned from each end of the bleachers as girls, and even guys, were waving there arms around like crazy as if Parker was going to pick someone.

I looked around the bleachers for a split second, and right when I focused my eyes back on Parker, he was pointing straight at me with a huge grin on his face.

He jumped off of the box and jogged closer to where we were standing in the bleachers.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god" I could hear Angie saying to herself over and over again, and that's all I was saying in my mind.

He reached us at the bleachers and climbed the stairs that led up to us

"Let's go princess!!" He shouted at me, placing a huge smile on his face, an actual, genuine smile.

Before I could protest, which By now I wasn't sure if I would have, Parker had opened the gate and picked me up bridal style. Jogging with my in his arms over to the field like I weighed nothing.

He stood back in line like the rest of the players and pulled me close to his side.
His warm grip sending chills up my side trough my shirt.
I tried to open my eyes but the massive amount of lights that were shinning on us would make me go blind.

When I actually did open my eyes, I saw Parker looking at me up and down with an amused face.

He grabbed my hand as if about to kiss it and stepped back a little bit. I was so confused until I looked down at my shirt to realize that he was showing me off to the massive crowd, that was going ballistic right now...

He walked over to our principal and took the microphone from him
"Would you all take a look at my girl right here!! What a beauty!"

He said it again. Those two words. My girl.
What on earth makes me think that I'm his? Why would I even want to be his?! He's a player and a bad boy and he uses girls just to please himself.
Gosh, why the hell did I ever start getting all flittery around him!? What were you thinking...

He must have noticed my mood change because his face went from
"Best day of my life"
To
"I just saw a dead dog"

"Let's Start this game shall we!!" Our principal yelled. I started walking away just before Parker was able to walk and talk to me, which I saw that he was about to do.

Before I actually made it back to my seat and Ang, I felt multiple pairs of hands on my body which made me freak the hell out

I screamed slightly as I saw three cheerleaders standing in front of me with their usual bitchy faces.
The one standing the closest and in the middle was familiar..
oh, that's right
She was the girl who was shoving her tongue down Parker's throat as I fell into a giant puddle of oil.

"So you're the bitch" one of the barbies spoke

"Why you, you're not even pretty" the other Barbie spoke

"Yeah. Tell me about it. Just his little rebound for tonight. Happens all the time" Main Barbie spoke (A.K.A The cheer captain)
Ashley

"You need to stay away from Parker." One of Ashely's minions spoke. I'm surprised she didn't need to ask for permission

"Yeah. That's Ashley's man, so back the hell off reject. Or else."
Why is it that girls tend to be this way?...

"I'm sorry, but you three obviously have the wrong idea because nothing has, or is going to happen with me and Parker. He's all yours"

"Wow. Your even stupider than I thought." Ashely chuckled, making the other two laugh after her

"Okay so hold on. You call me stupid for not going for your man, yet you threaten me if I do. Is that correct?" I asked raising my eyebrows, causing thing 1 and thing 2 into a scoffing frenzy

"Listen." Ashely spoke, stepping forward as I cowardly stepped back, being very intimidated
"Parker is, And forever will be, mine. And I'll make sure he stays mine, no matter what. So try me bitch. Stop hanging out with him, or I promise I'll stop you myself."

You know that saying "if looks could kill"
Well that was basically this situation, and I'd be dead.

Ashley walked strait passed me as she and her two little witches nudged my shoulder while walking by.

I stood still for a moment, trying to capture myself. I fully believe that Ashely is the kind of girl to do anything just to make sure she gets what she wants
Anything...

I shook my head and tried to walk it off, opening the gate and standing with Ang

"Hey, What was that all about?!" She shouted at me

"Nothing!!" I shouted back. She looked at me for a moment then shrugged her shoulders, looking back at the game and cheering as loud as she could for the play that just went down.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oooohhhhh!!!! Just wanted to say that there is no disrespect towards any cheerleaders or football players. This is simply just Athena's point of view!!

I do not agree with her!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 14 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...
309K 12.4K 66
I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Does that usually work for you? The cute little remarks and that nice smile." I teased. He gave me a sheepish...
1.1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
57.1K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...