Endless Love

By Somesunshine1

This is the third and final book of my Gelphie series Endless Love. Elphaba has regained her memories, and no... More

A New Beginning
Glinda's Garden
What Happened at the Gazebo
Fallout
Alone
An Unexpected Trip
The Emerald Palace
A Visit From Jake
A Run in with an Ex
Caught in the Act
An Explanation for Lerena
Admitting Mistakes and Asking Forgiveness
A Surprise for Elphaba
Reunited
Highmuster
Good News!
Waking Glinda
A Night on the Town
Glinda's Request
Shopping and Lunch
Panicked!
An Anonymous Letter
Misunderstanding and Confusion
Are We Still Together?
The Last Straw
Regretting What Was Said
Never Gonna Let You Go
Forkroot
Tea Time
Seeking Permission
Persistent
Masquerade Preparations
Secret Meetings
Surprise Proposal
Witness to Love
Blast From the Past
Discussing the Party
Telling the Parents
Embarrassed
Choosing a Season
Let the Planning Begin
Like a Daughter
Finding the Perfect Gown
Dressage and Dresses
Uncomfortable Experiences
Dodging Glinda
Bridal Shower.... No!
A Restless Night
Changed Plan
Unexpected Guests and a Gift
A Father's Memories

Masquerade

314 13 13
By Somesunshine1

(Kassie’s POV)

I smile to myself as Elphaba leaves knowing that it won’t be long before she settles in the cabin and makes herself some tea. I don’t watch her for more than a moment as there is more food and beverages that need to be taken out, and so I begin to hand fellow servants trays and platters to take to the party, and once the last of the plates goes out I sigh and take my apron off. For now my duties are done, and I have a bit of time to myself. I decide to take advantage of that and slip out the kitchen door into the night air.

I quickly and quietly make my way through the garden, that has also been decorated, and past a few couples that are wandering around chatting unnoticed. Soon I come to the nearly hidden trail that leads to the cabin, and it is here I look around quickly and seeing I am alone head down the trail. It isn’t more than ten minutes when the cabin comes into view, and quicken my pace still remaining silent as I make my way around the back of the cabin. It is dark with the exception of a single light that is on in the back. I know that Elphaba is in that room because she would never risk having a light on at night on the side of the house someone would easily see it.

Creeping closer I risk looking in the window, and sure enough I’m right! There is Elphaba lounging on the couch reading, and I smile when I see she is drinking the tea as I hoped she would. Depending on how long she has had the tea and how fast she has been consuming it the effects of the tea, or I should say, the drug should kick in. Thankfully I have plenty of time before I need to get back to the kitchen.

Surprisingly it isn’t long before I see Elphaba beginning to nod off, and smile as she downs the last bit of the tea. That a girl! Drink it all down. I can’t help but laugh as she looks a bit confused when she suddenly seems to have trouble holding her book and then struggles to get it as it falls to the ground. She leans back giving up on trying to get the book after a few tries, she closes her eyes and after a few minutes it is evident she is sound asleep.

Chuckling to myself I make my way back towards the house, but I don’t go right to the house instead I head towards the main gates of the estate keeping out of the sight and way of the carriages that are still coming to the party. I slip out an old, rarely use servant's entrance a  ways away from the main gate there I am greeted with a carriage that I knock in the door twice. “Enter!” I hear a familiar voice call, and I slip in.

“Kassie, my dear, you finally made it.” A familiar male’s voice says, and I nod. “Sorry I wasn’t here sooner. I had to finish things in the kitchen and then I went down to the cabin.” I watched as he looks upset. “Don’t worry dear, I made certain I was not followed, and I came to tell you that

Elphaba is asleep. There is no way she would be able to show up at the party even if she wanted to.”

“What did you do?”

“I made sure she had the special tea with her. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to be a little extra cautious.” I smile at him. “Now I must be going, and you need to get into the party and do your thing now.” With that we hug quickly and I leave heading back to the house, and the carriage makes its way towards the house.

(Glinda’s POV)

After Elphie leaves Bessie finishes helping me get ready and I head down to the ballroom where Momsie and Popsicle are talking with a couple. I smile when I see them dressed in similar costumes. “You two look wonderful!” I say going over to them, and they smile at me. “You look lovely as well dear.”

“Thank you!” I say and turn to look at the guests who have already arrived. “Good evening, Master and Lady Carbella.” I say giving them a slight curtsy. “Good evening Lady Glinda.” They both say giving a bow or a curtsy in return.

“How have you been since you have stepped down as ruler?” Master Carbella asks, and I smile. “I am doing much better, thank you. While I did enjoy being able to help everyone in Oz the position became far too overwhelming for me to the point it was beginning to affect me physically, but I am happy to say that since then I have made almost a full recovery.”

“We are so glad to hear that.” Lady Carbella says taking my hand and giving it a squeeze. “We were so afraid when we heard from you mother that you weren’t doing well that you may not recover. My great aunt knew a gentleman who had a cousin that was a mayor in a rather large town that became so stressed out over overseeing things that he killed himself!”

“My! That's horrible!” I say gasping. Great she’s a major gossiper and a know it all. I think to myself. “I can assure you I never got to that point.” I lied, but it wasn’t the ruling part that made want to kill myself, but I very well couldn’t tell her or anyone else the real reason why I stepped down. “I am so glad to hear that!” She says after I tell her, and she goes to continue to talk, but thankfully it is time for the Masquerade to begin. Popsicle gently pulls me away and Momsie away to stand with him while he goes to begin the masquerade.

“Good evening Ladies and Gentleman! Welcome to our annual Harvest Festival! As you all know this is a time in which we celebrate and dine giving thanks to the Luraline for her bountiful blessings. This year I am very pleased to say my daughter, Lady Glinda the Good, will be joining us in our festivities this year’s!” Everyone cheers and I smile and wave. Popsicle gets everyone to settle down. “Without further adieu let the Masquerade begin!” With that the orchestra begins to play and the dance floor starts to fill up with masked couples.

I watch as the couples dance around around the floor, and I wished that Elphie had decided to come. I knew she never had been one for parties of any kind and still wasn’t, but I still wanted her to be here with me. I wanted to be out there on dance floor dancing carefree and happy with my Elphie, and before I can get too lost in thought someone stands in front of me. “Excuse me Lady Glinda, but may I have this dance?” I look up and nod accepting his arm. We move to the dance floor and he chats about various things, but really I'm not paying much attention. Thankfully he is one of these people likes to hear himself talk so I wasn't expecting to say anything. Unfortunately though, he wanted to continue to dance and so I danced the next two dances with him until I excused myself saying I needed to speak with Momsie about something I just remembered was important.

“Excuse me please, but may I borrow my Mother for a moment?” I ask approaching her and Popsicle as  they chat with friends. “Of course!” Popsicle says and Momsie walks with me to the hall. “Is everything alright, Glinda?” She asks worriedly removing her mask and mine so she can see my face. I shake my head. “I just don't feel right dancing with other people and not Elphie.” I say to her quietly.

“Glinda,” she takes my band and makes me look at her. “She already told you it was okay for you to dance with guys. She knows you enjoy dancing, and wanted to you take tonight to relax and have some fun.”

“I guess you're right.” I sigh and give her a small smile. “It just doesn't feel right though.”

“I know, but she wants you to enjoy yourself.”

“And I will. I promise.” I smiles.

(Mysterious Guest)

I arrive at the party fully dressed in a black suit, with a white ruffle collar shirt, black gloves, a large brim musketeer style hat, a cape,  and a full mask that doesn't allow anyone to see my face at all. nd notice there are an awfully lot of guests here, but I expected as much seeing as this is one of the most anticipated parties of the year. Weaving my way through the crowd I spot the one person I was looking for, her Goodness Lady Glinda, and she is talking with her mother.

Making my way over towards her I notice her father and make a detour towards him. I clear my throat when I get to him and he looks up. “Good evening, Sir.” He says holding out a hand to shake. “Do I know you?” He asks, but I don't say anything as I shake his hand. “Okaaay…” he says hesitantly. “May I help you?” I nod and look at where Lady Glinda is talking with her mother. “Ah! You want to meet me daughter, don't you?”  I nod again and he turns towards them and starts heading their direction. “Come follow me and I will introduce you.”

We approach them and it looks as if they have just finished talking. Lady Glinda and Lady Upland both look up. “Lerena! Glinda!” Master Upland says. “This gentleman,” he motions to me, “wanted to meet you.” I give. Slight bow to both and kiss first Lady Upland’s hand then Lady Glinda's.

“It's a pleasure to meet you!” They both say. “May I ask what your name is please?” Lady Glinda asks, and I don't respond just shake my head, and then I look over at the dance floor and then back at Lady Glinda and bow. Good. She realizes I want to dance. “Oh, um, yes. Of course I would love to dance.” She says giving a curtsy and accepting my arm.

We arrive in the dance floor and begin to slowly waltz around around the room. “You dance very well.” Lady Glinda says and I give a slight nod off thanks. “Please tell me about yourself. “ She says and I shake my head. “You don't talk much do you?” She asks and I give her a spin and then hake my head. “It's alright. I actually don't mind that. The last gentleman I danced with wouldn't stop talking! It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been the fact he only talked about himself.” I shake my head in disbelief. “I know! It was rather annoying!” She says and smiles. Her whole face seemed to light up and I liked that.

We continue to dance, and it's evident that she doesn't plan on switching to a different partner anytime soon which is fine with me. I am enjoying listening her talk. She sounds so happy, and finally there is a break a music, and as we leave the dance.floor I make a motion towards the refreshment table. She smiles. “I would love a drink!” She says and I lead her over to the table where I proceed to get her a glass of punch.

“Glinda!” We both turn as we hear her name being called and two people dressed as swans join us. “Glinda! It me, Boq!” The man says, and Glinda smiles. “Biq! It's so good to see you again, and Millie! How are the children?”

“They are all doing well, and it's very nice to see you again as well!” Boq says, and then turns to me. “My name is Boq, and this is my wife Millie. Who might you be?” He asks extending his hand for me to shake, which I do, and then I kiss his wife's hand politely. I don't say anything though and they look at Glinda.  Millie leans towards her, “Not to be rude, but is there something wrong with him?”

“I am fairly certain that he is mute, for he hasn't spoken a word since I have met him.” She replies and I just nod when three pairs of eyes look look at me. “I apologise, sir.” Boq says to me, and I give a slight wave of my hand indicating all is well.

I listen as they chat for bit, and soon the music begins again. I tap Lady Glinda's arm, and when she looks at me I offer her my arm. She smile and accepts it. “Excuse me, but we are going to dance.some more.” She says smiling at Boq and Millie. With that we make our way to the dance floor.

We find ourselves dancing around the room and soon we are near the doorway that leads out into the garden, and I gently maneuver us towards it. She notices. “Would you like to walk the gardens?” She asks me and I nod and once we get to the door we go out. There are other masked couples walking around or standing in small groups chatting, but I wasn't interested in them as we begin to walk around.

“So, my dear sir, I hope you have been having as pleasant a time as I have.” Glinda says as we link arms. I smile behind my mask, even though she can't see that, and nod. She returns the smile. “I wasn't sure I would enjoy the evenings festivities.” She says and I tilt my head slightly waiting for her to go on. “Well, I had been hoping that someone very special would attend, but they didn't.” She says quietly closing her eyes briefly as I lead us around the gardens path.

After a bit of walking silents I bring her to a halt pulling her from her thoughts. She looks around and I her eyes widen. “This is my garden!” She says her eyes wide as she looks around. There are beautiful lights that have been hung around that gives off just enough light to cast a romantic glow  across things and even with the flowers dying it still looked beautiful. She slowly turns around taking everything in. “It's all so beautiful, but don't understand.” She says her sapphire eyes looking at me questioningly. “How do you know about my garden?”

Finally the beautiful goddess whom I have dreamed about turns to face me again. For years I have desired her, as have many others in Oz, but none like me.  Alright. I think to myself. It's now or never. I reach into my suit pocket and pull out a small box. Kneeling down I open the box and hold it out to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.1K 50
This is a Descendant story that will follow Eleanor Thropp through her trip to Auradon. Eleanor is the daughter of Elphaba and Fiyero, also known as...
58.1K 1.9K 45
So much happened after Elphaba and Fiyero left Oz. (Elphaba's POV) DISCLAIMER: I SADLY DO NOT OWN WICKED 5.19.22 You guys... I wrote this when I was...
76K 2.2K 30
Runaway Love Sequel. Endless love: To Infinity and Beyond. "Promise that you'll always love me and stay with me?" "I loved you yesterday and I lov...
13.2K 400 47
STARTED: March 1, 2019 FINISHED: December 15, 2019 BOOK ONE: If I'm Lucky BOOK TWO: Think About You BOOK THREE: Endlessly BOOK FOUR: ROLLERCOASTER Ra...