Trollhunters: Tales of Baniar

By Just_A_Lonely_Girl3

||OCxJim|| A SORCERESS dead, but not gone AN HEIR unwilling, but strong A BEST FRIEND lost, but hopeful A HUN... More

Note
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen

Part Nine

277 6 3
By Just_A_Lonely_Girl3

For a moment, I went blank from the shock. Had Jim really just done what I thought he had? This would bring terrible repercussions, not to mention the onslaught of questions Westley would have for me that Jim wouldn't have to answer. Just thinking about it made me want to hit my head repeatedly in frustration

The first thing my mind registered was West screaming. It was a high-pitched, annoying sound, but I couldn't exactly blame him for it. Seeing a blue creature, double the size of yourself isn't exactly a very nice experience for anyone. Jim was glaring sharply at West, who was still screaming, and I staggered back. Before I could say anything, West grabbed my arm and tugged me towards him.

"I knew it wasn't a bear who attacked you!" West cried.

I wasn't sure how to respond. West was looking expectantly at me, as if I was supposed to scream and run for the hills. As if I was to comfort him and tell him I was as clueless as him. But I couldn't. I couldn't tell him that and lie to his face like I had been for so long. Jim was staring at me too. I wanted to ask what he had been thinking, or even just to have comfort from what I knew what would be to come. I took a step away from West, and he looked at me with a mixture of confusion and hurt. I couldn't blame him.

"Look just-" I stammered, "I can explain!"

"You can explain?" West frowned. "What do you mean 'you can explain'? It's not like you knew about this creature- this monster. You are the victim here!"

"He is not a monster!" I hissed on impulse, and West shrunk back in shock. I knew how I reacted was a little harsh, but I owed Jim enough to defend him from a bad-mouthing friend.

Westley's shocked gaze turned hard, and he folded his arms with a harsh, antagonising look to me. "Then tell me, Ro, what is he?"

I took a deep breath, my mind reeling for something to tell him. If I told West everything, then he and his whole family could be put in danger. Mia, only a few weeks old, would be put in danger. But if I didn't tell him, West would never forgive me.

"He's a troll," I told him flatly, knowing he wouldn't believe me, "and I'm the heir of an evil sorceress that wants me to bring an eternal night so all the bad trolls can run about and take over the world. Oh, and I have magic."

As I predicted, West gave a frustrated snort, before rolling his eyes sarcastically. "Yeah, and I'm Merlin."

I closed my eyes, exhaling slowly. "Actually, Mr. Calendonensis is."

I was too afraid to see his reaction, but I knew he would be angry. It was what West did to bring a rational conclusion to something, or to hide the fact that there wasn't. I didn't like this side of him and had only seen him this angry when I confessed to him that my dad would hit me occasionally. West had sprung up so quickly and had demanded that we talk to an officer, or even just to confront my dad. I don't think I could have refused faster. But this time, it was different. I was the one he was angry at, not my dad.

I snuck a glance up to see West with a bewildered expression, and he took a step forward when I met his eyes. He grabbed my arm, tough and harsh, and pulled me in the opposite direction of Jim.

"I don't know what this cosplaying freak has been feeding you, but I won't let it stand." I whimpered, and the grip tightened. "Do you hear me? I won't."

He bent his face next to mine. "I said, got it?" I could feel his hot breath on me, my heart racing.

"I-I'm sorry!" I cried, cold, salty tears flowing down my cheeks silently as I tried to pull out of his grasp.

"It was all your fault, all your fault!" He growled, and tears, in his eyes too, formed as he hit down hard. "She's dead because of you!"

I sobbed loudly, using my free hand to cover my face. "It-it wasn't my fault!"

Faintly, I felt West drop me to the floor, Jim rushing over to me and both boys standing over my body with a worried expression. Westley's face held regret, but I couldn't comment on it. I would if I had been able to breathe. I was choking on the tears now, my heart leaping out of my chest with every sob I let out.

"What's-" I heard softly, as a slight warmth began to fill my body.

I noticed Jim look up at West, his blue eyes wide with fear. I wasn't sure why they were afraid. The warmth was back, and I was numb. I couldn't feel the pain, both mental and physical. It was nice, pleasant. Jim's eyes. Beautiful in every sense, as if sent from the god's above.

"Panic attack," West faintly called, but I didn't catch the end of what he said next.

Panic attack? Who was panicking? I knew I was content, and yet slight tears were forming in Jim's eyes. Why would an angel as beautiful as him cry? His eyes seemed illuminated by the tears, and I cupped my hand over his cheek.

"Why are you crying?" I whispered, smiling gently.

I didn't hear what he said. I didn't hear anything after that.

I woke up in Jim's room. Nobody else was in the room with me, so I took the chance to quickly scan the room. It was cleaner than the last time I saw it, and the picture of Claire, Toby, and Jim had been replaced with just a photograph of Jim and Toby. I wanted to meet Toby, having heard lots about him and made a mental note to ask Jim about it. Well, that and what had happened for me to end up in here with a bright red mark on my arm.

I stood slowly, stumbling slightly as I made my way out of his room. I walked the familiar path to Blinky's room, to check if anybody was inside, but was greeted by nobody. In fact, there wasn't any person, or troll, in sight.

"Where are you going?" A gruff voice said suspiciously, and I turned to see nobody.

My gaze slowly drifted down and I was met with a strange, small little troll. He had a large green nose, with a dark tuft of hair and two, long ears that stuck-up like a dog's. If he had been human, his height would indicate that he was about a toddler, and he was wearing a diaper. I recognised what he was immediately.

"A changeling?" I guessed, and he puffed out his chest.

"You know your stuff, girly," he grunted, before turning around and beginning to waddle down the hall towards the training room.

I resisted the urge to giggle at his walk and instead caught up with him. I wasn't sure who this Changeling was, but I knew that Jim was friends with a few. He spoke highly of Strickler, a Changeling that was dating his mum back in Arcadia, and had mentioned a younger one called NotEnrique. I had laughed at the name, but the tiny troll had never had any other name so that was what everyone had called him. Could this Changeling be him?

"Is that where everyone is?" I asked, pointing at the descending staircase. "In the training hall?"

The hall wouldn't be visible until about halfway down the stairs, which was steadily nearing, but the troll explained regardless. "Only a few. Your human friend has caused a bit of trouble, so most of Trollmarke' has gone into their dens. Though, I'm not sure whether it was for the human's benefi' or their own."

I followed him down the stairs, which proved slightly difficult. Despite his size, he could really move fast. Sure enough, Blinky, Jim, West, and Merlin were the only ones around. I quickly joined the group. It was obvious that there was some sort of line between Blinky and West, and Merlin with Jim.

NotEnrique scurried over to Jim and leapt onto his shoulder, and I stood in the middle of the group. West stood both confused and slightly scared but when he tried to catch my eye, I quickly looked away.

Blinky's eyes, all six of them, brightened when he saw me. "Ah, Miss Caster, surely you can spread light on why Merlin and Jim are entirely incorrect. I believe we should not erase Master Westley's mind but-"

I held up my hands to stop him. "Hold on, did you say erase his mind?"

Merlin stepped in, his voice low and old as usual. "Indeed. It is quite obvious the human can't accept what has always been true. Take what happened as evidence!"

Jim gave me a soft look. "He caused you a panic attack- a bad one because he hurt you."

"I think it is an entirely reasonable reaction- not that I'm condoning his behaviour- to a troll growl and glare at you!" Blinky countered. "This would be doing the boy no favours, as our opposition may attempt to convince you, and instead only put him and his family at even more risk."

"If Claire hadn' known about me then she wouldn' have been pu' into this mess at all!" NotEnrique reminded him. "In that case, her ignorance would have been bliss."

West raised his hand meekly. "If it means anything, I don't want my mind erased."

"Like you have any right to talk!" Jim growled, his eyes flashing. "Your reaction is what caused all of this to happen. You scared her so badly she thought you were her father! She thought her father was the person inflicting pain on her because her mind refused to accept that you, her best friend, were!"

Westley flinched and looked as though he was going to say something else, but quickly thought against it. He tried to get my attention once more, but I ignored him. It was hard keeping up with all of the arguing. For a moment, I was really considering erasing his mind. It would remove the guilt that bubbled inside him obviously whenever he glanced at me, and he wouldn't be involved with anything regarding trolls. He would be safe. And yet, his safety couldn't be guaranteed. What if him not knowing just made everything worst? And what if, when he did find out, he knew that I had chosen to have his mind erased.

"How would his mind even be erased?" I asked Merlin, and West gave a sputtered cry.

"I can't believe you are actually considering this! Look, I hurt you and I'm sorry, but you can't-"

Merlin silenced him quickly. "Magic. I would require your help since my magic still hasn't fully returned, but it would be easy enough with the both of us. Even you, Miss Caster, would easily be able to cast the enchantment with your power level. In the end, it is your decision."

Everyone stared at me expectantly. Blinky was accepting, and I knew that no matter what I chose, he would still be there for me. Merlin was sharp. I wasn't sure if he would extend the same courtesy. Jim just stared at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes, giving me a small smile when he realised I was staring. And Westley. West was terrified. It was the easy route out. I wouldn't have to deal with West and explaining everything to him, even when I knew so little myself, and he wouldn't carry the guilt. But, it was wrong. Both morally and ethically.

"We can't," I said softly, and West's sigh of relief was easily audible. "Westley will just have to accept it."

I could tell West picked up on the fact that I said his full name.

"Are you sure, Ro?" Jim asked me, and concern laced his voice. "He hurt you, and he may hurt more people in the future. Whether this is accidental or purposeful, we won't know until it is too late."

West let out an indigent cry. "I would never hurt Ro, never intentionally!"

I let him think about what he said for a moment, as Jim sent him a look I couldn't see. "But you did," I reminded him softly, before sharply turning away.

"He will not have his mind erased. Blinky, if you would explain everything Westley needs to know it would be appreciated," I declared, turning away from the trolls. "Now, if you would excuse me, the bed is calling my name and, despite my previous sleep, I am exhausted."

Jim followed quickly after me, saying a quick goodbye to the other trolls and West, and joining me up the stone stairs. He looked guiltily at me for a moment, before looking forward once more.

"I'm sorry I couldn't stop him in time," he admitted, "It was bad enough that he hurt you, but worse because he was your best friend."

"You couldn't have stopped it," I said, reminding him gently. "And, besides, at least now I finally get to be with you. Properly, without anyone barging in."

He snickered, and we eventually entered his room. I sent him a sideways glance.

"Do you want me to sleep on the floor?" I asked him as a last-ditch effort.

Jim rolled his eyes, softly pulling me next to him onto his bed. He gave me a crooked smile. "Never. And, besides, you need a good night's sleep for your first day back at school."

I groaned, covering my face with my hands. "Oh, school. I forgot about the worst time of my week."

"It'll be fun," Jim said sarcastically, drawing out the last word, "and at least you won't have to see Claire anymore."

I smiled, but he couldn't see it in the dark. "That's a plus, I guess."

"Goodnight, Ro."

"Goodnight, Jim."

Words: 2368
Wow! The support on this story is crazy! Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments. Keep doing what you do. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 196 18
(Set in Trollhunters, season three) Sonya never saw it coming. Hell, no one did. Gunmar swept into Trollmarket, and took control of the Heartstone, w...
15.8K 59 3
Just a collection of one-shots from one of the best DreamWorks animation series out there! Requests are open! Dedicated to our Trollhunter, Anton Ye...
168K 7.1K 41
Meet teenagers Jim Lake and Y/N L/N. Two great kids here in his small town called Arcadia. Although every day might be the same, go to school, do ho...
87K 3.6K 69
𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 "𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒇𝒕." - Jim Lake Jr...