Writing tips

By WonderGirlFL

Just some tips on writing your novels or stories. I know how hard it can be to start, to create your characte... More

Questions to ask when creating fictional cities.
Plot hole problems.
Story Role.
Conflict.
Character alignment.
Different scenes.
Ten worst story openings.
Surnames.
Cliffhangers
Going from wanting to write to actually writing.
Random advice.
Best to do while writing.
Books for inspiration.
What You Need To Create A Character Readers Will Die For
50 High-Stakes Plot Ideas!
How to Start Writing a Book: A Peek Inside One Writer's Process
Random advice.
4 Ways to Hook Your Readers & Keep Them Wanting More
8 things writers forget when writing fight scenes.
How to hook a reader.
How to create tension in writing
How to write a villain.
Writing a character.
Give me some ideas.
How to name your story.
Grammar issues?
JK Rowling's 8 rules of writing.
5 Common writing mistakes.
50 Plot twist ideas.
Boy names.
Girl names
100,000 Words a day?
How to end a story.
Naming your novel part two.
Improve your writing.
Fight scene to die for.
39.Character questionnaire.
40. Start with the Protagonist.
MASTER LIST of Physical Descriptions!
Grammar 101 Series: Punctuation
How to describe clothing in a story.
Writing on paper?

Things writers sometimes do when writing.

246 12 3
By WonderGirlFL

Things writers sometimes do when writing.

I myself have found these mistakes in my writing. It really happens more often than we think.

When you have a good idea and you start writing it's exactly like reading. When you get to the climax of the story it just feels like you can not write fast enough. That is when you make this mistake.

The mistake is simple. Your mind thinks so fast you literally write in confusion. Example: you ate writing a fantasy story and your narrator is about to slay THE beast. Your mind thinks too fast and you write about him/her killing the beast before he/she even saw the beast. It makes action books quite hard to write for this reason.

I for one hate it when I read a chapter and the beast is killed before it was seen.

Another mistake is writing in different tenses. If you start a story in the present only references or flashbacks can be written in the past. Or if it starts in the past it can't just switch back to the present. It makes no sense.

Example: Mary was busy baking bread while I was eating chocolate. Also Manny was busy playing chess with dad and Leo is planting flowers. If you find this it is really easy to fix but if you struggle feel free to ask.

Another thing writers sometimes do is get lazy. Instead of typing out the entire thing they shorten it to only two or three words so the entire chapter is written in a few words instead of more descriptions. This can get frustrating, especially when it's such a good book.

They also write when they really want to write. Don't. If you really want to write you just write crap. Write when you least want to write. That's when the story gets really interesting.

If you are a writer who doesn't listen to music while writing start. If you keep your brain functioning it gets easier to write. Depending on the mood of the chapter and the mood of the song will depend how the chapter turns out. I personally find it easier having a different playlist for a certain type of chapter.

Writing is like learning. Try to be in a quiet place with music if you write. Try to have as little distractions as possible. It really helps sometimes. Especially on one of those extremely boring chapters that you never seem to finish.

I hope this advice was helpful. Feel free to request any other chapters or advice you want me to give. Also I know I've said it before but I do make Covers for free. Go check it out if you want.

~Natalie.

;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 320 103
Take a look into my life! The chapters are not that long. If a chapter is longer it usually means that I am sharing a story or that I put texts into...
1.3M 42.4K 200
✓ Completed ✓ Facts, Descriptions, Scenarios, And interesting things about the 12 Zodiac Signs! Book 1 *Creds To Original Authors, mainly on tumblr s...
214K 5K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
8.1K 140 15
Please read. Worked really hard.