Fixation

By Twiira

[Completed] "I thought I changed. Perhaps that was just an illusion I believed in." When Ace transfers to a n... More

Chapter 2: Tour
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Apologies
Chapter 5: Service
Chapter 6: The Park
Chapter 7: Sketchbook
Chapter 8: Model
Chapter 9: A Cherished Friend
Chapter 10: Bullies
Chapter 11: Secret Room
Chapter 12: Cupcakes
Chapter 13: A Note
Chapter 14: Assistance
Chapter 15: Counselor
Chapter 16: Moved
Chapter 17: Phone Numbers
Chapter 18: The Past
Chapter 19: Tutoring
Chapter 20: Fun & Games
Chapter 21: Cupcakes
Chapter 22: Frosting On Top
Chapter 23: Technology & Phones
Chapter 24: Haunted
Chapter 25: Trypanophobia
Chapter 26: Back To School
Chapter 27: Scattered Stars
Chapter 28: The Rehearsal
Chapter 29: Comforting Words
Chapter 30: Grim Atmosphere
Chapter 31: Positivity
Chapter 32: Group Chat
Chapter 33: Family Meeting
Chapter 34: Nightmares
Chapter 35: Snowfall Valley
Chapter 36: A Friendly Snowball Fight
Chapter 37: A Surprise
Chapter 38: Untold Truths
Chapter 39: Tipping Point
Chapter 40: First-Aid Kit
Chapter 41: Escape Plans
Chapter 42: Job
Chapter 43: Escapade
Chapter 44: Anger
Chapter 45: Pulling Strings
Chapter 46: Behind His Mask
Chapter 47: Appetite
Chapter 48: Conflicting Emotions
Chapter 49: Her Strength
Chapter 50: Illusion Of Protection
Chapter 51: Sympathy
Chapter 52: Regaining Sanity
Chapter 53: Collapse
Chapter 54: True Nature
Chapter 55: Recovery
Chapter 56: Burnt Out
Allian Ending
Evan Ending
Kai Ending
Raiden Ending
Ryoma Ending
True Ending
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 1: Late

7K 147 6
By Twiira

Slow Burner Story alert! If you're looking for a story that picks up action immediately, then this is not the story for you.

Dec 5th, Wednesday(Period 1-4)

"Darling, get up! You don't want to be late for school!"

Ace jolted awake as the loud banging against her door and her aunt's yelling disrupted her much-needed sleep. She immediately looked at the clock sitting on her desk (which was so far, a large cardboard box).

She panicked, noting that she only had thirty minutes to get to school. Damn it! I overslept.. Why did we have to move during the middle school year?!

Darting into the bathroom, she quickly went through her hygienic routine in the morning before grabbing her backpack and a muffin sitting on the dinner table.

"Bye Aunty! Bye Dad! See you later!" She yelled as she bolted through the open door, slamming it behind her. Sprinting as quickly as she could down the sidewalk, she cursed at herself for her irresponsibility. Checking her watch, she grimaced at the time.

7:50 am

Ten minutes before the bell rings.. And I don't even know where my classes are when I get there! Running along the sidewalks, she felt the cold winter breeze hit her face. Normally, she would enjoy the cold weather, but as of right now, she didn't have any time to appreciate it whatsoever.

After running a few blocks, she felt the burn in her legs beginning to kick in. I should really exercise more.. This is killing me..! She scolded herself. To her relief, the new high school she was transferring to was within a block. All that she needed to do was to.. Cross the street.. And..!

The street light turned red.

Damn it!!

Panting heavily, she glanced down at her watch.

7:59 am

The bell rings in one minute..

She suddenly stumbled to the side as she felt a rough shove to her shoulder.

Startled, she quickly turned her face to the side. Her eyes fell upon a rather gruff character with messy light purple hair. He wore the school uniform- a white button up shirt with the school's badge embroidered on the top right side, and black pants. She noticed his clothes looked roughed up- along with a keychain hanging from his pant's pocket.

Cold red eyes bore into hers.

"You're in my way." He simply stated.

"Are you serious?" Ace glared at him. When he didn't react to her, she tore her eyes off of him and crossed her arms.

A second later, she felt his hand roughly push her again to the side. "Are you blind? The light's green."

Stumbling aside, she glared daggers at him. He had already stepped off the sidewalk and was making his way into the school.

Then, the bell rung.

The anger she felt against the boy melted almost immediately when she realized she was late on her first day.

She leapt off of the sidewalk and ran as quickly as she could, passing the male quickly.

As she passed the school's gates, she took out a piece of folded paper neatly tucked away in her pocket. Unraveling it, her eyes scanned the schedule.

Advisory- Mr. Zeya- Room 222

Where's room 222? She panicked.

She stopped her running and looked from side to side, scanning the hallways, confused.

"Get to class."

Ace looked in back of her to where the voice had come from. That same rude student from one minute ago.

The girl sighed. "I could say the same to you too, you know?"

The male's red eyes met her eyes, then he shrugged. "Yes. But I don't care." He walked up to her- a bit too close to her.

She tried to not shrink backward and away from him. He was nearly a foot taller than her.

"You on the other hand-" He continued. "Looks like someone who cares." He rose an eyebrow in curiosity. "I've never seen you around here before and I know everybody at this school. Who are you?"

Ace frowned. Is he some kind of bully or something? She thought.

Crossing her arms, she responded. "I'm a transfer student."

He nodded. "That would make sense.. I would assume you're lost, then?"

She hesitated for a moment. Was she really going to ask a rude person who shoved her just earlier for help?

"Yes."

As much as she hated it, she needed to make a good impression on her teachers.

He snatched the paper from her hands, his eyes scanning over her schedule.

"It's 1st period right now. You have Mrs. Lam in Room 213." Handing her schedule back, he gestured down the hallway. "You're going to exit through the double doors and walk into the building right next to this one. Your class should be on the second floor."

Ace eyed the male suspiciously before warily taking her schedule back from him. "Thank.. You? Wait. I thought it was Advisory right now?"

He looked at her as if she was the most idiotic person he'd ever met. "Advisory is only on Mondays. Didn't you read the weekly schedules, dimwit?"

"Ah.. I see." She frowned. "Thank you."

He shrugged before walking away from her in the other direction.

The girl looked after him, still confused by his actions. "Hey!"

He paused and turned back to look at her, a bored look on his face.

"What's your name? I'm Ace." She asked.

He turned back, shrugging as he walked away.

Well then..

~

Is this it? She thought as she stared at the closed door.

Room 213

It must be.

Clutching the schedule in her hands, she opened the door to the classroom.

It was rather loud in the classroom- students were sitting on desks and chatting with their friends. Papers laid all over the desks in a messy fashion.

What is this class, anyway?

Ace looked down at her schedule, locating the class.

1st Period- Study Hall- Mrs. Lam- Room 213

Study Hall? Isn't this supposed to be a quiet class then? She glanced around. Well, I suppose it's because the teacher hasn't addressed the class yet.

The female stepped into the classroom, allowing the door to click shut. Searching for the teacher, she spotted the pretty young woman sitting by her desk, typing away on her laptop. Approaching the woman, Ace smiled as she looked up.

"Ah! You must be the new transfer student. Am I correct?" Mrs. Lam smiled brightly and stood up, walking over to her.

"Yeah."

"Alright, would you mind introducing yourself to the class?"

"Okay."

Mrs. Lam clapped her hands together loudly, enough for the class to hear. The students settled down and got back into their seats, awaiting their teacher's instructions.

"Good morning, class. Today we have a new transfer student joining us." She gestured towards the girl.

Ace looked towards the students as she realized it was her turn to speak. The eyes of all the students were on her. "Hello. I'm Ace Asai. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

The students murmured softly to each other.

Ace looked around, her eyes awkwardly making eye contact with a dirty blonde boy. She cringed slightly. To her relief, the boy gave her a bright smile and a small wave of his hand.

She forced a smile onto her face, feeling the embarrassment sink in.

"Where did you transfer from?" One of the students called out. "And why did you transfer so close to winter break?"

"Ahh.. three hours up north.. My father had gotten a new job and we needed to move closer to his workplace." She replied.

"When did you get here?"

"Yesterday night."

"Do you have any friends here?"

Mrs. Lam clapped her hands. "I think that's all the time we have for introductions. Students, please pull out something to work on or to study from. I'll have to explain a few things to our new student."

The students began taking out their homework and soon enough, focused on their work.

Mrs. Lam smiled kindly at the girl. "Ace, did you get your schedule explained to you?"

The girl nodded. "Somewhat."

"Somewhat? Okay, I'll go over the school's schedule with you. Every week- besides special weeks- have the same routine. You can look on the board. I have it all written down. Special weeks are for finals and such."

Ace glanced over to the board.

Monday

Advisory

1st

2nd

Nutrition

3rd

4th

5th

6th

Lunch

7th

8th

Tuesdays, Thursdays

1st

Nutrition

2nd

3rd

Lunch

4th

Wednesdays, Fridays

5th

Nutrition

6th

7th

Lunch

8th

"So for now, you have study hall with me. This class is for students to catch up on homework or study. I do not permit students to sit there with nothing to do. No phones and no messing around." Mrs. Lam continued. "But for now, because you don't have any homework, I'll assign a student to give you a tour around the school, okay?"

"Okay. I appreciate it." Ace smiled.

Mrs. Lam looked around the classroom. "Allian, what are you doing?" She asked, frowning.

It was the same dirty blonde kid. His dark blue eyes widened a bit. "Ah..!" He quickly pulled out a book. "Reading!"

The students around him laughed in amusement.

"Well, clearly because you don't have anything to do, I'm assigning you something." Mrs. Lam smiled.

Allian shrunk slightly. "O-okay." He stood up and approached her.

"I'm assigning you to give Ace a tour of the school. Lead her to all of her classes so she knows where to go."

Allian had a surprised look on his face before it turned into a large grin. "Alright!" He looked at Ace excitedly. "Hi! I'm Allian! Nice to meet you Ace!"

I apologize for grammar errors! If you see one, please tell me! Thank you so much ^~^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 57 3
"Oh y/n did you know I used to be god's favorite but now he won't listen to my prayers anymore.He let me fall, im no longer in heaven but it was wort...
39.7K 725 18
A new school year in high school awaits you! You're excited! New friend's! New classes! New Teachers and other stuff! But you think about the boy tha...
1.3M 56.4K 81
She was as cold as ice. She never showed a smile. Her eyes were a soulless black, just like her hair. She had one friend. He was the friendliest of t...
194K 7.8K 31
Obsession can drive a man mad, leading them to do obscene things for the person they love. When Y/N becomes best friends with the new guy at school...