The Curvy Curse

By KierraDawnn

Ari Alexander is 18 and has just graduated. She's always felt... less. And by less, she is MORE. She's always... More

Chapter 2: Maybe I Should Move To Brazil
Chapter 3: Brazilian Boy, You're Quite The Charmer
Chapter 4: Instantly Out
Chapter 5: Staying
Chapter 6: I Will Tell Your... Mom?
Chapter 7: Will We Ever Read Vogue?
Chapter 8: Were You Always Around?
Chapter 9: Unsolveable Yet Pitied
Chapter 10: But Where to GO?
Chapter 11: Photoshoots and Ladders
Chapter 12: Jealous Boy Is Jealous, Scared Girl Is Scared
Chapter 13: Disney Boys
Chapter 14: Static
Hello from your author
Chapter 15: And We Changed
Chapter 16: Lights
Author's Note
Chapter 17: O Meu Coração~
Chapter 18: An Unwanted Guest
Chapter 19: Seven Deadly Sins
Chapter 20: Orphans and Subway
Author's Note: Cover Contest!
Chapter 21: Under the Sea
Chapter 22: How I've Missed You, Darling
Chapter 23: Introducing Our Tiny Jungle Queen
Contest Winner
Chapter 24: On My Way To Borrow Your Girl Bc Stealing Is Wrong
Chapter 25: Leaping
Author's Note
Chapter 26: Breakfast
Authors Note (Yes, Again): This is the end, my Curvies
Chapter 27: Dessert
Chapter 28: Greetings
Book 2
Update
AUTHOR'S MESSAGE
TCC 2
Hiatus Over

Chapter 1: Just Me and My Unlovable Curves...

44.1K 555 49
By KierraDawnn

Curvy, beautiful rounded, voluptuous. I've heard it all.

That doesn't stop me from feeling.... Big.

Maybe I wasn't like that. Not to say I was morbidly obese, but I was on the fluffy side. And having all of my itty bitty California friends didn't help. Don't get me wrong, I love them! But next to them I felt... Hulking. Fat. Mannish. And I wasn't digging it. Not at all.

Biting my lip, I pulled on sweat pants and a hoody, then changed my mind. I was looking to impress a guy today, and I couldn't do that looking even frumpier than usual. I pulled on skinny jeans and a loose top with flowing sleeves to hide the tops of my arms, then pulled my hair into a ponytail and curled the ends slightly. A swipe of mascara, eyeliner, and lipgloss, and I was ready to go. I looked pretty decent, and smiled. I ran out the door just as Lily pulled up, an I eyed her sleek yellow mustang enviously. I was 18, had just graduated, and had yet to get a car. The bus was how I got everywhere. Pursing my lips in annoyance, I got in.

"Hello, darling," Lily said airily with a wink.

"Hello, dear," I said with a nonchalant flourish of my hand. Chuckling, she reached over and tossed me a bag as she drove off. I clutched it impatiently. She drove like an old woman.

"Remember that bikini you refused to buy?" she said calmly.

"Yeeeees?" I leaned over the door, letting out a groan as we crawled along the road to show my impatience.

She slapped me, and I laughed, sitting up. "You're wearing it," she said with a grin. "Change of plans. Instead of going out to eat, Jack's having a pool party tonight, and we're all invited!" My mouth went dry. Jack was Lily's brother, the guy I was trying to impress, and I didn't think I could do it in a bikini. He was one two gorgeous brothers, the other being Chris, and I'd had a crush on him since I was 12. He and Chris were both 21. Fraternal twins.

"But... My makeup isn't even waterproof," I said weakly.

"Brought some," she said dismissively. Sighing, I peeked in the bag. Bless the girl, she'd brought a huge t shirt to go over it. Soon enough we pulled up to Jack's place, and the party was already going strong. Girls were running in, giggling as guys watched them, and the guys walked up slowly to the door trying to look cool. Lily waited outside the car while I changed into the light blue bikini. I pulled the t shirt down firmly over it, then stepped out. Lily immediately attacked, tugging my hair out of the ponytail and applying all waterproof makeup. I rolled my eyes, but dealt with her theatrics; it's not like I knew what to do with makeup myself.

"Ready??" she said excitedly, pulling my hands. Her blonde hair was visible even in the dark, and her blue eyes sparkled. She was in a Hawaiian patterned bikini that fit perfectly over her slim figure. There goes that mannish feeling again. Sighing, I nodded, and we were off. I blinked as we walked in, instantly hit by a wall of noise. People my age were walking all over the place, cups in hand and laughing loudly. My parents would never let me have this kind of party at our house! Jack was home for summer vacation, so between that and Lily and I graduating yesterday, they seemed cool with this. I could see his mom over in the private kitchen, the only place where the rowdy guests weren't allowed. She was talking to a beautiful, curvy woman, who's red hair was twisted elegantly at her neck. My vision is suddenly blocked by Jack's appearance in front of me; my stomach dips with nervous surprise.

"Hey, Ari! Glad you could make it," he said with a smile. I grin back; I don't know many people as attractive as him who've maintained a good personality.

"Yeah. At first I was so busy I thought I wouldn't be able to make it, but you know..." I trailed off, hoping the lie wasn't that obvious.

"That's cool." He smiled at me, and I nearly felt myself get lost. You'd think that after 6 years I'd fall out of love. If anything, it only got worse. Just as I was about to ask how college was, a blonde girl with green eyes slinked up, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. She was obviously wasted. I instantly felt 10 times bigger and wrapped an arm around myself, selfconscious.

"Hey, babe," she greeted in a husky voice, planting a kiss at the corner of his mouth. I felt a lump begin in my throat.

"Hey, Cam,'' he greeted, kissing her lovingly. He looked over, as if he'd forgotten I was there, and I offered up a wobbly smile. "Oh. Sorry, Ari. This is my girlfriend, Cam.'' She smiled at me and kissed both of my cheeks as I stood there frozen, thinking of how those lip just kissed the guy I'd pined over for years.

"I'm so glad to meet my baby's friends," she said cheerfully, wiggling her fingers as she pressed to Jack's side. I take a step backwards, completely at a loss for words, and feel my stomach dip. It's far too late to correct myself as my foot slips off the edge of the pool, and I barely have time to register Cam's pretty, shocked face before my vision is gone. I pop back up, gasping for air, and Lily is in front  of me.

I was glad I'd fallen in the pool right when I started crying, because she couldn't see as even more tears leaked out as I subtly looked towards Jack and his new girlfriend. He was looking at me in confusion, then Cam distracted him with an affectionate kiss, her icy blue eyes sliding towards me. Lily looked, and her eyes grew to the size of basketballs.

"Oh... Shit, Ari." She looked at me with wide, sympathetic eyes. "I don't know why I didn't see this coning. Jack can never keep it in his pants," she scoffed. I could tell she was just trying to make me feel better. I shake my head bitterly, climbing from the pool. She came out after me, swaying drunkenly before she suddenly turned green.

"Dammit!" I cursed. She'd be mortified if she knew she puked all over herself in front of college guys. I quickly drag her to the bathroom, rolling my eyes; girl never could hold her liquor. I sagged the second I closed the bathroom door behind her, and walked away, biting my lip. I really shouldn't have assumed that he'd stay single long in college.

I walked down the hall, nearly
not hearing Jack's mom.

"Ari! Ari, come here! I'd like for you to meet my friend, Ms. Avery."

"Hey, Mrs. Clayton,'' I greeted her weakly. Sighing, I walked over, trying my hardest to smile. She instantly noticed, and her brow furrows in concern. She's a beautiful woman, with long, blonde hair and the most contagious smile.

"I guess you've seen Jack's girlfriend?" she asked sadly. I sighed, not even feeling embarassed. She'd noticed my crush on him since the moment it started and had been cheering me on for years. "Personally, I don't like her,'' she said, hugging me tightly. She pulled back, and I sniffled bravely as she gestured towards her friend.

"Hi, Ms. Avery,'' I said, grinning.

"Hello, Ari,'' she said quickly, and I blinked. Wow. She sounded like she meant business. I instantly felt the need to look more mature. She was looking me over without a smile, only a look of calculation. "I'm going to get straight to the point, because I had the idea the second I saw you. I run a modeling agency, and I'd like to work with you." I stared at her, mouth gaping, then laughed harshly.

"Okay, okay. I get it. That was funny,'' I said, taking a step backwards. "But I think I should be going no-.'' She grabbed my hand, looking at me sternly.

"Ari, this is no joke,'' she said firmly, and swiftly handed me a business card. She was indeed a president of a modeling company. A plus-sized modeling company. I looked at her, eyes wide.

"I... I'd love to, but are you-?"

"I am one hundred percent sure on this!" she said with a sniff. I stiffened, unsure of what to do. "And I'm already extremely sure of what your first shoot should be.'' She suddenly paused, looking at me, then dragged Mrs. Clayton and I outside. We looked at each other nervously. We got to the empty front yard, and she pointed me to the pavement.

"Walk,'' she instructed.

"Pardon?"

"Walk. I would love for you to do runway work and not just photoshoots, so I need to see how you can catwalk! The only models that make it big can do runway shows, too," she explained. I looked at her, then walked slowly up and down the sidewalk, slouching over as they both studied me. "No. No, no, no. Chin up, shoulders back, back straight, chest out, and take looooong strides. Don't walk like a little mouse! Don't act terrified. Hm, I may have to hire a coach for you yet.''

Taking a deep breath, I did as instructed, even letting my arms sway slightly. I swished my hips and took long, confident, slightly stomping strides, as if the sidewalk was the world and I owned every inch of it. Completely false, but let me dream here. When I stopped, I looked at her. The little smile on her face made my heart soar.

''Was I okay?" I asked, a bit breathlessly.

''Perfect!" she exclaimed, already texting away. I looked on nervously, only looking away once I saw Lily enter.

"What I miss, Miss Alexander?" she questioned tiredly, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I snorted as she used my last name. "You just looked sad as hell, and now you look like you found Candy Mountain and escaped with your kidney,'' she said with a yawn, grinning.

"What you've missed is your friend Ari Alexander here booking her first modeling job,'' Ms. Avery said absently. "You'll be doing an average little photoshoot for Charlotte Russe's plus sized swimline. Nothing huge. Unless you're gonna get all bent out of shape about a Brazilian model or two and some Australian kid," she snorted. Lily's jaw dropped, but i interrupted.

I gaped, mouth going dry. "That's-.'' I coughed and tried again. "That's not a big deal in your world?? When they haven't even seen me?"

"They trust my judgement,'' she said dismissively. "Until then, you're meeting with your new trainer first thing tomorrow morning. Eight A.M. sharp. Don't be late, I don't waste my time on slackers. You have two weeks to tone up, but the way Julio will work you, you'll be done in 4 days,'' she snorted. I swayed a little.

"Julio?" I squeaked. I'd went from nothing to a chick with a photoshoot and personal trainer later. This morning I was only concerned with budgeting well enough to not have to give up my expensive fruit juice. Lily suddenly gripped my arm, and I looked at her, dazed.

"She'll be there,'' she said firmly, and dragged me to the car. I garbled something unintelligable.

What had just happened...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment, fan! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.2K 23
One of the main characters of this story isn't your average pretty, size zero, micro mini type of girls. Let me introduce Ava Jacobson. Now don't get...
14.8K 632 37
This is a story about a plus sized senior in high school who falls for a guy she never thought would even give her the time of day. Misha never had...
629K 22.7K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...
CHUBBY By 😌😏

Teen Fiction

114K 3.5K 30
{COMPLETED}{Caution- First book;Old} {#9 in curvy and curves -9/28/19} {#1 in beginner -9/28/19//10/19/19} {#3 in beginner -8/26/19} {#17 in Relatabl...