My Best Friend's Brother

By LovelyLoopyKari

Nora Walters has always been in love with her best friend's brother, Asher. Asher is a bad boy player, who is... More

My Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Note..

Chapter 4

93.9K 2.4K 331
By LovelyLoopyKari

“Nora!” a voice screamed, I heard multiple voices shouting at me but I stared straight ahead not listen to them. My vision was blurry around the edges and I knew I was crying.

“Can you hear me?” A voice asked.

“Nora, look at me.” another chimed in but this one sounded closer.

“Is she going to be alright.” Someone asked.

“Nora, damn it look at me.” I pin pointed the voice to Hunter and my eyes snapped up and met his worried stare. “Are you okay?” He asked me.

I threw my arms around him and he sighed into my neck. “Should we take her home?” Grace asked eyeing me.

“Take her to your house, and watch her. I’ll come check on her later.” He nodded trying to pry my hands off of him.

“Hunter,” I sobbed, “What if he comes after me? What if I die!”

“He won’t Asher, Levi, and Chris are taking care of him.”

I nodded and loosened my grip on his shirt and went over to Grace and Logan. “Come on.” Grace hugged me leading me out of the house.

I felt so gross, even though I didn’t do anything with him his hands were all over me. I sniffled in the back seat trying not to remember him standing in front of me, the way his hands crept up my thigh. I shivered in fear hugging myself tightly as Grace parked the car in her driveway. “Are you sure you’re okay? You look so pale.” Grace commented.

I nodded and made my way to her door. I went straight to her room to grab my duffle bag and then went into the bathroom. I took a long shower trying to get the creepiness off me, it didn’t work might I add. No matter how hard I scrubbed the gross feeling was still there. I sat down in the tub and closed my eyes to stop the tears from coming. He didn’t do anything to me. Scratch that he did, he took away the little thing inside me that told me that it would happen to me. Like when you see something bad on the news and you're like that could never happen to me. The water pounded on the floor and I leaned my head back.

“Nora, are you almost done in there?” Hunter’s voice screamed from the other side of the door. I opened my eyes in surprise my heart beat picked up and I realized I was drifting off to sleep. “Nora if you don’t answer me I’m going to break this door down.”

I shut off the water and wrapped a towel around me quickly drying myself off. I got into sweatpants and a tank top opening the door and dropping my bag into Grace’s room before I ran my fingers through my hair and walking down the stairs to the living room.

Hunter greeted me at the stairs by wrapping me in a hug. “Nora, are you okay? God you scared me.” I nodded not meeting his eye, I still felt so gross! Ugh... “Come sit.”

“You can sit here.” Levi stood up from his spot on the couch between Grace and Logan. Hunter led me the whole way never taking his arm off me till I was on the couch safety. Once I was sitting I looked around the room seven sets of eyes, all staring at me worriedly.

Something touched my arm and I jumped, “Sorry.” Grace whispered next to me. I looked down ashamed in myself for acting so skittish, it’s not like he did anything! Gosh man up Nora.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Levi asked from his spot on the floor across the room next to Ryder and Chris.  I looked up at him along with everyone else. But they were glaring and inside I smiled as he tried to make me feel better by talking about it, I just didn’t show it on my face. It was like my muscles in my face wouldn’t work. “I was just trying to help.” he shrugged.

“You still look a little pale.” Asher commented from the chair next to the door.

“Are you going to be sick?” Chris asked worriedly and I shook my head.

“At least say something.” Hunter begged as he leaned on the wall staring intently at me. I opened my mouth and closed it probably looking like a fish, but nothing came out. Silence.

“I’ll get you some water.” Asher told me jumping off the chair and running out of the room. “Here.” he handed it to me and my fingers wrapped around the cold cup bring it to my lips.

“Are you okay?” He asked standing in front of me. I nodded again taking another sip.

“Nora.” Hunter warned.

“I’m fine.” I whispered softly not really sure anyone heard.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” Asher asked looking hopeful, “To take your mind off of..it.”

“It’ll help.” Grace smiled at me getting off the couch to start the movie. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep but they were trying so hard to make me comfortable that I decided to watch the movie. Logan got off the couch laying me down. I felt bad that I took up three spots when most of the guys sat on the ground.

I tried focusing on the movie, but if I was being honest I didn’t even know what movie we were watching. Half way through the movie everyone was asleep. Asher was asleep on the chair not even facing the tv but me. I blushed and looked at the guys on the ground. Logan was laying extremely close to Grace their faces almost touching and next to them Hunter, Levi, Ryder, and Chris were spread out over the floor. I sighed and closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to take me too.

I opened my eyes after several minutes of trying sighing I sat up and made my way to the kitchen. Which was a lot harder than it sounds because I had to dodge bodies and be as quiet as possible. I looked in the cupboards but found nothing I wanted and walked to the giant sliding glass door. I opened it and a cool breeze greeted me, if I could I would have smiled. I gently shut the door and shivered sitting down on the porch steps looking into the giant backyard.

The backyard to Grace’s house used to be my favorite place in the whole world. She had a pool and that alone was cool but the fact that Asher hung out by the pool in the summer made it so much cooler. I would also sit on the tire swing next to the pool and just watch him from afar, and sometimes when I felt really brave I would swim with him but then Hunter would make up a stupid game and I’d get kicked out of the pool. Okay so it is still my favorite place mostly because recently Asher got muscles so I had something to gawk at, plus he’d invite me to swim with him and  shoot down Hunter’s games.

I shivered once again hugging myself to preserve the heat, I didn’t want to go inside for the first time since the incident I didn’t feel so gross.

“Cold?” Asher asked sitting down next to me, I nodded and he took off his sweatshirt and handed it to me, “here.” he smiled.

“Are you sure?” I asked looking at it and he nodded, “Thanks.” I whispered taking it from him, blushing I slipped it over my head. It was big, comfy, and warm and for the first time tonight my lips twitched into a smile as I took in his cologne.

“Better?” He asked looking at me carefully.

“Much.” I nodded.

“You sure you’re okay? I know you're probably annoyed at everyone asking you but we're just worried.”  

“I’m fine.” I told him, I was a bit annoyed but it all disappeared when I felt his hand on my cheek. I looked over at him.

“Then why are you crying?” he whispered wiping away the tears I didn’t know I had.

“I-I..” I stuttered looking for anything.

“How do you really feel?” He whispered closer to me, his minty breath blew across my face.

“I-I’m really fine.” I stuttered blushing. He shook his head looking in my eyes, I looked at his lips and licked mine subconsciously. He laughed and my eyes flickered to his. He was close, so close.

My eyes fluttered closed as his soft lips brushed against mine. “Are you sure?” He asked quietly.

I nodded slightly not moving too far away from his lips, “Positive.” and he gently pressed his lips to mine. It was Gentle, soft, and careful. Not less then a second later he pulled away taking my hand.

“Let’s go to bed.” He said pulling me into the house. He brought me into the living room where everyone was asleep while the movie still played. “goodnight.” He told me as I laid down on the couch.  He leaned over me and smiled.

“Night.” I whispered and he left to go to the chair he previously occupied.

I closed my eyes and tried once again to fall asleep. I tossed and turned on the small couch. “What are you doing?” Asher laughed quietly.

“I can’t sleep.” I whined. I heard him shuffling and I opened my eyes to see him going up the stairs. I sighed and felt like crying, I made him run off. Jeez Nora, what a day. I heard creaking on the stairs and saw him making his way down them with blankets and pillows. He smiled and put the blanket on me.

“Better?” He smirked and I nodded. This blanket smells like him. “So you like my blanket?”

“This is yours?!” I almost screamed throwing off the blanket onto the floor at his feet.

“Shh..” he hissed as Grace and Logan rolled over falling back asleep in no time, “yes it’s mine but it’s warmest.” He told me placing the blanket back on me and I snuggled into it smiling.

He laid down next to me on the ground, smiling. I felt warm fingers on my arm under the blanket tickling me, “What are you doing?” I laughed.

“Finding your hand.” He sighed just as his fingers intertwined with mine. “There, goodnight.”

I smiled closing my eyes and finally drifted off to sleep.

********************************

Alright, I'm going to continue this story because I like writing it, and I like how you like  it, so Thanks:) and I don't have a schedule for writing I just write when I can, which is mostly every day but updates will be at least once a week...:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6.4K 23
Haylie Jefferson, the schools nerd; queen of anger issues and pranks has to move again thanks to her dads job. That means leaving everything behind...
1.7K 55 11
1717 as The Golden Age of piracy comes to an end, the Captain of the Serendipity, Craig Tucker, The Ghost, stumbles across something he never expecte...
827K 10.7K 34
These are scenarios where there is no mist and demigods are being revealed. I also do Meet Percabeth! Thank you all for reading, honestly so much. I...
801K 26K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...