Paper Hearts | ✓

By Sky_teddy

"God! Kemi I'm so sorry I shouldn't have..." "You're sorry?" she asked her eyes misty with unshed tears. "Wha... More

🌸Introduction 🌸
✍ Chapter One ✍
✍ Chapter Three✍
✍ Chapter Four✍
✍ Chapter Five ✍
✍Chapter Six✍
✍ Chapter Seven✍
✍ Chapter Eight✍
✍Chapter Nine✍
✍ Chapter Ten✍
✍ Chapter Eleven✍
✍Chapter Twelve✍
✍ Chapter Thirteen✍
✍Chapter Fourteen✍
✍Chapter Fifteen ✍
✍ Chapter Sixteen✍
✍ Chapter Seventeen✍
✍ Chapter Eighteen✍
✍ Chapter Nineteen✍
✍ Chapter Twenty✍
✍ Chapter Twenty-one✍
✍Chapter Twenty-two✍
✍ Chapter Twenty-three✍
✍ Chapter Twenty-four✍
✍ Chapter twenty-five✍
✍ Chapter Twenty-six✍
✍ Epilogue ✍

✍ Chapter Two✍

2.7K 403 113
By Sky_teddy

Two | Rude

Beautiful people are not always good but good people are always beautiful— Imam Ali

~•~

"So see you at lunch?"

"Yeah sure, bye girls."
They both waved her goodbye and headed to the elevator, Ada turned and gave Kemi the I got my eyes on you sign. Kemi laughed.

While Nife and Ada worked on the 5th floor, her office was just down the hall from the conference room on the 1st floor.

Kemi worked in the public relations department while Nife was the secretary to the CEO. Ada on the other hand worked in communications and marketing, they were responsible for advertisement and launching of new products.

The trio worked for Crystal Ltd, a technological company that dealt with the manufacture of software programs. They occasionally dabbled into hardware repairs if need be and they were the best in the state.

Kemi turned and almost immediately collided with someone's hard chest. "Ow!" She touched her nose to restore it's factory setting, breathing. She couldn't breathe.

Kemi looked up ready to attack the person that seemed to be blind, dumb and deaf.

"Nnamdi," she said under her breath. God the man was so hard.

"Next time," he said while gently pushing her out of his way "watch where you're going." He left  without looking back.

"Well, that was plain rude," Kemi mumbled while adjusting her clothes. He smelt so good and that deep velvety voice that... "Snap out of it Kemi."

Her phone rang, it was her boss Mrs Adebayo. "Hello ma," she said increasing her steps.

"Hello your head, so you want to sleep there abi?" Christ, she hated the woman's voice, it was rough like someone grating carrots.

"No ma, I had to do something I'm on my..." she trailed off as her boss hissed loudly over the phone. Kemi thought that she sounded like a whistling kettle.

"Excuses excuses, something like what, gossiping with your naughty friends isn't it? Before I open my eyes I want to see you in front of me, lazy thing!" She hung up before Kemi could respond.

"Did she just call me lazy? I practically do all the work in that office and she has the guts to call me lazy," Kemi murmured as she approached her office.

"Do you always talk to yourself, pretty one?" a tall lean man commented as he leered at her. He was leaning by the wall near the door that led to her office.

Kemi hissed as she ignored him.

Emmanuel worked in the human resources department, he always followed her around the office occasionally sending her weird notes and stupid gifts that always ended up in the trash. And moreover he was kind of creepy, okay give him a break Kemi he's not that bad.

"Shouldn't you be settling quarrels or something?" Kemi glared at him with obvious derision.

"Well, I think it's sexy that you talk to yourself," he said and winked at her as she opened the door to her office.

Okay scratch that, he's very bad!

"You're so disgusting!" Kemi spat while closing the door behind her but not before she heard him chuckle.

"Finally, I thought you decided to give birth," Her boss said smiling at her own dumb joke. For a second she reminded Kemi of plankton in SpongeBob SquarePants. Short with thin short legs and big bulgy eyes. The only thing missing were the antennas.

"Why are you looking at me like I've suddenly sprouted horns?" Ironic right?

When she got no response from Kemi, she turned to the files on the desk. "You see these?"

"Yes!" I'm not blind duhh. Kemi didn't dare say that out loud, there were consequences.

"I need you to sort them out today if not you'll be working late again," Evelyn Adebayo said with a smirk on her face.

Kemi shuddered, that face could kill a healthy newborn. "Again? But ma this would be the third day in a row!" Kemi exclaimed, her frustration visible on her beautiful oval face.

don't you have a heart?

"Do I look like I care?" Evelyn snapped glaring at her.

Obviously no! Kemi thought as she looked at the files scattered all the massive desk, it was the biggest in the office. Behind was a shelf she was supposed to sort the files into according to type, whether it be complaint, report, appreciation or suggestions from various clients.

Crystal Ltd took customer service very seriously and poor Kemi had to suffer for that. Nancy her co-worker was obviously somewhere gossiping her life away while she, Kemi had do all the work.

Did I forget to mention that Nancy was Evelyn's niece? Well, that explains that.

"I'll get to work, ma."

Evelyn gave her the like you have a choice look as she bimbled away.

"Well, let's get to work," Kemi mumbled. She flopped down into the nearest chair.  I'm definitely taking a long bath when I get home. Kemi thought to herself. Unless... "No I'm not asking that idiot for help."

She winced at her choice of words, she wasn't one to call people names but Emmanuel totally deserved it.

Nancy walked in an hour later, her heels making click clack sounds on the tiled floor. The sound annoyed Kemi reminding her of the famous 'madam koi koi' in highschool stories.

Nancy was her lazy co-worker who spent most of her working hours gossiping about, she was tagged as the office gossip after Adaeze of course.

"God you look horrible," Nancy said with no iota of sympathy in her voice. She clicked her tongue, "poor you!"

Kemi glared at her, God she despised Nancy. It wasn't just her heavily made up face or her poor choice of clothes or her boobs threatening to spill out of her shirt any minute from now. It was her attitude, she was just like her aunt and that voice, horrible and high pitched, not to talk of her overly padded hips.

"I really some help with these," Kemi snapped impatiently at Nancy who was already punching her phone.

"Fine haba, you're too worked up."

Kemi hissed.

"Don't worry babes you can thank me later," Nancy added with that horrible voice of hers.

"Lunch time!" Adaeze sang popping her head into Kemi's office. She always came to call Kemi for lunch, which was her favorite time of the day.

"Sorry sweetheart, I've got work to do," Kemi signed without looking up from the files she was working on.

"So you're missing lunch?" Ada said like if she just mentioned a death sentence. "Kemi, aguu na-agu mu biko! Let's go to the cafeteria and get something to eat please," Ada added in a distressed voice.

"What happened to your legs, I didn't say you shouldn't go?" Kemi asked. "And besides Nife would be there you ..."

"God you're talking like if you don't know Nifemi, she hates sitting alone with me!" Ada interrupted her.

"Ahahn now hate is a strong word, is the right word but still...", Kemi said laughing. "She just hates the way you talk about yourself all the time."

"But you don't so let's go!" Ada snapped obviously not listening to Kemi's preaching.

"Please the both of you should just leave already, you guys are distracting me," Nancy hissed.

"Are you even working? You've been playing with that phone since you got here!" Kemi shouted in annoyance.

"Make I hear word abeg!", Nancy said without looking up from her phone.

"And who are you talking to like that you overfed houserat?"

"Ada please just let it be," Kemi pleaded. The Adaeze she knew would pounce on Nancy within the twinkling of an eye.

"Yes, take your hideous self out of this office bitch!" Nancy retorted glaring at Ada. The two never seemed to get along, they didn't see eye to eye.

"What did call me?" Ada spat looking at Nancy like she just migrated from area 51.

"Adaeze let's go!" Kemi said while holding her back.

"No, hapu mu aka let me teach this slut a lesson," Ada insisted pointing at Nancy.

Nancy eyes narrowed to slits.

"Oh you think I don't know how you go around this office looking for men to sleep with Abi? Moreover the money you earn from prostituting can't be compared to the amount I use to buy my beauty soap, so don't ever call me names in your life again?Anuofia!"

Kemi having succeeded in dragging her of the office closed the door behind them blocking out Nancy's rants and threats.

"You sef eeh!" Kemi said disappointment written all over her face as they walked towards the elevator.

"What?!"

"Why were exchanging words with that girl eeh?"

"I wanted to teach her a lesson", Ada shrugged obviously unperturbed.

"Well madam teacher you're happy now abi?" Kemi said dragging Ada into the elevator and punching the buttons.

"Obviously yes sweetums, did you see the look on her hideous face?" Ada giggled.

Kemi had no choice but to laugh.

"God her face was so red, that for a moment I thought she would explode."

Kemi laughed harder as they walked out of the elevator towards the cafeteria.

"So?" Ada asked looking at her intently.

"So what?"

"Who is the guy you were ogling..."

"Adaeze!" Kemi shouted interrupting her.
"What! I thought I would be lucky this time around."

"God, you're so annoying!" Kemi exclaimed shaking her head.

"I know you love me," Ada said giving Kemi's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Unfortunately, I do."

Translations

Abeg make I hear word: please stop disturbing me.

Aguu na-agu mu biko (ibo): I'm hungry please!

Anuofia (ibo): Wild animal

Hapu mu aka (ibo): leave me alone

————————
So, you like?
I hope you did.

Adaeze was my friend in primary school, do all Adaeze's behave like this? 😝

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share, you'll make me very happy 😊.

I hope the translation is okay?
See you in my next chapter.😉

Teddy: Remember, do unto your chocolate as you want others to do unto you!😛

Spread the love,
Sky_teddy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 1.8K 29
Ewww!" He spat. "Me? Like you? I'd rather date a horse than date an ugly thing like you!" He seethed before forcefully pushing her on the floor, she...
69.4K 10.7K 35
*Nigerian Themed Novel* FRIENDSHIP.ENVY.BETRAYAL.LOVE.LUST AND OBSESSION. Six screaming words in this drama filled story. Having met in the universit...
50.3K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
32.4K 4.6K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...