Too Late ➳ Bughead

By 666sxphie

Jughead and Betty have always hated each other. It was a well known fact, just like the fact that Betty is ho... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
a/n
chapter nine
another a/n
chapter ten
a/n
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
another authors note sorry you all prob hate me 😘😘
chapter 13

chapter four

3.2K 99 49
By 666sxphie

betty

Jughead and I hugged for what seemed like forever, but in reality it was only about a minute. Tears were steaming down my face again. I sat down on my bed and he sat in my vanity chair.

"Jug, thank you." I said

"You don't have to thank me, Betty." He replied.

"Yes I do. I was so wrong to you and never apologized then after 4 years you forgave me. You didn't have to do that. Now, you're here in my room checking on me and you don't have to do that either." I tell him.

"Betty, this is what best friends do," he said, "and you don't need to feel bad about me forgiving you, you never knew you did anything wrong."

"I should've asked you why you were mad at me. I should have apologized." I say, looking down.

"Betty," he whispers, moving to sit on my bed, "don't feel bad about what's in the past." He pulls me into a hug.

I sit there, letting him hold me, crying into his shoulder. He was such a good person. We talked for hours after that. He's the only person who could cheer me up tonight.

...

I walk into school, afraid. I didn't want to see Archie, not now. I rush to my locker, keeping my head down. I heard footsteps behind me and quickly turned around, relieved to see Veronica.

"Hey, B! I'm having a party at the Pembrook tonight since my parents are out of town for business all weekend. You have to come." She tells me, excitedly.

"Is Archie going to be there?" I ask.

"Of course, B." She says, confused.

"Then I can't come." I reply, starting to walk away.

"What happened?." She asks me, pulling me back.

"We broke up because I wouldn't have sex with him." I state.

"Oh I'm so sorry," she says, "but you could use a party to keep your mind off of it."

"I'll think about it, V." I tell her, sighing.

"I will not take anything but yes for an answer."

"Fine," I reply, rolling my eyes and chuckling, "but one condition."

"That is..?" She asks.

"Jughead's invited, and Archie won't be there." I explain.

"Good news and bad news. Everyone's invited so Jughead can come, but Archie will probably be there." She responds.

"As long as Jughead is there I guess I'll be okay."

...

betty <3 : Hey Jug, be my plus one to V's party?

jug :) : idk Betty, Veronica's house...

betty <3 : pretty please :((( Archie will be there and I need you by my side

jug :) : fine

jug :) : you owe me

betty <3 : yay! be at my house at 8 and we'll walk there

jug :) : will do, cooper

I smile. He hasn't called me Cooper since we were 12. I miss those days. Everything was so much less complicated. I struggle finding something to wear. I don't want to dress like a slut, but at the same time, I want to show Archie what he's missing.

I decide on a nude bodycon strapless dress. I curl my hair and put on lipgloss, finishing my look by curling my lashes and putting on mascara. I don't have the energy to do a full face of makeup, besides it's already 7:56. Jughead should be here any minute.

I hear a knock on my door, and grab my handbag, then slowly walk down the stairs. I don't want to trip, I rarely wear heels. I open the door and Jughead is standing there smiling. I can tell he's checking me out, but the thought doesn't repulse me.

We walk to the Pembrook and arrive by 8:30. It's already pretty crowded. I try and find Veronica, but I have no luck, so I sit down next to Jughead on the couch. We talk for a while, until Archie shows up. Jughead puts his arm around my shoulder and looks me in the eye.

"I won't let him get near you, okay?"
He says.

"Thanks, Jug." I reply

Veronica walks up to us and I can tell Jughead becomes a little uncomfortable.

"Hey, Jughead," She says, "I know this is long over do, and I really don't know how to say it, but I'm really sorry for everything that went down between us."

"Forgive and forget, right?" Jughead says, calmly. I'm surprised he's letting her off so easy, but I'm not complaining. We were all friends again. The night was going good. Or so I thought.

At about 9:30 most of the grade is here, even some Juniors and Seniors. It was getting pretty wild, so to calm everyone down, Cheryl proposed a game. Secrets and sins. It's a game where you can expose someone's darkest secrets. If you know them of course.

It's Cheryl's turn to start, so she can show newcomers how the game works. She tells about how Kevin and Moose discovered Jason, her dead twins, body, and asks what they were even doing that night down by Sweetwater River. They both make up a lame excuse, and it's now Moose's turn.

"Chuck Clayton," Moose says, "we all know how charming he is, right. Well, what if I told you, he keeps a 'playbook', of all the girls he's 'been with.'" Moose puts air quotes around "been with."

Chuck is obviously angry, and this isn't good. Who will be the one he takes his anger out on?

"Betty Cooper," I hear him say, "how's your sister? Still locked up in that looney bin? I heard her and Jason were pretty freaky, especially in bed, and she may have gotten knocked up. What a whore."

The whole room gasps. I ball my hands into a fist, tears brimming on my eyes. Jughead is mad, I can tell.

"Lay off her, Chuck." He spits.

"Or what, Jones," he laughs, "are you going to write a short story about murdering me like the freak you are?"

"Yeah what are you gonna do, Jughead?" Archie asks. "Sneak into Betty's room, right after we broke up."

"Says the one who broke up with her because she wouldn't fuck you." Jughead snaps back.

The entire room is in a state of shock. I stand up and leave as fast as possible, my fists still in balls. I can hear everyone start to yell and fight. I have to get out of here. Now. Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Jughead

"Betty, I- I'm so sorry. I was just so angry at Chuck and Archie and it just slipped out." He states, choking on his words.

"Jughead, you had no right," I yell, "that was me and Archie's business, and I told you because I trusted you. You weren't supposed for share it to the entire grade." I begin to cry.

"I know, Betty, I'm so so sorry. There really is no excuse, it wasn't my place."

"No, it wasn't."

"Can you ever forgive me?" He pleads.

"Just give me time, Jug." I can't talk about this anymore, everything is becoming too much.

I take off my heels and begin to run home. When I get there, I take a shower and flop down on my bed and cry. I feel my phone buzz, a text from Veronica lights up on the screen:

v <333 : im coming over with icecream, I kicked everyone out

b <333 : you don't have to do that, v

v <333 : nonsense I'm already on my way

v <333 : I'll see you in 10

I continue to cry into my pillow until I hear a knock on my door. I open it and there Veronica is with chocolate and sherbert ice cream, my two favorites. I bring her into a hug. We stay up all night watching movies and eating icecream until we both pass out in my basement. She's the best friend anyone could ever have.

WoAh this was a drama filled chapter. Will Betty forgive Jughead and will Archie ever stop being a dick wad? Find out in the next chapter of too late!!!!1!!!1!! Lmao I hate myself anyways make sure to vote and comment xx
-soph

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 22 8
In a taunting voice, Reggie added, "Gee, Betty, it must be hard having a crush on some loner who doesn't even like girls." Betty raised her eyebrow...
20.3K 436 44
Betty and Jughead are both 21 years old, they got engaged almost 2 years ago and have a 3 year old boy, Jayden. Jughead is a writer and also works at...
58K 1K 35
-Veronica Lodge ran away from her perfect New York life. But perfect was completely the wrong definition of her life. She finds a town with a family...
4.7K 119 30
[COMPLETED] The iconic story of my best friends brother but with a dark evil twist on the brothers side. What will happen when Betty Cooper finds com...