Crevania

By MycahReed

More

Crevania
Crevania "Prologue"
Crevania Chapter one
Crevania Chapter Two
Crevania Chapter Three
Crevania Chapter Four
Crevania Chapter Five
Crevania Chapter Six
Crevania Chapter Seven
Crevania Chapter Eight
Crevania Chapter Nine
Crevania Chapter Ten
Crevania Chapter Eleven
Crevania Chapter Twelve
Crevania Chapter Thirteen
Crevania Chapter Fourteen
Crevania Chapter Sixteen
Crevania Chapter Seventeen
Crevania Chapter Eighteen
Crevania Chapter Nineteen
Crevania Chapter Twenty "final chapter"

Crevania Chapter Fifteen

39 2 8
By MycahReed

Chapter Fifteen

I was in the dungeon for a week now. The food was like poison and I couldn’t sleep. I was messed up. It was agonizing not knowing the time, if it was day or night. I haven’t talked to anyone. I just know how long I’ve been here judging by the rotations of my assigned guards.

Do Joshua and the others think of me now the same way Simon does? I wonder if Lucas is ever coming for me. I wonder if I can break out of here if that’s the case.

“Angelica Sphere, your presence is requested in the court room.” A guard announced.

“It’s about time.” I mumbled as I stood up. Ten guards took me to the private council room. When I entered in, I saw the queen, Richard, Simon, Gilbert and the members of the council. Nathaniel, Anton Von Crest and Jonathan Livian were here too.

“The accused have entered the room. Angelica Sphere,” a person announced. I bowed down before them as a sign of respect when I reached the steal oval. “The trial shall now commence.”

“Angelica Sphere is being accused of being accessory to the crime of the Yin Yang operations and went here to Corona to kill the prince.” Gilbert announced. I saw Richard make a face. “Oliver Hook shall be the first witness.”

“Wow, I’ve never even seen that guy in my life.” I whispered when a man came in wearing prison clothes.

“That woman has been William’s friend ever since she arrived here. She always talks with him. She was involved when Anya Livian was captivated. I couldn’t do anything because I was threatened by William. She pretended to have saved her but in fact those men were just mildly hurt and she made them escape.” This was certainly a kangaroo court trial.

“How do you know about all of this?” Jonathan Livian didn’t look convinced. He shouldn’t be! I saved his daughter’s life twice!

“William told me.” ‘Oliver answered.

“When did he tell you?” Nathaniel followed. I might actually have a chance here. I have someone who will support me, I think.

“When he visited me a week ago…”

“And you instantly believed what he said without considering that she might be just being framed?” Gilbert was the one who asked. I know what he’s trying to do. He’s asking this kind of question so it wouldn’t seem like he’s siding on anyone.

“She was certainly involved, I’m sure of it.” I gritted my teeth in despair. How can this man lie so fluidly?

“What is your basis for this kind of accusation? You cannot expect us to believe this when your only basis is that you feel like it.” Richard hissed.

“You may now step down Mr. Oliver Hook.” The queen said sternly. I looked at Richard and he was reaching out for something in his chest. He only pulled it half way and I instantly knew what it was.

The door slammed open and Lucas went in along with Joan and Joshua. I felt relieved when I saw them. “You are not invited in this trial.” The queen stood up and frowned.

“I am the King of Hearts. I have every right to be here given that the accused is my subordinate and my daughter. But please carry on.” Lucas found a seat among the council who stiffened when they saw him. Joshua and Joan stood beside him.

So that was why I couldn’t see them. They fetched Lucas for me. Thank goodness!

“Your majesty, may I ask for my own witness?” I said as calmly as I could. I finally have the guts to fight for myself now.

“No,” She refused as she sat down.

“I don’t have a lawyer. The least you can do is let me defend myself.” I still forced myself to sound composed. Gilbert tapped her hand and then she nodded.

“Alright,” The queen looked at me sharply.

“I ask for Gilbert Von Relias to be my witness.” Everyone gasped when I spoke. It appeared humorous to Gilbert.

“It would be my pleasure.” He smirked.

“Lord Gilbert, how long have you been friends with my father Lucas Sphere?” I wondered.

“I have been ever since we were kids.”

“How long have you known the previous King Henry and Lord Anton Von Crest?” I followed the question.

“The same as Lucas…” He answered spontaneously.

“So you happen to know everything there is to know about them. I would expect nothing less from the King of Diamonds. I am being accused of having the motives to kill the prince. Is this something that you’ve actually proven or something you just thought for yourself?” I am a lawyer, I can do this.

“You’re an accomplice of the Yin Yang. That is your motive for sure.” He said sternly.

“Prince Richard Corona, I’m sure you have the letter from King Henry. Can you give it to me please?” I was betting it was what he shown me awhile ago.

“Of course,” Richard stood up and handed it to me. The Queen and everyone else were oblivious to what it was, except Joshua of course.

“Here I have the letter from the King himself and I will read it to you all. I think this is the major reason for the accusations to me. I’ll read this and after that, you can decide whether this was forged or not.” I sighed. “My dearest Angelica, I am very sorry I was not there with you as you grew up. But I want you to know that I always watched over you. We used to play together on the Von Crest garden. I visit that place for you as often as I could. But then Queen Cecile found out and she was very upset about it. She made me swear to never ever made contact with you again because she was concerned with what the people of Corona would think if they found out that I had an illegitimate child. I had no choice but to watch over you in the shadows. I have no excuse for myself but you must know that I love you so much my dearest daughter. Now that my time is near, I decided to write this letter and put my last energy to put this on a spell where only you could find it. Take good care of your brother Richard. I won’t be there for him and Cecile is not that good of a mother so please watch over him. Make sure he makes the right decisions and help each other out. Perilous time is approaching and you have no one else but each other. I hope you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me. I beg for your mother’s forgiveness as well. You have to understand that what I did was for your own protection. Yours’ truly, King Henry Corona…” The room was filled with noise as they discussed the letter.

Gilbert didn’t seem to know about the letter and I commend Richard for bringing it. “That can’t be real.” He hissed.

“I came here in the name of Angelica Hove and I’m sure the queen had no idea who I was when I did. I would never kill my own brother. I will never do anything to threaten Crevania since I am part of the Olympians. I took a sacred oath to protect it. If you all accuse me of something I did not do, the wrath of the guardians will fall upon all of you. This country will rise in turmoil because the firstborn was killed. They might not know about it but the heavens do.” I threatened.

“We are not afraid of that. You are guilty and you should be punished!” The queen yelled.

“Guilty of being born… Now that’s a shallow accusation. I am the rightful heir to the throne and as a Queen who was only placed on the throne by marriage has no right to put me in jail. But don’t worry… I will renounce my throne to Richard because I have no interest of ruling over Corona.”

“Gilbert, you have been aware of this for a long time and you manipulated the Queen and your subordinates.” Nathan said in a loud voice.

“You cannot possibly believe this woman.” Gilbert made a confident expression. “She is a witch.”

“Let this woman go or suffer the wrath of the rest of the continent.” Lucas finally stood up and walked towards me. “Zostir will fight for her, the King and Queen said so themselves. Berimonte will surely side with us and without a doubt, Monte Vista will as well.”

“Very well then, I’ll banish her.” Queen Cecile hissed.

“Mother that’s enough…” Richard reprimanded her.

“Try doing that to my daughter Cecile. I dare you.” Lucas’ voice changed into somewhat dark and menacing. He placed his hands on my cuffs and it clicked open. “I should be bombing this whole country by now for what you did. As she said, you have no right to do that to the princess of this country.” He hugged me tightly and sighed.

“Thanks for coming dad.” I mumbled.

“I’m sorry I sent you here.” He whispered in my ear. “Furthermore, William Hook said in the letter he gave Angelica, Anton von Crest was involved with the Yin Yang. He wants Nathaniel to be the next ruler of this country. It says so right here.” Lucas made the letter fly off to the queen. She read it and her eyes widened in shock.

“This is the letter that William forced Oliver to write.” The queen hissed.

“I have to testify to that.” Nathaniel spoke. “I heard my father talking to Gilbert about that once when I was still a child.”

“What the hell are you doing?” Anton Von Crest yelled.

“They want me to be king so they can control me and that’s why they treated Angelica badly ever since.” I can’t believe he’s standing up for me! My cousin is siding with me!

“The reason you didn’t do anything to Angelica is because of her mother and you better keep it that way.” Lucas threatened.

Who is my mother and why does everyone seem so afraid of her? Is she the leader of the Suit of Spades?

“Queen Cecile, judge this trial fairly.” Richard reminded her.

“What possible motive could he have for doing this? Gilbert is the King of Diamonds. He can never betray me.” The queen raised her voice.

“That man cannot betray you but he can betray Richard. I have his motive. The leader of the Yin Yang is said to be Lyrica Monte Vista, his previous fiancée.” Lucas accused.

“That is not true!” Gilbert said defensively.

The whole room became very loud and everyone was panicking. “Silence,” Nathan yelled and it did silence everyone.

“The accused are now two. Who will you bestow judgment upon your highness?” Richard asked his mother. “Choose wisely.”

“I sentence Gilbert to be arrested for the time being as well as Lord Anton Von Crest. Angelica shall be set free.” She looked like she had no choice on the matter and it took her five minutes to decide.

“You must be joking!” Gilbert hissed. “I stood by you all these years Cecile! You can’t do this to me!” He stood up and then threatened the Queen. Richard held out his hand and froze Gilbert’s body and shoved him away.

“This man is a danger to everyone. You are no longer the acting King of the Suit of Hearts. I received the full blessings of the other suits to remove you from this suit.” Lucas said as he walked towards him and reached out his hand. His whole arm started to glow and by the time he placed his palm on Gilbert’s forehead, his sleeve burned off and the four symbols of the suits appeared on his arm.

“The guardians shall now bestow judgment upon you.” As soon as Lucas said that, a light left Gilbert and it flew into Nathan. I’m sure it is the right to be the King of Hearts.

“The Olympian’s has decided and no royalty can break it.” I said in a fascinated tone. Lucas punched the ice surrounding Gilbert and it broke. He was that strong!

“I took a vow never to harm my fellow Olympian and right now, you still belong to us so I won’t kill you. But I can and if you make any more wrong move. Joan, assist the other men and take Anton and Gilbert away to the interrogation room. I think it would be fine with the new King of Diamonds if the Suit of Hearts take over this case for now.” Lucas looked at Nathaniel meaningfully.

“I don’t mind sir.” Nathan bowed. Joan came out from behind the curtains on the back of their seats.

“Good.” Lucas nodded.

“Joan!” I called out. I threw her the cuffs I had and she caught it. She placed it on Gilbert.

“No one must speak of what happened here to anyone besides the people present in this trial.” The queen spoke and I can see her shaking. She stood up and then left. The other council members followed her to protect her. Gilbert passed out and Joan dragged him out the room.

“Angel,” Richard ran to me and then hugged me tightly. “I‘m so glad Uncle Lucas came here for you.”

“Angelica,” Joshua ran towards me and then examined me if I was alright.

“I’m fine dude, stop being so dramatic.” I giggled and then rolled my eyes at him. Tyler went running in the room as Simon stood frozen by the door.

“Mommy,” Tyler was crying as I took him up my arms.

“I didn’t know I was a grandfather already.” Lucas commented and I’m glad he was back to normal. I was a bit scared of how he acted awhile ago.

“He can see the future and he kind of predicted he’d be my son.” I explained.

“I can see that.” Lucas held him by the forehead. “Whoa, this kid right here is very talented. Besides the fact that he can see the future, he can talk to the guardians and also use nullifying abilities.”

“How’d you know that?” I wondered.

“I’m a mage. I can do many things.” He said proudly.

“Mommy, are you alright? I’m sorry my dad put you to jail.” He cried.

“It’s alright. Dear, I don’t think I’ll be your mom anymore. It’s just not working out between me and your dad. But I’ll still watch over you.” I rubbed his back.

“Be not deceived by what you see, what you hear and what you think. Rely on your instincts because sometimes the only rational way of deciding is through your feelings.” I felt like I already heard that line before! It’s from my dream when I saw the guardians. “I never said that you and my father would end up together. I just said you were going to be my mom someday.”

“Does that mean she won’t be Simon’s wife?” Joshua wondered.

“Nope, not at all…” Tyler answered. Nathan was done speaking with the other council and almost all of them left the council room. “What you and dad had was a disaster.”

“Tell me about it.” I rolled my eyes. “If I won’t be his wife, how can I become your mom legally?”

“I don’t know.” The kid wrapped his arm around my neck and then sighed. “But it is still years ahead so don’t worry about it.”

“What are we going to do now?” Nathan interjected when he reached us.

“We’re going to interrogate Gilbert and get to the bottom of this.” Richard decided.

“You’re birthday is just is tomorrow.” Joshua looked very worried.

“We’ll postpone the celebration and tell them I got sick. Their safety is the priority now.” The prince said sternly.

“No, if we do that, the coronation will be postponed as well.” Lucas contradicted. We all gasped when a loud explosion rang everywhere. I handed Tyler to his father when we all ran out. We followed where it came from and when we did Joan was lying on the floor, unconscious but still alive. Richard tended to her. The rest of the guards were unconscious as well as Anton Von Crest.

Gilbert was nowhere of sight. Behind us, Simon was approaching. Before he reached us, his eyes widened and then fell down on the floor. A figure moved behind him. It was William! He took Tyler from him. It all happened so fast. I tried to run to him but I stopped when Will pointed a gun on Tyler’s head.

“No one move.” He threatened. Oliver walked towards him and a bird transformed into a Pegasus. They hopped on and Gilbert was with them. “No one try to come follow us or I’ll kill this kid.”

I ended up kneeling on the ground as tears wildly escaped my eyes. “No! This can’t be! My Tyler,”

“We’ll save him. We’ll definitely save him.” Joshua knelt beside me and then wrapped his arms around me. “It’s going to be alright.”

Nathan ran to Simon and then tended to his wounds. “Move aside Nathan!” I yelled at him. I raised my hands, “Frolic!” I healed Simon in the worst possible way and doubled the dosage on purpose. He ended up screaming for a long time.

When he finished, he was panting and was crying. “This is your fault!” I grabbed him by the collar and then punched him real hard. “Again I say; you are a sorry ass excuse for a father!”

“Angel, stop.” Joshua tried to stop my outburst.

“Those guys you helped took away Tyler. You should’ve secured him. I gave him to you so you’d take him away and protect him. You are so stupid!” I cried. “If anything happens to him, I swear I’m going to kill you.”

“You’re not his mother Angelica! Stop pretending like there is any legitimate claim that you have for him!” Simon yelled back. His words cut through to me like knives.

“I don’t.” I said through my teeth. “But I’m the closest thing he has to a real parent. I will risk my life trying to get him back and don’t you ever, ever question my right to him or you’ll regret it.”

I pushed him down on the ground and then left him. “Get this mess cleaned up.” I ordered.

“Who gave you the right to order me around?” Simon hissed as he tried to stand up.

“Weren’t you in the room just now? I am the princess of this country.” I said sternly. “Joshua, Nathan, Richard, dad, take Joan and let’s go to my room. I need to rescue my son.”

We reached my room and Nathan quickly healed Joan. I took a bath and when I finished getting dressed I saw a whole table of food prepared for me.

I sat down and started eating. “Did you cook these?” I asked Lucas.

“Nope, I did.”Joshua poured me a cup of coffee. “I know that the taste of food in the prison is worse than hospital food.”

“I’m sorry Lord Lucas. I failed you all.” Joan said in a low voice when she regained consciousness.

“It’s alright.” I sighed. “Don’t worry about it.”

“So what are we going to do now?’ Richard asked.

“I think we should continue on with the party for now. We attack after that. We need to keep our eyes closely for anyone who will try to attack the prince.” Joshua spoke as he assisted me with eating. “The only way we can do this right is if we continue with the procedures and do not let anyone suspect anything.”

“I’m with you.” I supported him. “Alright then, everyone find out as much as you can about this for now. After the party, we set out to find and rescue Tyler.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 139K 58
Book 2 of The Underworld Series
54 0 13
Just a small gay love story
468K 12.8K 39
60 1 26
...