Radio Interview (Louis Tomlin...

By BelWatson

{completed} ✓ - He lost the woman he once loved due to his fame, since then he promised he would never do suc... More

Prologue ~ Louis
Chapter 1 ~ Havi
Chapter 2 ~ Louis
Chapter 3 ~ Havi
Chapter 5 ~ Havi
Chapter 6 ~ Louis
Chapter 7 ~ Havi
Chapter 8 ~ Louis
Chapter 9 ~ Havi
Chapter 10 ~ Louis
Chapter 11 ~ Havi
Chapter 12 ~ Louis
Chapter 13 ~ Havi
Chapter 14 ~ Louis
Chapter 15 ~ Havi
Chapter 16 ~ Louis
Chapter 17 ~ Havi
Chapter 18 ~ Louis
Chapter 19 ~ Havi
Chapter 20 ~ Louis
Chapter 21 ~ Havi
Chapter 22 ~ Louis
Chapter 23 ~ Havi
Chapter 24 ~ Louis
Chapter 25 ~ Havi
Chapter 26 ~ Louis
Chapter 27 ~ Havi
Chapter 28 ~ Louis
Chapter 29 ~ Havi
Chapter 30 ~ Louis
Chapter 31 ~ Havi
Chapter 32 ~ Louis
Chapter 33 ~ Havi
Chapter 34 ~ Louis
Epilogue ~ Havi

Chapter 4 ~ Louis

210K 3.8K 934
By BelWatson

Chapter 4 ~ Louis

No one talked during the ride to the complex where we all had our flats. Personally I couldn't stop thinking of the idea of the contest though it meant to meet fans and I was still dreading to do that, for some reason this contest in particular seemed so appealing. I told myself it wasn't because of Havi and that we were going to see her a lot, it couldn't be that because I just met her and it didn't matter how nice and cute she seemed, I wasn't interested.

I told myself that, at least.

We decided that we were going to think about it and that meant that we all were going to be at me and Harry’s flat to discuss this thoroughly. I knew that Liam wasn't into the whole idea because it meant a lot of our barely free time would be used, Zayn and Harry weren't sure yet and Niall was in. He loved to do this for our fans. Me– I still didn't know what to do about it. An important part of me wanted to say yes and convince Liam about it, but there was this other part that wanted to avoid all direct contact with the fans. It always had taken me a lot to truly forgive and forget.

I wasn't ready to forgive those fans yet, no matter if I already forgot about Eleanor. The problem was that when we met fans I could never know if they sent hate to my ex girlfriend or not and not knowing always put me in a bad mood. Niall always told me that I should think the best, just assume that the fans we met were the nice ones, the ones that sent love and support to Eleanor. I tried, but I just couldn't be that positive all the time.

George and the driver of the van that day, Richard, left us in the parking of the complex and we said our goodbyes. After we took the lift, the lads and I went right into our flat where we were going to talk about the whole contest thing. I still felt a little weird about it, I just couldn’t make my mind and for some reason, Havi’s face didn’t stop popping in my mind like a movie on replay.

As we made our way into the flat, Niall went straight to the kitchen and Liam and Zayn threw themselves onto the sofa. Harry took seat on the love seat and I sat next to him. We waited for Niall and during the meantime; we were all checking our accounts on our phones. I had, as usual, hundreds of mentions and I wished I could reply to all of them, but I just couldn’t. There were always all kinds of mentions and it was really funny. Sometimes they scared me though. Sometimes I didn’t understand.

Niall got back from the kitchen and taking that as a sign, Liam sat straight and looked at each of us. “I don’t think we should do it. The contest, I mean. It will mean to be attached to this station for a whole month and we all need a break. We should do the less possible things,” he stated his opinion and I knew he was right, that we should avoid all kind of activities and bound ourselves to just those compulsory meetings and interviews we had to do, but that big part of me just wanted to argue.

“It might be fun,” Harry proposed looking at me with a little smile and I just did the same. Even if I didn’t tell him yet, he knew that I was highly in favour of this contest.

“Yeah buddy!” Niall supported and I wanted to hug him but he was too far away –next to Zayn– and I didn’t want to move. “Plus, Joy and Havi seem like really nice girls.”

“I dunno, they seem fun, but I don’t want to be that into a contest. You know? Picking the girls and stuff,” was Zayn’s comment and I was about to throw a cushion at him for being a lazy arse.

I caught myself and I almost let my jaw hit the floor. I wanted the contest. I couldn’t trick myself anymore, it was obvious that I wanted to do that contest. That was why I felt like Harry and Niall were on my side and that we were against Liam and Zayn. The reasons why I wanted that… I wasn’t going to think of that.

“What do you think, Lou,” Liam asked looking right into my eyes. I woke up from that weird trance I got into and looked at him too.

“I wanna do it,” I replied with a huge smile. “It’s gonna be fun! We can finally pick the best answers. The most original, the most hilarious and even the most touching. Think about it. It would be great for us and we would be helping Havi and Joy. It’s not that hard and they will help us all the time, plus, we have the time now. This is the time to do it, mate!” I stated with so much determination and conviction that I surprised even myself.  Harry had a funny smirk on his face and looked at me in a way that said he knew something more.

“I thought you didn’t want to do more things with fans,” Zayn added looking at me suspiciously.

“But now we pick the fans we’re gonna meet. That’s different!” I defended my point realising how much I wanted to do the contest. “Can’t you see it? It’s gonna be so different! We will pick those girls that we feel are special. This is not gonna be any meet and greet, mate!”

I was really excited about it, and getting more and more excited with every passing second. I really liked the idea, thinking that we were going to pick the winners made everything different, it made it feel more personal and special. I really wanted this.

Liam still seemed unsure about it and I was almost bouncing next to Harry. I could see he was grinning and I had the feeling that he was going to ask many questions later, but I didn’t care; I was only focused on Liam in that moment, waiting for his answer. Zayn, on the other hand, just shrugged which meant he didn’t care so it was going to be whatever we decided. The black-haired boy ignored us and concentrated on his phone doing God knows what.

“C’mon, Liam! It’s gonna be fun!” Niall supported and I felt like throwing myself to his arms and giving him a big bear hug.

Liam sighed and rolled his eyes and I knew we had him. Why did I suddenly feel the need to jump and throw my fist in the air? “Okay, let’s do it.”

I couldn’t help myself from screaming “yeah!” which surprised all my friends. But, well, I was kind of used to those looks, after all, it was me the one who always did something stupid just to cheer them up and make them forget about all the stress of being in One Direction.

“Okay, we shall call them then, to let them know our decision,” Liam commented taking his phone but I was faster and I was already with mine against my ear and waiting for someone to pick up. Not that I was excited or anything.

No one picked up at first and I told the guys I was going to call again later.

I called again like twenty minutes later. I waited till a feminine voiced answered and I immediately asked for Havi, because it was her number the one I dialled.

“Hi, is this Havi’s number?” I asked waiting because the voice that answered didn’t sound like her, but I could be wrong, after all, I just met her that day.

“Yes, this is her number but she’s… um, unavailable right now. Who is calling?” Hmm, so probably it was Joy the one who picked up. I wondered why Havi didn’t answer her own phone.

“It’s Louis,” I replied whilst I saw as all my friends were looking at me, even Zayn who put his phone aside. I started to feel uncomfortable, so I stood up and went to the kitchen to have some privacy. Who I thought it was Joy repeated my name and soon I heard someone saying ‘put the speaker on’ to be followed by her voice saying my name.

“Hi there!” I said grinning though she couldn’t see that. “How are you? You okay?” I asked because I was kind of worried as she didn’t pick up the phone. Maybe she wasn’t feeling right.

“Yes, yes… just watched Glee and I was feeling a bit, well, overwhelmed,” she replied and I just chuckled. I was starting to get really worried and she was just fangirling over a TV show.

“Oh, that’s okay. Well, I just... um… I called you just to let you know that we talked with the lads about the contest,” I started to say feeling a bit nervous. “And we agreed that it would be great. So, we’re in.”

What happened next was really… weird. I heard both of them squealed and a loud pop that I just assumed was her phone hitting the floor. I heard more screams and some words that I couldn’t quite decipher, but they sounded really excited.

“Oh my God! Thank you so much for this, Louis! It means the world to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh God, I thought you weren’t going to even call!” She said ever so fast and I could see her face in my mind, that sweet smile with her eyes shining. I felt so good knowing that I gave her the news that made her that happy.

“Why? I told you I was going to call you and this is me calling. I was going to do it even if we decided we couldn’t do it. I’m a man of my word,” I heard her giggling and I just found that really cute. For some reason, talking to her felt natural and it was easy, she had me with a grin on my face all the time.

“That’s so sweet of you! Thank you so much.” I smiled feeling so proud when I knew it wasn’t that big of a deal, but she was so happy and that made me happy. “I can’t really tell you how much this means to us. I’m forever in your debt!”

I chuckled again, laughing to myself thinking that she didn’t even know about all this at the beginning and that she didn’t like us, but she was so happy to work with us just because it was a good opportunity for them. I liked that she could put aside all her preconceptions and thoughts about us just for the sake of the radio station and her friend.

 “So, tell me: when do you need us there to start working on this?” I asked taking a seat on the isle in the middle of the kitchen. Who needed proper seats when you could sit wherever you wanted?

“Oh, the sooner the better. We need to plan this carefully before announcing the whole contest through the show. When can you meet?” She asked and I stopped to think for a few seconds. We didn’t have any appointments for the next day, but maybe some of the lads made plans.

“Hmm, I have to talk to the lads about that. I can only speak for myself right now.”

“Well, even if it’s only you for now, it would be great if we can start this as soon as possible. Tomorrow would be even better!” She trailed off and I couldn’t stop smiling.

“I guess I can go there in the afternoon after the show is over. I’ll take all the lads that are available with me,” I offered feeling really excited for the idea of going to the station again. I wanted to start this contest as soon as possible. Yes, it was that. It has nothing to do with the fact that I was going to see her. Nothing.

“Great!” she almost screamed. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scream, I’m just so happy right now. Thank you!” I chuckled. She definitely was the grateful type. “So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll have almost everything ready so it will be easy for you all. I promise this won’t add more stress to your lives.”

I smiled and nodded and then remembered she couldn’t actually see that. “No worries, we’re really excited for all this.”

“Amazing. Then, see ya tomorrow. Take care and thanks, again,” she giggle one more time.

“See ya tomorrow, Havi.” It felt somewhat weird yet right to say her name slowly and carefully pronounced. I liked it. For a few seconds we stayed there in silence, but neither of us hung up.

“Bye,” she said and I replied with the same word before I finally hung up. I stayed there with the iPhone in my hand looking at the screen and I could still feel the grin on my face.

“I haven’t seen you smiling like that in a long time. It seems like you really like this girl.” I heard Harry and almost dropped my phone. I blinked quickly not knowing what to say, still in shock for his declaration.

“What are you saying? It’s not that. I’m just excited for the contest,” I finally said but it was obvious Harry didn’t quite believe me, I saw that in his eyes.

“Whatever lets you sleep at night, mate. Whatever.”

I just looked at him as he turned around and walked away leaving me alone with that thought.

-:-:-:-

Shout out for @babyblue1996 because she's sweet and she has this story I just adore "Sing me a Song". You should check it out.

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 21.4K 30
Louis Tomlinson didn't need anybody. If he didn't need anybody, then he didn't have to care for anybody in return. And that's just how he liked it. H...
2.5K 89 51
Every one wants a happily ever after..right? After liking someone for two years, they are finally together...could they be forever? Sam thinks that h...
3 3 28
Her whole world was shattered on her 21st birthday she thought she could never heal. She closed herself off and went through the motions of every da...
306 2 8
Now Jessica realizes Louis doesn't remember her, they 'hate' each other, but then eventually fall in love, but not even love lasts forever when an ex...