Sugar Rush

Od erasingpencil

Bethany Hamilton's universe revolves around sugar, dogs, and her nephew Liam. But when she plays babysitter... Více

Sugar Rush
01- Pillsbury Dough Boy Farts In The Baking Room
02- They Are Overusing My Precious Name
03- I Like The Sound Of Bethany Better
04- It Looks Like An Albino Chocolate
05- My Boxers Are Dry So Don't Worry About That
06- When I Was Nine I Thought I Ruled The World
07- Can You Two Just Kiss Already?
08- Liam You Suck At Keeping Secrets
09- Them Kids, Not Kids Kids
10- Playing This Game Will End Up in Inappropriate Positions
11- Are You Asking Me On A Date Bethany?
12- He Will Know When He Pushes It In
13- Was It Worth It?
15- What Was That All About?
16- Shark Week Is Coming
17- I'll Take Up On That Offer
18- Stop Poking Me
19- Are You Trying To Get Me Drunk?
20- I'm Responsible For You
21- The Great Twenty Four Year Old Virgin Bethany Hamilton, Who's Into Celibacy
22- Whatever You Want Us To Be
23- It's Like High School in One House
24- Whatever Titles Those Fakers Want To Be Called
25- I'm Not Scared. I'm Terrified
26- Watching Horror Movies With Bruce And Skittles
27- Father Fetish
28- Fancy Feeling Like A Rapist
29- Heaven's In My Mouth Right Now
30- Wait For It
31- Getting Naked In Public Parking Lot
32- And We Can Soap Each Other Up
33- Every Time I'm Near You I Get Wet
34- Can't I Just Take It Off?
35- Going On A Suicide Mission
Yes, I Did.
Valentine's Day Special

14- I Like You And All That

91.9K 2K 224
Od erasingpencil

14

With the bright green bracelets secured on our wrists, we made our way to the fair grounds. Liam was beside me, a huge grin was on his face as looked around. There were different rides around us, colorful lights flashed like a disco ball.

I held him tightly with my hand when I felt my other hand being intertwined with someone else’s.
“Daddy doesn’t want you to get lost Beth.” Allie said as she looked up at me, her tiny hand enclosed in mine. “I don’t want to lose you.”

I smiled at her, grasping her hand in mine securely. “I don’t want to lose you too baby girl.”

“I like pwincess better.” She gave me a toothy grin which caused me to chuckle at her cuteness.

“Alright.” I agreed. “I don’t want to lose you too princess.”

“I thought I was the only one special enough to call her that.” Blake grimaced. “Guess I was wrong.”

“Daddy I only let you and mommy call me that.” Allie pursed her lips at her father.

“But princess, I’m not your mommy.” I said the words softly.

Was she thinking that I was her mother? That I was her mother who returned after a four years? My heart sank at the thought. It must be pretty hard growing up with only one parent. But at least unlike others, Blake didn’t blame Allie for Stephanie’s death.

Allie nodded at me. “I know, but I also know you’re going to be my new one soon.”

I stared at her with my jaw dropped. I reverted my eyes from the little girl to her father. Likewise, Blake seemed surprised at the words that came out of her daughter’s mouth.

“Popcorn!” Allie jumped as she dragged all of us to the stall. “Daddy can I have some?”

“What? Uh, yeah.” Blake took out some change from the pocket of his pants and handed them to the man selling.

After also buying one for Liam, we head off to the first ride they wanted: the ever so famous Ferris wheel.

“I want to ride now!” Allie hopped on her tiny feet as she clutched the bag of popcorn in her hands.

Liam raised his right hand up in the air. “Me too.”

“We’ll have our turn.” I told them.

“But I want to go in now.” Liam pouted, crossing his arms over his chest, the bag of popcorn slightly tipping to one side.

Blake bent his knees to meet their level. “Other people lined up before us and it wouldn’t be fair if we just cut in, right?”

Both the kids sighed and nodded.

“How…?” I gaped at him. “You’re so good at handling them! I would've makde things worse if I started talking.”

“Well, I have been doing this for years.” He answered smugly, his head held high.

“And when did it get easier?” I arched my brow.

Blake gave me a sheepish smile. “Who said it got easier?”

The line was quite long but it moved in a quick steady pace. Before we knew it, it was our turn to get inside the car. It was quite small.

Blake sat in front of me, his knees against mine it was because either the cabin was too small and narrow for enough leg room or I was too tall, or Blake was but I believe it was the latter seeing I am only 5’4. Allie was beside him. Liam was beside me, much to his dismay as he wanted to sit beside Allie but both Blake and I decided against it since the weight distribution wouldn’t be equal and will result to the car tilting.

When we were about a good ten to fifteen feet off the ground, Allie held on to his father, her head buried in his chest.

“I don’t want to ride anymore.” I could hear her muffled voice.

Liam puffed out his chest like a man and held her hand without moving the car so much.

“Don’t be scared Al-ee.” He said as she slowly lifted her face up. “I’m here, and I not scared.”

I smirked as I looked at Liam. At such a young age, he was obviously in love with the girl.

I heard Blake sigh in front of me, shaking his head at Liam. He then proceeded to cover his eyes with his forearm.

“That kid better watch out.”

I chuckled at his statement. “More like you need to watch her out.” I gestured my head to Allie who held Liam’s hand tightly.

“I’m not sure about this.”

I frowned at him. “Why not? Liam’s a good kid.”

“For now.” He deadpanned. “We don’t know if he still is when he grows up.”

I nodded silently, taking in what he just said. He was right. There was no guarantee that he’ll always be like this, that he’ll hold her hand when she’s scared, that he’ll get excited when they see each other. I’ve had my fair share of experiences to know these words were true.

“Hey Bethany?” Blake called, cutting my train of thoughts short. I looked up at him, a sign to continue speaking. “I was wondering…”

“Of what?” I asked when he started trailing off his words. I traced random lines on the metal seat with my orange colored manicured fingers that were starting to chip off. I need to remove these.

He smiled at me sheepishly, the shade of light pink slowly started to tint his cheeks and ears. Blake looked so cute and I like the fact that even a twenty seven year old man slash father would still blush like a schoolboy.

“Well, Allie has been begging me to go to the beach for days before she stays with Stephanie’s parents.” Blake said as he stroked Allie’s brown locks, his fingers running through her silky soft hair. “And I was wondering, well hoping actually that both you and Liam would join us.”

“To the local beach?” I asked making sure.

“No.” he rubbed the base of his neck. “It’s a few towns over, a two and a half hour drive. Actually, I was thinking of staying there for a night so we won’t have to rush to get home, you know? I don’t want any accidents or detours to happen.”

I nodded in agreement. “That’s a pretty good idea, that way we can relax and have fun.”

“Exactly.” he looked at me with his gray eyes twinkling like the stars at a dark night. “So is that a yes?”

I grinned at him. “Yeah I guess so.”

The wheel stopped when we were at the top so I took a peak down and saw just in time for the guy who helped us in the car signal something with his hand as he stepped backwards. The cabin shook a bit and my eyes snapped to my companions who looked at me in confusion.

Without warning, the Ferris wheel started turning fast and I let out a shriek, and so did Allie and Liam. I closed my eyes immediately as I felt gravity pull my insides down.

I grasped Liam’s hand tighter and when I did, I felt someone gripped mine in a reassuring way. Slowly, I opened my right eye and found Blake’s hand on top of my mine as he sent me an uplifting smile.

I couldn’t help it as I let a blush shamelessly crawl up my cheeks.

“Why is it so fast?” I uttered when I found my voice after a few seconds. “It’s not usually this fast. It’s like a roller coaster already.”

“There are a lot of people waiting in line and they are probably speeding things up to accommodate them.”

I frowned. “Well that’s no fun at all.”

The cabin went down again, pulling my insides with it. I closed my eyes again; the fear of the grip will suddenly give out and send us plummeting down. I have a very…dangerous mind.

Another hand was on top of mine, it was smaller, and the skin was definitely smoother. I opened my eyes again and saw Blake frowning. I looked down and found Allie’s hand over mine, disregarding her father’s.

Blake frowned at me, pursing his lips together in a thin line as he watched his daughter hold my hand in fear instead of his.

“I admit, I like you and all that Bethany, but I’m getting pretty annoyed that my own blood and flesh is starting to like you better.”

Oh my god.

He told me he likes me. He told me he likes me!

I was jumping with joy in the inside; wanting to do cartwheels I know I could never do. I tried my best to hide the stupid smile that was about to break out of my face.

So it wasn’t the type of confession I thought of but still, Blake freaking Greene told me that he freaking likes me. How often do these types of things happen? Most probably not that frequent.

But what if he didn’t mean it? What if the words just slipped out of his mouth because he was jealous?

I frowned at the thought.

“Why the long face Bethany?”

Blake’s words cut me off my train of thoughts. I looked up at him, forcing a smile on my face.

“Just scared of dying.” I lied and he let out a laugh.

“Hey,” he placed his hand on my shoulder, and I felt his warmth pass my shirt and to my cold skin due to fright. “Don’t be scared. I’m here, Liam’s here, and Allie’s here, although she won’t be much of a help because she’s also scared.”

I opened my mouth to make a comeback but my phone vibrated in my pocket. My sister was calling. With my cold and shaky hands (the one that held on to Liam), I answered the call.

“Hello Reese?” I greeted.

“Why is your voice all shaky?” Reese asked on the other line without as much of a greeting. “And why aren’t you answering my Skype call? Where is Liam? Is he with you right now?”

I sighed, being bombarded with questions was one of the reasons why I didn’t like to babysit Liam for a whole month, that and I am clueless when it came to fully taking care of a four year old child.

“We’re in a Ferris Wheel at the fair.”

“Ooh, is the infamous Blake Greene with you?” I heard my sister’s excited voice. I narrowed my eyes to no one in particular, why is she suddenly so excited?

“Why?” I dragged the word as I asked her. “What are you planning to do?”

“So he is there!”

“Why would you assume that?”

I covered the microphone of my phone, just for reassurance, and mouth the words ‘my sister’ to Blake who looked at me with curious eyes.

“Well if he wasn’t you’d say ‘No, why?’ but you just straight-out asked me why.” Reese replied in a duh tone and I could hear her rolling her eyes at me.

“Where did you get that?”

She scoffed. “I’m your sister, I know a lot of things about you; like when you wetted your bed when you were eight-”

“Shut it.” I scowled. “We’ll Skype with you later so go make Dominic a happy husband and make out with him or something.”

“I’ll take something and nail his brains out.”

I scrunched up my nose in disgust and stuck my tongue out, making Blake chuckle. Discussing your sister’s sex life with herself truly wasn’t really what I wanted to hear, or anyone’s sex life for that matter.

“Ew, I don’t want to hear any of it.” I said and bid her. “Goodbye Reese.”

 Just before she could reply or I could kill the call, Blake grabbed the phone out of my hands and stuck his free hand to me to keep me away. He pointed at the floor of the car which was shaking violently. Allie screamed.

“Hello, Reese right? Bethany’s sister? This is Blake Greene.”

I tried to retrieve my phone back but it was of no use. The cabin would shake and tilt and I was too scared for that.

Using my hands, I covered my face which was started to burst in flames. I could practically sense her mischievous grin and evil plans from where I was sitting at.

___________________

Just mention the word 'sex' and wattpad automatically turns it PG-13.

Question: What is your favorite ride at fairs? At amusement parks?  

Mine's zero gravity, also known as round ups, and at amusement parks, rollercoaster and the swing ride also known as swing carousel. They

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

236K 11.7K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
450K 16K 62
Florence Thompson is the poster child for your average 'good girl'. Working at Glenn's Midnight Diner in the heart of her hometown and spending all h...
115 0 20
Katherine "Kathy" McLynn is your ordinary working woman. Independant and beautiful. She is actually different. She has had the same dream of the same...
20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...