Scars From the Past #Wattys20...

Per moonlightice

He puts one of his arms around my waist and the other around my throat, applying pressure onto my trachea whi... Més

Copyright & Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ The New Girl In Town
Chapter 2 ~ Cinderella Lost Her Shoe
Chapter 4 ~ Giving Up Is Simply Not An Option
Chapter 5 ~ The Poke-master 5000
Chapter 6 ~ Wild Animal Attacks And Unicorns
Chapter 7 ~ You Know Humankind Is Lost When A Man Starts Squealing
Chapter 8 ~ The Picture-Perfect Hollywood Kind Of Love Story
Chapter 9 ~ Insights Into The Past
Chapter 10 ~ When Wishes Come True
Chapter 11 ~ Movie Night & Midnight Hunts
Chapter 12 ~ A Second Chance
Chapter 13 ~ Nightmares Are Dreams Too
Chapter 14 ~ You Don't Play With Food...Do You?
Chapter 15 ~ Her Fingerprints On My Heart

Chapter 3 ~ Voice Of An Angel

305 23 12
Per moonlightice

Chapter 3: Voice of an angel

-Tyler-

Saturday morning and it's six o'clock when I wake up. The sun is shining through the window of my room, flooding it with dazzling light and I find myself forced to get up, groaning and thinking how Mother Nature can be such a bitch at times. Sitting on my bed, still half asleep, I rub my eyes as I remember yesterday's events.

The mysterious girl now has a name: Amy Monroe, a name so delicate and perfect, it could be of a book character. That's a big step forward. But on the downside, she rejected me (well, sort of) and ran off again.

I really don't get it, she was so nice and courteous one second and completely rude and unapproachable the next. So much for "girls are not complicated - how hard is it to give us chocolate and tell us we're beautiful". Yeah, not complicated my ass. Pardon my french.

What is her problem? And most importantly, why do I even care? It's not like we're dating or something.

Suddenly I remember what Darin said, his words echoing in my mind. 'Dude don't tell me you're whipped already!'

Whipped, HA! Who does he take me for? Some prepubescent teenage boy who just found his dad's old Playboy magazines for the first time and is now drooling all over the pretty girls in them? Nah, son.

Letting out another frustrated groan, I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom where I wash my face with cold water in an attempt to clear my mind. But that's all it is; an attempt. As I grab a small towel to dry off my face, I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I sigh, realizing I look like shit.

Whatever.

I trot back into my room, where, after glancing at my clock, I realize it's still too early to meet up with Ashley. So instead I decide to do some pushups and bar pullups. After only a few minutes I can already feel my heartrate getting up, the blood rushing through my veins and pumping in my ears. This is exactly what I need now.

Half an hour later, after letting out my frustration, I grab my jogging pants and an old t-shirt out of my closet and put them on. After I found my jogging shoes, I take my keys and walk out of my apartment, head down the stairs and out of the apartment complex I live in.

This is the point where I should probably tell you that my parents are pretty wealthy. They bought me this apartment after I graduated from high school. I know, I know. It seems a little bit exaggerated - okay, maybe overexaggerated - but it's an awesome place and since I'm not originally from California and didn't want to spend my college years in a dorm, it was the perfect gift.

Stepping out of the apartment complex into yet another warm and sunny day (who would have thought), I see Ashley already waiting for me to start our weekend the way we always do: an hour of extensive jogging.

"Good morning lazy ass, ready for some power workout?" she chirps cheerfully. "Meh, it's way too early to be in such a good mood," I rant at her but immediately regret my harsh answer when I see the hurt in her eyes. Like I said, I hate hurting a girl's feelings especially if that girl is my best friend. Sue me.

"Gee, how many spoonfuls of douche did you have this morning?" she harrumphs, scrunching her nose. "I'm sorry, I'm just in a bad mood," I sigh, looking depressed. Guess I didn't get all the frustration out after all.

"I see. Wanna talk about it?" she asks, looking at me quizzically. "Do I look like one of your girl friends? Cause I don't remember growing a vag-" I begin to say but she cuts me off by placing her hand over my mouth, causing the rest of my sentence to come out muffled. She rolls her eyes at me. "I got it, toughstuff."

"Much better," I grin victoriously. "Can we go now?"

-

"Get out Ash, I'm starving!"

"Geez, chill your balls buddy, I'm coming," she shakes her head as she gets out of the car.

After our usual tour, we decided to take my car and get breakfast at Betty's, a little diner we always go to. They just have the best pancakes and who doesn't love pancakes?

We walk into the small place and as we sit down in one of the booths, a friendly waitress takes our order which consists of a stack of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs and coffee. Betty's diner looks pretty much like those you see in every Hollywood movie. Black and white tiles that are laid out in a grid pattern, red leather booths and a long bar in the middle which takes up most of the space. On the walls all around the diner, which are painted a warm, beige color, are pictures of old Betty herself with celebrities who have visited her place over the years including Jim Carrey, Jennifer Aniston and even George Clooney. But the reason why I love this place so much is because the whole staff wears roller skates during their shift. You know, those cool retro ones from the 80's. It just adds to the atmosphere.

We sit in silence, waiting for our food to arrive, when Ashley suddenly has an idea. "We should do something fun tonight," she suggests, raising an eyebrow significantly.

"Like what?" I'm not sure if I want to know.

"There's this new club downtown, The Skye. Well, actually it's not really a club since it's on the rooftop of a hotel but it looks amazing and tonight they offer free drinks and live music. We should go check it out, it's Saturday and we haven't been partying in ages," she whines.

She's right, we could really use some fun and this definitely sounds like a lot of fun. "Okay then, I'll pick you up at eight. But don't be late," I warn her.

-

God, why do girls always take forever to get ready? It's just a night out, not the freaking fashion week!

"Ashley, hurry up! What on earth is taking you so long?" I yell up the stairs. I have a lot of good traits but patience isn't one of them. "Jeez calm down, I'm almost done!" I hear her yelling back.

After we had breakfast and I dropped Ashley off, I went back home to take a shower and study a bit before getting ready for the night and now here I am, walking around in Ashley's living room. After we graduated from high school, she moved in with her older sister Natalie.

You would think that forty-five minutes is enough to do your makeup and put on your dress but in that case, you definitely don't know my best friend.

Bored to death, I take a last look in the mirror. I decided to wear a white shirt, unbuttoned at the top, and rolled its sleeves up to my elbows. Then I combined it with black jeans and converse. A little amount of hairgel to style my hair up and I was ready to go. All in all, it took me ten minutes to get ready, not two hours.

A clacking sound causes me to turn around and finally I see Ashley walking down the stairs. She's wearing a black strapless dress, a short, golden chain necklace and matching heels. Her hair is curled and she has put on a decent amount of makeup but still enough for her green eyes to stand out even more. She looks smoking hot. Yes, I just totally said that about my best friend.

"Finally! What the hell were you doing up there for so long?" I complain. "Perfection needs time my old friend. Even God created the world in seven days," she just winks at me before walking out of the door.

Girls.

The ride to the club doesn't take long and before I know it, I'm parking right in front of a huge five star hotel.

"Jaiden just texted me, he said they'll be a bit late and we should go ahead," Ashley informs me while we walk through the large, round foyer towards the elevators. The doors open with a light 'ding', allowing us to step into the small, air-conditioned space. Only a little while later, we reach our destination on the twentieth floor before the doors open again and I'm beyond impressed.

The Skye is one of the best nightclubs I have seen so far. Like Ashley told me, it is on the rooftop of a hotel, the Grand Millenium, which is already an attraction in itself. High and thick glass panes have been set up all around its circumference, allowing the guests an uninterrupted view of the city skyline. There is also a pool - yes, a POOL - that can be used, and there seem to be speakers underwater. The bar section is in the left corner, enlightened by blue striplights and a lot of people are dancing in the center of this whole place, right in front of a medium sized stage. I guess that's where the live music comes from even though there's no one performing right now but I can see several microphones and instruments on the stage including drums, electric guitars and a synthesizer.

"You want to drink something?" I ask Ashley, trying to drown the music that's playing and she nods in response. We make our way to the bar and order some shots. "I'm glad you brought me here, I really needed some distraction, thanks Ash," I smile at her. "It was my pleasure Mr. Adams," she yells and picks up one of the tequila shots the bartender just handed over to us. "Cheers!", we say in unison and down the liquid.

A couple of drinks later, we walk over to the dancefloor and start dancing as if there's no tomorrow. Ashley is dancing with a tan, Mediterranean-looking guy and I grabbed a cute, blonde girl who was dancing alone. We move our bodies to the rhythm of the music, my hands firmly placed on her waist, and as the songs get more passionate, she gives me a seductive look, pressing her hips against mine while putting her arms around my neck. But somehow it doesn't feel right.

What's wrong with me?

I want to gently push her away but that's not necessary because the music stops playing and a well dressed guy steps onto the stage. It's the guy that danced with Ashley. I guess he's the owner of this club, even though he's probably only a few years older than me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to the one and only rooftop nightclub in this city, welcome to The Skye!" he announces, causing everyone around to cheer and applaude and his eyes to fill with joy and happiness. "My name is Rafael Gomez," he introduces himself with a smile that causes all of the girls to sigh in awe, almost melting away. "And I hope everyone is having a great time cause I sure as hell am," he continues, winking at Ashley who immediately blushes.

Well, that's new.

And again the guests cheer, some raise their glasses. "But what makes this nightclub unique is not only its location, no. I also hired a couple of very talented, undiscovered young artists to perform live here on this stage. Our first artist tonight is a very special young lady and I can honestly say, I'm flattered that she accepted my offer," he blurts through the mic, taking a dramatic pause.

"Now let me hear a huge applause for...Amy Monroe!" Rafael introduces his artist and gets off the stage, leaving it all to her.

No way. No freaking way.

Utterly surprised, I watch her and some guys getting onto the stage and taking their places. Amy's not looking at the crowd of semi-drunk people who are now going mad, acting as if this was a Justin Timberlake concert.

But that changes as soon as she glances up at us, revealing the depth of her ocean blue eyes. Some guys are whooping and wolfwhisteling, while some others are inhaling sharply and staring at her as if she's some sort of beautiful, magical creature.

I'm sure I don't look too different from them. All I can do is stand there and stare at her beauty. She's wearing a neckholder, dark purple dress that only reaches halfway over her perfectly shaped thighs, and black pumps. The upper part of the dress is pretty tight, accenting her body from her chest to her waist but it flares out from her waist towards the bottom. Her blonde mane is curled into big, shiny waves and she's put on a natural looking makeup that makes her gorgeous eyes shine even brighter. She just looks absolutely breathtaking.

Her look slowly wanders through the crowd and when the music starts playing, a smile begins to form on her face before they start their performance. They play a lot of really good songs, mostly covers from all kinds of different artists but there are also a couple of songs I've never heard before. She moves her body to the songs, walking and dancing all over the stage and rocking the party. She is completely in her element and with every song, the crowd gets wilder and crazier. But me, all I can do is admire her. She's got the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. The voice of an angel.

~/~

Hey guys!

I am SO sorry for not updating this story but I just started my first year of college and I've been so busy just getting used to the new environment and the people and rules and URGH! It's been very crazy days..

I also want to apologize if there are any mistakes in my chapters, my english is not perfect but I'm trying and if you find any mistakes you can always leave a comment below and kindly let me know about it, I'd appreciate it :p thank you so much for reading and I'd love for you to vote for this chapter if you liked it :)

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

30.6K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
Memory Lane Per Liz

Literatura romàntica

94K 9.3K 46
Laura Laurier was spontaneous. She was a passenger on the ride of life, uncaring or unaware of the turns she took. She just followed wherever the roa...
659 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...
9.2M 323K 54
•••Completed••• ••He pushes me against a wall, like yesterday, but this time he starts trailing small kisses along my collar bone and up my neck befo...