Do Better

By theyhatedime

Prezi- Do Better Sequel to Keep it on the Real All Rights Reserved, 2018 © I do not own the rights to any so... More

Intro: Do better
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

8

4K 136 76
By theyhatedime

Yatta's POV

"You know I wouldn't want to put any extra stress on you, but these appearances need to be made." My manager spoke. I nodded in agreement. "We're hitting many different states, different cities so fast, but the money needs to be made."

"I feel it." I responded

"I got one other appearance I need you to make tonight, besides the your scheduled performance. And we'll be holding a meet and greet downtown tomorrow."

"It's whatever to be honest, you know I'm down to meet all my supporters. Just let me know what's poppin and I'm there."

"That's what I like to hear!" She smiled. "It's something light, a little club appearance. Nothing stressful, and you can party after."

"I got you, don't even trip." I nodded.

"Alright then," She grabbed her bag. "Just rest up right now, eat, sleep, whatever you have to do so that you're ready."

"Fashooly will."

"Make sure you talk to them kids and tell Mamé I said wassup." She smirked.

I chuckled. "I gotchu, tell Shawnee I said the same." I spoke of her girlfriend.

"Gotchu, Mr. Jones." She headed out.

Just as I was about to lay down, there was a knock on my door. I sighed once I opened it to Stunna, wondering what she needed.

"Wassup?"

"I brought you some pasta, everybody saying it's good so I thought you may wanna try it. Plus, I know you ain't eat anything home cooked in a while."

"Preciate it." She handed me the plate and I set it down. "You could come in, I guess." I stepped aside for her.

"Why you being all nice and shit?" I side eyed her.

She scrunched up her face. "I can't be? I thought we were friends."

"You just gave yourself a title, when did I say we friends?"

"Wow." She shook her head and I chuckled.

"I'm messin witchu, we cool I guess." I shrugged.

"Yeah whatever, enjoy the pasta." She was headed for the door.

"What you put in this?" I asked as I unwrapped the plate.

"All you needa know is some cheese and meat, it's my granny's special." She slightly smiled.

"Shit smack." I nodded my head while I ate.

"I know that." She smirked.

"Mayne whatever," I waved her off. "What you got going on today?"

"Nothing right now, I'm finna hit up a club out here tonight though, since I got time on my hands."

"Where at?"

"Downtown, this night club called Studio Paris."

"Damn, I think that's where I'm finna be at." I was still focused on my food.

"That's wassup, do yo stuff."

"You know I will, believe that."

"Say, when we gon collab? We been saying we are for the longest."

"I keep telling you, hit me whenever if you really wanna do that. I be forgetting shit hella quick so ima need you to take initiative."

She laughed. "I see."

"....so we're cool forreal?" She asked after some silence. I looked over at her as she leaned against the wall.

"I mean I guess, why?" I asked.

"Well, when we was going back and forth in the studio that other day, we never really talked about it afterwards."

"Ain't shit to talk about, we said what we said." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but I feel bad. I know it was wrong for me to even speak about your marriage-"

"It ain't even like you said anything bad, I ain't tripping off it no more."

"I know, but it was still wrong. I didn't even have a reason to get worked up like I did." She responded.

"You good, don't worry bout it." I waved her off. "We both just tryna make money, so allat conversation shit should've been avoided anyway." I was over everything that happened, since Mamé already forgave me I wasn't worried about it anymore.

"I feel you, and I respect that." She responded.

"I'm finna knock out, so I guess I'll see you later." I was hinting for her to leave.

"Alright, sleep tight." She chuckled. After letting herself out, I finished my food and laid back on the bed, texting Mamé to let her know I was gonna take a quick power nap just in case I don't answer. It took me a while to fall asleep, but I wasn't tripping, I know I have hella time on my hands before I need to get up anyway.

___________

Mamé's POV

"Mommy why can't Nemo come with us?" Cyncere asked as I helped her strap into her seat.

"He's too little to get on this ride baby, so nana's gonna stay with him." I replied. Cyncere just barely made the height requirement.

"Poor Nemo."

I laughed. "He's fine, I bet you'll love this ride though." I spoke. "You ready Kj?" I looked back at him, he sat next to my dad. Imani was seated in the next cart behind them.

He nodded quickly with a wide smile on his face. "Yeah, I love Space Mountain!"

Once the ride operators checked to make sure all the seats were secured and signaled that everything was good, they started the ride and the long cart made its way through the dark tunnel. Immediately, Cyncere latched her hand onto my hand.

"Mommy it's dark!"

"I know baby, it'll get better." I lied, I didn't know what else to tell her. I was surprised that she even wanted to get on this one.

Everywhere was dark and Cyncere didn't know what to expect. She held onto my hand for dear life once the ride started to speed up, making drastic turns which frightened her. It was cold and dark, so I knew Cyn wasn't enjoying herself. She screamed more towards the end, then finally the ride came to a stop.

"Why were you screaming?" Kj laughed once our cart was brought back to the lines. Cyn pouted as she turned away from him.

"Girl, fix your face." I spoke, and she did as told immediately. We exited the ride and decided it was time to eat.

"Disneyland is so much better than California Adventures." Imani spoke as we headed back over to the New Orleans Square. I already made a reservation for us all, so we were seated at the restaurant once a table was cleared. The restaurant we chose was Café Orleans, Cyn couldn't stop looking at the Princess and the Frog statue in the front of the restaurant.

"Mommy, I wanna be Princess Tianna!" She spoke once we sat down.

"Okay baby, you can be Tianna for the next Halloween." She was all smiles until Kj spoke up.

"Cyn you can't be Tianna because you can't be kissing on nobody." Kj stated.

"I know that's right." My father spoke.

The two started arguing over the subject, so I had to shut them up so the waitress could take our orders. We ordered our drinks and ordered starters which was a basket of fries that were well seasoned. After everyone found what they wanted, we placed our orders and waited for our food.

"Karl Avery." I called out. "Stop eating like you ain't got no home training." He was stuffing his face silly, like he hasn't eaten in years.

"Sorry mama." He chewed the remainder of the fries in his mouth thoroughly.

Once our entrees were set at the table, my mother said grace and we dug in. I got Steak and Potatoes for myself, so Cyn ordered the same. I fed Nehemiah some of the mashed Potatoes on my plate.

Once we were finished with our main meals, Kj couldn't wait for dessert, so I went ahead and ordered some Beignets. They were shaped like the Mickey Mouse head which the kids loved. I ordered two plates of them and we tore them up quick. After that, I was extremely full.

We took some time to sit down and talk in the air conditioned restaurant, digesting some of our food, before heading out and clearing a table for the people who were waiting outside to be seated. We took multiple pictures in the New Orleans themed area, before heading towards Fantasyland to go on the "It's a Small World" boat ride.

After going on many more rides with our fast passes and watching the parade, the time flew by and it started getting cold and dark. It was going on 11 and even though the park closesat 12, the kids were drained since we've been here all day. We decided it was finally time to leave the amusement park and get back to the hotel. Once we made it up to where we parked, we all got situated in the car and drove off to the Disneyland themed hotel.

Tomorrow, we'll be hanging out around here and go to the resort pool to swim, and Imani and I plan on going to the spa. After that, we'll take the kids to Downtown Disney and shop a little, then head to the beach on the way home. Nothing too crazy, but we still wanted to have fun.

"Kj ready to knock out." I chuckled as he slouched over on the bed.

"I was just about to call your dad, you want me to call tomorrow?" I asked. His head shot up.

"No, I wanna talk to him." He sat up, rubbing his tired eyes and yawning.

"Okay." I responded, laying Nehemiah down on the bed right next to Cyncere, they were both knocked out cold.

"I'm finna go take a shower." Imani announced as she grabbed her stuff, heading into the bathroom.

I clicked on his contact name to FaceTime him, and it began to ring, and ring. I raised an eyebrow when he didn't answer the first time.

"Okay...?" I called him back, still waiting but the call went to voicemail again. I called for the third time and the same shit happened. I texted him and let him know that his children wanted to speak to him.

"Okay Karl, I think daddy went to sleep so we'll talk to him tomorrow." I spoke.

"Okay." He mumbled as he drifted off to sleep. I shook my head because they all fell asleep with their clothes on. I took their shoes off for them, and only took off certain things for them to be comfortable, plus I didn't want to wake them up. I laid Nehemiah in the middle so he wouldn't fall off the bed, then I tied my hair back to put on my scarf.

I was still confused as to why Yatta didn't answer his phone. Even when he's busy, he'll still answer or at least text me back. I tried to think positive and believe that he's asleep, since they're 3 hours ahead, but I couldn't help but to keep thinking about it. I checked his Instagram story to see that he was at a club about an hour ago, which would be around 1 in the morning there, and he's more than likely still awake. I brushed it off and got myself ready for bed, unclipping my bra and sighing in relief.

"Aw, look at my babies." Imani was finished with her shower and dressed in some night clothes, climbing straight into her bed. I slightly smiled and made my way into the restroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, trying to get my mind off what he could be doing for him not to answer his phone. I wasn't trying to stress myself on it, but it wasn't easy for me to brush it off when he's miles away. Instead of continuing to stress, I laid down to rest like everyone else.

______________

Yatta's POV

"Dawg, I ain't ever think Chicago would be t'd up to my shit like this! Fuckin crazyyy." My words were a little slurred.

After I did my shit on the stage, I ended up staying at the club for a while, getting a few drinks, I think one too many now, and my dumb ass don't know anybody in this bitch.

"You ain't just a Bay Area rapper no more, everybody been fuckin with you!" Stunna spoke over the loud music. I pulled out my phone to check the time, but instead faced all the missed calls I had from Mamé.

"Fuck!" I sighed to myself. With me being on the road and the 3 hour time difference, sometimes it was a challenge to FaceTime my kids at the right time and at least see how they're doing. I stepped outside for a minute to see if she would still pick up.

I called her phone 3 times and they all went to voicemail. I sighed again as I tried calling again, lifting my head up once I heard someone walking towards me. I looked up to find Stunna.

"You good?" She stood in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm straight." I continued scrolling through my phone to see some unanswered text messages as well. I'm really fucking up.

"Yatta...." She placed her hand over my phone. My head shot up in her direction. She leaned closer to me and for some reason I felt stuck, watching as her lips touched mine.

My phone fell out of my hands and hit the floor hard. The sound rung through my head a couple times and that's when I was brought back to reality, pushing her off me.

"Yatta I-"

I put my hand up to stop her from saying anything else. I picked up my cracked phone and walked back into the club, still trying to process what had just happened. I came here with some of the niggas that I'm touring with, but I needed to leave right now. I kept getting stopped by people who wanted to take pictures, and even though I wasn't really in a good mood right now, I did so anyway. I usually don't use them, but I called up an uber on my other phone so I could get the hell out of here. Once my ride was outside, I was out of there and didn't look back, still in deep thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 2.4K 20
Just read 💙
792K 23.5K 56
SOBxRBE- Keep It On The Real All Rights Reserved 2018 © I do not own the rights to any song added in the multimedia.
Tough love By diamond

General Fiction

233K 7.2K 68
EDITING this was my very first book so please don't judge 😭 under construction 🗣
233K 7.9K 62
Copyright © 2016-18 by "BarbieZari" All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever with...