The Alpha's Lost Mate

By BrilliantCrescent

"Bryson, where are you? Why haven't you come to get me? Who are you?" I don't know who Bryson is. I don't kn... More

INTRODUCTION
|CHAPTER 1|
|CHAPTER 2|
|CHAPTER 3|
|CHAPTER 4|
|CHAPTER 5|
|CHAPTER 6|
|CHAPTER 7|
|CHAPTER 8|
|CHAPTER 9|
|CHAPTER 10|
|CHAPTER 11|
|CHAPTER 12|
|CHAPTER 13|
|CHAPTER 14|
|CHAPTER 15|
|CHAPTER 16|
|CHAPTER 17|
|CHAPTER 18|
|CHAPTER 19|
|CHAPTER 20|
|CHAPTER 21|
|CHAPTER 22|
|CHAPTER 24|
|CHAPTER 25|
|CHAPTER 26|
|CHAPTER 27|
|CHAPTER 28|
|CHAPTER 29|
|CHAPTER 30|
|CHAPTER 31|
|CHAPTER 32|
|CHAPTER 33|
|CHAPTER 34|
|CHAPTER 35|
|CHAPTER 36|
|CHAPTER 37|
|CHAPTER 38|
|CHAPTER 39|
|CHAPTER 40|
|CHAPTER 41|
|CHAPTER 42|
|CHAPTER 43|
|CHAPTER 44|
|CHAPTER 45|
|CHAPTER 46|
|CHAPTER 47|
|CHAPTER 48|
|CHAPTER 49|
|CHAPTER 50|

|CHAPTER 23|

9.4K 281 21
By BrilliantCrescent

|Everett|

The guys start to get into formation. They all have big grins on their faces as they prepare to play football. "This game must be a lot of fun for the guys."

Jamie looks over at me and smiles. "Yeah it is. The warriors always play this game when we have pack barbecues. They always seem to have so much fun."

"Why don't you play?" I ask. Jamie is a warrior of the pack.

"I'm not interested in playing football. I would rather just watch Alexander have fun with the other warriors." Jamie smiles in the direction of her mate who doesn't have a shirt on. He stands in formation close to Bryson, who winks at me again from a distance before yelling a command and the game starts.

I look down at the over sized shirt I have on, confused as to why I am wearing it and Bryson is not. "Jamie, why are we wearing these shirts and not our mates?"

A fond smiles grows on her face and her hands seems to grip the jersey close to her chest. "The mates of the warriors who are playing wear their jersey to show their support for their mate. The wolves on the team with jerseys are the unmated wolves. So, Logan has a jersey on for example that means that he doesn't have a mate.

I nod and look at my brother who tackles another wolf. Both grin when they get up and pat each other on the pack. Logan not having a mate yet seems strange to me. Bryson knew I was his mate from a young age but Logan has yet to meet his. I wonder where they are. I wonder what they are. Werewolf, human, witch perhaps. I wonder if she will be beautiful and will care for my brother and love him the way that he deserves.

"How did you and Alexander meet?" I ask. I don't know much about Jamie or Alexander despite how close I feel to them. I would love to learn everything about them and all of my pack members. I want to recover the memories that were taken from me.

"I was a rogue. My mother and I were banished from our pack because I killed my father. My father was a pack warrior. He became stressed very often due to our pack not being the strongest and rogues often intruded on pack lands. He would beat us to get rid of stress. One day I got fed up and I shifted in a fit of rage and when I came back and had control over my body, my father was dead on the floor and my mother was crying as she hugged me close." Jamie doesn't look at me throughout her speech. She just continues to look forward at her mate. Her smile dampens as she thinks about her past. "The Alpha banished us and we were forced to become rogues."

"Doesn't a mate typically die when the other does?" I learned from Bryson that when one mate dies if they have been together for a long time the other dies as well.

"My father was not my mother's mate. He killed her mate when he decided that my mother was going to take the place of his lost mate. They had only just met a couple weeks before so their bond was not fully formed. My mother used to tell me about how perfect mates are and that she only wished her mate was still alive." Jamie looks up to the sky as if she was praying to see her mother and her mate up there.

"That must have been so hard on your mom." I whisper.

"Yeah it was. But she always told me there was one good thing that came out of her mating with my father. She said that the good thing was me. She always told me how much she never regretted having me and how much she loved me." Jamie doesn't try but just smiles sadly up at the sky. She continues with her story. "We were wondering for a long time when a group of rogues attacked us. We were close to the boarder of this pack but my mother was killed before we could make onto their lands in hope that they would protect us."

"I'm sorry about your mom." I whisper. Courage envelopes me and I grab her hand and squeeze it hard.

"It's okay. It was a long time ago. I was able to make it across the boarder but the rogues followed. I was cornered and they surrounded me. I thought I was a goner but then Alexander showed up. He was on patrol by himself for the first time. I was wounded and could barely move. Alexander was able to defeat them. He saved me." Jamie looks at me and smiles. "Alexander brought me to the Alpha and Luna. He begged for them to let me into the pack. He begged on his hands and knees. They let me into the pack and I have been here ever since."

"Why did you become a pack warrior? Aren't you tired of fighting?" I ask. I would be tired of fighting if I went through everything that she went through.

"I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. So ever since I got admitted into his pack I have trained my hardest to be the best so that I can protect everyone that I care about. Even if I am tired I don't plan to stop fighting because no on deserves to be mistreated. Aren't you tired of fighting?" She throws the question back at me.

"I am. I'm really tired actually. For thirteen years I have been fighting for my life and my life alone. But I can't stop fighting either. I have to fight for mine and Bryson's future. I have to fight to get my memories back. I have to fight for the safety go this pack. Maybe one day I'll be able to stop but for today I cannot." I say and look to see Bryson running and laughing as pack members try to catch him. He looks so happy like he's having the time of his life. I want to be able to keep that smile on his face.

"You are very strong Everett. I envy you. I don't think I would be as strong if I was going through what you are." Jamie smiles at me and squeezes my hand that is still holding hers.

I shake my head and look her dead in the eye. "You're one of the strongest people I know. Thank you for being the best warrior you can be and protecting this pack and Bryson."

Tears shine in her widened eyes and she moves to wipe them away. I bet she doesn't get to hear thank you very much. I'm glad I got to say it to her. She deserves every word. Jamie smiles and I see dimples in her cheeks telling me it is a real smile.

"Thank you Everett."

Jamie and I continue to talk and laugh. She tells me of how Alexander brings her flowers every Friday when she is visiting the orphaned pack members and they always put on a show for the kids. I laugh when she tells me about a little boy trying to defend her honor when Alexander entered the room one Friday evening.

"Break time!" I hear Bryson yell and he jogs over to me. His skin glistens in the sun with sweat and as he approaches I can see a bead of sweat travel down his chiseled chest to his abs and travel it's crevasses. I look away blushing. Alexander approaches and takes a water bottle from Jamie when she offers it to him.

When Bryson leans down to hug me I quickly get out of my chair and take a couple steps away.
"No, no Mister. You are sweaty. I don't need that on me. No hugs for you until you are not sweaty." I giggle.

"Oh really?" Bryson has a mischievous grin on his face. I see his muscles twitch.

"Don't you dare, Bryson!" But it's already too late. He lunges but I make it a couple steps away from him before he begins chasing me. I laugh as I continue to run but he catches up to me in no time. He grabs me from around the waist and twirls me around.

"Caught you." He teases.

A pout comes onto my lips for a split second before I giggle. "Whatever."

Bryson kisses me softly and I bathe in his warmth. I return the kiss before pushing him away. "I'm going to go grab myself a drink. Do you want a water?"

"I can do it. Why don't you go sit down?" Bryson asks kissing me again.

"No. I want to do it." I don't let him say another word about it before I leave to get us drinks.

There are multiple coolers near the pack house. I wave at pack members as I walk by. My heart is pounding but I know I need to do this if I am going to become comfortable with everyone in this pack. Near the coolers there is a group of pack members that seem to be around my age standing and talking.

When I reach the coolers and grab myself two waters I feel a hand tap my shoulder roughly. I jerk up and turn, my heart pounding against my ribs. My breath comes out in pants as I restrict myself from running back to Bryson. A girl stands behind me, her hands are on her hips which are cocked to the side. Her bleach blond hair is cut stylishly in a bob and her face is covered in make up. She would be pretty if she didn't cake on the orange makeup and if she smiled instead of sneered.

"Can I help you?" I ask softly and try to smile despite the growing bad feeling I have in the pit of my stomach.

She growls and takes a step closer. "Yes, by leaving." 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You got a little back story for Jamie.

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 2.7 K

Number of Votes: 92 votes

Do you ship Jamie and Alexander?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 21K 33
Madison James, seventeen year old werewolf, is miserable. Her father abuses her every day for stupid reasons like tripping over her own two feet, he...
97.4K 4.1K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...