What Happened?

By Cleria2000

What happened during the 5-year gap of Young Justice? Where do the Teen Titans fit in? You're gonna get some... More

Doubts
Peace?
I'm Done
Moving On
Regret
A/N
Heartbreak
Help...
A/N Hospital
Diagnosis
I Don't Care
His Suffering...
A/N
Trauma
A/N Pics
A/N Pics 2
Unique Chapter :)
A/N
A Friend's Care
Broken Mind
Quick Question
A/N
Tick Tick Tock
Short A/N
A/N Question
A/N part 2
Meanwhile...
Enough is Enough
Unexpected Guests
No Time!
Let Me Heal You
We're Okay
I'm Sorry
Tagged!!
Cupcakes!!!

Surprise!

4K 143 132
By Cleria2000

It's been a year and the Teen Titans have really made a name for themselves!

Robin has actually been... relatively happy.

Though he usually doesn't show it. He didn't just change his look and weapon choice.

He completely changed his personality.

He figured his enthusiasm and him just being... himself... was what irritated his former 'colleagues'.

So only small smiles. No big laughs...

Be the opposite of who you really are Dick...

He knew he would feel pain doing this but... this way he wouldn't feel the pain of being weak or... useless anymore.

It was stupid he knew that but... he couldn't risk losing his new family...

Just like he lost the others.

Robin slapped his forehead and shook his head.

Idiot! Don't think about this now!

"Yo Raven! Wanna try a tofu dog?"

Robin looked up from the tree he was leaning against.

Raven was reading under another tree. Beast Boy was trying to shove a tofu dog in her face.

"Beast Boy... I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat."

Gar tried once again and... well she sent him a cold look that would make even Trigon tremble.

I... never want to see them go through something like that again. Especially Rae...

Robin shivered a little at the thought.

A mistake.

"Friend Robin are you okay? Are you catching... the cold?"

Good going Rob. Don't screw up again!

"I'm good Star. Let's go eat."

Robin stood back and watched his team grab a plate first.

It's... rather peculiar.

Robin did notice that Kaldur always let the rest of them grab some something to eat first.

He thought that was just silly. It's just food.

But after being a leader for a year now he understood Kaldur's reasoning.

Instinct.

Good leaders instinctually put their followers first. Even for something so trivial.

Robin looked up at the sky and enjoyed the slight spring breeze.

Jump City's Central Park was a great place.

Gotham had it's pros but Jump City... always seemed so peaceful.

They came to the park whenever they could, just to relax.

When Robin was with Young Justice, their existence was always kept on the back burner when it came to the public eye.

But here... things were different.

They were widely know and accepted to Jump City's citizens. They could go out like this all the time, no secret identities, and everything would be perfectly cool.

And bonus! They were always prepared.

Then again... the reason YJ has secret identities was because they had their familes to protect.

You know something that every member of the Titans has in common?

They don't have families, not anymore.

The closest they have is each other.

It's cruel to say... but everyone knows it's true.

Still... the Titans have a nice existence. Despite all that has happened in the past year. Trigon... Slade...

They stayed together.

And you know what else?

When Robin 'betrayed' his team to protect them against Slade, they weren't mad.

They understood.

And not one of them knew Robin's real identity or past. Besides the obvious 'Batman' part.

And yet they trusted and believed in Robin with their lives.

That's more than what can be said for the YJ.

"Uh Star? Isn't that a little... much?"

Robin looks over and sees what Gar is talking about.

Starfire's hotdog... has become a mustard dog.

"Dang girl, save some for us!"

Cyborg quickly grabbed the mustard from Star's hands before she completely drained the whole bottle.

A giggle slipped past Starfire's lips and then her face twisted into an award-winning smile.

It caused Robin to smile a little too.

I swear that smile... can light up any darkness...

When they were done eating, they realized they still had a good hour left before training.

And Cyborg... just pulled out a frisbee out of literally no where.

Great, Robin could use a good game for an emotional distraction.

If only he was that lucky.

As soon as Robin was a few feet away from the picnic table he felt a... horribly familiar gust of wind.

Robin tensed and stopped moving, standing deathly still.

It was childish but he was internally wishing it was just a really random breeze.

Until someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Out of instinct, Robin grabbed the assailant's arm and flipped him over.

Flesh smacked the ground in a rather... disturbing sound.

If it wasn't for his speedy healing, Robin would have felt a little guilty.

Robin let go of the person's hand like it was the world's deadliest virus.

Grinning up at him from the ground, was none other than Kid Flash.

Wally West.

I am aware... this chapter is much shorter than usual. Trying to stay out of ER. Again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 307 11
Born with the powers of a Spider, trained by Batman and raised by Alfred Pennyworth, Y/n Wayne is sent with his Brother and ally Robin to Jump City i...
25.8K 826 26
What happens when the titans meet young justice, but then their leader/ old teammate goes missing and is getting beaten.Will they be able to work tog...
51.6K 1.1K 33
5 years after the titans disband, they come together to fight a new villain, who threatens the lives of millions. What will happen when new love int...
140K 4.6K 28
Set two years into the five year gap, Robin had become team leader. After threats from Slade and the Court of Owls wanting Robin to join them the tea...