Delinquent Daisy (Book 5)

By mylifemyoption

American sweetheart, Daisy Daniels. In front of the cameras she's sweet and polite and every thing a parent w... More

Delinquent Daisy (Book 5)
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Epilogue:
Author's Note:

Chapter 26:

962 64 6
By mylifemyoption

I ignored the writing and lit the cigarette. I had made my choice. With the burning cigarette in my hand I watched as the wind slowly distorted the writing until it was a jumble of unreadable fluff. Once I finished my cigarette I grabbed the towel and continued to finish my packing.

I finished packing two hours before my flight was about to take off but it was my private jet so technically it wouldn’t be going anywhere until I got there. I took one last look at the cabin before putting my black framed, Tiffany & Co sunglasses on and grabbing the handles of the two suitcases. I walked out of the cabin and locked up before heading down the pier where the suitcases made annoying noises and jumped because of the small gaps between the planks of wood.

I walked all the way down to the receptionist desk so I could check-out and once I had I continued walking to where I had a car waiting for me. The car drove me away from the resort where so much had happened. Where I had fallen in love with the most kindest and greatest man. Where I had laughed and swam with the fish. Where I became myself again. Where I learnt about sacrifice and loss. Where I learnt what heartache was.

            “Did you have a good holiday Miss Daniels?” the driver asked and I smiled and remembering Liam and the good times, I nodded.

            “I don’t think there will be another quite like it.”

            “Me and my wife, we try to go on a holiday every year and there’s nothing like going on a holiday with people you love. Last year we went to Italy for our twentieth anniversary.”

            “That’s lovely,” I said and then a sudden sadness over took me as quickly as it took to pop a bubble. Liam and I would never get a twentieth anniversary. We’d never get any kind of anniversary. I sighed and looked out the window. Once I arrived at the airport I went straight to the check in so my suitcases could be taken to the plane.

            “Passport and ticket please,” the lady asked. She had her blonde hair in a perfect low bun, no strand of hair was out of place and her black blazer and skirt were immaculate. There was not one speck of dust and her name badge had a certain gleam to it. I nodded and gave her the ready passport and ticket that was in my hand.

            “You’re Daisy Daniels?” the lady asked with her fair eyebrows raised.

            “Yep.”

The lady shuffled some things around her desk for a few moments muttering about trying to find something and I looked at her annoyed. I just wanted to move past check-in so I could go through customs and then onto my plane. I just wanted to get the hell away from this place. Away from the memories.

            “Ah, here,” the lady said holding what looked like an envelope. “A guy was here this morning and said you might come through and that if you did to give this to you. He looked as though he wished you wouldn’t be here though.”

I grabbed the envelope and turned it over. ‘Daisy Daniels’ was written on the front in neat writing that I didn’t recognise but I had a feeling who the envelope was from. The envelope was thin, probably only a page was in it but I worried about what was on that page. Would it break my already broken heart? Would it be filled with anger? Please let it be an angry letter. I didn’t think I could handle it if the letter was all sappy and romancy. Would the letter aim to hurt me? Would the letter be a goodbye?

            “You can go through now,” the lady said and I stuffed the envelope into the pocket of my jeans.

Once I was on the plane I took out the envelope and placed it onto the table in front of me. Just read it, I told myself. But I couldn’t bring myself to read it. I just couldn’t.

            “Miss, are you ready to take off?” a hostess asked.

            “Give me a few minutes,” I said waving her off. I grabbed the envelope and tore it open.

Dear Daisy,

            I love you. I don’t know how many more times or ways I can say it to you so that you can understand. I. Love. You. I love you so much that even the thought of living the rest of my life without you hurts. It just, my head hurts, my chest hurts and I feel like I want to throw up. Everything hurts. And I know we’ve only been together for two months but those two months have been the best of my life. And even if you don’t come back I will forever remember these two months because they were amazing and beautiful and because I fell in love with the most beautiful girl in the planet. Because I had the grand pleasure of getting to know you. So please don’t go. Don’t run. I don’t care that you can’t have kids. I just want you. We can babysit for Perrie and Zayn and Louis and Hope. I talked to Jade and Harry and we have dibs on godparents when they start having kids, we just need to organise an ‘accident’ – I’m thinking car crash – and then the kids are all ours. We don’t need kids to be happy, we just need each other. This is me begging you to come back so we can give this relationship a chance because when I’m with you I just know that it’s real and when it’s real you can’t walk away. So don’t walk away. Come back to me.

But if you do want to walk away from this – which I think is a terrible idea – I accept your choice because it was your choice to make. And if this letter is the last we ever get to speak, then I hope you find happiness in the future even if it’s not with me, I hope you’re happy. And if we ever meet again, I’ll probably sigh and think ‘I can’t believe I let her go’ because even if you’re wearing sweats and a hoodie you’ll still be the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen but I’ll just smile at you and wave and then we’ll probably never see each other again.

But I hope that’s not the case and that my theory is true. You see, I have this theory that you just need me to fight for you. I don’t think anyone’s fought for you your entire life. I think it’s always been you against the world. You against your parents. You had Jane and Peter but they never fought for you. They just cleaned up your battle scars and gave you the strength you needed to soldier on. It was you against your manager and record label. You fight for yourself. My theory is that all your fight is gone, so I’m putting all of mine in this because I believe that we were meant to be.

I love you.

-Liam

P.S. the plane has an explosive on it so you might not want to catch it.

P.S.S. I lied the plane is fine. I just need you to come back.

I sighed and fiddled with the letter. Somewhere along the way tears started to fall and I smiled. I looked out the window and the plane was moving.

            “I thought I said to give me a couple of minutes! Why is this damn plane moving?” I snapped getting out of my seat.

            “Miss, we’re getting ready for take off. You need to sit back down.”

            “I’m not going anywhere. Now let me off the plane before I get all your arses fired!”

I took a taxi back to the resort and left my bags and suitcases at the reception desk. The lady behind it tried to protest but I shut her up with a one hundred dollar bill. Then I started roaming the resort looking for Liam.

It was midday so he could’ve been anywhere. I checked the dining hall, the restaurants, the pub and then finally the beach. The beach was the same as usual. Families, couples or groups of friends littered the beach with towels and pieces of clothing and sun umbrellas. People dug holes or built sandcastles, some were lying on colourful towels with their eyes closed, tanning in the bright sun. Some families were eating fresh fruit out of an iced esky and some young group of friends were drinking chilled beers whilst they watched a friendly match of volleyball they had set up.

It was a typical day at the beach for them but for me this day was going to be extraordinary. My eyes scanned passed all these different groups of people until I found the person I yearned for.

Liam was standing by the pier just watching the water. His hair was dishevelled and he was wearing a white shirt and his hands were in the pockets of the three-quarter jeans he was wearing. His feet were half buried in the drying sand. He must’ve been standing in that spot for a while because the waves were now washing up a good meter and a half in front of him now.

I stopped for a moment just to watch him for a minute and then I smiled. Why admire something from a distance when you could admire something up close?

My feet made squelching noises in the sand as I walked over to him. I still had the letter clutched in my hand though it was a bit crumpled up now. A certain nervousness had settled in my stomach and for some reason my palms started to feel sweaty. As I approached closer to him he must have heard me coming because he turned around.

A huge smile spread across his face, and even though I knew it would be the most movie, cliché move out, I ran into his outstretched arms and he lifted me off the ground and spun me around before setting me back on the sand. I leaned back a little so I could see him properly.

            “You are such a hopeless romantic,” I muttered with a laugh and Liam did too. His eyes crinkled and I knew everything was going to be okay.

            “It got me you, didn’t it?” Liam asked and I laughed.

            “I love you.”

            “I love you too, even though you can be too stubborn for your own good sometimes.”

            “You couldn’t just leave it at ‘I love you’ could you?”

            “Nope.”

            “I love you,” I said again and before he could say anything, I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. My arms wrapped around his neck and his wrapped around my waist so tightly that I lifted off the ground slightly and everything felt right in the world again. It didn’t feel like the universe was trying to play some big joke on me. It didn’t feel as though I was being crushed under a weight of shattered hope. It didn’t feel like my life completely sucked. For once in my life I knew everything would be okay and maybe that’s all I really needed in the first place.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Hi Everyone!!! So this is the last chapter but there will be an epilogue posted soon, like really soon!!!

So PLEASE VOTE or COMMENT if you like this chapter!!! P.S. the more votes the quicker I post the epilogue :)

I just want to say thank you for reading, voting and commenting! I know I don't comment on comments you guys post often but I do read every single one of them and they never fail to make my day! So thank you so much for sticking with me on this, to be cliché, journey!!

THANKS FOR READING!!!

-Natalie xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 278 30
Cheyenne Price was living her normal teenage girl life. That is until she goes to a One Direction concert and has an encounter with A modeling compan...
Curly Cats By Tev

Fanfiction

16.1K 231 31
Charlotte Watson always thought her life was ordinary. Updating her fashion blog everyday, fan-girling over One Direction, having fun with her friend...
10.1K 115 85
Christina was an ordinary girl living in Connecticut with her best friend Emma. They are both 18 and currently seniors in high school. You could say...