I'll Be Your Guardian (boyxbo...

By JusstaReader_

My name is Jack Frost, and I'm a guardian. To any of you who don't know who I am or what I protect; I'm the o... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

2.5K 86 16
By JusstaReader_

My name is Jack Frost, and I'm a guardian. To any of you who don't know who I am or what I protect; I'm the one who makes winter. I'm the one who makes the blizzards and the snow days and the fun. And I protect those fun times in children. Fun is my center, like my good friend North, or as you might know him, Santa, told me.

It's been almost 10 years since I first became a guardian. Which is practically nothing to me, knowing I'm hundreds of years old. Although, I don't look it at all. If I would have to guess what age I looked like, I'd say about 18 or so? But that's beside the point.

Tomorrow is actually the anniversary of the day I became a guardian. So the other four are busy planning me a party. There's 5 guardians; Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, and myself. Then there was the elves and the baby fairies, the eggs, and the yetis, so it should be a pretty packed party.

I look back on the past 10 years. How I became a guardian, all that I learned, and who I've become. I think back on Pitch, who had taken over the children's dreams and caused them all to stop believing. But he's gone now. We had defeated him, sending him into the hole in the ground that leads to God knows where.

I guess I really have to thank the boy who helped me out with it all, Jamie. He was the only one who believed when Pitch had spread his nightmares to all the other kids. He... he was the first to see me... to believe in me. That's why I needed to invite him to this party.

Today, everyone had gathered in the North Pole, where the party was going to be held. At the moment, they were catching up on what had happened since the last time they'd talk. Although, since I became a guardian, it seems as though they talk more than before.

Since everyone is preoccupied at the moment, it's a good time to sneak out. I opened the window I was sitting by and silently snuck out. But, before I could close the window, Tooth flittered over and pushed it back open.

"Jack? Where are you going?" She asked, curiously. I floated in the air, shrugging. Her feathers quivered in the icy wind. She held onto her arms, rubbing them to warm herself.

"Just somewhere." I muttered. She frowned deeply. Tooth and I had had some... relationship changes in the past 10 years. I remember the first time she tried to kiss me.

---

It was summertime and I had literally nothing to do. I get quite depressed during that season, actually. I sat in a tree up where I wouldn't be bothered. In summer, I usually spend the day time in the North Pole, where I could handle the temperature, but during the night, I went back to the town where I usually stayed. This particular night, I was up in a tree, enjoying the cooler air.

I had almost drifted asleep when I saw a flash of color brush past me. I sat up and looked around. When I looked to my right, I saw Tooth staring at me with a slight blush. "What?" I ask, curious as to why she was looking at me like that.

"I umm.." She started, brushing some feathers back. What was it now? She wasn't going to obsess about my teeth again, was she? She fluttered closer, taking a seat beside me on the tree branch. "I was wondering, Jack... Do you umm..." Geez, out with it already. She put her head in her hands, sighing deeply. What was wrong with her? This couldn't be some silly teeth thing anymore.

"What is it? You can tell me?" I say softly, placing an arm around her. I felt her tense up and I began to worry. She finally looked at me and her eyes were full of fear and something else I couldn't quiet figure out. Suddenly, she leaned towards me, eyes closing and lips puckering.

For a moment, I was unsure of what she was doing. Then, I realized she wanted a kiss. I had never kissed anyone before... and kissing a fellow guardian... it just didn't feel right. I softly push her back and her stunningly purple eyes fluttered open.

"What?" She questioned, obviously confused. I would be too, showing my love to someone through a kiss and getting rejected immediately. But it just wasn't right. I couldn't do it!

"Nothing I just... I really need to be somewhere." And with that, I had the wind fly me away. I couldn't bare to hurt her...

---

Ever since, she has tried to sneak kisses, I've rejected all. Nowadays, she hasn't really tried to do anything like that. It's all been pretty much back to normal. Although, I know she still feels that for me. It actually made me pretty uncomfortable.

"No, Jack." Tooth said, interrupting my thoughts. "Tell me.." She took hold of my arm, looking at me with a worried expression. I just shook her off.

"Seriously. It's no where important. I'll be back before ya know it." I gave her a reassuring smile, but her frown only deepened.

"Okay, just... be careful out there, Jack." She warned, avoiding eye contact, before shutting the window. I sighed and had the wind take me to Burgess, the town of which Jamie lived.

I look down upon the house tops, lowering myself onto his. I slip onto the landing outside his window and look in. The cold weather made my breath fog up the glass. Inside the dark room, I saw the brown haired boy in bed asleep. I quietly opened his window and slide inside.

Now closer, I see how much he's matured by the look of his room. There was no longer any toys lying around, but a computer in the corner. His walls were a dark blue color and his comforter was black. I wasn't really prepared for this... I'm not really sure why, but I expected Jamie to be the same little boy he was.

I walk around to the side of the bed where he lay. I kneel down, slightly inching closer to his face, which looked way more mature. He, for the most part, still had the same brown hair cut; tousled and lazy. His soft pink lips were slightly opened, his breaths slow and deep. Wait, what am I doing? This is waisting time!

I try to touch his shoulder, and when my hand doesn't go through him, I smile. He still believes in me. I mean, how could he not? Best childhood ever, right?

I gently shake him until his eyes flutter open. He stares at me for a few seconds until he realize what was happening. He sprang up in bed, backing up until he fell off. He wasn't on the ground for long because he bolted up and towards the door. I slipped into his path, holding up my hands in an attempt to calm him down.

"Jamie! It's me! Jack Frost!" I shout, knowing his parents wouldn't be able to hear me. He stopped, looking at me with wide eyes. He lifted a hand up and touched my face, making me feel a bit uncomfortable. I smile nonetheless. He returns it, bringing me into a tight hug.

"Jack! Oh god, I've missed you!" He pulled back, the huge grin still overbearing his face. "Sorry about that," he says, gesturing to his bed. "I didn't think it was you. I expected you to look older, ya know?" He chuckles.

"I missed you too, Jamie." I smile, looking him over... again. He was taller than me now, which was hard to imagine. His body was lean but muscular. He must work out. He snaps me out of my thoughts when he cleared his throat.

"So umm, why are you here?" He asked, looking puzzled. I smile brightly, putting down my stick and sitting on it so I was now towering over him.

"Glad you asked! Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of when I became a guardian." I say proudly. He looks up at me in awe, that goofy side smile still there. "And ya know, since it was all thanks to you, really, I just thought you 'ought to be invited!"

"Wow! Really? I'd love to!" He shouted, smiling. But, his smile quickly faded and he looked down at his bare feet. "But I can't."

"What!? Why?" I ask, obviously surprised. I mean, who wouldn't be? I came all the way here hoping to take a cutie home! (that's a joke by the way!) He deserves to be there! He's the reason why I'm a Guardian!

Jamie opened his mouth to speak but before he could, the door opened. "Will you shut up?" Said a girl with hair dyed dark red. It was all in her face and she was constantly flipping it out of the way so she could see. It didn't take me long to figure out who it was. Sophie.

She looked over at me, her dark makeup covered eyes widened. "Jack!?" She practically screamed. I winced, jumping down from my stick. She ran over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck in a tight hug. I was quite surprised and feeling a little awkward.

"Uh... hi Sophie..." I stutter but this just seems to make her more excited.

"You remember me!?" She squealed like a little fan girl. Jamie rolled his eyes, taking his sister by the arm and pushing her towards the door. "No, Jamie!" She shrieked, wailing her arms, trying to get back to me.

"Just leave us alone!" He yelled back, finally a getting her out the door, but not before a hand stopped him from shutting it.

"What in the world is going on here?" An older woman asked. I assumed this must be Jamie's mother. Jamie looked from his mom, to Sophie, to me and back. Sophie looked nervous, chewing on her fingernails painted black.

"I umm, just wanted to see what Jamie was doing because he was making soooo much noise and then I didn't leave when he asked me to and then we got in a huge argument like a loud one and I still wouldn't leave so he had to shove me out and then you caught us and now we are in trouble!" Sophie said, taking a giant breath at the end. Talk about run-on sentences.

"Okay, well then Sophie, you should go to your room and you both need to go to bed. It's past 3:00! Busy day tomorrow for you young man." The blonde woman said, jabbing a finger at Jamie. I just watched, in fact, I made a few silly faces at Sophie. I knew her mom couldn't see anyway. Sophie covered her mouth with her hand to stifle the laughter and walked away.

Jamie's mom gave him a kiss on the forehead, making him blush and gaze over at me. I smirked. How cute, he's embarrassed because his mommy gave him a kiss in front of someone so important.

"Okay, okay Mom. Goodnight!" He pushed her away which just earned him one of those stares only parents can give you, but she still left. Jamie sighed, flopping on his bed.

"So, you never told me," I began, sitting on the edge of his bed. He looked up at me, a soft pink color still touching his cheeks. "Why can you come?" I asked and it sounded a lot more disappointed than I intended it to be, making Jamie frown.

"I-I'm sorry, Jack. I'd really like to but I'm grounded. I have to do a butt load of chores tomorrow and I can't leave the house." He looked away, still frowning. I felt bad for him and was going to comfort him, but my curiosity got the best of me.

"Why are you grounded?" I asked and he groaned.

"Don't make me tell you!" He whined and I laugh.

"You don't have to." I smirk down at him and he looks up at me with a smile. "Well, I should probably let you get some sleep, you're gonna need it." I walk over to his light, turning it back off. I walk past his bed again and before I could leave, I feel his hand clamp around my wist, stopping me.

"Jack, stay with me!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 1.2K 15
It's been 300 years and you still haven't admitted your feelings to Jack, nor has he admitted his own to you. What kind of push needs to be applied...
75.3K 2.7K 19
[Sequel to Frostbitten] Cupid is stuck. He's in a situation where it seems almost everyone will end up getting hurt, and as a person who blames himse...
114K 3K 17
Every guardian has a purpose, and Jack Frost couldn't find his. One day he meets 17 year old girl who can see him. Little does he know her connection...
56.6K 1.9K 16
Several years after Pitch's defeat, things are quieter. However, fear is still around even if Pitch is not and it strikes hardest when Jack tells his...